Bombardier

Bombardier Employee Reviews

WORK WORK WORK
Material Handler (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY.MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY.MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY.MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY.MANAGEMENT IS UNSATISFACTORY
Best Job ever
Administrative Support for Track Department (Former Employee), Sanford, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
this company was the best, they truly cared about employees, along with great work environment and great co workers, the work hours were your 8-5 mon-friday work hours which was great.
Professional management and ethical work environment
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Kanona, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: my mnager streched my abilities with seemingly large goals
The day would start about 6;30 AM with the viewing of emails received from the management tasks to be completed. I would lay out the daily goals, tasks, and follow-ups with vendors, production and customer. Bombardier is focused on the development of the technician in the effective completion of a quality product.
The most challenging part of the job was to balance the contract requirements with the customer wishes. I have had to at times when those conflicts arose to defer either the specifications or management. When all tasks, goals and follow-ups completed for the project the biggest reward was accompanying the customer in shipping the product.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2015
I really enjoyed who I worked with and what I did. I learned a lot in a short time, 6 1/2 years. They had a good work life balance. Worked with my schedule very well. I was able to work and still have family time.
Worker (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 31, 2015
Most enjoyable part of job is having good people to work with. Hardest part of job is dealing with layoffs and the associated uncertainty.
good company gave me my start with railroad
Engineer (Former Employee), Camden, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: gave me my start
Cons: hard to advance
started with company in 1998 great company new to states so was hard for them to get started provided great training.
World Leader in Transportation
Designer / Drafter (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Bombardier Transportation segment designs, manufactures, and supports rail vehicles, such as automated people movers, monorails, light rail vehicles, rapid transits, metros, commuter/regional trains, intercity/high-speed trains, locomotives; and propulsion and controls, and bogies, as well as rail transportation systems solutions, and rail control solutions for mass transit and mainline systems.
Good Company
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee), New YourJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: layoffs seem to happen more then less
Very Good Company. Good benefits . Great advancement . Great People that work there. Very good HR department. Would recommend as a place to work.
Productive work place with ping pong table
Sr. Methods Engineer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 27, 2015
Overall a very good company to work for........................................................
Professional Management and exciting work
EWIS Certification (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasJanuary 22, 2015
Flight Test Instrumentation Design was a rewarding and challenging employment opportunity. The EWIS Certification group utilized my thirty plus years of electrical aircraft experience.
Glad to be gone.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: no loyalty
I wouldn't go back there. No loyalty to or from company. The pay is good.
Easy job, benefits are decent.
Maintenance Technician - Train Systems (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Easy company to work for but limited upward advancement at current location. Management seems to need more experience and communication is very poor. Fellow employees seem to lack experience where experience is needed.
Great place to work and advamce.
Material Analyst (Former Employee), Aero Park Blvd. Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Great place to work, I advanced well within the company. The hours worked great for me.
Averge Pay / Lack of Leadership
PROJECT INTEGRATION TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great employees club, good benefits plan
Cons: lack of leadership accountability, lack of employee development
This was my first foray into engineering management which was a good learning experience. Engineering is a tough balance between good enough and not acceptable. A typical day at Learjet means starting your day around 7:30 and leaving around 5:00 with no time for lunch. Just grab it when you have a free 10 minutes. The general base for the company (Manager 1 level and below) know their responsibilities and execute them and a reasonably high level across the board. Senior management is not strong at communicating and executing a vision of success at Learjet based on the failure to execute on the Learjet 85 promises that were declared publicly over the last several years.
I became dissatisfied With This compnay
Locomotive Engineer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 20, 2015
I became un happy working for this new company shortly after they took over the passenger service From Csx and They are un organized being new in the industry.
Good program to work on.
Senior Specialist Lead Structures Engineer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 19, 2015
This company was good to work for only if the program I was on would have not been cancelled.
Senior Manfacturing Engineer/Methods Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KsJanuary 19, 2015
Daily informational meetings with management tea,.
Overall great pride in the product
Loved this career!
Electro-mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: productive, health benefits, full time, good atmosphere, diverse, room for advancement
Steady productivity, hard working and friendly environment. I started off as a temp. worker learning how to assemble and install components into rail equipment. I learned how to read drawings and wire lists. My co-workers and the management team were extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. After being laid off for six months, the company wanted to bring me back as a full time employee. I loved every aspect of this job but the hardest part would be waiting for work when contracts slowed down.
Working for Learjet
Materials and Processes Engineer for L85 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits, compensation, enjoyed working with my colleagues in m&p
Cons: some deadlines imposed are borderline unrealistic.
With just 2-1/5 years working for the company, I found Learjet to be the best from amongst my previous jobs in terms of compensation, benefits and the potential for learning. Amazing customer experience both internal and external is heavily promoted and it's one aspect that I often hear a lot from my interactions with other departments. As an observer, I could tell that the leadership within this company is trying their best to make the most out the resources available. Although I find some decisions to be a bit questionable, overall I rate this company as a good place to work for.
a typical day at work, what learned, management, co-workers, hardest part of job, enjoyable part of job. Do not wish to have shown publicly.
Passenger Railcar Truck Assembly (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: a typical day at work, what learned, management, co-workers, hardest part of job, enjoyable part of job. do not wish to have shown publicly.
Cons: a typical day at work, what learned, management, co-workers, hardest part of job, enjoyable part of job. do not wish to have shown publicly.

Do not wish to have shown publicly.

About Bombardier

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more

Bombardier Salaries