Bombardier Employee Reviews in United States

Very much enjoyed work experience
Wayside Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2016
I started at the entry level position and through thorough training & studying I progressed through the ranks. I advanced to the position of Wayside Engineer through determination.
Pros
great work envoriment
Cons
3rd shift required
A good place to work
third party contractor (Current Employee) –  wichita ksApril 20, 2016
Even though the company is going through a period of imbalance right now and has gone through significant downsizing I have found the environment to be communal and family friendly where your coworkers are there to help you.
Flexible work schedule
Material Logistics Agent (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 19, 2016
Purchase hazardous materials, hardware and miscellaneous items to support spares aircraft. Worked flexible schedule and worked well within a team environment.
Could be a great company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2016
Could be a great company to work for but not much room for advancement if you don't suck up to management. Pay is not good for the type if work you do. Days off are based on seniority, so don't expect weekends off for about 5 to 7 years. Vacation is also based on seniority, so major holidays off go to those who have been there the longest.
Pros
Working at the airport and meeting new people.
Cons
Supervison, Pay, Vacation, Days Off
Fast Paced
Material Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 12, 2016
Very good company to work for especially if you like working in a fast pace environment. communication between management needs improving.
Pros
pay
Cons
communication
Great Company To Work For
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
relaxed atmosphere, no rush on getting work done, parts and supplies adequate. hands on job learning of procedures, due to work being done for the first time.
Management unskilled and no knowledge of managing people.
great coworkers on various projects worked as a team on everything.
dealing with management's limited knowledge of how to manage, time, people and customer.
working with CTA and with fellow employees.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
locations of work outside in various weather conditions.
Good benefits, New direction
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 31, 2016
Bombardier is going in a better direction now. Previous leadership dug a deep hole. I average a 9.5 -10 hrs day, some weekends. I work with bright people. My shop supports all flight test programs and the dynamic nature of flight test cause one to be constantly aware of everything that's going on.

Happiest part: Successful flight test.
Pros
No day's the same
Cons
Don't know how long you'll be there each day when you go in.
Good place to work and fun.
Completions Technician and Final Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 25, 2016
Enjoyed my time working on planes as part of a team or individual doing functional tests, rigging, mods, balancing flight controls, swapping landing gear or just prepping for paint or finishing after paint. Good group of people to work with.
Pros
Paid holidays and vacation/sick leave with decent health care
Great product, short on support
Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 25, 2016
Bombardier has an awesome product. I have worked on other OEM lines, I will say, This is the best.
Unfortunately they lack support for the technicians trying to keep this product working. When parts are superseded, the customer has to pay for the engineering approval, this also sets back the timeline to get the aircraft completed.
Montreal Management needs to get out of there chairs and spend some time on the floor at all of the facilities, understanding why flat rates can never be met. They need to understand that in order to tell the customers they are a 24/7 operation, their vendors must commit to the same.
Maintenance planning needs a serious overhaul to be in alignment with current talent. Some teams have 5 techs with 6 years combined experience. To much pressure on leads to work within the schedule.
The foundation of the maintenance is the technicians, listen to what is needed.
The higher you go up, the deeper the foundation you need.
I can't say enough about the product.
Pros
Good place for new techs to start their career.
Cons
Support structure is very weak.
Unstable
Flight Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 16, 2016
Unstable work force and environment to work-in. I did work with some of the pest people and pilots in the industry. the company took away more benefits at each new contract.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime
Production has a great atmosphere
Painter (Customer Service Dept) (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 10, 2016
Great Place to work.I enjoyed contracting there alot. I would recommend working there to others. They have had aloit of layoffs lately but hopefully that wont last forever.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Mixed Messages
Project Management and Bid Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 1, 2016
This company runs the gambit between amazing and confusing. Most days were amazing with a lot of variety and rewarding work. Coworkers were great 90% of the time. Many very knowledgeable and amazing people. Some of the best people that walk the Earth can be found here. The 10% that are questionable, however, can create tons of confusion.

Management is in a state of flux. The landscape changes from one moment to the next. Many changes in leadership on a regular basis and one never really knows from day to day what the flavor will be as to Corporate leadership. It is difficult to see good people struggle with uncertainty day in and day out, which seems to take its toll on the outstanding people who really do care about the jobs they perform. This was the hardest part of the job, constant mixed messages.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working so many amazing people and learning new technology daily.
Pros
Dynamic people and technology
Cons
Questionable Management Ethics
Bombardier
Dallas MRO - Program Change Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2016
Great company to work for... just like all aerospace companies there's 'up's' and 'down's' in the industry.

My day-to-day job changes on 'need-to-have' basis. Therefore, each day is NEVER the same.
Pros
Work Hours
Local Management is horrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport WVFebruary 21, 2016
Corporate is leading the company in the right direction for the future, but they need do to a complete sweep of middle management. Local management does not value training and development, continuous improvement initiatives, or walking the talk. Local HR is clueless. The HR Manager is useless. The only thing HR is good for is selling T-shirts at the company store. Management does whatever they want with no regard to the laws or consequence.

Fun and friendly work environment if you are from the local area. If you are not from the local area you are not welcomed the same way. As long as your skills are top notch you'll be fine but if you need training and development than you are totally on your own - thrown to the wolves.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
training and development
Wonderful People in this orgaization
Interim Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2016
BT afforded me the opportunity to assist on the SunRail project. I had a blast! The leadership in the organization is top notch!
Pros
Opportunity abound!
Cons
Huge organization- You get lost in the crowd
Relaxed culture
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Good company and relaxed environment. I learned new technology and programming skills. Was able to obtain technology certification.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
always learning and taking classes
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2016
very fast paced atmosphere always stayed occupied and learned something new. always looking and working hard to get most jobs and always looking for more work
Pros
always busy
Cons
12 hour work day
Great company
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2015
I really like working in an FAA Repair station. Great experience. The management is extraordinary. It was fun. I liked it. Tt was great. This is my review and it is now over.
Productive and fun place to work
Transit Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 25, 2015
Dispatching and working on trains love working with the lead techs they truly seem to care about the workers the company is lad back easy going and a fun place to work coworkers get along well
Entry level job
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2015
Best experience I've had after graduating in the field of electronic thus far....
I enjoyed the company of coworkers because we could learn from each other
Pros
OPERATED A TRAIN FOR THE FIRST IN MY LIFE
Cons
MANAGEMENT NEED ADJUSTMENTS