Bon Appetit Employee Reviews

Its on commission based job
SALES EXECUTIVE (FMCG) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2017
Everyday visit market and supply goods and daily visit more than 12 to 15 customers.
sales technique and build up strong relation with the customers and time management.
very encouraging and trying to help each distributor bring new concepts and increasing corporate customers.
its excellent everyday meet different people and its fun.
keep weekly delivery cycle and reach customers on time with all the product.
weekly handsome commission and weekly pay cheque.
Pros
Cons
everyday but weekend no work
Bon Appetit little biggest company in the world
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAOctober 12, 2017
Bon Appetit is really about the culture, they don't just say it. You're treated like a part of the family, more like a small company instead of a billion dollar corporation. Bon Appetit lives by it's ideals and it is truly a great place to be.
Good Company but it has it's con's
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2017
I was thrown into my position with improper training.There was/is some miscommunication with management and overall the company itself. Be prepared to figure things out on your own.
Pros
Good hours and benefits
Cons
Unfair pay
Build cashier experience and exposure to food industry
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 4, 2017
- It would be slow on some days and really busy on other days.
- I learned how to efficiently provide customers with satisfactory service and how to continuously keep moving (working).
- The management was fair.
- Workplace was relaxed.
- "Rush hour" or when big groups of customers would enter the store and there is only one cashier.
- Communicating with fellow co-workers and customers.
Pros
Lunch breaks and nice co-workers
Chill Place
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 2, 2017
You don't have to suck up to customers. The managers are nice especially if you love food. They give you a lot of freedom to cook the food if you express interest.
Pros
free meals
Great
Café Manager/Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 1, 2017
The most enjoyable parts of the job are learning new things about the food industry and hospitality industry and especially having new friends! It is a good place too to improve in customer service skills.
fun and productive place to work
sous chef (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 28, 2017
whenever i enter into my team always my line cook, lead cook everyone has the attitude to learn and say yes to the job , i learnt a very good things from them is say yes to the guest .
no advancements, overworked, underpaid
Lead Pastry Cook at Marketplace Cafe (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 27, 2017
the trade off for having free weekends is not worth working for this company. no room for growth and being taken advantage of is commonplace. its a company run by politics and not hard work and talent.
A very good place to learn about hospitality industry and meet new friends
Food Service Worker / Barista (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 21, 2017
Safety/cafe/Starbucks manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 21, 2017
-Monitor, train and supervise all Starbucks/Cafe employees
- Keeping the unit up to Starbucks visual and customer experience standards
- Consistent and efficient completion of all café and Starbucks paperwork- inventory count and input, orders.
Cash Handling- Daily deposits, counting and maintaining drawers, keeping safe up to correct ledger - Represents company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions
Great Place but no room for advancement
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys City, MDSeptember 16, 2017
I came to work and prepared food and served the students. The culture within the workplace was not where I wanted to be long term. I chose this as a step stone for better things for me.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
No growth
I owned this company
Owner, Executive Caterer and Personal Chef (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 12, 2017
Being a business owner, Personal Chef, and Caterer is a grueling job balancing everything as a "One woman show". Sometimes 7 days a week, did my own marketing and all food prep. I learned that I wanted to get a more secure, salaried job with the experience I learned
Pros
Independence
Cons
Long hours, very hard work
Maintain different areas
Google Micro Kitchen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 7, 2017
It was great to work at this location. I was at Teck-corners in Mountain View CA. I loved working here, the employees were great. My employees became like family to me because we always needed to keep communication with each other
Pros
free coffe to start day and free lunch aswell.
Cons
Would have engoyed an hour lunch
the best part of the job
Lead Caterer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 7, 2017
while I was working at Bon Appetit I was happy it was ther best job I ever have had I enjoyed the hands on and the friendly enviroment the staff provided I would love to be apart of the Bon Appetit management agian.
Pros
free lunch
favoritism
Chef (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
too many favoritism going on and not a fair. boss is very judgmental has no idea how to run a kitchen. no help in stations no help with prep. enjoyed free meals
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unfair treatment
Great For Expierence
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys City, MD 20686September 1, 2017
Working an Bon Appetit gives you great experience with all types of cooking. Prep, deli, grill, bakery, line. You can make lots of great friends there and learn a lot while you do it.
Upbeat workplace with a good mix of chaos
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Angola, INAugust 31, 2017
Management sometimes gets flustered and lack of employees prevents great review. High volume of customers/students at Angola account. Salaried managers slightly overworked.
Pros
Free food on the clock
Cons
Not enough employees
fun work place
Front of The House (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 29, 2017
a fast pace to work at, yet fun. there is really nothing hard about the job duties i preform, but it can get stressful when the amount of people you're trying to feed escalates. other than that its manageable.
Productive and fun work environment with people from all over the world
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2017
I thought the hours was pretty solid for a line cook and utility. Sometimes it gets hectic, but everyone chips in and helps out one another. The food we prepare here is top quality
Pros
Overtime, free food after events
Cons
Short breaks, mostly on your feet
work place
Sous chef/pastry chef (Current Employee) –  Savannah Historic District, GAAugust 23, 2017
working with bon Appetite, its have some great energy moments working as a team is a key on having a successful staff or teammate s by not having communication with other can causes problems in the work environment.
Pros
great energy, great creativatity
Cons
no team effort ect