Bombardier Employee Reviews

Management could do better
Account Executive/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2016
The facility I was at, the management was full of hot air. A lot of talk, but no real action was ever taken. Lots of finger pointing, and overall a very low moral in the facility. Which is really to bad because I enjoyed the customers, and my team that I worked with. It had the potential to be a great place to work.
Great Place to work.
Consultant - Mfg Engr/Planner - L85 Final Line (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 23, 2016
Bombardier was a great place to work except for the weather and inconsistent management. The project and work were interesting and challenging but management ego's and style were difficult to contend with. The employees were friendly, fun and dedicated to their jobs and quality. The employees pulled together as a team.
Pros
great work enviromment, good people
Cons
weather & management style
Do not work here
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 21, 2016
Read the news about the company: not many positive things to look forward with the company. Just doom and gloom

Work somewhere else if you can........you will not regret it.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything: no training, no raises
Great place to be working
Q.C. inspector (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 21, 2016
I've been working with Bombardier Aerospace almost 10 years, and is a great place with nice people plus the mechanics are very functional and their skills level surprisingly good....
Pros
Donuts and pizzas for us most the time
Cons
N/a
Benefits are really good.
Invoice Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Good company to work for. Training is available for models maintained. Many shifts available to work. Possibility of advancement in different areas.
Good place
Methods Planner/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 16, 2016
Great company to work for at that time. I was able to make good money and work over time. The people were and great and managment worked together.
Pros
Good company
Great culture
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Savli, GujaratSeptember 2, 2016
I interned in this company for a month. I was very impressed with the way they set up their entire workshop and how well they take care of their employees.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work in a remote area
excellent people to work with
Materials and Processes Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 2, 2016
My job is checking form, fit and function. I found those jobs I checked were designed by competent people. When I found an over-site, they were most often agreeable to comply.
Pros
very fine fellow workers
LEAD/SAFETY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2016
Its a great place to work. Compensation is unmatched in the public sector. One of the last places to still offer an employee pension program as well as other retirement plans.
Excellent Place to work
Customer Relations Specialist Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 24, 2016
One of the best career experiences to date. If you are looking for a great learning experience with great pay, Bombardier sores past your expectations
Pros
Great staff, great pay, great time
Cons

Want to know more about Bombardier?

Ask a question
Long career
Business Analyst / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 18, 2016
Held many positions there during my 17 years. If it wasn't for a workforce reduction I would still be there. I enjoyed the people I worked with during this time. I was able to do many different things while employed there and continued my education.
productive and fun work place
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2016
This place is very secluded. I felt safe when going to work, the people were all very kind. My normal work day consisted of being on a computer doing data entry and organizing documents alphabetically and making labels. The hardest part of the job was probably that i worked in an office alone for most of my day, i was an assistant so there were no other employees who i worked with.
Cons
short breaks, worked alone
Productive workplace
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 10, 2016
working at Bombardier I worked in hot and cold weather. I learned about the train systems. Management was full guided by the Human Resources Department. Co-workers were friendly, helpful and we worked as a team. The hardest days was working in freezing temperature. I had many enjoyable part of the job was meeting the project deadline.
Pros
good benefits and well paid.
Cons
contract ending.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 10, 2016
Very rewarding place to work. Enjoy working with a variety of people and the management encouraged me to take on new opportunities.
Intense but fun
Customer Service Manager, Vehicle Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
Intense but fun with different challenges every day. The hardest part was training, not everyone can be tough the same. Sometime the biggest challenges was trying to figure out how to get someone to under stand a concept. The good thing about working there, was the ability to work with other department during a train failure. That when it all come together.
very good company to work for.
Product Controller (Former Employee) –  Despatch Dep`t within Supply ChainJuly 29, 2016
In the despatch dept it takes quite a long time to learn all the tasks and different systems and variety of work The G.E. course was probably the most difficult with a difficult test at the end. When you get into it it was a very satisfaying job with good co-workers
Pros
Good Holidays and Benefits iiI
Cons
12 hour shifts can be long
The financial side of the company degrades the quality of work and quality of work environment.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 16, 2016
Employees are fearful of losing their jobs everyday based on poor management qualities and skill level. The local division of Lear Jet is only kept afloat by political decisions and not sound business acumen.
was a good paying job
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  PlattsburghJuly 9, 2016
*long hard work
*report writing
*okay locally
*great to work with
*the worry of lay-off
*the vast diversity of co-works
Pros
good compensation
Cons
always worried about lay-off's
Intense workload but great benefits
Procurement Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAJuly 5, 2016
I learned a lot at this company and will be able to use it the rest of my life. I started in Bids and ended working with all the managers for the Pittsburgh APM team. The management was great at a local level, however higher up the management team was more of a internship where they didn't stay long and they normally were outside of their expertise. I enjoyed the diversity of people I worked with daily basis and the ability to experience and learn about other cultures. I worked with a great team of people who supported me in my role. My daily roles were working with my team from Brazil and Canada to help improve overall productivity of the SYS divisions team and to fix or answer any problems needed pertaining purchasing, strategic sourcing, bids, NPR purchasing, cashflow, critical payments, contracts, inter department issues, keeping the pipeline up to date by contacting individuals to get their news, etc.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, and culture
Cons
They keep adding to your job description, even if your unaware.
Very productive workplace
Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work is 12 hrs long on night shift. So it makes for long over night hours. Makes it difficult to get anything done on personal time. I have learned to communicate effectively and work as a team to get the job done. My direct management is great, couldnt ask for better leaders. The co-workers are great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is the long over night hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the great co-workers and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.