BOMBARDIER

BOMBARDIER Employer Reviews

great
a&p mechanic (Former Employee), anywhereJanuary 24, 2014
I enjoyed it. I answered alot of important questions. I have been working on aircraft since I was eighteen years old.
Flight Controls and Structural Design
Designer and Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: newly remodeled work area, modern computer equipment
Cons: aggressive work schedule was stressful
- Young management was enthusiastic about New Lear Model
- worked on Flight Control Gustlock design.
- Baggage Bay liner and Flame Certification issues
- designed Structural improvements for Aft Fuselage area
- Managed a team of 4 engineers to quickly design and aid changes to baggage area on the L85 Airplane.
Great company to work for.
Training Administrator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 15, 2014
I had great mentors and learned a lot more than I could even image. I had a great boss who allowed to to take additional training classes and was always there for support and guidance.
Generous benefits
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: 24/7
Good benefits, being 24/7 can have shift to fit home & life needs
Not a bad place to work, multi culture is a plus
Technical Illustrator (Former Employee), Wichita, KsJanuary 9, 2014
Great bunch of people that strive every day to bring the best quality product to customers.

The best managers I have had.

Coworkers do best job possible

Commute was doable.

Loved the travel
Productive workplace Management was firm fair and fun
Supplier Quality Engineer Coach (Former Employee), QueretaroJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: attractive pay scale good mexico location to due business
Cons: out of country work challenging environment
Enjoy working at the Mexican Bombardier Facility. Was rewarding to train another culture and see them succeed.
Very litle support
Avionics Engineer (Former Employee), Ft. LauderdaleJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good people/culture
Cons: poor support
6 weeks on the job until they gave me a place to sit. 8th week, I got a computer but no access to files/software I needed to do my job. 9th week I was let go, along with 3 others, for lack of work. This was at FLL. Bombardier in Wichita was great!!!
Worked with some of the nicest and worst co-workers and management
Planner/MRP Controller, Supply Management (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: international scope
Cons: excessive silo mentality
Generally a great place to work, and the company had great benefits.
always changing production oriented fun at times with some challenges
interior installer (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: work indoors, work was fun and challenging good co workers and managment
Cons: sometimes when slow it was hard to look busy, pay was not that much
I enjoyed working here. great people to work with.The supervisors came up through the ranks.Most work is done inside.
Exciting internship
Manufacturing and Innovation Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Montreal, QCDecember 30, 2013
I was given a lot of responsability over a wide range of projects, which was a really good industrial experience for an intern
Productive work place great experience
field technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great technical experience
I gained a lot of experience at Bombardier. I some skills I learned: hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical theory. I enjoy my time working there.
Great people, wonderful product.
Programs and Project Management (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasDecember 9, 2013
Pros: when times were good and we were selling aircraft everyone was happy, there were company get togethers, full harmony.
Cons: when things were bad and not selling aircraft there were budget cuts, layoffs, animosity, chaos, backstabbing.
Typical day starts with start up meeting discussing previous days activities and what needs to be accomplished this work day.
Learned many skills over the years, Microsoft, SAP, FAA Certification Process, Project Management, aircraft manufacturing, process skills, Supervision, Problem Solving, facilitation skills, teamwork.
Depending on what area you're – more... working, Management in some areas was very good and you enjoyed coming to work and putting in 110%. Others you dreaded.The last area I worked you could not trust the management and 75% of the co-workers in that area.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with people who you could not depend on or trust.
Most enjoyable was at the end of the day you accomplished something and you saw the finished product rolling out and flying. Customer happy, you're happy. And the opportunities, pay and benefits. – less
Great Co-Workers and Learning Enviroment
Finance (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 8, 2013
Co-workers are whats makes this company so appealing. Management is less desirable and work/life balance is non-existant.
Boring and childish work enviroment
Operations Technician/ Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 8, 2013
My work environment is very childish. immature adults, that don't like work. when these workers do decide to work its half done.
Fun people to work with.
Assembler (Current Employee), Plattsburgh,NYDecember 7, 2013
Pros: discounts, benefites
Cons: short breaks, job security, layoff's, parts.
Typical night at work would be working on train cars. wiring, paneling, etc.
Learned all the neat things on how train cars are built and where parts come from.
Management is helpful.
Co-workers are fun to work with, we all work as a team to get job done.
The hardest part of the job in not knowing where your going to be tomorrow. With so many layoff's – more... one never knows where he stands.
I actually enjoy what I do, just wish i knew if it was a permanent position. – less
Fun people to work with.
Assembler (Current Employee), Plattsburgh,NYDecember 7, 2013
Pros: discounts, benefites
Cons: short breaks, job security, layoff's, parts.
Typical night at work would be working on train cars. wiring, paneling, etc.
Management is helpful.
Co-workers are fun to work with, we all work as a team to get job done.
Day to Day work .
LEAD TRANSIT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: great lunch's from the company
Cons: some time late lunch's on 3rd shift.
Coming into work and see ur Trains running and knowing that u a part of the team that keeps people moving was great. Work the Computer control System that ran the Tran was the most interesting thing. My Co works where great people to work with and learn from.
Bombardier
Quality Assurance Clerk (Former Employee), Hollis, NYNovember 30, 2013
Great place to work. Fun friendly atmosphere but not enough opportunity for advancement.
Great environment with co workers
Utility Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HINovember 22, 2013
Pros: great hours and investments
Cons: the company couldn't stay open
I worked as a utility guy floating around the warehouse on assembly lines, shipping and receiving, tear-downs, setting boat motors, and anywhere else needed. I learned a lot about boat motors and different positions within the organization. I had some great co-workers who knew the concept of how to be a great team player and what it took to accomplish – more... our daily goals. The hardest part about the job was setting the bar higher and higher when it came to production. I enjoyed having the opportunity to learn about boat motors and the different types. – less
A place where you will learn new technology and enhance your skills.
Customer Service Supervisor/Driver Trainer (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: learning everyday
Cons: healthcare and pension not that great. advancement opportunities does not come around very often.
No complaints. I have been with my company for 11 1/2 years. It is time to move on to new endeavors. I have learned everything i can in my current position. I embrace new a challenges.

About BOMBARDIER

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more