Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

great first job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Port Jervis, NYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: staffing
Bon Secours Community Hospital provided a great learning environment with everyone willing to help. Staff members are great, never hesitating to help and management as well. I learned communication skills with patients, doctors and other workers. I learned about medications, how to administer them, major side effects, and medications that have parameters. Didn't get to see a wide range of patients but learned how everyone is individual and how to adjust care.
family
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: values
working for Bon Secours Virginia Orthopedic and Spine Specialist was and addition to my family, it was a team player environment.
productive
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAAugust 15, 2015
Cons: no lunch time, stressed, over worked
A lot of walking. Making runs on time is a must. Dealing with rude people. The pharmacy is unorganized. Supervisor needs more training including who is over him. Low pay. They expect you to just drop everything and come in on your off days
Working in Healthcare
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: Not able to help patients
Working in Healthcare has been great. I answer calls and assit with setting appointments, insurance information and and giving directions to the pratice.I have learned that healthcare changes from day to day and you must be educated to keep up with it. I love to learn more and more and more each day. Learning is the key. I enjoy getting to know patients. I enjoy helping patients to feel better just by conversating with them. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help patients due to insurance issues or not being able to get a sooner appointment for patients. My manager is there to help when needed and and also my co-workers. We work as a team and that is important in any work place.
Nice hospital to work for/left contract expired
Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: self employed
Cons: If i dont get the specimens to hospital on time
Driver
Be carful with specimen
Self employed
Hardest part of job getting specimen on time to other hospital
Live helping people save lives
Bon Secours Health System provides good help for those in need/dying
Certified Dialysis Technologist (Current Employee), 2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore MDAugust 2, 2015
Pros: the job is 10 min. from my house, everyone that works at Bon Secours is there cause they care for the people they serve
Cons: long hours, no able to spend a lot of time with love ones/cause you are always at work
I live by the Bon Secour's values I provide all my customers with respect/protect their dignities and overall provide the best care/customer service that I am able to provide so at the end of the day I am able to live with myself that I have treated my customer/patients as I would like to be treat it.
the most rewarding part of my job is that I am providing a life sustaining event so the patients/customers that I work with. The hardest part of my job is when I am no longer able to help them and patient's health begins to slowly decline and death is close by.
Awesome Place to Work
Various Administrative/ Clerical Positions (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 29, 2015
This place is amazing, the staff is kind and loving and the management is understanding yet firm. The culture here is like a big family.
Great locations, great coworkers and patients
Patient Services rep (Former Employee), Portsmouth,VAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good way to help patients
Cons: Termination within 90 days
In the beginning, the job in the In Motions physical therapy clinic was great! Very busy, you have to learn a lot in a little bit of time. The good side is when you meet patients and do what you love to do which is helping people. the down side is that there is little to no training. Training is telling you what to do, not showing you how its done and only once. You are expected to know everything within the 90 days of employment. So, I recommend not applying to Bon Secours if you do not have an internship or prior medical office experience. Other than that, if you already working there, make sure you are minding your business, no personal talk. Word gets around fast in a small office.
It's a fast-paced energetic place of employment with compassion, caring and excellence.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2015
A typical day includes admitting patients for induction or c/section. We monitor patients closely through out their stay. We have excellent teamwork. Being part of a women's most important day of her life( ie.becoming a mother) is the most satisfying part of my job.
awful
Intensive Care Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2015
awful place to work. I work during my lunch break and sometimes I even work over time because the person coming next calls out. Benefits are not even worth it
Average
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Richmond, Virginia St. MarysJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great mission, upper management is great.
Cons: Department level management could be improved.
Average experience working here. Typical issues seen with any hospital. Enjoy co-workers but lots of turnover and hires lots of new grads.
productive
Customer Service Repersentive (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2015
Overall a great experiance, management changes to much great company to work for, very helpful an friendly employees.
Also a great enviroment.
a new experience
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Saint Clair Shores, MIJune 27, 2015
came in contact with older patients
took pride in the cleaning job each day
Learned to prioritize
Learned to take pride in my job
Learned to work under unusual xirxumstances
Looking for a 32+ hour RN job closer to home
Registered Nurse, Interventional Radiology (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Love the job
Cons: Too far from home
Accomplished professional with over 20 years’ experience in real estate, nursing, and management. Demonstrated expertise in business management, people leadership, time management, communication, and organizational efficiency. Holds Clinician II and Trauma Nurse Core Course designations.
Summary
Director (Current Employee), EnterpriseJune 22, 2015
Pros: honest, ethical
Cons: none
BSHSI is a great place to work, love working for an organization where the motto is "Good Help To Those In Need". A solid reputation for quality and care in the Richmond area.
A very spiritual atmosphere, with good work values. Good employee engagement
Care Management Specialist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits & Tuition reimbursement
Cons: long days
A typical day at my job was basically corresponding with various facilities, home health & DME companies, and Outpatient infusion facilities to set up referrals for patients being discharged from the hospital and setting up follow up appointments. Co-workers and management were great and I enjoyed interacting with the patients and their families. Very rewarding experience!
Receptionist
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2015
very pleasant place to work nice people small organization serving the less fortunate and mental health issues best time of the job was in the morning it was the busiest
Nice place
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No real break
I enjoyed working for the Bon Secours Health System. The benefits are great!! I do have to say you must love working with children in order to truly enjoy your job. The was some gossip issues, but that is every where you go.
My review of my role as a Volunteer Liaison for Bon Secours
Volunteer Liaison (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Seeing the volunteers enjoy themselves each day
Cons: Lots of red tape when it comes to bringing on new volunteers
In a typical day as a Volunteer Liaison, I work to serve Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center by recruiting scheduling, screening, assisting, and supervising volunteers. The hands-down most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the volunteers. The most difficult part of my job is adapting to new regulations handed down by the hospital.
amazing coworkers abound
ADMINISTRATIVE NURSING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 5, 2015
We have an amzing staff at St Francis. We work together not only to provide the best patient care possible but to support each other through out the day
Headquarters
Bon Secours Health System, Inc.
1505 Marriottsville Road