BON APPETIT

BON APPETIT Employee Reviews

Small staff family work environment
Assistant cook (Former Employee), Southampton, MAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Able to be creative
Cons: Closed to to owner's health
Open for 17 years traditional Italian cooking. Once a worker show initiative to learn and work hard. Then a lot of freedom was allowed to work at own pace to prep all necessary foods for service.
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Angola, INJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits.
Cons: Sometimes not enough hours
Being at the college level, seeing the same faces every day and learning what they liked. The ability to put a face to what they wanted and having it almost ready when they got to the counter was a bonus for both of us.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
LINE COOK, PREP (Current Employee), ST. LOUIS, MOJuly 12, 2015
Pros: SEEMS TO CARE ABUT THEIR WORKERS
Cons: SEASONAL
GOOD PLACE TO WORK. GREAT BENEFITS. EASY GOING WORK ENVIRONMENT. THEY ARE IN GREAT LOCATION. FREE PARKING. OPPORTUNITIES TO ADVANCE.
Oversaw all events and ran them to maximum production.
Banquet server (Current Employee), San Diego del marJuly 8, 2015
Prep all required materials prior to the event such as coffee ,salads ,dressing etc.
Courteous and polite to all guests and staff alike .
overall good work enviroment
baker (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILJuly 7, 2015
Down side is summers off with periodic work. Good coworkers and nice management. High volume production. Uniforms are provided for you.
Robot environment
Café Clerk (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: benefits, pay
You're asked to MAKE customers happy no matter what.
Glass house management, new hires are the minority and they're made to feel that way.
A good company to work for but not a family oriented company.
Operations Director (Current Employee), Hillsdale, MIJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn
Cons: Little Directions.
Overall a very nice place to work, good advancement opportunity and self-starter learning available if you are motivated.
Bon Appetit is a great fun place to work.
Server (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free food all you can eat and you can take left over food at the end of your shift.
Cons: none
Bon Appetit is a great place to work. Everyone was friendly and helpful and actually cared about what they were doing. They produced great food from all over the world. They have a staff of chefs and cooks that are amazing.
Fast and quirky environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Bad Hours
Quick work days and hectic schedules. I learned how to balance my life better. The management was very bad and the co workers were friendly.
Productive and fun workplace with amazing people
Cashier (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free food, satisfaction in the work I did.
Cons: When machines broke down.
When I worked at the Ronler Acres location, I worked the graveyard shift. I was mostly the only Front of House person there, so I did all the restocking, brewing the iced teas and coffee, as well as wiping down counters and working the cash register and espresso machine. At the University of Portland, most of what I did was prepare bagels and sandwiches for the students and faculty.

I learned the importance of teamwork as well as putting the needs of the customers before my own.

Management worked very well to make sure everyone worked together to get the job done. I also got along very well with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job for me was lifting the heavy crates filled with soda and juice bottles. I was able to do it, but it was the most difficult part of the job.

The part I enjoyed the most about working for Bon Appetit was the people, both co-workers and customers. They were always happy to see me and always told me what an awesome job I was doing.
Working team
Field Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free, delicious and healthy lunch
Cons: long hours
The team at Bon Appetit is very well round. Loved to visit different client sites.
A typical day is meting with client and check in on all cafes
n/a
cashier (Former Employee), St. louis, MOApril 16, 2015
This was my very first job. I liked it overall and gained a lot of work experience from this place. A typical day at work was me helping the supervisor open the shop. Doing inventory and stocking before opening. Once we opened I had to prepare myself to move in a timely manner as far as fixing drinks and completely orders. Working here I learned that hard work does pay off. The hardest part of this job was sometimes moving fast because, I am such a perfectionist and I want to make sure my customer order is perfect. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, working in different locations of the campus.
Productive and fun place to work at overall
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2015
Working in there I have learned what certain expectations are and how to take care of every customers needs. I enjoy working with my co-workers. I really like the managers.
great company need better staff
Dining and Catering (Current Employee), Easton, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches, nice networking, impressive
Cons: too many people have say so
I have been catering since 2006 and when the company changed over to Bon Appetit it was a rough transition . However I must say Bon Appetit is more appealing , tastier, and healthier than any other company I worked for. However the people at my particular work place are hard to get along with. I went to other places to work for the same company and I realized its not the company its the people there. .SOMEWHAT. I must say , the budget is tight. Getting overtime is impossible and another thing that bothered me is that I could not move up to a supervisor title. Instead , a lead.
· Strong team player with excellent work ethics
Staff (Current Employee), Chandler, AZApril 3, 2015
fast paced working environment with plenty to do.
I've learned to communicate effectively and how to work fast and hard under pressure .
first expierience
Cashier FOH (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2015
to work in USA for 1st time a nice expirience

its a catering company and runs cafe's in many destination eg. Amazon.

Nice work culture

workdays Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm
very high school, clickish
Baker (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: detatched management, inconsistant enforcement of rules and expectations
The executive chef was very detached, did not know of the inappropriate horsing around taking place in the bakery/wok area of the kitchen or just how much extra food was being eaten while people where in the coolers or dry storage. Rules and expectations were not flat across the board but seems selective as into whom they applied to and when. There has been several on sight accidents requiring medical attention while I was there.
Productive day
Chef helper, training new employees (Current Employee), Angwin, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Management with food products, well communication, training new employees, food always on time and on great quality. learning how to do to things under pressure, following instructions through all.
Fun and a breeze to work for
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: laid back; easy to do even at the worst rushes
Cons: i cannot think of anything negative about this company
A typical day at work was getting my area ready for the rush (lunch and dinner) for our students. Management and my co-workers were extremely easy to get along with and most of the time, it was laid back and easy to do our job.
Productive workplace with free food.
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Caldwell, IDFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work consists of setting up my station, gathering items and dirty dishes to wash, cleaning and organizing, long periods of standing, and continuously busy. The hardest part of the job is making up for the slacking of coworkers and the best part is the free food that is allowed every employee for lunch.

1 2 3 4