Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Outreach Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 16, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Advancement does not seem to be an option. Management encourages staff to go to school. Would stay if had better pay. This company has tuition reimbursement which is a plus.
Good over all
Desktop Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2017
Enjoy working at here.
There is a lot works and under staffed, which make the day go by fast and get a lot done. On the other hand, you have to handle the stress level and critical thinking we'll.
work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
arrive to office, mandatory huddle everyday, assignment (could take a couple of hours, sometimes assignment posted would change, frequently managing symptoms that would take for hours), made sure symptoms were managed and you owned the patient until the end of visit is complete), office usually very loud, many different people cultures, hardest part was being spread out to cover a lot of the Virginia area an hour or more away from the office and be able to finish on time was difficult, most enjoyable part being with the patients and their family and being a part of their lives
Pros
health insurance
Cons
sometimes no breaks or lunches, usually very busy
good place to work,good benefits
RN, Neuro Science Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VA 23116August 14, 2017
Bon Secours Memorial Regional Hospital is a good place to practice your professional skills while continuing your education. Management is receptive to our needs and concerns.
Hospital supported job position.
Bariatric Nurse Coordinator and Staff Education (Former Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYAugust 13, 2017
I was very fortunate to be supported by the hospital when a job became available in this specialty field of nursing. I was employed by the hospital but I worked full time in the physicians office.
Pros
benifits
Cons
yearly inservices
very good work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2017
working a bon secours was a typical day u start off by making sure all of your doctor rooms was set up and ready for the day. you take the time out to great all of your patients and make sure they sign in. our office manger kept thing running in a smooth and quick. making the day go by fast and running. the hardest part of the job was when your doctor is back up or running late.
Enjoyed my time there
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2017
I only worked for them part-time for about 1 1/2 years. The compensation was great, (for me, anyway), and I got along with all of my co-workers. I was also lucky to work with nice doctors during my shifts who did not put on any airs.
Pros
the part-time pay
Cons
very slow during the night shift
ER Registration
ER Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 10, 2017
In the recent years as there have been financial crunches the management team has added extra stress to employee's without compensation. The environment has become one of unhappy employees and managements answer is to lay off and hire new instead of fixing the problem. Questions and concerns fall on deaf ears.
Productive and fun working place. good patient education
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2017
The patient population are needy and it takes empathy and love of nursing to provide adequate care in the community where the hospital is located. I love working there.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 4, 2017
Pretty relaxed environment who cares about their resident, and a super clean facility! Management can be an issue sometimes, but families are awesome, they really care about their nursing staff, and will go above and beyond.
Everyone helped out with emergencies and admissions
Staff RN critical care, cvicu pacu (Former Employee) –  St Mary's Richmond vaAugust 3, 2017
24 years at St Mary's Hospital in Richmond Va. was a wonderful experience. Caring people and nurses that made working there very pleasant. I started in ICU for several years and advanced to CVICU when we started cardiac surgery. What a exciting experience and I advanced to teaching the cardiac surgery classes to new nurses a and precepting at the bedside. Because of a life event several years later I became burned out of critical care and transferred to PACU. Loved, loved, loved PACU.
Pros
Staff excellent
Cons
Weekends and on-call
Productive and fast pace environment
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warwick, NYAugust 2, 2017
Fast pace
Manage a busy sub-acute nursing unit
Managing staff - delegating
Ensure staffing requirements are at minimums
Communicate with families and physicians
Assessing residents
Educate staff
educate families and patients on discharge needs
Craeplaning
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
No advancement in current position
ok place to work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2017
I felt like management didn't care for women at all and that there was room for growth but they didn't want to teach you for fear of loosing you and you advancing.
awesome place to work
Unit Secretary/Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 31, 2017
A typical night in the er is hectic, busy, crazy, yet fun. Everyone works together as a team and things flow well. Staff is amazing. Despite crazy stressful moments it is enjoyable and an amazing place to work.
Pros
awesome coworkers and management
Cons
super busy, short breaks if breaks were taken (usually they werent)
Great people to work with.
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 27, 2017
Most days very busy patient schedule. Management very nice to work for and care about employees. Working with my team members has been a very fulfilling work experience.
Cons
No paid holidays. You need to use your PTO
Excellent leadership
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 25, 2017
Was able to perform the duties that I was assigned with little to no assistance needed by others. Most employees worked at the facility for years together.
Pros
Family setting
Cons
Overall good company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2017
Exciting to work with diverse group of individuals. You can learn something new from patients and coworkers. You can have great team of workers who have been working there for several months to several years, which is great because of their experience you able to learn from them.
Pros
Free lunches are provided
Cons
lunch breakes are very short, some units are very short staffed
Good working environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
It is a very busy health care facility.I worked with one of the busiest units and shift was a busy one too.(2pm-10pm).It has benefits like Education Re-embursement.
Overall good place to work
Child Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2017
I worked for Bon Secours for a total of about 7 years. Overall it was a positive place to work. They pay well and have good benefits including significant leave.
The hospital is located in inner city Baltimore. As such, the population can be difficult given socio-economic factors.
Pros
Leave, salary
Cons
Difficult Population
Relaxing
Systems Administrator Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 14, 2017
A typical day at work is engaging at this organization. I learnt a lot of new innovative ideas and suggestions. The workplace culture is good and encouraging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon Secours Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval