Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

Looking for a 32+ hour RN job closer to home
Registered Nurse, Interventional Radiology (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Love the job
Cons: Too far from home
Accomplished professional with over 20 years’ experience in real estate, nursing, and management. Demonstrated expertise in business management, people leadership, time management, communication, and organizational efficiency. Holds Clinician II and Trauma Nurse Core Course designations.
Summary
Director (Current Employee), EnterpriseJune 22, 2015
Pros: honest, ethical
Cons: none
BSHSI is a great place to work, love working for an organization where the motto is "Good Help To Those In Need". A solid reputation for quality and care in the Richmond area.
A very spiritual atmosphere, with good work values. Good employee engagement
Care Management Specialist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits & Tuition reimbursement
Cons: long days
A typical day at my job was basically corresponding with various facilities, home health & DME companies, and Outpatient infusion facilities to set up referrals for patients being discharged from the hospital and setting up follow up appointments. Co-workers and management were great and I enjoyed interacting with the patients and their families. Very rewarding experience!
Receptionist
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2015
very pleasant place to work nice people small organization serving the less fortunate and mental health issues best time of the job was in the morning it was the busiest
Nice place
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No real break
I enjoyed working for the Bon Secours Health System. The benefits are great!! I do have to say you must love working with children in order to truly enjoy your job. The was some gossip issues, but that is every where you go.
My review of my role as a Volunteer Liaison for Bon Secours
Volunteer Liaison (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Seeing the volunteers enjoy themselves each day
Cons: Lots of red tape when it comes to bringing on new volunteers
In a typical day as a Volunteer Liaison, I work to serve Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center by recruiting scheduling, screening, assisting, and supervising volunteers. The hands-down most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the volunteers. The most difficult part of my job is adapting to new regulations handed down by the hospital.
amazing coworkers abound
ADMINISTRATIVE NURSING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 5, 2015
We have an amzing staff at St Francis. We work together not only to provide the best patient care possible but to support each other through out the day
A mission based hospital business
Administrative Director of Imaging (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 3, 2015
Pros: misson based
Cons: too many senior level positions and not enough front line employees
A good place to work but the organization is trying to balance their mission goals with their business goals which is a very difficult balancing act.
My work family
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: not many advancement opportunities
I enjoy working here for many reasons; I have a great work-life balance, I get to work with people that I like and I help people every day. The best part is getting to see the outcome of great teamwork.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 1, 2015
Great place to work. Great tuition reimbursement. Great health, vision, and dental benefits. Flexible scheduling. Great equipment, very modern and easy to use.
Clinical experience
Emergency Room Patient Registrar (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Challenging, well paying, educational in the medical field
Cons: Inability to take sick leave, hours
I have learned different types of insurances and how they work. I am a team player, but within my current role as the only Patient Registrar on the 3rd shift, I have developed superior problem solving skills to be able to maneuver through an issue without the help of others. I am a forward thinker and enjoy new challenges, which I get to experience every shift that I work.
Bon Secours a good company to work for
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Marriottsville, MDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: People do not leave so no real room for growth
Bon Secours is a great company. The people here are nice and supportive.The only issue that you will find is that people like thier positions here and do not leave or grow. Most of the people in the Corporate office has been wiht the company over 10 years and normally in the same position or area. If you try to cross line is it very difficuly.
Always looking for competent staffing,at one time there was a waiting list to be employed at St. Mary's OR.
Clinical Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 17, 2015
Pros: all listed above
Cons: not everyone has the same work ethics
I have been in the Bon Secours Health System Inc. for 30 years, never considered leaving because my immediate director and manager are appreciative of my clinical skills and knowledge. I worked in a 20 OR suite area, we do approximately 60 cases per day , that also includes Hear Bypass. Team work is great on most days, we never miss a lunch break and 2 15-minutes break.

My manager is very accommodating with flexing our work schedule and vacation time. We are never sent home due to decrease in case loads, but we may leave early if we wanted to.
Okay work place.
Patient Transportation (Former Employee), Grosse Pointe, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches once in awhile.
Cons: Short breaks
Typical day at work a hard working day. Management is not supportive. Most enjoyable part of the is putting a nice smile on the patients face.
great company. poor management and work environment
LPN (Former Employee), Richmond associated InternistMay 10, 2015
Pros: Leaving it all at the door
Cons: Poor pay, large work load with no real team work
I would never work for Bon Secours Associated Internist EVER again. The office is crowded and they heard patients in like cattle. The office manager is a drunk (happy drunk but never the less an alcoholic ) the PA is awful, has no compassion, rude to staff and just an unhappy person. Many of the physicians are wonderful but a few bad apples definitely spoil the bunch.
good place to work
Coordination of Care Concierge (Current Employee), richmond, vaMay 7, 2015
bonsecours is a great place to work, but need to expand myself and qualities I have for myself and future of my children. Need to be able to work more at home and office.
Not The best, but ok
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, Great pay! Up to date technology, get to leave the pharmacy at the door when you leave!
Cons: Poor technician management, Really bad scheduling
Tech supervisor is hard to deal with but I don't know how longer she will be there. Going through a transitional phase right now, morale is low now but usually is very high. Lots of very experienced technicians and pharmacists. Upper pharmacy management is good. Very little competitiveness, everyone is really willing to teaching you anything you want to know, but be careful, the more you know the more your schedule gets jerked around. Great pay and benefits, if your willing to sacrifice your home/family life.
Great workplace sometimes
Registration (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 29, 2015
Pros: The wellness for employees are great. Insurance is good and decent co pay. .
Cons: Do not like to hire. When a person leave, they want replace them unless it is a dying need. Sometimes can be over worked. Sometimes we, the employee don't feel valued.
This is a great place to work at times. Great benefits and can be a fun place at times. Happy co-workers in most departments. Just sometimes feel like the company don't care about us as a person.

Pros: The wellness for employees are great. Insurance is good and decent co pay. Pay not bad but could be a little higher.
Family atmosphere
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 19, 2015
Pros: helping the community not only the patients.
Cons: not really any I can think of proud to work for this company
A small inner city hospital doing big things, makes you proud to be an employee and helping the patients and community. They help the patient medically, physically, socially, psychosocially and provides continuity after discharge.
Great Place To Work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Long Working hours and long commute
I went to work at 3:30 AM and I left at 12:00 Noon. I learned alot from my co-workers. My co-workers were very unstanding of me being new to the profession. Bon Secours hired me 6 months out of school. The hardest part of the job was the long working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system – Read more

Bon Secours Health System Salaries