Bombardier Employee Reviews in United States

Very interesting
Senior Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  montrealJune 2, 2015
Overall great work experience. All the different teams worked in unison, which in tern produced an amazing product. The processes are a little old, however the teams are working hard to correct them.
It has been a very good learning curve working in this organisation.I was leading the team of 11 design engineers.
Basic Design Team Leader (Current Employee) –  DelhiMay 27, 2015

I have learned CBTC principles and fixed block signalling and applied the knowledge in DMRC projects.

The hardest part of job is to manage customer changes in urgency.
Great Environment; Questionable Management
SENIOR PROCUREMENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Anytown USAMay 22, 2015
The people make this company a great place to work. Unfortunately, top level management decisions and their egos are hurting the company.
Bad Corporate Culture
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newark Airport AirtrainMay 8, 2015
I never like to burn bridges but I have to be honest. Bombardier Newark site is the worst place I have ever worked. The management team has no experience in running train operations and will not take any input in improving the work environment. The employees are hard working and hungry for good leadership. If you decide to work their take fair warning and think twice. They will underpay you, over work you and not pay for overtime.

Good Luck!
Pros
Good employees, free coffee.
Cons
Inexperienced leadership, no transparency and low wages.
Plenty of responsibility and challenging mental growth potential in the field of aircraft manufacturing processes.
Avionics Electronic Systems Technician/Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Tucson ArizonaMay 7, 2015
I Performed organizational-level maintenance on avionics communication and navigation systems and modified new aircraft with modern systems. I lead a team of 15 personnel to complete each aircraft with very high standards. I flew with the flight crew during flight tests to ensure proper function and create maintenance actions required, this was very enjoyable. Yet the hours were very long.
Pros
Achievment was very high with a great sense of accomplishement.
Cons
The manufacturing processes were moved back to Canada and operations ceased here in Tucson.
Compensation equals hours worked
Airframe Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 6, 2015
Long 12 hour shifts, good time off 4 on 4 off 3 on 3 off, you will need it to get over hours worked. Breaks are 15 minutes 3 times a day, you will need it. All training is OJT, co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of working there is doing 12 hour shifts, the most enjoyable are the days off.
Pros
15 minute breaks 3 times a day
Cons
12 hour shifts
Leading aircraft manufacturer
Senior Coordinator, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 4, 2015
As an employee of Bombardier for 25 years there was not a day that I did not enjoy going to work.

Everyday was a new opportunity of meeting individuals in the corporate world, governments and high net worth individuals.
I had a very extensive career of full involvement in new aircraft programs, creating conceptual design techniques for engineering to introduce to a platform of aircrafts', Managed and set the standard for the world wide cabin personnel in preforming demonstration flights for Bombardier's potencial clients.

Maintaining the set standards of the aircrafts' branding and aircraft amenities became challenging at times due to the aircrafts' compounding aggressive schedule.

Performing demonstration flights and represented Bombardier productline globally at Tradeshows and Conventions was the core of the years spent in employment.

The most rewarding was the implementation of personal concepts used in the new design of the aircraft interior programs and product improvement upgrades.
Pros
travel and learning a variety of cultural differences
Cons
time zone changes
Good Group of people to work with.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 2, 2015
Overall, working at the Bombardier Flight test center was interesting, with a very good group of professionals.

I saw most of the technical mistakes being made outside of the US. It was if the personnel in Canada needed more training from the US counterparts; indeed they brought many up to Canada to help with the C series.

Perhaps Bombardier would be more successful if headquartered in the US.
Pros
Good group of professionals in Wichita.
Cons
Some leaders in the Lear 85 program made some technical decisions, these may cost the program permanently, have questions about the leadership in Canada.
Growing
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KansasApril 28, 2015
Management moving in the right direction with transformation but well behind the times. Infrastructure (systems) is obsolete but personnel make up for obsolescence. Co-worker (first level management/supervision) were great team players and the backbone of the organization. Higher level managers did not always work well together. Need a clear separation of power between departments as noted by FAA. Lack thereof has lead to conflicts of interest between functional groups. The Organizational hierarchy was the greatest challenge to my job; however, I learned much about managing and management philosophies from my work experience at Bombardier Learjet in Wichita, KS. The people - operators and support personnel - are resilient, committed, hard workers that take pride in their individual "product" as well as the end product. The organization is taking the correct steps towards customer focus - not only with the end customer but throughout functional areas and the entire value stream.
Pros
personnel, safety
Cons
Infrastructure, vision, too many meetings
High Level of employee churn
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 26, 2015
The service center environment led to a challenging and fast paced work environment as internal business units worked to service customer aircraft as efficiently and as quickly as possible with reduced costs and a high rate of customer satisfaction.

Management was supportive and communicative and worked closely with employees to support customer satisfaction.

There were some challenges with the communication and implementation of corporate initiatives as the parent company is located internationally.

Low employee salaries and limited advancement opportunities created less than satisfied employees; which drove an increased employee churn.
Cons
Few employee engagement programs and activities, high employee churn
Good Job
Train Technician and Central Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Experienced technicians that enjoy their job and are good at teching others. opportunity for overtime as well.
not a hard job, but their is a lot to learn about the system.
awesome job!
Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2015
this was my first real job and I will never forget the company but more important I wont forget my co-workers. those men and women taught me how to be a true professional and a real mechanic.
Aircraft Mechanic
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 9, 2015
must provide your own tools, good benefits, some opportunity for advancement, management seems a little out of touch with the workers.
Great and Positive
Locomotive Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 3, 2015
Motivating workplace. Great management team. Inspire possitivity. Teamwork encoraged. Railroad culture. Positive leaning experience on a daily basis. Worldwide company and leader in transportation.
Productive and hard working.
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work would be to build the under carriage of the passenger rail car while being safe. Using pneumatic tools to produce a truck frame. Install parts in order and correctly along with being on time and with good quality. I have learned how to work as a team player, utilize blueprints and operation layout sheets, and maintain a world-class environment. The management could do a little better at there job. In the passed 3 years i have been there they have replaced all the management with new ones over people that have been there for years and years and don't have a clue what they are doing. My co-workers are very good at what they do and also have a positive attitudes. The hardest part of the job is catching up rail cars because of back ordered parts because it becomes a big mess. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and being able to have fun but also get work done.
Pros
Opportunity to work over time, two ten minute breaks throughout the work shift, working in a good environment
Cons
Always back ordered parts, management can do better, no pay raise in two years
very nice place to work
engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2015
Good company to work for, cooperative people. Management is in turmoil presently. I would avoid the company until it stabilizes.
Great Products - Questionable Leadership Decisions
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 19, 2015
Bombardier has excellent products and are committed to safety in their products. Lower level management is great to work for and will listen to all opinions an options. Senior management is less likely to listen to all options and are usually driven by schedule and budget and have their decision made before any options are given. The benefits are some of the best in the industry. I would work there again, but I would know what I was getting into.
Pros
401k match, work life balance
Cons
company culture of "do what i say"
Poor place to work
A & P Technician, Lead/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZMarch 18, 2015
Very politically oriented, work was accomplished on a "visual progress" schedule rather than a maintenance flow. Work regularly assigned by back office without lead involvement.

Management advanced people on the basis of buddies not experience, proficiency, or knowledge.
Pros
steady work for direct employees
Cons
work is accomplished by the few willing to work, no one else
Pleasant place to work
Shipping Clerk/ Leader (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Bombardier..They moved company to Chicago. They ask me to move with them, I declined, family here, and not crazy about Chicago.
Productive & fun workplace.
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 22, 2015
Great place to work.
Was able to work independently.
Learned the art of technical writing able to work on several different kinds of publications including missionized.
Great coworkers.