Bon Appetit Employee Reviews in United States

great company
Catering Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIMay 26, 2016
I enjoy working for this company.I like what they are doing to improve food quilty and changing how we look at how to a substanily food company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care could be cheaper
Great Company
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 22, 2016
They really care about their employees. Great benefits. Great people to work with. Care about the environment. Care about local farmers and artisans.
It is a fun workplace but can get very overwhelmind during busy periods
Runner/Server (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97219May 19, 2016
I would say that this is a rather good place to work, the staff and managers are all really fun to work with and get along and respect each other for the most part. I enjoy working here because you get to interact with students and other people of all backgrounds and it is always fascinating to learn random new facts about the countries and towns these people come from. The hardest part of the job is making sure that everybody is on the same page and communicating properly, sometimes disconnect can happen and it can get frustrating. The best part of the job is the people I work with, they always make me laugh and put me in a good mood when I do get overwhelmed at times.
Pros
Free meals when on-duty, understanding co-workers and managers, flexible to your schedule, energetic and fun workplace
Cons
tiring, takes patience, understaffed at times, overwhelming
will never work for this employer again
CATERING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2016
I only worked here because I needed the money at the time. they tell you that you can get hours if your dedicated enough, but then you find yourself being cheated of hours when the college breaks kick in.
Good place for an intermediary job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 4, 2016
Bon Appetit has great hours, decent benefits, and is a pretty easy gig all around. However, if looking to build a career, management opportunities are scarce.
Pros
Free lunch, hours, benefits
Cons
Great Company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 15, 2016
Computed and recorded totals of transactions. Resolved customer complaints. Up-sell food and beverage items using suggestive selling techniques. Counted money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Routinely handled as many as 600 customers a day. Issued receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers. Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas Assisted fellow workers as situations arise.
Pros
Free Lunch, Experience, Great Company
Cons
Benefits for part time, difficult to move up in the company
all team players,
Caterer/Server (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 7, 2016
Enjoyed the interaction with customers and fellow employees. worked the espresso station.greeted the clients. Learned to operate the convection ovens ,was taught how to plate the desserts.Set up a salad bar and the sandwich bar. Plate the danishes..
Good company to work for, if you desire to manage
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2016
This company is good for a temporary fit with lower-level employees, but in general has too many managers and not enough people doing actual work.
Pros
Good benefits, stable food service position
Cons
Corporate culture is lacking
The overall company is soilid and has good ideals. Specific local accounts have little room for upward movement. would prefer more advancement opportu
P.M Chef-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2016
The overall company is solid and has good ideals. specific accounts and areas have very little room for upward movement. would prefer more advancement opportunities.
Pros
great crew
Cons
longtime management that is not interested in hearing ideas
I really learned the true value of hard work and deication in this position.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHDecember 15, 2015
MDK is a leading default litigation law firm that provides a full complement of services to its financial institution clients in five key judicial jurisdictions: Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Kentucky. Through the guidance of its innovative lawyers, the direction of its professional management team and the capabilities of its proprietary technology platform, MDK combines the legal capacity of a top-rated law firm with the regulatory compliance of a financial institution.

Want to know more about Bon Appetit?

Ask a question
Do not work for Bon Appetit
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 15, 2015
I did the same thing every day, there was not much creativity, things that I learn, was from the mistakes that others made. There were a few cooks that would come to me for advice on how to make sauces and Asian dishes.

There were a few co-workers and chefs I respected but for the most part the others were lazy and just did enough to get by.

General manager and Chef managers looked out for themselves, didn't help other chef or cook when help was needed.

Regional and District Managers hardly came around.

Hardest part about working at Bon Appetit was keep control of my emotions, I had to deal with bad food handling practices, immature adults, supervisors that did not know how to supervise, lazy and slow workers, and not having enough work space, equipment, and staffing.

I asked for a promotion for 4 years, was told when a position opens up. During that time they hired at least 20 new chef managers.

The most enjoyable time I had was when I first started at Bon Appetit, the Chefs then would let me be creative with recipes, when they left it all stopped. The next best thing was the day I left.
Pros
Got to work with three excellant Chefs
Cons
Management worries about themselves, Pay doesn't match work load or skill level
Productive, fun and safe place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 6, 2015
A typical day at work is very productive and fun theres never time to be wasting. I learned to work at a consistent pace, and more organized. Management was excellent if you had any concerns they would help you right away. Hardest part of the job was the lifting. Very friendly working environment.
Pros
Free Food And smiles
A pleasure working
Server (Former Employee) –  Isla Vista, CANovember 4, 2015
VERY UPSCALE PLACE, respectful coworkers, high volume fast paced. Only hard workers and dedicated individuals last.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
little to no breaks
Very organiized
Cook and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 23, 2015
It has its ups and downs but overall its an ok job just a pay the bill type job. The location I was at I received a raise every year
Perfect Job
Lead Cashier and Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2015
Perfect for someone who loves being around people and working with different racial groups. awesome managers and the job provides ongoing training to keep all employees up to date.
starter job
Controller (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 27, 2015
It was fun working while I was a student. When continuing on as a full-time employee the fun ceased and management was very different.
Pros
Great people and good food
Cons
hours
Never a dull moment at Intel
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 7, 2015
Exciting. Clients always keeping me busy with requests and orders. Long days at times but worth the work just to see how happy clients are
Good start and part time job
Server (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2015
This is a great place to meet new people of diverse backgrounds and built friendship while earning a nice pay. It does require a lot of walking and carrying of plates and glasses but you catch on very quickly.
Pros
meeting different individuals
Cons
attitudes clashing
quality of life
kitchen manager (Current Employee) –  valencia, caAugust 26, 2015
This job allows you full-time employment with weekends and holidays off. along with a few weeks off during the summer months and winter break as well..
Pros
meal/ lunch free, medical benifits
Cons
set weekly schedule.
This is by far the best job I have had so far in my career.
supervisor in Irvine Commons (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 7, 2015
Working here showed me how to be a team player and helped me grow as a manager. They were very supportive and always encouraged me.