Bombardier

Great supportive environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 30, 2013
Really enjoy working here
Management is helpful
Co-workers always created a team environment
Lots of Social Committee events
Work on Aircraft
Open & Close Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2013
I enjoyed working at Bombardier cause I learned how so many things on the plane. People at bombardier are so nice and respectful. They also there to help you if you need it. The Hardest part was the pressure they put on workers but I understand that's how it works and it is right. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits such as all types – more... of insurance they have and you can even get a career at bombardier. – less
The grass is greener somewhere else
Composite Mechanic (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: 5 floating holidays from day 1 and a check
Cons: management, tooling, parts, safety, technical data and support, poor morale, carelessness, and ignorance.
It is hard to believe this company is responsible for the maintenance of the equipment used to SAFELY transport passengers.
Parts never available; make it work or bypass it. Then they want to evaluate your efficiency and tell you how things need to get done quicker while working with nothing.
Tooling is the biggest joke. If you're good with channel – more... locks and a crescent wrench, working here will probably be just fine. Odds are you don't know much and will fit right in with the majority. Some of the techs are super people; many however, just shoot from the hip and never know what or why they are doing what they are. Very dangerous if you're working with high voltage / torque / horsepower equipment. Repeated violations for moving equipment with people in-between or under it.
The position sounds great when you go for the interview; however, something tells me some of the HR / Manager's used to be defense attorney's because it's a whole different story once you're actually in. I've been around and this place is definitely one for the record book of "how do they do it?"
Potential is there to be something great; however, those responsible for making the decisions need to come back out on the floor and learn the work they're responsible for overseeing. There is no union in the world that can help someplace do that; like our government, Bombardier L.A. is in serious need of restructuring.
No paycheck is worth the grief unless it's accompanied by a bottle of 151. – less
great job
AVIONICS INSTALLER (Former Employee), Tucson,AZOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great job
Cons: night work
Worked on private aircraft. Performed service bulletins and installed wiring modifications per FAA Specifications. Tested systems on engine run and flight run.
Depends on your goals
Supply Management/SAP Project Planner Intern (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYOctober 20, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: workload is non-existant.
I would not recommend interning at this company if you are looking to learn and to be kept busy throughout the duration of your internship. You are easily looked over and more commonly than not your direct supervisor is too busy with his own hectic workload to provide you with set projects. The company is expansive, and I would recommend a full time – more... career there, where you have set priorities, but, I do not believe this is a place for interns. – less
Exciting place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2013
Great Career
See the world
Can actually witness a product being manufactured from start to finish.
Challanging and Rewarding
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Operations (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 8, 2013
A mix of old Westinghouse Engineering meets new world design technologies
Electronic Technician of Passenger Rail Vehicles (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Good place to work. Good benifits. Close working relationship with management and employee
N/A
Open/Close Technician (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVSeptember 4, 2013
It was an okay, pretty good paying job that could lead to an A&P license.
Good company to work for
A&P mechanic (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 29, 2013
Learned a lot in a short period of time, quick turn around period of CRJ 200, 700, 900 aircraft
Fun job
Lead System Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2013
Fun job working on trains with decent pay and benefits. Had minor issues with a manager that ended up resigning but other then that the management was great! Had a bad reputation with the locals about the money that was used to fund Monorail.
Great job
MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 26, 2013
Great company great pay great everything it was a goo experience
Very Productive
Modification Technician (Former Employee), Kearny, New JerseyAugust 22, 2013
Enjoy working with Co-workers.
I learned a lot about other trades.
contracted to run the las vegas monorail system
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 20, 2013
Pros: a pay check
Cons: everything else
1- a typical day at work - Stressful
2- what you learned - Not to trust people
3- management- Barely adequate, and cliquey
4- your co-workers- Not motivated back stabbing and unprofessional.
5- the hardest part of the job. Watching the monorail loose customers and money due to the attitudes and poor management.
6- the most enjoyable part of the job – more... - Getting to go home, and finally leaving for good. – less
good place
Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYAugust 1, 2013
good place to work. scared or being laid off everyday other than that is good
i enjoyed my time there
Machinest (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJuly 22, 2013
Pros: supervisers were very suportive
Cons: hard to advance
Bombardier was a good place to work my superviser would give me a job and let me work it out as he knew i had lots of shop experiece

working with proto types we couldnt make mistakes as we had no back up parts
If you ever have a problem.....
Transit Technician C (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TXJuly 6, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: corporate and the local hr person
Just like everywhere else you go it's the people that make it worth staying.
Don't expect Corporate in Canada to care.
I went out on a personal illness and disability and never received any information from HR person locally or from corporate. period. I mean absolutely nothing. If they didn't pay you on time they simply don't care. Not even enough to – more... give you an explanation.
Make sure you get Long Term Disability just in case.
Aetna saved my life. Without it I would truly be hurting.
The policy Bombardier uses could be better, it's only 60% unlike other companies that make it 80% of your pay.
Blue Cross Blue Shield is not very good but then again that was a Bombardier decision.
Think of yourself as a small gear in a very large machine and follow the rules that everyone uses and you'll be fine.
Just make sure you take all the insurance out that you can get.
Thanks to the location manager (EP) at DFW Airport, he's exceptional.
HR is another subject.
If I had a choice of going back to work there.....I would.
Thanks go to the great guys I worked with....... – less
Ideal corporate setting for Cat Herding professional in management
Director of Cat Herding Operations (Current Employee), KSJuly 1, 2013
Pros: wonderful sense of professional accomplishment daily, beautiful cat's to pet
Cons: not a pleasant outcome for non-performing cats.
I can't say enough about Bombardier's Management Development for Cat Herding Operations program. After a career dedicated to the study and profession of Feline and Cat Herding Sciences I was thrilled to complete the program while exceeding Bombardier's top-management expectations. I was immediately assigned to the Director of Cat Herding Operations – more... and my team has earned an impressive 98% herd rate... a win/win for an industry-leading aerospace company. – less
Productive and safe day on the test track.
Test Track Technician/ Electronic Technician (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAJune 27, 2013
Working together with other technicians pre- testing trains inside the facility.
Enjoyed completing actual testing on outdoor test track.
My manager was a fair person as a boss.
The hardest part of my job was to make sure the trains were tested and loaded for delivery on time.
Good working environment with good people on site.
Materials Administrator (Former Employee), Kearny, NJMay 28, 2013
Fast paced environment from 6:30 AM till ???. Enjoyed my job very much which is something a lot of people can not say. Good managers, co-workers.

About Bombardier

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more