Bolthouse Farms Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and inviting workplace very understanding
Quality Control/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 5, 2016
All shifts were inviting and helpful as far as the QC department is concerned. However the first shift production was rude and entitled and refused most times to correct issues.
Pros
Understanding and helpful
Cons
Reject to fix issues and develop standard operating procedure
Hard labor
production worker/machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 30, 2016
You need to be extremely punctual, and the temperatures take a toll on your body. The environment is really fast past, there is no room for small breathers until your lunch or break. The co-workers are very loyal and kind.
It pays the bills
Lift Truck Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 21, 2016
Not too bad of a place to work for.
There are plenty of hours to go around, especially during the busy season. However, you are required to work 6-7 days a week and are usually required to stay overtime. Don't get me wrong, I love to work, I just don't like the idea of knowing you only make so much per hour that you need to work those 60+ hours a week to get by. When it comes to management, it is a game of hit and miss. Some of them are great people that make you want to work, but there are also quite a few that make you want to look for work elsewhere. Opportunity for advancement is low. A lot of people tend to get stuck as a temp., management does not want to promote, and tends to hire from the outside. I think the best part of the job are your co-workers. They are a great group of people that love to laugh and joke around, but still like to ensure the job gets done quickly and safely.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Pay and opportunity for advancement
cool job
packer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 6, 2016
cool job. just didn't like the hours. i felt like i had no life because sometimes we would work monday-sunday 8-10 hour shift each day.
carrots stocking
carrots (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 18, 2016
working at boathouse you see a lot a people constantly moving , you have to move fast , you have to count right and be focused. your constantly stacking boxes carrying them and delivering them .you have to work through a certain time theres no time to waist your work is judged on your productivity.
fun and interactive
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 2, 2015
This place definitely taught me the most out of my whole work experience. It was demanding everything wanted to be done since yesterday. Definitely my most favorite job.
Productive Work Place
quality control technicianq (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 8, 2015
A typical day at work will be, that when my shift came in we right away start our job and go out to the plant and assist the people who need our permission to run their machines. I learned how to make sure materials and manufacturing machinery are in proper order. When ever we have a problem or we don't understand a cretin thing our management was their to help us at all time. They were always one call away. The co-workers there were responsible, hard workers, and always helpful as well. In this job i didn't find anything hard. i felt that i understood what was need to be done. I enjoyed this job because I was able to be part of a work environment were a lot of people need to be respectful, helpful, and on task at all times. This is a 24 hours company as well.
Pros
Healthcare, Free Lunches at times
Great co-workers, although turnover was very high. Work/life balance was non-existent. Opportunities to learn new business and software excellent
CONTROLLER - BRUNDAGE (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 15, 2015
Hired in April for newly created position of Brundage Controller. Position was eliminated. Salary was excellent, but, is not a major consideration for me. Management style leaned toward extreme micro-,managing. With my extensive experience in accounting management and various software platforms, I felt this was not necessary in my case. Co-workers were excellent and helpful. Since I tend to "devour" new things, learning the Bolthouse systems was the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
best job ever
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 3, 2015
i loved working at bolthouse farms becuse i was treated as a human being not jus a regular people showed real love there and honestly would offer help if needed
Pros
getting treated like family
Cons
it was extremely cold
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 21, 2015
Driving a forklift during work hours. You have to be very careful that you don't make any mistakes such as dropping anything or damaging the machines.
productive fast paste
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 2, 2015
Every day we step into the office to get a pass down. Create a ingredients staging form and write down the lot numbers. QC initials needed to proceed the run. Once the batch is approved by QC we can transfer to the ALsafe.
Great Place to work but they go through temps because the job is very demanding
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 31, 2015
My typical day started off as getting to work and immediately have a 100 tasks that need to be done now. I learned a lot about ingredients. Management was never really around because I worked nights. Co-workers where fun and majority of the time tried to tell my group how to do our job but would always ask us questions. The hardest part is how unrealistic they want things done there was a couple times I had to miss my lunch because everything needed to be done as soon as possible otherwise production shut down and you could possibly loose your job over it. The group they had me with was way understaffed and it took them 5 months to start hiring process. The most enjoyable is being recognized for your hard work when production breaks a record.
Pros
Health care coverage and then also you can buy the products at the company store for about $1
Cons
Miss lunch breaks or breaks in general with out any compensation.
A great experience
Mechanical and Fabrication Designer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 25, 2015
The knowledge I gained from working here has taking me to great places. I worked with a great staff and it was an awesome experience.
Choose well
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 20, 2015
Great people to work with, opportunities to advance if your willing to compromise what you want to work about. Great benefits and friendly co workers.
Compensation is above average
Assistant Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 25, 2015
Bothouse Farms Is a work place that if you work hard you can advance. Training is available to all that seek it. Compensation is equal to job requirements
Pros
healthcare, vacation, sickdays
Most of the People
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 6, 2015
Most of the people that work there are amazing and have a wonderful personality. I loved my Job but as a women working with Produmitaly men in the work place it is much harder to receive respect.
Very productive work with bad system
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work involves stacking 50 lb. bags of carrots onto a pallet . I learned how to stack and wrap pallets . Management is very strict and is concerned only about getting the job done , sometimes putting peoples lives or even being sick on the backburner . The hardest part of the job was working long hours with sometimes no or late breaks.
Pros
Job
Cons
Late or no breaks, Bad Management, Dirty and unhappy enviornment
Don't waste your time.
PLANNER/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 7, 2015
There are two carrot producers that feed the entire world. If there was ten, Bolthouse's archaic way of doing business would've put them under. A 2% raise is not a raise, it's an insult. Don't expect to get ANYTHING done if you don't have a buddy to back you, and someone else does.
Pros
Free carrots, that's it.
Cons
The company started in 1915. Management still thinks it's 1915.
A good place to build
LTO Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 7, 2015
A typical day on the job is getting product shipped in and shipped out in a timely orderly fashion. i thank Bolthouse Farms for the opportunity to achieve every goal and skill i wanted to reach and accomplish whether a new job title or certification. My management is an amazing group that thrives to see others succeed,
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  bakersfield caApril 27, 2015
drive forklift pick orders loade truck pallet pick hireplant pick pack unpick orders consolidate orders clean warehouse an help wher needed