Bon Appetit Management Employee Reviews in United States

Rocky
Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2016
I really love cooking but there is a lot of racial discriminatation, lack of oppertunity. managers only promote their own and hook up friends and family with jobs
Pros
Great Benefits, Free lunches, weekends off. 401 k and retirement
Cons
Short lunch breaks, and discrination. Managers constantly promote their own
Pretty secure job, free food, pretty good hours, good life balance
N/A (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2016
Co-Workers are okay, Management is okay, pretty easy going and nice job. Would love to work here forever if they would give me more pay for all the help I do for others whenever I am asked. Need to feel more appreciated!
Pros
free lunch, parking
Cons
short breaks and don't get paid for what you are worth
Productive and fun workplace.
Pastry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 14, 2016
A typical day for me is prepping for the following day(s). There is always something to do and it is a productive workplace. I've learned to work in a very fast-paced environment and to complete tasks by their deadlines. The hardest part of my job is waking up at 4am. I love my coworkers and get along with them very well. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with my coworkers and being able to make the desserts for the Googlers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Efficient Workplace Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 27, 2016
Management expected results and efficiency. Diligence in learning and adapting to daily tasks was essential and food handling and preparation was required. Co-workers maintained professional attitudes and worked hard to do their job well. Flexible hours were available to fit an employee's schedule and the management was friendly.
Pros
Free drinks, good hours
Cons
Long periods of standing
More of a seasonal job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado CollegeMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of food preparation, stocking, cashier audits, preparing the exposition station, bank deposits and interaction with the students at Colorado College. I did learn supervisor duties during my time at this position.
Pros
Free food for emplyees
Cons
too much time off while college was closed
great company to work for, enjoy my job.
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2013
Typical day at work: fast paced from start to close, not much downtime, often have to improvise with menu because products may not be in house, mentoring cooks and line servers about cooking techniques and describing what products are and their ingredients.

Co-workers: 90 % are fun to work with, hard working and dedicated.
The other 10 % are the hardest part, people who are there for just the pay check.

Enjoyable part: Leaving the kitchen knowing that no matter what happened that day everything ended on a positive note.
Pros
advancement from within, benefits, general work environment
Cons
holiday and summer layoffs
Fun and productive workplace, family friendly
Cashier, Barista (Former Employee) –  Newberg, ORFebruary 21, 2013
i loved my co workers, boss, and customers was always treated with respect. Its just a great place to work. i love that they are family friendly, alot of places are not.
Pros
free lunches, family friendly
Cons
no benifits for part time employees
Awesome Company to Work For
Controller/Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 15, 2013
Enjoyed working for them. Great team environment. Great benefits and pay.
Pros
benefits, pay, and advancement opportunities
Great company
Controller/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 28, 2013
I enjoyed working for them. Big corporation but utilizes small local companies in their areas.
Pros
great culture and benefits
Great company that stands by its principals
Director of Residential Dining (Current Employee) –  NorthEast RegionJuly 1, 2015
typical workday is 8:30am - 6:00pm

needs a proper on boarding and training program for new managers/chefs

Lack of systems and controls
My work experience with this company was positive and meaningful
Line Cook at the Cleveland Museum of Art (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioOctober 31, 2014
This company offers a wealth of experience in the food service industry. A typical work day is a fast paced food prep environment. We learn about customer service. The hardest part of the job is coping Chef-Managers with no management, human resource training.

The most enjoyable part of the job is preparing good locally sourced food and seeing how the customers respond.
Pros
fee food for lunch
Cons
n/a
Too many hats
Baking & Pastry Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St Mary's City, MDJuly 17, 2012
•Responsible for ordering and maintaining beverage inventory for student meals, catering events and retail sales
•Manage the cashiers, food servers and bussers, providing supervision, direction and support as needed
•Develop events, activities and classes for students to promote fun and interesting nutritional food knowledge
•Core developer of a program to educate new staff on the core values and circle of responsibilities policy of the company
•Responsible for menu development, facilities organization and employee training of the baking and pastry department
•Write articles for the company quarterly magazine and local newspapers on behalf of management
•Responsible for the implementation and management of the “Be A Star” program which is a company initiative to encourage employees to become involved in local community events.
•Provide administrative assistance as needed to the Director of Operations
•Research and purchase equipment needed for events
•Create weekly and monthly budget sheets for kitchen management
Unique company to work for/love the core values and sustainability principles in place to live by
Operations Manager/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2013
I learned everything I needed to know about restaurant management with Bon Appetit, including cashier spreadsheets, deposits and reconciling spreadsheets so we could close the books each month. A typical day was managing the restaurant, gourmet coffee shop and all the hourly employees, as well as planning and organizing events after the café was closed for the day. My banquet staff was stellar and all our events were as close to flawless in execution as possible. We handled plated dinners, heavy buffet receptions, passed hot appetizers and the occasional breakfast and buffet lunches. The hardest part was doing "quick turns" having to wait until the museum was closed to the public; then we were able to roll out the buffet tables and bars, position them into place, set them and then dazzle the group with our creativity and wonderful food offerings!
Pros
a beautiful space to go to work everyday
Cons
challenges on bad weather days in cafe, not enough seating, upset guests
Wonderful Company and workplace. I was able to meet several nice co workers as well as customers.l
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 16, 2013
A typical day at work started with me preparing breakfast, which was typically slower and then preparing for our lunchtime rush which could be quite busy. I enjoyed having several great coworkers and the company supplied me with the resources to be successful.
Productive and fun place and meeting Oracle employee's
Catering Coordinator/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CANovember 1, 2013
A typical day at work would be to set-up buffets for Oracle employee's for six (6) buildings. Also, coordinating catering needs for Larry Ellison.
Pros
eating at the different restaurants
Cons
the prodcure for servers to deliver the catering for the oracle employee's
fun workplace around college students.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CADecember 5, 2012
I learned how to cater for events,how to place the utencils correctly on the table by dinner fork to salad fork e.t.c.. I love my co workers best people hard workers and friendly.The most enjoyable part of this job is that i get to work around friendly people all the time.
Leads the industry in creating food service for a sustainable future
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2012
Is dedicated to creating a sustainable food service company. It is enjoyable to be able to tell our guests that all of the food in the cafe is made from scratch. Getting food from local farms at least five days a week it great! Local fresh food is the best way to eat.
Fast paced production kitchen
Vegetarian Lunch Cook (Current Employee) –  Granville, OHJune 3, 2014
Denison is a beautiful campus with 2400 students. Kitchen is very fast paced. A sizable percentage of the food served is locally sourced.
THE overall company is fine with emphasis on sustainability.
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Granville, OhioApril 29, 2014
it is a very demanding company to work for and be a part of in a daily life.