BOMBARDIER

BOMBARDIER Employer Reviews

Good place to work for short term.
Material Logistics Agent (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 23, 2014
Liked the pay but only lasts as long as the work comes in. Management was very involved but they had a lot of bad influences from top level executives.
enjoyed that job
Airworthiness Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Reviewed work load for the day. Presented priorities at the daily meeting. Co-workers were excellent.
Productive and professional enviornment
Test Technician (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: best work enviornment
Cons: none that i can think of
A great place to work. The people there are all there for the same reason, to produce the best quality product in the world. The management are really diligent and constantly pushing their employees to strive to be the best and to do the best work they can. I enjoy testing and troubleshooting the functionality of the trains that are built there
If your new to aviation its a great place to learn.
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTJune 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks
Lots to learn. They do not like giving raise's. Management, it all depends on your lead.If your new to aviation its a great place to learn. Did not enjoy it there. Good job security they never lay people off.
Great benefits
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2014
The benefits are great, pretty laid back, the pay is decent.
Blue collar people are very good.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Bath, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: good pay. close to home.
Cons: very uneducated management at the shop i was working. very un-professional management.
Treated with respect, was able to do my job my way within company regulations.
Structures Mechanic
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: graveyard shift
A typical day at work was started at 7pm and lasted 12 hours into 7am. I greatly enjoyed the work performed as a structures mechanic on the CRJ 400,700, and 900 aircraft models. Work was difficult to perform due to parts requisitions and company free stock. Most Mechanics would hoard fasteners and would draw from their own personal private stock of – more... materials. The environment was clean and well cared for but doing work was difficult due to supplies.
I rose for the challenge and worked 12 hour days for 6 days a week
I learned a lot from working side by side with Bombardier Structure representatives.
I took what I learned from the best and applied it to my current duties on various aircraft models – less
Bombardier
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bath New YorkMay 19, 2014
Pros: many free lunchcelebratons and safty awards
Cons: health car program was a little epensive.
My work day at Bombardier started at six am every day. the spirit of cooperation between management and workers was always very friendly and cooperative. Everyone worked with a true team sprit.
Challenging and envigorating work atmosphere.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAMay 2, 2014
Pros: envigorating atmosphere.
Cons: travelled 52 miles a day to work and back home.
Bombardier is a very satisfying place to work, in an upbeat productive and challenging, no nonsense environment.
Good place to work at.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), NJMay 1, 2014
Always something new, very fast pace work environement but flexible.
productive
Grief Analyst/MRA (Former Employee), DesPlaines, ILApril 25, 2014
typical day at work was doing MRIs on air plane parts. I learned how to handle plane parts and operate the SAP system. Management was the best.co-workers were fun to work with. Nothing hard about the job. I enjoyed working there, I was a contract worker. I soon had a job offer from them but had to decline for school reasons. Wish I hadn't declined.
Great place to wrok
Environmental Safety & Health Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no cons at this time
Overall, great experience with Bombardier. A typical day started in the office, most of my day was spent interacting with employees, reviewing confined space permits, gas free documentation and skills, talking/ educating employees about the company safety and heath programs.
Fast paced flight department.
flight mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 22, 2014
Trouble shooting engines avionics flight controls hydraulics and fuel systems.
OK Place to work
Locomotive Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2014
Ok place to work, Clean and cool work environment. Nothing to say good or bad.
Project Integration Specialist / Design Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 11, 2014
I loved working at Learjet but due to the economic issues within the aerospace industry, I was laid off in January 2014 after 18 years of employment.
Great Place to work
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 8, 2014
Pros: travel, employees, salary, family atmosphere
Cons: lay offs
Learjet was a great place to work with great managers and co-workers. I was also given the opportunity to travel to great cities in the USA, Canada and Mexico to present our maintenance plans to a multitude of customers as well as the Federal Authority in the US (FAA) as well as the international authorities (EASA). My time with the company was a great – more... learning experience and definitely broadened my horizon in the world of aircraft as well as increased my confidence as a presenter and host to the customer base. – less
Good
Employee (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 8, 2014
Good company to work for overall enjoyed working for the company
Great atmosphere
AirTrain Agent 1 (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: free transportation and great benefits.
Cons: air train agent test
How to meet and greet customers. Troubleshooting trains. I learned how to multitask in a busy fast pace environment.
Warranty Product Support Technician
Sr. Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Niles, ILMarch 28, 2014
A typical day at work includes working with Railroad customer 80% of the day, and also training Railroad personnel on Maintaining the RAilcars.
My best career experience so far.
Field Engineer and Technical Instructor (Former Employee), MTA NYC transit, LIRR, MNR & NJT.March 7, 2014
It was a wonderful experience to be involved with the various stages of production on rapid transit and commuter rail car equipment in Plattsburg, N.Y.
The delivery, commission testing and warranty support of the NYC Transit Subway rail cars was another great educational experience working with a multitude of different systems such as Propulsion, Braking, – more... Doors, Controls, Power Supplies, communications, Signs and the Networks that operated and monitored them.

Management and my co-workers was a pleasure to work for an with.

The hardest part of the experience was the work schedule which varied through different shifts especially during commissioning and as the Field Engineer at LIRR warranty maintenance support having to perform testing at night.

The most enjoyable part of my experience was as Field Engineer. to be able to resolve issues, as the warranty Supervisor, to be able to keep vehicles in service and as Technical Instructor, to be able to give the customer employees the information needed to operate and maintain equipment. – less

About BOMBARDIER

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more