Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

A good place to work .
Senior Pre-Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 21, 2017
I am a part of an exceptional healthcare experience. We’re ranked among the best hospitals and we care for a lot of patients each year. Bon Secours also care deeply for our employees and strive each day to enhance their experience. The success is tied directly to the unique contributions, backgrounds, perspectives, skills, talents and dedication of our world-class team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare
A fun place to work, team work
Register Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Bon secours maria manor was one of my most favorite places to work. The team work was spectacular, we covered for each other. Regular raises were given, the benefits were above what I expected for my position as rn supervisor.
Pros
PAY WAS GOOD
Cons
STAFF INSUBORDINATE AT TIMES
Bon Secours
LPN (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2017
LPN's do not get yearly raise. Most of the day is passing meds- there's not much time for anything else. Decent facility to work at for LTC. Nurse to pt ratio isn't small enough. CNA's have too many patients.
Craziness Indeed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 18, 2017
In working in the OR, the department was awesome. I learned a great deal and have many friends still from there.

When I transitioned over to healthcare quality......The CNE was absolutely crazy.
Busy and its a great place to learn
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 16, 2017
Its a great place to learn. There is a lot of room for growth and I enjoy knowing that I helped or that I am able to help someone's life.
An organization with a clear mission and competent workforce
HRIS Reporting & Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 15, 2017
I have worked for Bon Secours for last 10 years, and it has provided rich experience of working with very competent coworkers and saw the company mission lived out in day-to-day operations. Depending on your positions, you will find the company willing to be flexible in terms of your work arrangement i.e. remote workers. As a healthcare organization, they are doing their best to encourage employee health and well-being so you will have opportunities to receive information and to be guided by one of the world-class well-being resources. With a strong executive management team, the company lays out its growth steps solidly, You will find your work challenging enough to not get bored and you will have competent workforce who come along next to you.
Pros
A Mission driven Not-for-profit Healthcare organization
Cons
Rather slower career advancement path compared to other places of work, but that's just my personal experience
Growing Healthcare system
Director of Compliance (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 15, 2017
The overall culture of the organization is balanced though there are opportunities for better integration between the network and the system itself. Future endeavors may prove to shift the balance of the culture in a positive direction but all depends on where the organization wants to go.
Pros
Mid-level management and some Senior Management
Cons
Transitional environment between system and network
Family Friendly Workplace with Excellent Benefits
Regional Manager, Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Very family friendly, almost to a fault. Excellent medical benefits, although premium is shared by employer and employee. Only drawback is that salaries are not competitive with other employers.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Salaries
Compassion for patients
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2017
Bon Secours Mission statement is shown at every hospital.
Patients are treated with compassion.
Bon Secours care the employees and their families and they make sure that you have all the tools you need to do your job.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
No sick days
Productive and hard working
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Good place to work for good health care system and a little more training and update training for promotion. Clean work place.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Hourly rate
See below
Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Warwick, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Bon Secours -Schervier Pavillion is a exciting place to work. It is a small facility that allows for close relationships with your co-workers. Because of its size it tends to provoke a team spirit in all of its employees which serves both the resident and the employee.
I learned a great deal about managing people and residents which allowed me the ability to teach as well as learn about the intricates of managing a team of people working toward a common goal.

The most difficult part of my job I would have to say is the attempt at managing families psychosocial behaviors and their place in the grieving process as it related to the care and management of the resident's/patient's prognosis.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the team spirit we create at our facility. The employees are great always willing to step up to the next task whenever needed. Great place to work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great company and benefits
Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 6, 2017
Great company with great benefits but not many opportunities for advancement. Staff is pleasant, management sometimes hard to deal with. Numerous opportunities for OT.
Pros
Great Pay and benefits
Cons
Management can be condescending at times.
Typical Work Day
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAFebruary 2, 2017
Start time is an hour or hour an half before school lets out to do documentation or other admin work. Treatments and rehabs follow immediately after school is let out and then after an hour so of that practice and/or game coverage begins.
Experience
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCFebruary 2, 2017
Management is terrible, you contact HR and it does not good. I have worked here almost 2 years with NO raise at all. Nothing.
central sterile
Central Sterile Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2017
 Oversees proper infection control, maintenance of the treatment rooms, and instruments
 Decontamination of surgical instruments and sterilization of instruments, supplies and equipment. Ensures all necessary instruments and supplies are prepared and ready for assembly on case carts. Observes strict patient confidentiality following all HIPAA rules and regulations. Maintains a clean and safe environment.
Respect at all levels. If I emailed a VP, I had a personal response the same day. I never had occasion to contact the Ceo.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2017
I think the way Bon Secours actively works at making each employee feel equal, even special, was an eye-opener to me. When I went for my initial interview, my new manager took me on a tour of the hospital and he literally knew the name and family situation of each employee we encountered.

A personal event that really touched me: Before I ever met the man who would become my boss, he sang at an event I attended. He has a beautiful voice. For years I tried to get him to sing at a volunteer event. Nay-nay. But at my farewell, he sang "Happy trails to you." He'd heard me. They also gave me a framed print of the hospital signed by almost everyone, I treasure it and my time there.

There was no "typical" day at work but the reports still got done in a timely manner and we survived the crises.
Pros
Free lunches for volunteers, excellent benefits for employees including healthcare and tuition reimbursement
Cons
As a health-focused organization, most job advancment went to the healthcare workers. Although we received annual pay increases, actual advances were rare for many positions.
Good
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Good place to work as a provider in richmond area. I also love working here just in general. It is a company of women leaders and support women in the work place.
second home
RRT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2017
Ive been an employee for over 10 years. The staff is fantastic. Love the patient population.
We have periods of being understaffed (like most hospitals) but the teamwork is amazing. Everyone works well together.
Behind the Times
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2017
Great slogans but poor management tactics and strategy. The onboarding was excellent, very well managed. Once handed off to local management things fell apart.
Pros
Good Onboarding
Cons
Management, Pay, Policies
good intro to ER
ER Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Warwick, NYJanuary 15, 2017
provided services in the emergency room prepping beds and cleaning stations. Helped patients with whatever they needed and ran lab specimens for orders filled
Pros
free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon Secours Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Bon Secours Health System Reviews by Location