Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

Bon Secours a good company to work for
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Marriottsville, MDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: People do not leave so no real room for growth
Bon Secours is a great company. The people here are nice and supportive.The only issue that you will find is that people like thier positions here and do not leave or grow. Most of the people in the Corporate office has been wiht the company over 10 years and normally in the same position or area. If you try to cross line is it very difficuly.
Always looking for competent staffing,at one time there was a waiting list to be employed at St. Mary's OR.
Clinical Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 17, 2015
Pros: all listed above
Cons: not everyone has the same work ethics
I have been in the Bon Secours Health System Inc. for 30 years, never considered leaving because my immediate director and manager are appreciative of my clinical skills and knowledge. I worked in a 20 OR suite area, we do approximately 60 cases per day , that also includes Hear Bypass. Team work is great on most days, we never miss a lunch break and 2 15-minutes break.

My manager is very accommodating with flexing our work schedule and vacation time. We are never sent home due to decrease in case loads, but we may leave early if we wanted to.
Okay work place.
Patient Transportation (Former Employee), Grosse Pointe, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches once in awhile.
Cons: Short breaks
Typical day at work a hard working day. Management is not supportive. Most enjoyable part of the is putting a nice smile on the patients face.
great company. poor management and work environment
LPN (Former Employee), Richmond associated InternistMay 10, 2015
Pros: Leaving it all at the door
Cons: Poor pay, large work load with no real team work
I would never work for Bon Secours Associated Internist EVER again. The office is crowded and they heard patients in like cattle. The office manager is a drunk (happy drunk but never the less an alcoholic ) the PA is awful, has no compassion, rude to staff and just an unhappy person. Many of the physicians are wonderful but a few bad apples definitely spoil the bunch.
good place to work
Coordination of Care Concierge (Current Employee), richmond, vaMay 7, 2015
bonsecours is a great place to work, but need to expand myself and qualities I have for myself and future of my children. Need to be able to work more at home and office.
Not The best, but ok
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, Great pay! Up to date technology, get to leave the pharmacy at the door when you leave!
Cons: Poor technician management, Really bad scheduling
Tech supervisor is hard to deal with but I don't know how longer she will be there. Going through a transitional phase right now, morale is low now but usually is very high. Lots of very experienced technicians and pharmacists. Upper pharmacy management is good. Very little competitiveness, everyone is really willing to teaching you anything you want to know, but be careful, the more you know the more your schedule gets jerked around. Great pay and benefits, if your willing to sacrifice your home/family life.
Great workplace sometimes
Registration (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 29, 2015
Pros: The wellness for employees are great. Insurance is good and decent co pay. .
Cons: Do not like to hire. When a person leave, they want replace them unless it is a dying need. Sometimes can be over worked. Sometimes we, the employee don't feel valued.
This is a great place to work at times. Great benefits and can be a fun place at times. Happy co-workers in most departments. Just sometimes feel like the company don't care about us as a person.

Pros: The wellness for employees are great. Insurance is good and decent co pay. Pay not bad but could be a little higher.
Family atmosphere
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 19, 2015
Pros: helping the community not only the patients.
Cons: not really any I can think of proud to work for this company
A small inner city hospital doing big things, makes you proud to be an employee and helping the patients and community. They help the patient medically, physically, socially, psychosocially and provides continuity after discharge.
Great Place To Work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Long Working hours and long commute
I went to work at 3:30 AM and I left at 12:00 Noon. I learned alot from my co-workers. My co-workers were very unstanding of me being new to the profession. Bon Secours hired me 6 months out of school. The hardest part of the job was the long working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients.
Physician Recruiter
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAApril 13, 2015
Bon Seocurs is a wonderful place to work. You definitely feel like one big family and you learn to work together and grow together. They really like to promot all their employees and better them.
Good job for just extra money not for a fulltime job
Patient Sitter (Current Employee), Baltimore, MD 21202April 12, 2015
Pros: flexable
I like the job just dont like the fact they you get cancelled alot but the staff is very friendly and helpful. the hardest part is actually getting hours to work they do call you in last minute
Productive work place with awesome coworkers
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
I get work every day at 7:45 and the first thing I do is clock in and check the fax machine closest to my desk. Even though my job consists of doing the same thing over and over again I still learn new things every day because the rules are always changing. My boss is amazing and approachable which creates an open and comfortable working experience. All of us coworkers get along great, we have the occasional gloomy/blue day, but who doesn't!
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help people. I also enjoy translating for Spanish-speaking patients.
Bon Secours
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Virginia Bach, Va.April 8, 2015
Bon Secours is a great organization to work for. The organization is fair and treats everyone with respect. We have great value mission's, and always wanting the employees to exceed.
productive work place
Laundry Aide (Former Employee), St.Petersburg, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: very friendly Staff
Cons: washing dirty laundry
I went from room to room collecting all the dirty laundry bringing it back to be sorted weighed and then washed. I opened the wash pulled the clothes out of the wash transferred them to the dryer and opened the dryer weighed the folded clothes
The clients are always interesting; however, it's a joy to service those in need.
Manager, Patient Access (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Too many meetings
The pay is great; however, there are numereous meetings that tend to take away from your daily activities and performance.
Productive Work Place
Addiction Counselor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2015
Provided rehabilitation case management and counseling to clients with opiate addictions. Clients receive one on one treatment services which is conducive to their treatment.
Very family oriented
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Warwick , NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Nice bunch of people to work with
Cons: Terrible lab management
Nice place to work up until a few years ago when management was changed in the lab. The new manager is more interested in the young girls running around and hires according to age and not experience. Never let's staff know what's going on.. Never any meeting. But always complaining about productivity.
Great place to work!
Care Management Specialist (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches from vendors, meeting new people and their families
Cons: Short lunch breaks (sometimes none), limited resources
This was a great company to work for, because of it's mission oriented, friendly, spiritual, and steadfast culture. Everyday was a challenge because of the nature of my job, which was helping those in need. The hardest part of my job was being in a situation where i couldn't hep due to circumstances beyond the facets of my job perimeter. I am a person who loves to interact with people and solve problems, so this job really served that purpose for me!
Great Place to work for.
Material Management (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great overall on everything if you dont mind physical work.
Cons: sometimes can be very busy and you cant fit in a break.
Typical Day - Either frantic or calm. Stock medical supplies, check the phones, keep your beeper on you, and paying attention to where your stocking.

Learned - how to use a pallet jack.

Management - He tries to make everyone happy.

Co-Workers - Great. They help you out and there for you.

Hard Part of Job - To me it's learning the hospital. The closets look kind of the same but are very different.

Enjoyable part - The people. They are friendly.
Clinic setting
Penny Mead, office manager (Current Employee), Powhatan, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: mon-fri
Cons: too busy without any co workers.
Setting and meeting the demands of various patients. Filing Insurance paperwork. Submitting insurance paper work. Meeting the demands of the medical doctor. Answering phone calls and sending the medical doctor med refill request.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system – Read more

Bon Secours Health System Salaries