Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Care Management Specialist (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches from vendors, meeting new people and their families
Cons: Short lunch breaks (sometimes none), limited resources
This was a great company to work for, because of it's mission oriented, friendly, spiritual, and steadfast culture. Everyday was a challenge because of the nature of my job, which was helping those in need. The hardest part of my job was being in a situation where i couldn't hep due to circumstances beyond the facets of my job perimeter. I am a person who loves to interact with people and solve problems, so this job really served that purpose for me!
Great Place to work for.
Material Management (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great overall on everything if you dont mind physical work.
Cons: sometimes can be very busy and you cant fit in a break.
Typical Day - Either frantic or calm. Stock medical supplies, check the phones, keep your beeper on you, and paying attention to where your stocking.

Learned - how to use a pallet jack.

Management - He tries to make everyone happy.

Co-Workers - Great. They help you out and there for you.

Hard Part of Job - To me it's learning the hospital. The closets look kind of the same but are very different.

Enjoyable part - The people. They are friendly.
Clinic setting
Penny Mead, office manager (Current Employee), Powhatan, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: mon-fri
Cons: too busy without any co workers.
Setting and meeting the demands of various patients. Filing Insurance paperwork. Submitting insurance paper work. Meeting the demands of the medical doctor. Answering phone calls and sending the medical doctor med refill request.
Wonderful atmosphere, interesting work, and good benefits
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: work environment, co-workers, work assignments
Cons: traveling to chesapeake
I started 23 years ago at the Mary Immaculate Medcare. They eventually changed to BonSecours. It was a very fast paced atmosphere which I enjoyed. After about 10 years, I moved to Western Branch Family Practice, which is also BonSecours. I eventually became the Office Coordinator. My day consisted of dealing with upset patients, balancing daily financial logs, managing the front office and coordinating front duties with the clinical duties. I also did coding and billing. Probably the most difficult part was dealing with the insurance companies when patients and insurance didn't agree. I truly enjoyed my work experience there and hated to leave but I felt like I wanted to be in Newport News where I live. I was working in Chesapeake and I felt at the time I needed to be closer to home. I am very comfortable in all aspects of a medical office.
a great place to learn and grow
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
The hospital is a place where everyone knew or at least reconized everyone else.
Teamwork is highly prized.
We did our best to provide excellent care to our patients as well as great support to other departments
Poor office management
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: short day on firdays
Cons: micro management
Busy office.
Poor office skills.
Poor office management.
Fair co-workers.
Dealing with micro managment.
The Patients.
Long history of illegal and unethical behavior from HR and my former managers
Manager (Former Employee), VAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: leaving!
Cons: hr, eap
Mangers and directors leave a lot here, huge turnover rate. HR doesn't care and they are gossiping about what they see and hear with other employees. NEVER go to the EAP department, it really is not private information and they will tell EVERYONE! Pay is lower then other places like VCU and HCA. You will regret working here. Its awful!
good food, good friends, and wonderful atmosphere
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Port Jervis, NYJanuary 27, 2015
A wonderful place to work. Each day is a new experience meeting new people, learning new job related information, knowing your opinions count, having co-workers you can count on and them knowing they can count on you. Management helps keep you informed on currant matters. The hardest part of this job is seeing the concerned looks of the patient's families knowing you have done everything possible to help their loved one. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see your hard work help a loved one.
very busy workplace
Licensed Practical Nurse, Team Lead (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: cafeteria for lunch
very busy workplace a good learning facilites. you get to work with excellent doctors. hospital setting EMR and wide variety of patient and different cultures. fast pace enivorment , free training available for staff. good benefits. very large company with different specialities
Great people
Social Worker (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: administration clueless
Great staff, doctors and nurses. Administration is very oblivious to what a real day of hard direct patient care means.
Big Health System
Nursing Quality Performance Coordinator (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Great values
Management is engaged
Good data analytics available
Co-workers amenable
Many entry level opportunities
Hard to get into middle management
Lots of educational / development opportunities
Challenging and demanding
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Schedule teamwork assignments and conduct daily team meetings. Communicate with members in other department to help plan the day. I have learned how to reduce supply costs and increase team performance. Have helped other members of the management improve job procedures and reduce waste. Co-workers have been instrumental in helping me learn and improve in every paart of the job. The hardest part of the job is planning your day without clear expectations of what is actually going to happen. The most rewarding part of the job is in meeting and expectations set by upper management.
Extremely nice co-workers
Senior Lead Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond,VAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: positive attitudes
Enjoy day to day work environment very much. Friendly atmosphere.
Slow paced creative environment requring team and coalition building.
Project Director Neighborhood Revitalization (Former Employee), Baltimore CityJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: creativity
Cons: long days
Multiple meeting with various people (stakeholders, residents, funders).
Outreach to follow up with community projects
Evening community and town hall meeting
Reporting and multitasking

The creation of projects, envisioning sessions, developing new approaches in community development.
spiritually grounded and i love that about this company
RN/Mother Baby/Nursery (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAJanuary 10, 2015
I love the way they offer prayer for the patients, staff, visiors
RN
o Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore,MDJanuary 9, 2015
People are nice. Management not organized. Culture of hospital is good. Hospital clean and neat. Patients are nice. Busy on occasions.
OK
Staff LPN (Former Employee), virginiaDecember 23, 2014
Good benefits. Excellent place to work.Enjoyable job with nice people. I also learned alot. Great opportunity.
Good Help
Human Resources Service Advisor (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: could be the key to advancement within hr
Cons: phone center environment - not for me.
This job consists of service advisors on the phones taking calls from employees about HR related questions or concerns. This is one of those jobs that allows you to touch on every part of HR so it is a valuable learning experience but unless you love talking to people all day it is not the kind of job that I would want to consider as a career. We search for answers to questions we don't know as well as create cases and escalate to other parts of the HR circle. Questions that have to do with benefits, talent, compensation, and sending employee records to be filled out or scanned into their files. I do enjoy the feeling of telling someone somehting that they may not have known before they called in.
Future for nursing
Shift Resource Nurse (Current Employee), Mechanicsville, VADecember 14, 2014
I was very happy working in the IT area of Bon Secours. I had to leave this position due to unfortunate family circumstances. I would recommend Bon Secours.
Call center open floor plan.
Radiology Scheduler, Department of Radiology (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2014
This position is located in an area that has an open floor plan that I find creates a work environment where it's very difficult to hear on the phones. This floor plan was created right after I started this job, had I known of the change in the work environment I would not have accepted this position. Overall I really enjoy the work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system – Read more

Bon Secours Health System Photos