Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work, especially behavioral health
Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2016
Open honest transparent management. Great compensation and benefits. Fun environment. True to the mission. This is a great place to work if you have a big heart and want to share that with the world!
This place should be shut down!
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 18, 2016
I was lied to so much by the HR leaders, the employee wellness leader and EAP leaders. It was a scary, dark place to work. No growth. Its all about who you know. SO many people got jobs here because they are family, friends or whatever to higher ups. My purse was stolen twice here and nobody cared.
Pros
Leaving this company for good
Cons
No growth, lies, hidding behind religion.
Great resources for surrounding community and excellent tuition reimburment program
Ambulatory Outpatient Front Desk Registrar (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2016
Management was mediocre and the culture was one that I would prefer to be a bit more professional, the resources for the community and population it served were very good. The neighborhood was dangerous and a lot of crime and violence and addiction in the population. Was there for multiple shootings on the surrounding streets.
Pros
tuition reimbursment up to $5, 000
Cons
surrounding area
Bon Secours
Outpatient/Community Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VA 23114April 12, 2016
Catholic faith-based, non-profit hospital system that was both an honor and privilege for this company. I stand behind their mission and enjoyed identifying and helping those in need. The last position was a challenge for me personally to balance my family life and the demand of developing a new area of support services for the Medical Group. I was honored to have paved the way for other RDs to work within the realm of medical offices to be readily available to patients in one location.
Pros
mission, great co-workers, faith based, non-profit
Cons
some limited opportunity for management or leadership positions without MBA
Team work type of Environment
HIM CLERK (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2016
I have learned alot about being a team player as well as a leader in my current position. Because of the multiple changes that have occured in the organization, I've had to be very patient and flexible. Which is one of my best qualities.
Pros
Family oriented environment
Cons
Uncertainty of job security
Okay work place. good to get your foot in the door.
Patient Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2016
Bon secours is a good company to work for but a lot of management SUCK! it all about who you know to get where you want to be. The hardest part about the job is no bonuses and if you are sick that classified as an occurence. you have to use your PTO for everything even if it is the company fault.
Pros
benefits and healthcare incentive
Cons
everything i listed above
Great Place to work
Surgical Services Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 30, 2016
This is a great place to work. The organization is technologically forward in it operations. Bon Secours has grown tremendously offering the city of Richmond lots of Healthcare options.
Need improvement
Insurance Verification and Authorization Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23227March 24, 2016
I was looking to move up in the company and i did not see any room to grow with the company.That is just my opinion, but i still continue to do the best I can with my current company.
outstanding employer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 22, 2016
I work a twelve hour shift and am constantly on the move. Patient care is always the priority. I have learned many critical care responsibilities and how to them in a very busy environment. My entire team in exceptional and make it easier to do my job, they are another part of my family.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
few to no breaks
A productive healthcare environment with friendly, hard-working people.
Commercial Follow-up Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 18, 2016
My work day consists of validating information on medical claims for payment, determining if claims process according to policy and contract, following up on claims, and making sure claims are processed within the 45-day limit, and providing good customer service, and making sure patients' health insurance is updated.
Effective workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 8, 2016
Effective workplace to work in. helped with peoples health so a position with a cause. I was able to meet a lot of good people at Bon Secour. It was very fulfilling and helped me to appreciate life in a profound way
To be a better employee and team player
Follow Up Representative Government (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 8, 2016
I love my job, coworkers and management at BSHSI. The hardest part is learning new systems, but once I learn the systems it makes my job better
Pros
Free Lunches
Excellent Place to Learn and Grow
NURSE RECRUITER/ NURSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2016
Leadership from the VP of Nursing to the CEO were very accessible and down to earth. The Nursing staff and EVS staff were awesome to work with. The other departments were also great to work alongside.
Pros
Open Door Policy of Leadership and staff was wonderful to work with.
Cons
Needs more community support.
Patient Access Rep
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2016
Great company to work for with great pay really enjoyed my time at this job. This job hires great people of you are looking for a fun great job. Bon secours is the way to go.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
The Hospital lives the mission. The hospital has a clinic in the hospital for the Homeless.
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2016
The CEO is one of the nicest people that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He cares about his employees and the patients.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 13, 2016
pace of unit
different cultures
supportive
I learned how to be a team player, Bon Secours Hospital had a lot of persons of different cultures
Pros
diversty
Cons
health care
Work with fun and very nice people
Guest Services/ Valet/ Switchboard operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2016
They make it hard to switch jobs with in the system. I've tried but if they need you in your current position They make it hard for you to leave
ok workplace
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day is pretty crazy. You can have fun while you work. Needs better management though. It is in a unsafe area but they keep the grounds safe with security.
Pros
close to home
Cons
dirty
loved the job, flexibility
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 31, 2016
Medium-sized hospital with the laboratory separated into BB, Micro, and Automated departments, without any overlapping. Would have loved to continue my BB and micro experience. Hopefully the next spot!

Flexibility was amazing, especially during my child's birth and year after!

Pay was pretty good, tough working a second shift..but loved the variety of testing
If it's a calling, you can find happiness.
Floor nurse-RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCJanuary 23, 2016
I have worked in several different departments in the Greenville Bon Secours system. In every area, my coworkers were spectacular. I have never worked with or amongst such a dedicated, committed staff. If your calling is to provide peace and compassion to people in need of care you can feel fulfilled at this job. However, management is quite disconnected from the reality of day to day work and loads. They preach a good story, but when it comes down to supporting their own people, they fall to the almighty dollar. Staff continues on through adversity and hurdles in a fashion that would impress anyone. No lunches, not enough staff, no holiday pay, playing of favorites and changing policies to meet management needs is well practiced and accepted even when brought to the attention of one of the poorest HR systems I have ever dealt with. This organization does not realize what it has in employees.. worth their weight in gold and much more, trampled on and disrespected they forge on performing at a standard demanded by but not practiced by administration.
Pros
Great co workers, lateral transfer opportunities, faith based
Cons
No holiday or call back compensation, short staff, poor management