Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 1, 2016
I started off processing mail and then took a position billing insurance companies. I then took a position as an accounting clerk. I am so grateful for this company and all the experience I gained. I worked with a wonderful group. Bon Secours was a wonderful place to work.
Typical Work Day
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAFebruary 2, 2017
Start time is an hour or hour an half before school lets out to do documentation or other admin work. Treatments and rehabs follow immediately after school is let out and then after an hour so of that practice and/or game coverage begins.
healthcare
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2016
a lot of work and lack of staff, 2nd shift like in any hospital is a high demand time. the co workers are mostly travelers and are very helpful. I have been with the company 5 years and is currently a team leader and I love my job
Good environment to work in
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 14, 2016
-Work was steady
-Management was good
-Good working hours
-Good co-workers to work with
-They fed us lunch on the most busiest days
-Awarded the team for good performance
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
No pay increases or bonuses
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2016
i love this place of work very much you grow to to handle pressure well. This hospital is not just a hospital its a place of love and care. the PCTs and nurses are a family from a distants they listen, they understand and they care.
Poor Management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 25, 2016
Management promises anything to families to get them in the door, then cannot honor these commitments. Staffing is poor and there is no organization. Lower level management cannot make any decisions or changes without upper management approval. Upper management does not seem to know what is going on. Employees come and work as they please (come late and leave early). I see no accountability.
Pros
Co-workers - patients
Cons
Low pay rate
Human Resource Advisor Management
Human Resource Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2016
A typical work day is fast paced and you don't have time to get up to take a break or you will be scrutinized for it. I learned that this job is rough.
Pros
we get an hour lunch
Cons
No breaks, constantly monitored, micromanaged
Good working environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 17, 2016
Fast paced with changing priorities
Earned PTO hours
Mostly good coworkers
Care of patients
Active with community
Convenient location
Provided work uniforms
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Short breaks
Great place
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VADecember 23, 2016
Mostly worked with the MD's there. Been a while but small office below the hospital with many doctors on each side. Never crazy, very organized place. Managers really helped out in all aspects.
Behind the Times
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2017
Great slogans but poor management tactics and strategy. The onboarding was excellent, very well managed. Once handed off to local management things fell apart.
Pros
Good Onboarding
Cons
Management, Pay, Policies
second home
RRT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2017
Ive been an employee for over 10 years. The staff is fantastic. Love the patient population.
We have periods of being understaffed (like most hospitals) but the teamwork is amazing. Everyone works well together.
A typical day at work
Transaction Posting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2016
I get to work about 15 minutes early. Get my tea,clock in and get ready to start my work day.I able to talk with my co workers if I have any questions their is always some one to help.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks and free to move around doing the day.
Cons
Healthcare is to high
Okay Company
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 27, 2016
Started out as great compnay to work for with good benefits. Due to several management changes and no/low raises made it a less desireable company to work for.
Benefits
Cons
low or no raise
Craziness Indeed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 18, 2017
In working in the OR, the department was awesome. I learned a great deal and have many friends still from there.

When I transitioned over to healthcare quality......The CNE was absolutely crazy.
Great work life balance
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDAugust 7, 2016
Bon Secours is a great place to work. We used Lawson software which I found to be very user friendly. Management is terrific and co-workers were great team members.

I did not find a hard part of my job, everyone worked as a team and helped each other. There was always a open door policy.
Pros
Workout facilities and exercise groups
Rewarding Opportunity
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJuly 14, 2016
Bon Secours is a great place to work, overall. Satisfaction depends on the culture of the floor and management. Differing personalities can have a great effect on the overall satisfaction of all employees. The hardest part of the job is working with very little help on understaffed units. The most enjoyable part of the job learning your team and getting to know them while providing care to those who depend on you.
Leadership opportunity
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 13, 2016
Working as an emergency medical technician, you learn how to handle highly stressful situations and be a leader, as well as a team player. Definitely prepares you for my future job.
Bon Secours
LPN (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2017
LPN's do not get yearly raise. Most of the day is passing meds- there's not much time for anything else. Decent facility to work at for LTC. Nurse to pt ratio isn't small enough. CNA's have too many patients.
Bon Secours in Michigan prior to 2008 with great productive and cooperative environment as a Physical Therapist
Licensed Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIAugust 21, 2016
Learned great skills in both the acute hospital setting and outpatient setting for orthopedics, neurological diagnoses as well as overall general medical related debility.
I was with youth works
I mostly did secretary work (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2016
Me and 20 other teens ages 14 to 19 would go to different stations at the bon secours hospital on 2000 w.Baltimore street from June 2016 to august 2016
Pros
Free lunch, my co-workers are nice
Cons
It was only temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon Secours Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Bon Secours Health System Reviews by Location