Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 25, 2016
Management promises anything to families to get them in the door, then cannot honor these commitments. Staffing is poor and there is no organization. Lower level management cannot make any decisions or changes without upper management approval. Upper management does not seem to know what is going on. Employees come and work as they please (come late and leave early). I see no accountability.
Pros
Co-workers - patients
Cons
Low pay rate
Great Company to work
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work starts by opens hospital building door, daily monitoring thru out the hospital building either walking or thru videos monitoring. Driving around the hospital parking lot. The hardest part of the job is taking body down to the morgue.
Typical Work Day
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAFebruary 2, 2017
Start time is an hour or hour an half before school lets out to do documentation or other admin work. Treatments and rehabs follow immediately after school is let out and then after an hour so of that practice and/or game coverage begins.
Great mission and vision
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2016
The hospital is a great place to work. The mission is to be "good help" and that's what we provide". The CEO is awesome and supportive. The benefit and leave package is amazing. Community Works is my favorite program.
Great work life balance
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDAugust 7, 2016
Bon Secours is a great place to work. We used Lawson software which I found to be very user friendly. Management is terrific and co-workers were great team members.

I did not find a hard part of my job, everyone worked as a team and helped each other. There was always a open door policy.
Pros
Workout facilities and exercise groups
Cons
Busy and its a great place to learn
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 16, 2017
Its a great place to learn. There is a lot of room for growth and I enjoy knowing that I helped or that I am able to help someone's life.
Mission and Values
HR employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2016
Don't quite align with culture of environment. Those with families should be aware of the absenteeism (write up) policy before joining.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Strict policies
Great place to work.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 1, 2016
I started off processing mail and then took a position billing insurance companies. I then took a position as an accounting clerk. I am so grateful for this company and all the experience I gained. I worked with a wonderful group. Bon Secours was a wonderful place to work.
Craziness Indeed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 18, 2017
In working in the OR, the department was awesome. I learned a great deal and have many friends still from there.

When I transitioned over to healthcare quality......The CNE was absolutely crazy.
second home
RRT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2017
Ive been an employee for over 10 years. The staff is fantastic. Love the patient population.
We have periods of being understaffed (like most hospitals) but the teamwork is amazing. Everyone works well together.
healthcare
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2016
a lot of work and lack of staff, 2nd shift like in any hospital is a high demand time. the co workers are mostly travelers and are very helpful. I have been with the company 5 years and is currently a team leader and I love my job
Great place
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VADecember 23, 2016
Mostly worked with the MD's there. Been a while but small office below the hospital with many doctors on each side. Never crazy, very organized place. Managers really helped out in all aspects.
Not The best, but ok
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 5, 2015
Tech supervisor is hard to deal with but I don't know how longer she will be there. Going through a transitional phase right now, morale is low now but usually is very high. Lots of very experienced technicians and pharmacists. Upper pharmacy management is good. Very little competitiveness, everyone is really willing to teaching you anything you want to know, but be careful, the more you know the more your schedule gets jerked around. Great pay and benefits, if your willing to sacrifice your home/family life.
Pros
Great co-workers, Great pay! Up to date technology, get to leave the pharmacy at the door when you leave!
Cons
Poor technician management, Really bad scheduling
good intro to ER
ER Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Warwick, NYJanuary 15, 2017
provided services in the emergency room prepping beds and cleaning stations. Helped patients with whatever they needed and ran lab specimens for orders filled
Pros
free lunches
Bureaucratic greedy organization
NP (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 3, 2016
Dedicated staff but feel the talk about mission is just that, talk. Bon Secours likes getting paid despite their non-profit status. Case in point, Redskins deal with Richmond City.
Also in the last year, Bon Secours has added half a dozen new upper level management/administrators to the medical group while the entire organization is under a 'budget crunch' .
Seems like an odd sense of priorities while we can't hire diabetic educators and get the supplies we need.
Incompetent and unprofessional people/managers keep their jobs based on who they know regardless of complaints.
Pros
Opportunity to move around in organization
Cons
Mediocre pay, Vacation also includes federal holidays
Leadership opportunity
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 13, 2016
Working as an emergency medical technician, you learn how to handle highly stressful situations and be a leader, as well as a team player. Definitely prepares you for my future job.
A typical day at work
Transaction Posting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2016
I get to work about 15 minutes early. Get my tea,clock in and get ready to start my work day.I able to talk with my co workers if I have any questions their is always some one to help.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks and free to move around doing the day.
Cons
Healthcare is to high
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2016
i love this place of work very much you grow to to handle pressure well. This hospital is not just a hospital its a place of love and care. the PCTs and nurses are a family from a distants they listen, they understand and they care.
Good
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Good place to work as a provider in richmond area. I also love working here just in general. It is a company of women leaders and support women in the work place.
Productive place to work
Cerner Go-Live Ambulatory Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 9, 2016
pleasant working environment, knowledgeable and courteous group of health care workers. Workplace is comfortable and nice, colleagues are helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon Secours Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Bon Secours Health System Reviews by Location