Bon Appetit Employee Reviews

Simple tasks, great hours, great pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2017
Time management skills are required, though you have some flexibility with the order of completion. My experience was overall positive and I would recommend anyone looking for a good job to work here.
Pros
Great pay, stable job
Cons
Occasional lack of communication between supervisors and coworkers
It was good
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 23, 2017
I worked for Bon Appetit for a year and it was a good experience. The people working there was nice and was considerate. The managers were really great.
Fun, fast-paced place to work at
Dish Washer/Receiver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 11, 2017
I would recommend the job to anybody looking for something stable. This job gives you advancement in the company. All of my coworkers are hard working, nothing to complain about them. if you get your job done you can basically do whatever you want. Just show the chefs and managers that you are there to work and they will leave you alone and actually become close friends. This place is pretty awesome in my opinion!
fun as long as the manager is not around
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIMarch 28, 2017
The boss was demeaning and added more stress to the job. It would have been easier if he let his workers take control of some situations instead of always coming in and undermining them.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, poor management
it was great
Lead Cook / Catering (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2017
It was great! I learned different types of techniques! Working there you learned how to interact with the students! Catering was the bomb.com. I worked different shifts.
Classic minimum wage busy work
DISHROOM WORKER (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 5, 2017
A typical day of work includes standing over a dishwater trough and cleaning dishes for long time periods. Nothing was learned at the job. Management was mediocre. There really was no workplace culture, as communication between workers was rare. The hardest part of the job was using malfunctioning machinery to accomplish a simple task. The most enjoyable part of the job was that each individual could listen to his/her own music while working.
Pros
Music
Cons
Poor working conditions
Fun place with great co workers.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 2, 2017
I learned basic cooking techniques and good work ethic. Everyone there was hardworking and we were able to work as a team. Management wasn't the greatest but was well for what we were given. Work was usually the same day in and day out with a few differences each day.
Fantastic experience at Wash U
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2017
This was one of the easiest and well paying jobs of my working experience. By it being based on a well known campus throughout the US. You meet and work with people from all walks of life.
Start of a day @ Bon Appetit.
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Walkertown, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Good early morning, to all. @ 4:30 am in the spring or summer . sun is getting ready to peek up from the horizon. birds are singing and no ones on the road yet. I sure do get a lot done at this time. checking schedules for all drivers. making sure all request are fulfilled and ready to be put in place. PO are filed and entered in computer inventoried . Making sure all sales reps are informed of all the instructions are clear and understood.
I'm only working 10-15 hr a month,
The business is for sale, due to major brain surgery the owner had in Oct 2016.
Pros
very busy, day goes quickly
Cons
Working for friends. They will not listen to me.
productive and fun place to work
Barista, Cook, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDFebruary 16, 2017
long days and nights but it was enjoyable to work there. Good health practices and good management make this place ideal to work
Pros
good management
Productive and welcoming work environment free hiking trails.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NM 87505January 28, 2017
Light work load
learned to manage a small retail store as a single person
Everyone helps everyone, and very outgoing
There wasn't anything particularly hard while working there
Pros
Easy going managers, flexible hours, could bring homework to do.
laughs at Lunch break with great co-workers
Hot line cook (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day would be me walking into a prep line with four day time cooks serving lunch for 500 or more students, and three more cooks squeezing into start prep for a second round of great times..
Pros
The people i worked with, A lot of freedom with the menu, insurance
Cons
Not enough work through out the year, that's it.
management was lazyand no advancement working with them
Porter/Dish washer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 2, 2017
the work was easy but lazy co-worker made job stressful and when i told management about my co-worker they told told him nothing and lied to me that they told him. i would not recommend working for them too and i was getting paid the less but doing all the work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management sucks and co-worker are lazy
Productive Workplace in Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 27, 2016
Average amount of costumers a days to tend too. 100-150 people. I've learned to interact with people on a daily basis. The management team was great. The co-workers where fair. The hardest part of the job was maintenance and the upkeep. The best part of the job was interacting with costumers and meeting new people everyday and talking to the same faces often.
nothing to brag about
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2016
well we have a case where the management doesn't know a thing and its been employees their over 20yrs of experience and they wont ask them for help or dare help them
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks no reward system
Good place, bad mangagement
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 15, 2016
The hours were good. The benefits were good too. Only problem was the bosses. They did not treat you well, made poor choices that cost time, money and people. Even the OM that was there got fired due to harassment, which most seen coming. When a co worker hurt me pretty bad, they did nothing to that worker and they left own their own terms.
Organised and established
P.M. Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLDecember 4, 2016
Bon Appetit was a fast paced upscale restaurant in Dunedin with an impressive following. Day to day was challenging and exciting. executive chef Steve taught me a tremendous amount about the old school chef and how to handle large amounts of work with little to no stress.
Great Environment
Cater/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INNovember 24, 2016
Typical work day: busy
What I learned: More catering skills
Management: Management was great and understanding
Co-workers: Very reliable
Hardest part of the job: Pushing the heavy carts back and forth between buildings!
Most enjoyable part of the job: The fast-pace, friendly and comfortable environment!
Pros
Free lunch and/or dinner
Cons
Only part-time work
Classic college job with strict management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 17, 2016
We served food to students and staff while maintaining a clean station. The pay was average for a college job, but management had high expectations from workers. Best part of the job was conversing with students and staff members, the hardest was the inevitability of getting burned by the boiling water that kept the food warm.
Pros
Free food, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, slight health risk, strict management
Great company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2016
They are a great company to work for and you get a great amount of experience from working through this company. The people are very outgoing and easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon Appetit. Our community is ready to answer.