Bombardier Employee Reviews in United States

fun productive place to work
CMM PROGRAMMER/QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  wichita ksAugust 10, 2015
Had a good time programming cmm's, I was always learning new stuff which that's what I like, I had the best boss ever, got along good with my coworkers, the hardest part is using my brainpower, the most enjoyable part was the people and to feel like im accomplishing something bigger than me.
Pros
working
Cons
short breaks
very friendly people
SAP System Analyst and Master Data (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 5, 2015
very friendly people
I loved the nature of the job , even 7 am to 7 pm was nothing for me !

How ever the buildings is not perfect but happy environment
Good place to work at with a supportive management system
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Ilford UKAugust 5, 2015
I was situated on site (at a depot) and therefore worked site hours.
I would attend various meetings, dealing with compensation costs, work orders and communicate with the client.
the management style was encouraging and would support you, my co workers understood the importance of team work, the hardest part of the job was to plan for the unexpected however it was enjoyable for the challenge
nice place to work
HVAC and Lead Transportation Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
Its a good place to work good people to work with , its a lot of work at first but when you get the hang of it noting just don't get conformable with the work because you may just mess something .
Pros
Working first shift
Cons
when it rain it rain
A great place to learn and develop
Licensed A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  windsor locks,ctJuly 28, 2015
I have gained my mechanical experience here. I've learned a lot through a good group of technicians. Very professional workplace, and its a very secure job.
Great place to work and opportunities for career growth
SDC Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
Amazing array of products to satisfy all segments of Transit / Passenger Rail. Excellent Systems group and technology
Pros
Ability to make a difference
Cons
Not a good place to work
A & P Mechanic / Delegate Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 20, 2015
Management is no good, HR department won't listen to your problems about the management and they go right back to management to tell on you. Training Dept. is worthless, you go to a class that supposed to take 4 - 6 hours to complete and the Lead Instructor has it done in 30-40 minutes and you still have not learned nothing. Bombardier is not a very good place to work for in my opinion.
Great company
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZJuly 18, 2015
Long hours but good compensation and benefits. A lot of room to advance and move up in the company. Great facility with good conditions to work in.
Pros
Good pay
Great Learning experience
Specialized Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 17, 2015
Great place to work if you have seniority . If you afford to get laid off every 20 years its the place for you. The people are great to work with
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
layoffs
I enjoy the majority of people I work with.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  U.S.July 16, 2015
I enjoy the majority of people I work with. Has gotten very political in the last few years. People put in positions without regard to their experience in the industry.
Wonderful Company
Corporate Flight Attendant Core Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2015
The Company Culture is very progressive, wonderful brilliant people.
The Canadians really do a fantastic job. The Product the build are exceptional.
Productive place to work if you don't need a life outside of work.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJuly 9, 2015
Is a nice place to work but very difficult for personal life as this job requires a lot of overtime and on-call responsibilities. Over 60% of the workforce is temporary as business is sporadic as far as demand. And they do keep temps as temps for years at a time. There is plenty of room to learn and advance if you work hard but it is very competitive. All in all I think its a good place to work but the hours (long and overtime) are difficult if you have a family or personal responsibilities.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Usually stuck as a temp for years.
Good place to contract or stay.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2015
A good place to work. On the floor, its a high stress environment but everyone is on the same boat, or airplane. Great place to go direct and make some real money. The night shift on the commercial side is rough on families unless you don't want to be home. Single, hard- working A&P's come on down to T-town. Tucson sucks but airplanes love it. And, a little brown nosing will get you a long way. Best benefits compared to other repair stations/aviation facilities.
Pros
Directs have stable work and great benefits.
Cons
No gen-fam and night shift on the commercial side.
Fast Pace Work Environment
Materials Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxJune 15, 2015
Daily schedule is constant go-go-go. Requires the ability to consistently multi-task. Many hats are worn by one individual. There are many talented individuals who are the best at what they do. Communication greatly improved during my duration of working there.
Pros
Every day is different. No routine.
Cons
Resources are scarce.
I enjoyed working for Bombardier
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2015
Bombardier was a great company to work for. I really enjoyed my position as the administrative assistant to the Director and assisting the other managers.

The manages were all nice and not difficult. On a day to day based I handled not only the schedule and needs of the Director but I also handled the daily operations of the Office.

The most enjoyable art of my day would be securing that everyone's needs were taken care of so that the business needs were met.
Pros
We were a small site
Very fast paced work enviroment
Assembly Line worker (Former Employee) –  Benton, ILJune 2, 2015
Overall, I was satisfied with my job. It was a full time job. I learned many skills from my experience at Bonbardier. I worker for the company for over six years.
Very interesting
Senior Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  montrealJune 2, 2015
Overall great work experience. All the different teams worked in unison, which in tern produced an amazing product. The processes are a little old, however the teams are working hard to correct them.
It has been a very good learning curve working in this organisation.I was leading the team of 11 design engineers.
Basic Design Team Leader (Current Employee) –  DelhiMay 27, 2015

I have learned CBTC principles and fixed block signalling and applied the knowledge in DMRC projects.

The hardest part of job is to manage customer changes in urgency.
Great Environment; Questionable Management
SENIOR PROCUREMENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Anytown USAMay 22, 2015
The people make this company a great place to work. Unfortunately, top level management decisions and their egos are hurting the company.
Bad Corporate Culture
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newark Airport AirtrainMay 8, 2015
I never like to burn bridges but I have to be honest. Bombardier Newark site is the worst place I have ever worked. The management team has no experience in running train operations and will not take any input in improving the work environment. The employees are hard working and hungry for good leadership. If you decide to work their take fair warning and think twice. They will underpay you, over work you and not pay for overtime.

Good Luck!
Pros
Good employees, free coffee.
Cons
Inexperienced leadership, no transparency and low wages.