Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and excellent place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 10, 2016
No day is the same !! I thoroughly enjoy my job and the people I work with.
The hardest part of my job is learning to say no.
I enjoy being a part of this family.
Pros
I get many opportunities to work on committees
Cons
Time
Depends on who your manager is
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 6, 2016
Bon Secours is in theory a great place to work. If you have a good manager you will definitely have a great work life balance and an enjoyable experience at work. However once you begin to deal with admin and the hire ups it can take a turn for the worst.
Great team of people to work with!
Occupational Health nurse (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 4, 2016
Every day coming to work was a great experience! It's not often you find a wonderful team to be a part of and Bon Secours was definitely that great team!
Great team of ladies to work with!!!
Occupational Health Nurse/Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 4, 2016
I LOVE the team I work with at Bon Secours!!! It's hard to find a great group of people to work with that all get along and have great work ethic!
Bureaucratic greedy organization
NP (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 3, 2016
Dedicated staff but feel the talk about mission is just that, talk. Bon Secours likes getting paid despite their non-profit status. Case in point, Redskins deal with Richmond City.
Also in the last year, Bon Secours has added half a dozen new upper level management/administrators to the medical group while the entire organization is under a 'budget crunch' .
Seems like an odd sense of priorities while we can't hire diabetic educators and get the supplies we need.
Incompetent and unprofessional people/managers keep their jobs based on who they know regardless of complaints.
Pros
Opportunity to move around in organization
Cons
Mediocre pay, Vacation also includes federal holidays
great place to work
Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy Tech (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 3, 2016
loved working with athletes at the school and patients at the clinic. was let go during the a time period when business was not good for the company,
Pros
experiences with people
Cons
less pay and time away from family
Faith based organization with strong values
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 1, 2016
BSHSI has dedicated employees with long jevity, management able to change with new concepts and evaluate their functionality.
Na
Analytics and Reporting Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 26, 2016
I do not consent to reviewing my company at this time. This is coercive - I should not be forced to review my company if I don't want to.
Great place to work, especially behavioral health
Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2016
Open honest transparent management. Great compensation and benefits. Fun environment. True to the mission. This is a great place to work if you have a big heart and want to share that with the world!
This place should be shut down!
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 18, 2016
I was lied to so much by the HR leaders, the employee wellness leader and EAP leaders. It was a scary, dark place to work. No growth. Its all about who you know. SO many people got jobs here because they are family, friends or whatever to higher ups. My purse was stolen twice here and nobody cared.
Pros
Leaving this company for good
Cons
No growth, lies, hidding behind religion.
Great resources for surrounding community and excellent tuition reimburment program
Ambulatory Outpatient Front Desk Registrar (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2016
Management was mediocre and the culture was one that I would prefer to be a bit more professional, the resources for the community and population it served were very good. The neighborhood was dangerous and a lot of crime and violence and addiction in the population. Was there for multiple shootings on the surrounding streets.
Pros
tuition reimbursment up to $5, 000
Cons
surrounding area
Bon Secours
Outpatient/Community Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VA 23114April 12, 2016
Catholic faith-based, non-profit hospital system that was both an honor and privilege for this company. I stand behind their mission and enjoyed identifying and helping those in need. The last position was a challenge for me personally to balance my family life and the demand of developing a new area of support services for the Medical Group. I was honored to have paved the way for other RDs to work within the realm of medical offices to be readily available to patients in one location.
Pros
mission, great co-workers, faith based, non-profit
Cons
some limited opportunity for management or leadership positions without MBA
Team work type of Environment
HIM CLERK (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2016
I have learned alot about being a team player as well as a leader in my current position. Because of the multiple changes that have occured in the organization, I've had to be very patient and flexible. Which is one of my best qualities.
Pros
Family oriented environment
Cons
Uncertainty of job security
Okay work place. good to get your foot in the door.
Patient Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2016
Bon secours is a good company to work for but a lot of management SUCK! it all about who you know to get where you want to be. The hardest part about the job is no bonuses and if you are sick that classified as an occurence. you have to use your PTO for everything even if it is the company fault.
Pros
benefits and healthcare incentive
Cons
everything i listed above
Great Place to work
Surgical Services Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 30, 2016
This is a great place to work. The organization is technologically forward in it operations. Bon Secours has grown tremendously offering the city of Richmond lots of Healthcare options.
Need improvement
Insurance Verification and Authorization Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23227March 24, 2016
I was looking to move up in the company and i did not see any room to grow with the company.That is just my opinion, but i still continue to do the best I can with my current company.
outstanding employer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 22, 2016
I work a twelve hour shift and am constantly on the move. Patient care is always the priority. I have learned many critical care responsibilities and how to them in a very busy environment. My entire team in exceptional and make it easier to do my job, they are another part of my family.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
few to no breaks
A productive healthcare environment with friendly, hard-working people.
Commercial Follow-up Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 18, 2016
My work day consists of validating information on medical claims for payment, determining if claims process according to policy and contract, following up on claims, and making sure claims are processed within the 45-day limit, and providing good customer service, and making sure patients' health insurance is updated.
Effective workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 8, 2016
Effective workplace to work in. helped with peoples health so a position with a cause. I was able to meet a lot of good people at Bon Secour. It was very fulfilling and helped me to appreciate life in a profound way
To be a better employee and team player
Follow Up Representative Government (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 8, 2016
I love my job, coworkers and management at BSHSI. The hardest part is learning new systems, but once I learn the systems it makes my job better
Pros
Free Lunches