Bombardier

Bombardier Employee Reviews

High Level of employee churn
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTApril 26, 2015
Cons: Few employee engagement programs and activities, high employee churn
The service center environment led to a challenging and fast paced work environment as internal business units worked to service customer aircraft as efficiently and as quickly as possible with reduced costs and a high rate of customer satisfaction.

Management was supportive and communicative and worked closely with employees to support customer satisfaction.

There were some challenges with the communication and implementation of corporate initiatives as the parent company is located internationally.

Low employee salaries and limited advancement opportunities created less than satisfied employees; which drove an increased employee churn.
awesome job!
Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2015
this was my first real job and I will never forget the company but more important I wont forget my co-workers. those men and women taught me how to be a true professional and a real mechanic.
Aircraft Mechanic
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 9, 2015
must provide your own tools, good benefits, some opportunity for advancement, management seems a little out of touch with the workers.
Great and Positive
Locomotive Engineer (Current Employee), Sanford, FLApril 3, 2015
Motivating workplace. Great management team. Inspire possitivity. Teamwork encoraged. Railroad culture. Positive leaning experience on a daily basis. Worldwide company and leader in transportation.
Productive and hard working.
Assembler/Production (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work over time, two ten minute breaks throughout the work shift, working in a good environment
Cons: Always back ordered parts, management can do better, no pay raise in two years
A typical day at work would be to build the under carriage of the passenger rail car while being safe. Using pneumatic tools to produce a truck frame. Install parts in order and correctly along with being on time and with good quality. I have learned how to work as a team player, utilize blueprints and operation layout sheets, and maintain a world-class environment. The management could do a little better at there job. In the passed 3 years i have been there they have replaced all the management with new ones over people that have been there for years and years and don't have a clue what they are doing. My co-workers are very good at what they do and also have a positive attitudes. The hardest part of the job is catching up rail cars because of back ordered parts because it becomes a big mess. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and being able to have fun but also get work done.
very nice place to work
engineer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2015
Good company to work for, cooperative people. Management is in turmoil presently. I would avoid the company until it stabilizes.
Great Products - Questionable Leadership Decisions
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 19, 2015
Pros: 401k match, work life balance
Cons: company culture of "do what i say"
Bombardier has excellent products and are committed to safety in their products. Lower level management is great to work for and will listen to all opinions an options. Senior management is less likely to listen to all options and are usually driven by schedule and budget and have their decision made before any options are given. The benefits are some of the best in the industry. I would work there again, but I would know what I was getting into.
Pleasant place to work
Shipping Clerk/ Leader (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Bombardier..They moved company to Chicago. They ask me to move with them, I declined, family here, and not crazy about Chicago.
WORK WORK WORK
Material Handler (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY.MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY.MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY.MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY.MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY
Best Job ever
Administrative Support for Track Department (Former Employee), Sanford, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
this company was the best, they truly cared about employees, along with great work environment and great co workers, the work hours were your 8-5 mon-friday work hours which was great.
Professional management and ethical work environment
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Kanona, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: my mnager streched my abilities with seemingly large goals
The day would start about 6;30 AM with the viewing of emails received from the management tasks to be completed. I would lay out the daily goals, tasks, and follow-ups with vendors, production and customer. Bombardier is focused on the development of the technician in the effective completion of a quality product.
The most challenging part of the job was to balance the contract requirements with the customer wishes. I have had to at times when those conflicts arose to defer either the specifications or management. When all tasks, goals and follow-ups completed for the project the biggest reward was accompanying the customer in shipping the product.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2015
I really enjoyed who I worked with and what I did. I learned a lot in a short time, 6 1/2 years. They had a good work life balance. Worked with my schedule very well. I was able to work and still have family time.
Worker (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 31, 2015
Most enjoyable part of job is having good people to work with. Hardest part of job is dealing with layoffs and the associated uncertainty.
good company gave me my start with railroad
Engineer (Former Employee), Camden, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: gave me my start
Cons: hard to advance
started with company in 1998 great company new to states so was hard for them to get started provided great training.
World Leader in Transportation
Designer / Drafter (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Bombardier Transportation segment designs, manufactures, and supports rail vehicles, such as automated people movers, monorails, light rail vehicles, rapid transits, metros, commuter/regional trains, intercity/high-speed trains, locomotives; and propulsion and controls, and bogies, as well as rail transportation systems solutions, and rail control solutions for mass transit and mainline systems.
Good Company
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee), New YourJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: layoffs seem to happen more then less
Very Good Company. Good benefits . Great advancement . Great People that work there. Very good HR department. Would recommend as a place to work.
Productive work place with ping pong table
Sr. Methods Engineer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 27, 2015
Overall a very good company to work for........................................................
Professional Management and exciting work
EWIS Certification (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasJanuary 22, 2015
Flight Test Instrumentation Design was a rewarding and challenging employment opportunity. The EWIS Certification group utilized my thirty plus years of electrical aircraft experience.
Glad to be gone.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: no loyalty
I wouldn't go back there. No loyalty to or from company. The pay is good.
Easy job, benefits are decent.
Maintenance Technician - Train Systems (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Easy company to work for but limited upward advancement at current location. Management seems to need more experience and communication is very poor. Fellow employees seem to lack experience where experience is needed.
Headquarters