Bombardier Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work managment is out of touch
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 1, 2017
Job and people are great Managment is severely out of touch.Production leadership is nill and void due to high turn over of managers and directors consistently training new leadership.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Production is always in a state of chaos
Great company to work for
Composite and fiberglass tech (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 16, 2016
Its is a great company to work for great scheduling great management. Over all a great place to work crews were great to be around
As the company ggrew from a few people to several hundred, opportunities arose, ut nominally so. Little growth from within.
VP; Recovery Dept. (Loan Loss Mitigation) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 15, 2016
As a small company it was a great place to work. As it grew, however, politics entered into all too much of the daily routine. Advancement was slow with a great deal of hiring from the putside, contributing to the increased potlical atmosphere of the company as a whole. The people werer great workers but mangement treated them badly, as a rule.
Pros
open communication.
Cons
As the company grew to several hundred people nationwide, the environmenta became more and more political, Certain VPs were quite tyranical in their management styles and dictatorial treatment of employees.
Get use to lay offs
Invoice Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2016
It starts from the top, underbidding packages sets the entire process off in the wrong direction. Combine that with production riding services orders and poor management, and voila, you have a typical Bombardier upside down package. A typical day at work is usually fixing things that one of your co-workers messed up. I have learned that its not if but when this company will finally close the doors for good. Management sucks. The coworkers are a revolving door . The hardest part of the job is guesstimating when they will lay you off. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bonuses, great raises and holiday parties(Thanksgiving is my favorite). Oh Im sorry I forgot they don't have any of those.
Benefits
Cons
Lay offs, Poor processes, The company as a whole is not doing very well
It is a great place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 10, 2016
I started work at 7:00 AM I Reviewed the work book to see what jobs were not done the night before and consulted with my shift supervisor on what he wanted me to do next. I learned a lot in the aircraft industry and it has helped me to advance in all fields of my carrier. My co-workers were all very skilled people with a lot of knowledge. The hardest part of the job was crawling around in small tight places The most enjoyable part was to be able to see the customer leave happy!!.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
long work hours
A very good people mover company gone bad.
Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 30, 2016
Too much emphasis on paperwork, including forms for everything imaginable.
Company was an industry leader until 2010, then top management faltered and our office has suffered ever since.
Co-workers are the main reason I did not leave sooner; a great group of engineers.
The most enjoyable part of work was the friendships I built with co-workers.
Learned a lot
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 21, 2016
Only bad thing is it's a union shop. Job security isn't by qualifications, but by seniority so they lose out on high motivated experienced people.
Cons
union
Great Opportunity
Systems / Outside Production Buyer I (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 14, 2016
Bombardier Procurment is a very professional organization that interacts well with other teams to get projects completed and efficiently manage materials / requirements in support of Learjet production.
excellant health care. 401K
Exterior Painter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2016
World class paint department that puts out some of the best finish work in the industry. Strong leadership in all departments and great work ethics from the facility.
Pros
great leadership in the paint shop
Cons
sales keeping the gates open
Interesting work with great potential
Senior Mechanical Designer/Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
Although the potential for interesting/exciting and challenging work is certainly a possibility, the complete lack of structure, organization and/or leadership overshadows that realization.
Pros
Excellent design tools (latest Catia V5 software, with three 3D printers) to allow our concepts to become a reality
Cons
Complete lack of leadership, guidance void of a detailed drawing release schedule, manpower forecast and project plan
Was a fun place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 6, 2016
I loved working here. It was a great position and i enjoyed going to work everyday. I did not like going into work nit knowing if i was going fo be laid off or not however. The company did layoff a lot of employees. I needed a steady income where i didnt have to worry about unemployment for 3 months.
Pros
Learned a lot about parts and train cars
Cons
Unsteady income
very family orientated place to work for.
Methods Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 1, 2016
was great for 22 years, would put in more years there if things picked up. I was ready for a change. typical aerospace company to work for, lots of improvements can be made.
Very customer orientated
Maintenance Controller (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 19, 2016
A typical day was come in and log into phone system and deal with pilot issues. We also had to help determine if the A/C was safe for flight. If determined that unsafe we would then have to build a work package and start getting people, parts and tooling required to fix the A/C where it was sitting or determine if we could move it safely. I learned more than I can ever say about every aspect of my job. The management was always supportive and great to work for.
Pros
free lunch and great work place to build work skills
Cons
No longer owned by Bombardier and new management not as willing to keep employees
Electro-Mechanical Technician / Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 18, 2016
Very family oriented. Great benefits, awesome peers. There is a lot of training involved, which is a good thing! The company has an awesome profit sharing program, which is paid twice a year.
Great Company and Great People to work with.
Aircraft Interior Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 17, 2016
Management is great, employees are great, and just an overall great company. Highly recommend to work here. Paperwork paperwork paperwork. That comes with every job though.
Great co-worker relationship
Structural technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 5, 2016
Most Supervisors do not have very good people skills and do not communicate well with technicians. Over all the sheet metal work is awsome. Alot of corrosion on these jets wich means alot of structural member replacement. Some frames where hard to replace due to there location but with a little patience it can be accomplished.
Paperwork can be overwhelming at times but that's to be expected to comply with FAA regulations.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Have to order all hardware down to a single washer
Bonne entreprise
AOG Specialist, Parts Services (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 3, 2016
Enterprise Global, il y a des grands opportunites de developpement
Day on the river with Water Craft
Assistant Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Bombardier allows growth within the company. Learning about the Water Craft produced by this company is great, get to spend a day on the river test riding the craft.
Management could do better
Account Executive/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2016
The facility I was at, the management was full of hot air. A lot of talk, but no real action was ever taken. Lots of finger pointing, and overall a very low moral in the facility. Which is really to bad because I enjoyed the customers, and my team that I worked with. It had the potential to be a great place to work.
Great Place to work.
Consultant - Mfg Engr/Planner - L85 Final Line (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 23, 2016
Bombardier was a great place to work except for the weather and inconsistent management. The project and work were interesting and challenging but management ego's and style were difficult to contend with. The employees were friendly, fun and dedicated to their jobs and quality. The employees pulled together as a team.
Pros
great work enviromment, good people
Cons
weather & management style

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval