Bon-Ton Employee Reviews

Exceptional place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJanuary 20, 2017
I have learned while working there about more customer service and helping to the best to your ability when possible. A typical work day would be organizing and putting away back stock, delivering customer service, and being able to give it your all.
No Advancement
Merch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2017
This company has great potential to be a great competitor with other large retailers, but is just not taking the proper steps to advance. Job descriptions don't match job duties and the structure makes it impossible to move up within the company. Low-ball pay for most jobs because of how poor the company is doing as a whole.
I enjoyed working for the Bon-To.
Sales Associate-Service Center (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Greeted customers face to face with a smile to assist with locating and selecting merchandise in a friendly and courteous manner.
Organized and displayed merchandise according to price similarity and color.
Ensured that merchandise was displayed to appeal to customers and spur sales.
Maintained and controlled credit and cash sales with monetary accuracy.
The hardest part of the jobs was keeping up with the quotas.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was keeping up with the quotas with games and incentives.
Pros
incentives
Cons
The store closed
productive
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 17, 2017
always kept me busy, taught me more communication skills. co-workers were nice, and always helpful. the hardest part of the job was to always keep clothing organized.
It was a learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Low key atmosphere... Very professional....They had high energy when greeting customers and were very easy to work with the co-workers it was great except for the hours
Pros
INCENTIVES WERE GREAT
Cons
NOT ENOUGH HOURS
Dissatisfactory
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 16, 2017
This company is plagued by poor upper management decisions, low pay, and less-than-ideal lower level employees. There are problems with attendance and poor productivity.
ok
Elizabeth Arden Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NY 14845January 7, 2017
ok job if you still live with parents but not for someone who has bills to pay. Very busy during the holidays fun work place.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
low pay
Very relaxed environment to work in. Very repetitive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHJanuary 5, 2017
Folded clothes everyday, scanned them to totes using an RF scanner and put them on a conveyor. The co-workers were very polite but everyone usually kept to themselves. Very advanced warehouse on a technological level. Management was very polite and understanding. But we're very uninformed about everything
Very friendly atmosphere, just not enough hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 18, 2016
BonTon was a nice place to work at. The management was wonderful and the associates were all pleasant. I never had a bad day at BonTon. The only negative criticism I have is the fact that I was never scheduled enough hours per week which is the reason I left in the first place.
Not a fun place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PADecember 16, 2016
Not a good place to work. No effort to help with employees, Pay rate not enough for the hard work employees need to do. Management is organized. Warehouse is cold in the winter and very hot in summer.
Pros
Discount for employees
Cons
Management needs approval
Bonton is a joke.
Packer (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHDecember 13, 2016
Bonton is by far the most unorganized unprofessional place I have ever worked. The management is the worst. And there beyond rude.
The team leads screams and yell in your face(feels like a boot camp rather then a job)
Company Closed
Straighten the floor and assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13202December 7, 2016
Company closed. i work seasonal hours. Cashed out customers as well as set up Credit cards for customers. As well as assisted with purchases and orders. Took payments for products as well as Credit cards.
great place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PADecember 6, 2016
managers are very nice and so are the staff. the job is repetitive for the most part but I had a lot of fun working there. The customers are very nice.
Pros
associate discount, great employees
Cons
low pay
Not Pleasant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 5, 2016
I worked as a sales associate and the job started off good, nice managers and co-workers. However, as people left and got replaced, the whole environment of the store turned negative. Some managers were very unprofessional at times, employees are unprofessional and behaved petty. The whole store is an unorganized mess. There is insufficient training. The main manager would hire just whoever not actually caring if that individual was adequate for the job. You are not treated fairly and do not get paid enough for the amount of work.
Pros
Great employee discount.
Cons
Low pay, no raises, some paid more than others for no apparent reason, unprofessional, made to work after your shift has ended etc...
Terrible place to work
PT Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 1, 2016
I have heard other locations aren't as bad as the one I am working at. However, the one I am at is absolutely a miserable place to work. Don't count on getting your schedule in time or them taking the days you need off into account. Also, don't count on staying in the department you were hired to work in. I work in cosmetics and they still try to get me to go help out in the other departments. I see people getting tossed around their first week on the floor.. handbags, jewelry, dresses, home goods. It doesn't matter. They don't train you on the floor, you get register training and your done. Managers stalk you, make up rules as they go and treat you like peasants. This is a horrible place to work. (Also they pay less than any other department store)

I forgot to add you can physically harass someone here and they won't even fire you.
Pros
Cons
Schedules, ridicule, everything
Bon-Ton Inc. Review
eCommerce Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 29, 2016
After two years of experience at Bon-Ton, I will say my experience was a great learning experience, but growth was difficult to accomplish. I liked my boss very much, and my co-workers, but after two years of excelling at my job, I wasn't given an option to grow in the company. Overall, I will say my experience was good. My reasons for leaving the company had nothing to do with my experience there.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Unable to grow
Bon-Ton
Division Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 10, 2016
While at Bon-Ton, I felt very rushed everyday. I felt as though I could not ask questions and had very little training. Unfortunately it was very frustrating for me to work there.
Typical Retail Environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 8, 2016
No surprises. Employee discount is nice and can usually be combined with sale prices and coupons for some nice deals on clothing and housewares.
Nice people. Very fast pace.
Shoe Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, ILNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work. You must be ready to interact with customers. Also it is a plus to have prior retail experience. This is a very fast pace working environment with multiple changing factors as far as what is expected each week. Being able to adapt to change is a must!
Good company to work for
Material Processor (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHNovember 7, 2016
Good company to work for but there is very little room to advance. Good management and flexible hours. You will get cross trained in different areas so you will learn a lot.
Pros
Flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon-Ton. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9