Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

It's a fast-paced energetic place of employment with compassion, caring and excellence.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2015
A typical day includes admitting patients for induction or c/section. We monitor patients closely through out their stay. We have excellent teamwork. Being part of a women's most important day of her life( ie.becoming a mother) is the most satisfying part of my job.
awful
Intensive Care Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2015
awful place to work. I work during my lunch break and sometimes I even work over time because the person coming next calls out. Benefits are not even worth it
Average
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Richmond, Virginia St. MarysJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great mission, upper management is great.
Cons: Department level management could be improved.
Average experience working here. Typical issues seen with any hospital. Enjoy co-workers but lots of turnover and hires lots of new grads.
productive
Customer Service Repersentive (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2015
Overall a great experiance, management changes to much great company to work for, very helpful an friendly employees.
Also a great enviroment.
a new experience
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Saint Clair Shores, MIJune 27, 2015
came in contact with older patients
took pride in the cleaning job each day
Learned to prioritize
Learned to take pride in my job
Learned to work under unusual xirxumstances
Looking for a 32+ hour RN job closer to home
Registered Nurse, Interventional Radiology (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Love the job
Cons: Too far from home
Accomplished professional with over 20 years’ experience in real estate, nursing, and management. Demonstrated expertise in business management, people leadership, time management, communication, and organizational efficiency. Holds Clinician II and Trauma Nurse Core Course designations.
Summary
Director (Current Employee), EnterpriseJune 22, 2015
Pros: honest, ethical
Cons: none
BSHSI is a great place to work, love working for an organization where the motto is "Good Help To Those In Need". A solid reputation for quality and care in the Richmond area.
A very spiritual atmosphere, with good work values. Good employee engagement
Care Management Specialist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits & Tuition reimbursement
Cons: long days
A typical day at my job was basically corresponding with various facilities, home health & DME companies, and Outpatient infusion facilities to set up referrals for patients being discharged from the hospital and setting up follow up appointments. Co-workers and management were great and I enjoyed interacting with the patients and their families. Very rewarding experience!
Receptionist
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2015
very pleasant place to work nice people small organization serving the less fortunate and mental health issues best time of the job was in the morning it was the busiest
Nice place
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No real break
I enjoyed working for the Bon Secours Health System. The benefits are great!! I do have to say you must love working with children in order to truly enjoy your job. The was some gossip issues, but that is every where you go.
My review of my role as a Volunteer Liaison for Bon Secours
Volunteer Liaison (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Seeing the volunteers enjoy themselves each day
Cons: Lots of red tape when it comes to bringing on new volunteers
In a typical day as a Volunteer Liaison, I work to serve Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center by recruiting scheduling, screening, assisting, and supervising volunteers. The hands-down most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the volunteers. The most difficult part of my job is adapting to new regulations handed down by the hospital.
amazing coworkers abound
ADMINISTRATIVE NURSING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 5, 2015
We have an amzing staff at St Francis. We work together not only to provide the best patient care possible but to support each other through out the day
A mission based hospital business
Administrative Director of Imaging (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 3, 2015
Pros: misson based
Cons: too many senior level positions and not enough front line employees
A good place to work but the organization is trying to balance their mission goals with their business goals which is a very difficult balancing act.
My work family
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: not many advancement opportunities
I enjoy working here for many reasons; I have a great work-life balance, I get to work with people that I like and I help people every day. The best part is getting to see the outcome of great teamwork.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 1, 2015
Great place to work. Great tuition reimbursement. Great health, vision, and dental benefits. Flexible scheduling. Great equipment, very modern and easy to use.
Clinical experience
Emergency Room Patient Registrar (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Challenging, well paying, educational in the medical field
Cons: Inability to take sick leave, hours
I have learned different types of insurances and how they work. I am a team player, but within my current role as the only Patient Registrar on the 3rd shift, I have developed superior problem solving skills to be able to maneuver through an issue without the help of others. I am a forward thinker and enjoy new challenges, which I get to experience every shift that I work.
Bon Secours a good company to work for
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Marriottsville, MDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: People do not leave so no real room for growth
Bon Secours is a great company. The people here are nice and supportive.The only issue that you will find is that people like thier positions here and do not leave or grow. Most of the people in the Corporate office has been wiht the company over 10 years and normally in the same position or area. If you try to cross line is it very difficuly.
Always looking for competent staffing,at one time there was a waiting list to be employed at St. Mary's OR.
Clinical Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 17, 2015
Pros: all listed above
Cons: not everyone has the same work ethics
I have been in the Bon Secours Health System Inc. for 30 years, never considered leaving because my immediate director and manager are appreciative of my clinical skills and knowledge. I worked in a 20 – more... OR suite area, we do approximately 60 cases per day , that also includes Hear Bypass. Team work is great on most days, we never miss a lunch break and 2 15-minutes break.

My manager is very accommodating with flexing our work schedule and vacation time. We are never sent home due to decrease in case loads, but we may leave early if we wanted to. – less
Okay work place.
Patient Transportation (Former Employee), Grosse Pointe, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches once in awhile.
Cons: Short breaks
Typical day at work a hard working day. Management is not supportive. Most enjoyable part of the is putting a nice smile on the patients face.
great company. poor management and work environment
LPN (Former Employee), Richmond associated InternistMay 10, 2015
Pros: Leaving it all at the door
Cons: Poor pay, large work load with no real team work
I would never work for Bon Secours Associated Internist EVER again. The office is crowded and they heard patients in like cattle. The office manager is a drunk (happy drunk but never the less an alcoholic ) the PA is awful, has no compassion, rude to staff and just an unhappy person. Many of the physicians are wonderful but a few bad apples definitely spoil the bunch.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system – Read more

Bon Secours Health System Salaries