Bolthouse Farms

Bolthouse Farms Employee Reviews

A good place to build
LTO Warehouse (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 7, 2015
A typical day on the job is getting product shipped in and shipped out in a timely orderly fashion. i thank Bolthouse Farms for the opportunity to achieve every goal and skill i wanted to reach and accomplish whether a new job title or certification. My management is an amazing group that thrives to see others succeed,
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), bakersfield caApril 27, 2015
drive forklift pick orders loade truck pallet pick hireplant pick pack unpick orders consolidate orders clean warehouse an help wher needed
productive workplace with friendly management
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 27, 2015
A typical day of work at Bolthouse Farms is fast pace with strict requirements, but with friendly management. co-workers are friendly as well
stressful workplace
Security guard (Former Employee), securityFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: discrimination and poor managment
Bolthouse Farms is a good company to work for its just the management people they have working for them that is the problem. There was discrimination displayed toward several people working there. The job itself was very productive and enjoyable. I enjoyed working with my co workers and all the other people at the company. The benefits were excellent.
Healthy Fun and Productive work place. I love a challenge and managing schedules for a CEO and CFO was a challenge I enjoyed very much.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield CAJanuary 21, 2015
Arrived at 7:45 and began my day by glancing at deadlines and schedules for those I support.

Managed budgets for departments, memo's, reviews, presentations, travel, expense reports, etc.

Worked as a team with my co-workers

Hardest part of job was keeping abreast of changes within the company.

Enjoyed all aspects.
Very exciting and fast pace place to work.
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 22, 2014
Very fast pace job, I learned a lot of skills and abilities: Trained Employee, Supervises, Inventory Control, Organizational Skills, Forklift Operator, Loading/Unloading, Machine Operator, Shipping/Receiving, management was excellent, co-workers were very informative, the most hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job was the jobs face pace, and keeping up and excelling that pace.
productive, hard work fun enviroment
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2014
I have a lot of fun working with the people I do. its hard work but rewarding at the same time
Good job and good people
Weigh Master (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible if days off are needed
Cons: late shift
A typical work day starts at 4:00pm. There is a shift change so it takes awhile for everyone to get situated. Everyone has to log on there stations. The people are great. Get along very well
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: don't have any
I was administrative assistant for the production department.
Learned Excell spreadsheet and payroll processing.
I enjoyed working directly under the Production Manager.
Responsible for all administrative duties for a staff of 50+ employees.
Hardest part of my job was employee attendance discipline actions.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working with all production departments and the employees within.
Increasing production and final yields
Farm Manager (Current Employee), CAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: all my meals and other things are done inside the farm
Cons: the breaks and engoyable times are needed
Every day I wonder about my farm to be sure that everything is well
The grown vegetable or fruits need more supervision
Managing the whole system in the farm
Co-workers are technical group and farmers wiht some workers in different fields
The time of seedlings and harvesting beside the cleaning
Whe finishing the HARVEST
Maintenance Mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: tools provided
Great learning experience in a industrial type environment.
SOLID COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Department Manager (Former Employee), bakersfield, cJuly 6, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: favors in management
STARTED 2 DAYS AFTER GRADUTATING FROM COLLEGE, LEANED A LOT THERE FROM MANAGERS AND CO-WORKERS. NO CULTURE JUST BUSY BUSY AND BUSY
Fellow mechanics helping out
Forklift Mechanic (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: working every other weekend
Cons: short lunches, old dirty forklifts, took along time to get parts sometimes.
Working on electric forklifts and learning more everyday on how to fix them.W
Overall fun place to work, large amount of hours though
Production Stacker/ Head of Jumbo Dpt (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 12, 2014
Work was constant day in and day out, packing and stacking carrots all day. As long as the work was done quickly and efficiently management won't bother you. On the other hand off days were fairly rare and hours range from 9-11 hours of work daily.
Good productive place to work
MRO Supply Clerk (Current Employee), CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: gym discount
Cons: not enough pay raises
Friendly coworkers and great atmosphere. Ok place to work.
Productive workplace with a mellow atmosphere
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Buttonwillow, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: vacation pay, benefits
Dealing with truck drivers on a daily basis. Entering data in computer. Taking phone calls. Learned new software. Working with co-workers very enjoyable.
Hit the ground running
Walmart Replenishment & Sales Manager (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: gym memeberships, bonuses
Cons: i never get a break from work. the company is reactive not pro-active.
Read emails respond where needed, put out fires all day long, review production schedule, process customers orders, VMI for Wal-Mart, run necessary reports to review activity and demand. Communicate any opportunities to customers. Attend required management meetings. Make sure sales team is performing all necessary responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is it never stops I work 24/7. There is no break from work to be able to enjoy my life. The most enjoyable part of my work is I love what I do and I am very good at it.
Established company but paid low wages for jobs performed
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 11, 2014
The co-workers I worked with had been employed with the company for 10+ years and managed their time in a very unproductive manner. Managment seemed to overlook the situation. I felt that employees were not paid a very competitive wage for the job responsibility. Management didn't take responsibility for any problems within the department.
Machine Shop
Machinest (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 18, 2014
From no-experience to some-experience pay is 15.00 to 18.00 dollars an hour. Make sure you negotiate a good hourly pay. 2% rises yearly. Schedule is crazy if you’re the new machinist you will work longer hours. You will get started on deferent pieces of equipment. Then you will be moved to the dirty room an area where you remove bearings from rollers easy peasey. If you’re not considered a key member of machine shop you will be asked to help in deferent areas. A good benefit in terms of learning everybody tips and tricks when doing deferent jobs, you will also be doing everyone else’s shores, like maintaining and cleaning all equipment in the CNC area , SAW area and Roller shop area, you will also sweep all these areas, clean the outside gutters and organized yard racks, there is no taking turns or schedule of who’s next to clean, this will be your responsibility until you become a key member, You will do this until a more permanent position opens up on a piece, you will also mostly be asked to help-out fabrication good if your wanting to learn the welding part of fabrication.
Greats Employers
Water Precess/ Tractor Operator (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Great Place to work at just not my type of work cause of the pay they give you .

About Bolthouse Farms

Wm. Bolthouse Farms, Inc. is located in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands – Read more

Bolthouse Farms Salaries