Bombardier Employee Reviews

productive
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 6, 2017
Managed in a daily basis administrative assistant work flow as well data entry and warehouse distribution airplane parts certificates. filling and customer service.
benefits
Cons
No advancement
Mostly good people who are passionate about aviation
Warranty Administrator/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 4, 2017
Mostly good people who are passionate about aviation. Upper management not in tune with the workforce, out of touch with what is really happening on the service side of the business.
Good crew, good mechanics and techs
Flight Test Mechanic on C-Series Program (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 22, 2017
Depending on the supervisor you get you can have a fantastic experience or a terrible experience. Upper management is horrible, communication between different departments sucks.
Smaller company family oriented
Spares Configuration Management Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 21, 2017
Worked with folks whom became good friends over the years! When company was doing good a great place to work. Canadian ran and they know everything there is to know about everything, very few people were promoted unless from the maple leaf!
Pros
Paid Vacations
Cons
Layoffs
Productive and fast paced, while fun environment.
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67209November 14, 2017
Family oriented coworkers and supervision. Fun place to work.
Productive and fast paced environment. Always learn something
new each day. Management is very easy going and will listen to
you.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
job security
Eat, drank, slept, lived Bombardier (former employee)
Avionics\Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 12, 2017
Loved the company my job and everything they stood for. Still do and would recommend the company to anyone looking for a challenge something new to learn everyday and the satisfaction of seeing the work you completed changing the face of the industry.
Cons
When it is time for an example to be made past performance means nothing, Unfair\Unequal disciplinary system
Too many cheifs and not enough Indians. Micromanagy...
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2017
Good days off... Shift work... Too much management that doesn't know the work, and poor work practices. Always late paying bills so that materials are lacking stock. Management isn't held accountable for anything, but expects the world out of their employees. Management and supervision is for each other in trying to eliminate anyone with a voice or opinion towards that fact. Union representation I feel tends to side with the company on most things, and you could swear they were in the companies pocket... Most of the workers are great people. It's the people trying to run the show that instead of being on the same team as the workers... Are against us in many ways derogatory to the best interests of the company. They've pushed almost all out the door that weren't part of their clique. I'm sure I'll be next.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Best experience
International Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  ParisNovember 10, 2017
I didn't want to quite them ! They decided to relocate their international Paris office in......Belgium !....I couldn't follow. This company is one of the best concerning human mentality.
Good people
Floor Installer (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 9, 2017
Co workers, management were all great. Culture was relaxed but jammed when it came time to work. Built great product that everyone took pride in while enjoying themselves
Poorly managed
AirTrain Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2017
I would not recommend a friend to work here. Clean shop, good hours, decent pay, good co-workers...good work. However the management is horrible. Very poor communication, nothing positive, everything negative. Bad news comes on Friday afternoons after management has left. Management has control issues, must keep employees under their thumb. Very low moral. Very high turnover, 20 new employees this year out of 45 and no training!
Competive business having large swings in level of bsuiness
Business Development and Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 7, 2017
A very completive low margin business wrought with "peaks and valleys" for business levels. High risk in project execution.

Interesting work with supplier base, industry consultant and operating transit authorites..
I didn't like having to work the night shift
Sheet Metal Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2017
Very complicated to complete jobs due to inspections and management. Overall lack of knowledgeable help to complete tasks required. Hours worked all night too hard to perform.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
hours and resources
hq aero is a scam
Sheet Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 30, 2017
Had no problem with Bombardier. But the work being contracted through hq aero is where the problem is. The state program they have set up is a scam . There was an advertisement at the Job Service that promised work after complete the class . I graduated the class worked for about 4 weeks and was let go by hq areo after they got their grant money .
Pros
Cons
HQ AERO is a scam.
Bombardier is an excellent aircraft engineering company to work for.
Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 27, 2017
Lear Jet, a division of Bombardier in Wichita, KS. is a real good place to work. The work environment is professional and friendly. The Management staff is very professional also.
Pros
Good cafeteria and lunch available
Cons
Short breaks are given. The shop has the aircraft that the engineers are working on.
Great learning Environment
Operation Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 27, 2017
I liked working here, because everyone was like family. Working here has taught me a lot in the rail transportation field that I don't think I could have otherwise gotten.
Turning railroad operations into a sham with their services division.
PTC Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 26, 2017
Mismanaged from every aspect. Pinching pennies at all costs. Not paying bills, straining managers and blue collar employees. Ultimately willing to sacrifice safety for a dollar.
Great design project.
(Contract) System Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 25, 2017
Incredible design tasks and movement within the company. Allowed to accept additional responsibilities within all design teams I was assigned to generate work. Management expected and received a great effort from its employees.
Pros
Challenging design effort.
Cons
Tight schedules.
Great group of people to work with
Training Coordinator / Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Bombardier. Although, like most jobs, there were periods of fast pace, deadlines, stressful pressure to meet goals and expectation, I enjoyed the challenges of my job and I enjoyed working with my team.
Bombardier
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 23, 2017
OEM that has many different locations so that movement within the company is always a possible.

Airbus merger will allow this company to continue growth into 2018
A great company to work for
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 20, 2017
I enjoy working for BRP. It's a productive and fun company to work for. They promote team building and helping one another. They take an active role in bringing awareness to corporate social responsibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.