Bon Secours Health System

Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

Bad Place to work
ED Tech (Former Employee) –  Memorial Regional Medical Center,VAOctober 21, 2012
Place is no good to work. They dont promote a productive work enviroment. Management is all for themselves and will throw anyone under the bus to include blackballing you from working anywhere else and if your working there part time will cause you to lose your full time career. They will get involved into your personal life eventhough its none of their concern. Management will down the techs/ Paramedics that make the Er run and support RN's and continue to give them raises. Management will support the nursing force and not do what is morally correct.
Cons
management, security, hr, administration, will blackball you from other employment
Great benefits
RN-ASN, CCRN Clinical Nurse I, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 22, 2015
SUPPORTS WORKING MOTHERS, supports growth and development. Ample opportunities to growth within the organization. Managers support staff and promote teamwork. Pay is competitive.
Effective workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 8, 2016
Effective workplace to work in. helped with peoples health so a position with a cause. I was able to meet a lot of good people at Bon Secour. It was very fulfilling and helped me to appreciate life in a profound way
Good pay...that's about it
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2015
I only worked here through my orientation period which was horrible. I was made to rush into tasks I was not prepared for and was not offered adequate education opportunities. I did not feel supported by other coworkers or management, most coworkers from travel agencies.
Pros
pay
Cons
orientation, staff, paper charting, lack of materials
Professional Work Place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 15, 2015
Bon Secoures Health System is a very professional work place environment. The employees work with each other, help each other by solving problems, and the management is very professional at all time. Bon Secoures have strict value guidelines which I believe is very good in the environment. They are Respect, Justice, Integrity, Stewardship, Compassion,Quality, Growth,and Innovation.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, Over time
Cons
Short of staff
good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 28, 2015
Great place to start your nursing career. great team player and busy pace to work. co-worker are very hardworking and helpful.
Good Help
Human Resources Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 16, 2014
This job consists of service advisors on the phones taking calls from employees about HR related questions or concerns. This is one of those jobs that allows you to touch on every part of HR so it is a valuable learning experience but unless you love talking to people all day it is not the kind of job that I would want to consider as a career. We search for answers to questions we don't know as well as create cases and escalate to other parts of the HR circle. Questions that have to do with benefits, talent, compensation, and sending employee records to be filled out or scanned into their files. I do enjoy the feeling of telling someone somehting that they may not have known before they called in.
Pros
could be the key to advancement within hr
Cons
phone center environment - not for me.
Patient Access Rep
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2016
Great company to work for with great pay really enjoyed my time at this job. This job hires great people of you are looking for a fun great job. Bon secours is the way to go.
Pros
Great Pay
Excellent
TSA (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 17, 2015
Great people that care. Awesome environment. The work was enjoyable and face paced. Management is awesome and always willing to listen to suggestion.
great first job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYAugust 25, 2015
Bon Secours Community Hospital provided a great learning environment with everyone willing to help. Staff members are great, never hesitating to help and management as well. I learned communication skills with patients, doctors and other workers. I learned about medications, how to administer them, major side effects, and medications that have parameters. Didn't get to see a wide range of patients but learned how everyone is individual and how to adjust care.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
staffing
Awesome Place to Work
Various Administrative/ Clerical Positions (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 29, 2015
This place is amazing, the staff is kind and loving and the management is understanding yet firm. The culture here is like a big family.
Amazing Place To Work
WELLNESS COORDINATOR/HEALTH COACH (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 5, 2014
I walk into the office everyday and help employees with health coaching, answering questiosn related to our wellness incentives and benefits, create and manage progams, do ergonomic evaluations when needed, present at different functions and teach classes related to health and wellness. The hardest part of my job is not being able to talk face to face with each person daily about what's happening in Employee Wellness. I love connecting with people and helping those around me become healthier and stronger! I've learned to be real and honest with people and meet someone were they are.
Pros
the mission of bon secours is very strong, good work life balance, employee gatherings, pay increases yearly
Cons
n/a
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work. Developed their employees to the Maximum. Supportive management with all aspect of employees development.
incredible benefit package however...
LPN (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 31, 2012
your passion is necessary and will be challenged on a day to day basis given our current healthcare situation, with the way certain facilities are compensated and staffed even equipped. there are many micro-expectations with the nursing home portion of this company for the sake of customer service. you will see first hand that customers (families) will have unreal expectations that are even promised for the sake of a admission, and ultimately hurt the long term goals for everyone... that can sometimes compromise if not handicap the overal benefit of the patient and their purpose for being there. again...benefit wise, and spiritual environment is a plus...but balance frustration with patient care and empathy, and you should last as long as your next opportunity
Pros
benefits, patients
Cons
lack of equipment, consistent support from management, staffing
Excellent place to work
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2015
This is a solid employer. Great place to work for career-minded people, with many advancement opportunities. This company is active in the community with lots of charitable functions and chances for you to give back.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
not much family time
My work family
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 1, 2015
I enjoy working here for many reasons; I have a great work-life balance, I get to work with people that I like and I help people every day. The best part is getting to see the outcome of great teamwork.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
not many advancement opportunities
Warm and friendly work environment with dedicated and supportive staff members working together as a team to complete a goal.
Central Supply Technician/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, South CarolinaJune 14, 2012
St. Francis Bon Secours in Greenville, SC is a clean and productive work environment with a dedicated and supportive staff whose objective is to meet patient care goal to the highest quality there is on a continuous basis. The staff is professional and well trained in their job duties and apply themselves in that manner. The facilities are well kept, maintained and well equipped to meet the patient's needs on a continuous and regular basis. All in all I would recommend this facility to any one who chooses to be employed there.
Pros
health benefits, vacation package etc.
Cons
employee relation, feedback between employee and management.
Excellent place to work, warm supportive culture
R.N. (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYOctober 20, 2015
I really enjoy working at OLBH, management , and co-worker's provide caring supportive environment .It is a workplace that provides opportunities to grow and flourish
Our billing department was in a two story house. So, we didn't get to interact a lot.
Medical Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYOctober 5, 2015
I can't say that this was one of my favorite jobs. They have since moved and I hear it is much better and far more professional. Since my experience was on the Third Party Payer side, I didn't do much but answer phones,file and take payments. I have to say, I prefer something more challenging, But, billing is a lot different than analyzing, especially when you are used to Part B Medicare and this is Part A Medicare. So, I can't complain too much. I think the hardest part of my job was having to sit in the small "pantry" taking phone calls with a little old lady who was about to retire and she was mean as a snake. I have to say, she made me run to the bathroom and cry on a couple of occasions. I did miss a lot of work while I was there, due to the problems with my husband and I didn't qualify for FMLA. But, they were understanding about his situation. If I don't relocate when I graduate, I may try to get back on there now that they are in a better place.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Cramped up office
Lovely place to work!
Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 9, 2014
I answer and make calls to and from patients, doctor's offices and hospital departments. I handle doctors orders that are faxed in from patients and doctors offices.

The management is really nice, but cracks down hard when policies aren't being followed.

Everyone I work with is really nice, happy to work there, sometimes brings in goodies to share. No drama to be had, really.

Hardest part of the job is trying to deal with people that aren't flexible in their schedules, and don't realize I'm helping them not get a huge bill from a hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling appreciated from patients that needed help and I could provide that help and solve their problems.

What I was taught was that insurance companies need time to authorize procedures and how to handle unruly customers and when to say I can't help you when it's beyond my accessibility as per my job allows. But then I would direct them to whom could help them more than I could.
Pros
friendly coworkers, nice management, great benefits
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon Secours Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Bon Secours Health System Reviews by Location