Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System Employer Reviews

It is a difficult task and position going in as a consultant
Medical Consultant (Former Employee), Port Jervis, NYJune 1, 2014
Pros: traveling, hotel amenities, new teams to work with, challenges
Cons: traveling, getting to know a team and having to leave when the contract is over
The hardest part of the job at first was being away from home in very cold weather and snow. However, after a couple of weeks you get used to it and learn to depend on your team members as your pseudo-family as you are away from yours. It is also interesting to learn new places, policies, and how thier office policies and procedures differ from those you have been accustomed to previously.
Friendly and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 22, 2014
A great hospital to learn and grow as a nurse. A clean and enjoyable work environment.
Magnet facility
RN (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 22, 2014
The Nursing Administration reinforces and follows Magnet philosophy on a daily basis.
Nurse on a busy, exciting general surgery floor
Registered Nurse ClinI (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 19, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers with great teamwork.
Provide comprehensive care to medical/surgical patients in busy, 24 bed general surgery unit. I participate in coordinating discharge planning with a multidisciplinary team. I administer care to patients and use my clinical skills with phlebotomy, blood administration, Foley catheter care, medication administration, wound care, surgical drains care, ostomy/urostomy care, NGTs, central venous catheter care, TPN, PEG feedings/care.
Loved working with people that needed help
CNA (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 12, 2014
Pros: seeing people get well
Cons: when a death occurs
Loved working with patients at this company. helping people feel and get well was a delight for me.
Productive and busy place to work for
Insurance Authorization Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 5, 2014
healthcare is a great industry. That has good job security.
My work place
LPN (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 2, 2014
I attribute everything I have learned to my fellow co-workers over the last 21 years and couldn't have asked for a better manager. I consider my co-workers part of my family and look forward to seeing them. A typical work day is taking care of a variety of post-op patients from PACU, along with some medical patients.
Great Opportunity
Customer Service A/P (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 30, 2014
Pros: make you want to help people more.
Cons: not enoug time to to resolve issues
High pace environment. must meet quota daily. Fast work place must be able to perform. Great staff. A company that gives back to the community and families. Treat employees good. Meeting are the best, games fun and food
very prouctive and a clean place to work
Recreation Lead (PRN) (Current Employee), ST.Pete FLApril 29, 2014
I have learned working at marie manor treat people with respect and the level they have in the company and the team will maintain a work relationship
Good Experience
Surgical Attendant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 21, 2014
Pros: experience, benefits.
Cons: distance from home, drama, poor management.
Great learning environment. Helpful Co-Workers. Opinions are NOT taken into consideration most of the time. There is a lot of unnecessary drama. Great benefits.
Bon Secours
Monitor Tech/Secretary (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 16, 2014
I have enjoyed working 8 years for Bon Secours. The place of hard working people
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), MMRCApril 15, 2014
Pros: helps with school
Cons: n/a
My day is very busy . The company is a great place to work. You have to work as a team . Everyone here is a team player.
World Class Company
Staff RN, Emergency Department (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAApril 10, 2014
Wonderful environment to work in
Caring excellently trained nurses
Culture of compassion
Great pay
Encourages advancement and giving back to the community
Magnet hospitals
Very Good
Histotechnologist (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 29, 2014
It is great company.
They have a great culture.
Very diverse
Supervisor and crew are very open to opinion.
I like it
A wonderful company with an amazing mission!
WELLNESS COORDINATOR/HEALTH COACH (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2014
I wake up everyday happy to go to work and help those I work with improve their health and wellness, I'm blessed. Its a great company because of its values, leader engagment and kindness to the community.
Steady and good place to work
Rehab Technician (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: hour lunch break, management
Cons: unpaid holidays, no sick leave
Makes sure the clinic is functioning to treat patients for physical therapy.
Answers phones, schedule patients for follow-up appointments, collects co-pays, create and file patient charts.
Management is great. Very flexible.
Co-workers are easy to get along with, flexible and caring.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of advancement opportunities in my particular position.
The most enjoyable part is the daily interaction with different people who all have different backgrounds.
great place to learn
cna (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 19, 2014
great place to work. i worked here during nursing school on weekends.
a organized enviorment peaceful no drama.
Certified medical office Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch if possible
Cons: hospital setting
a typical day at work is working in a hospital setting maybe front office. Providing excellent team building skills.i have learned to run the front ,Maintain a sense of humor under pressure. The Hardest part of my job for me is public speaking.I hope to land a job where that will become a better skill for me.The most enjoyable part of the job for me is helping the customers be cause they come first.
Fun Place to Work, Great Co Workers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2014
Great place to work, lots of training, good availability of advancement, great discount in the cafeteria, great vacation benefits and health benefits.
Wonderful Place, Wonderful People, Wonderful Experiences
Registrar (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAMarch 8, 2014
This position requires not only efficient and quality data entry, but a unremarkable level of world class compassion and care to create a lasting impression on patients in their times of uncertainty. The registrar fulfills this important role of being the face of the hospital for patients and visitors while admitting/directing them to their needed destination. I have to have a detailed knowledge of: every department within the building, medical terminology, physician names and practices to be able to provide accurate directions for patients' different procedures. Primary duties include: meeting and greeting patients/families and beginning the medical record, both written and electronic. I am responsible for quality patient registrations by obtaining thorough and accurate information, timely and efficiently, and entering this data correctly into our system. My specific duty as an emergency room registrar collects the patient’s chief complaint and enters their arrival into our system. I have to have a working knowledge and history with a wide array medical terminology to initially assess each patient’s acuity, sense stroke and heart attack symptoms, respiratory distress, circulation and chest pain to notify a nurse immediately. I must have knowledge of specific follow up questions to assess severity as well. I enter demographic data into the system, collect any copayments/coinsurances/deductibles as well as verify health insurance coverage or offer them different financial solutions for uninsured patients. Secondary Duties include; conducting end of day money reports, keeping the monthly employee copay log up to date, faxing all supporting documents to the finance department, deposit any cash and check collections for Dunbar pickup, weekend outpatient cover for any Saturday patients coming in with an X-ray Order: I schedule the patients visit, transcribe doctor's orders, linking it electronically with the patient's information, and signing in those patients

About Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system – Read more

Bon Secours Health System Photos