BOMBARDIER

BOMBARDIER Employer Reviews

Boring and childish work enviroment
Operations Technician/ Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 8, 2013
My work environment is very childish. immature adults, that don't like work. when these workers do decide to work its half done.
Fun people to work with.
Assembler (Current Employee), Plattsburgh,NYDecember 7, 2013
Pros: discounts, benefites
Cons: short breaks, job security, layoff's, parts.
Typical night at work would be working on train cars. wiring, paneling, etc.
Learned all the neat things on how train cars are built and where parts come from.
Management is helpful.
Co-workers are fun to work with, we all work as a team to get job done.
The hardest part of the job in not knowing where your going to be tomorrow. With so many layoff's – more... one never knows where he stands.
I actually enjoy what I do, just wish i knew if it was a permanent position. – less
Fun people to work with.
Assembler (Current Employee), Plattsburgh,NYDecember 7, 2013
Pros: discounts, benefites
Cons: short breaks, job security, layoff's, parts.
Typical night at work would be working on train cars. wiring, paneling, etc.
Management is helpful.
Co-workers are fun to work with, we all work as a team to get job done.
Day to Day work .
LEAD TRANSIT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: great lunch's from the company
Cons: some time late lunch's on 3rd shift.
Coming into work and see ur Trains running and knowing that u a part of the team that keeps people moving was great. Work the Computer control System that ran the Tran was the most interesting thing. My Co works where great people to work with and learn from.
Bombardier
Quality Assurance Clerk (Former Employee), Hollis, NYNovember 30, 2013
Great place to work. Fun friendly atmosphere but not enough opportunity for advancement.
Great environment with co workers
Utility Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HINovember 22, 2013
Pros: great hours and investments
Cons: the company couldn't stay open
I worked as a utility guy floating around the warehouse on assembly lines, shipping and receiving, tear-downs, setting boat motors, and anywhere else needed. I learned a lot about boat motors and different positions within the organization. I had some great co-workers who knew the concept of how to be a great team player and what it took to accomplish – more... our daily goals. The hardest part about the job was setting the bar higher and higher when it came to production. I enjoyed having the opportunity to learn about boat motors and the different types. – less
A place where you will learn new technology and enhance your skills.
Customer Service Supervisor/Driver Trainer (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: learning everyday
Cons: healthcare and pension not that great. advancement opportunities does not come around very often.
No complaints. I have been with my company for 11 1/2 years. It is time to move on to new endeavors. I have learned everything i can in my current position. I embrace new a challenges.
ok place to work
Transit Technician (Current Employee), atlanta gaNovember 18, 2013
working here is very adventurous and technical with a different experience every day.
Room for Growth
Aviation Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 16, 2013
Pros: clean, safe work environment.
Cons: lack of support from parent company - in tooling and training.
A developing maintenance facility with opportunities to learn and grow.
great place to work
Composite Mechanic (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: great pay, 23.53hr
Cons: horrible management, lazy employees, no breaks, unless you work in the shops
i love working here but management is getting worst and worst, we have lost 3 supervisors, 3 managers 2 general managers, and countless employees, within 2 years!! You will work 40 hrs a week guaranteed. This company is the lowest paying in railroad in ca, from what ive been told, but its a great way to get into the railroad industry. You will inspect – more... and repair the metrolink equipment everyday rain or shine. The hardest part of working here is having to pick up everyone else' slack. Bombarider is contracted by metrolink, which is a pain to work for, they do not order parts or tools but when feces hits the fan all you can say is you dont have the parts. i really do love working here but lots of things have to change, bombardiers contract is over in 2014, and the way things are going i doubt they will win the contract again – less
Great supportive environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 30, 2013
Really enjoy working here
Management is helpful
Co-workers always created a team environment
Lots of Social Committee events
Work on Aircraft
Open & Close Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2013
I enjoyed working at Bombardier cause I learned how so many things on the plane. People at bombardier are so nice and respectful. They also there to help you if you need it. The Hardest part was the pressure they put on workers but I understand that's how it works and it is right. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits such as all types – more... of insurance they have and you can even get a career at bombardier. – less
The grass is greener somewhere else
Composite Mechanic (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: 5 floating holidays from day 1 and a check
Cons: management, tooling, parts, safety, technical data and support, poor morale, carelessness, and ignorance.
It is hard to believe this company is responsible for the maintenance of the equipment used to SAFELY transport passengers.
Parts never available; make it work or bypass it. Then they want to evaluate your efficiency and tell you how things need to get done quicker while working with nothing.
Tooling is the biggest joke. If you're good with channel – more... locks and a crescent wrench, working here will probably be just fine. Odds are you don't know much and will fit right in with the majority. Some of the techs are super people; many however, just shoot from the hip and never know what or why they are doing what they are. Very dangerous if you're working with high voltage / torque / horsepower equipment. Repeated violations for moving equipment with people in-between or under it.
The position sounds great when you go for the interview; however, something tells me some of the HR / Manager's used to be defense attorney's because it's a whole different story once you're actually in. I've been around and this place is definitely one for the record book of "how do they do it?"
Potential is there to be something great; however, those responsible for making the decisions need to come back out on the floor and learn the work they're responsible for overseeing. There is no union in the world that can help someplace do that; like our government, Bombardier L.A. is in serious need of restructuring.
No paycheck is worth the grief unless it's accompanied by a bottle of 151. – less
great job
AVIONICS INSTALLER (Former Employee), Tucson,AZOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great job
Cons: night work
Worked on private aircraft. Performed service bulletins and installed wiring modifications per FAA Specifications. Tested systems on engine run and flight run.
Depends on your goals
Supply Management/SAP Project Planner Intern (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYOctober 20, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: workload is non-existant.
I would not recommend interning at this company if you are looking to learn and to be kept busy throughout the duration of your internship. You are easily looked over and more commonly than not your direct supervisor is too busy with his own hectic workload to provide you with set projects. The company is expansive, and I would recommend a full time – more... career there, where you have set priorities, but, I do not believe this is a place for interns. – less
Exciting place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2013
Great Career
See the world
Can actually witness a product being manufactured from start to finish.
Challanging and Rewarding
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Operations (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 8, 2013
A mix of old Westinghouse Engineering meets new world design technologies
Electronic Technician of Passenger Rail Vehicles (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Good place to work. Good benifits. Close working relationship with management and employee
N/A
Open/Close Technician (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVSeptember 4, 2013
It was an okay, pretty good paying job that could lead to an A&P license.
Good company to work for
A&P mechanic (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 29, 2013
Learned a lot in a short period of time, quick turn around period of CRJ 200, 700, 900 aircraft

About BOMBARDIER

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more