Bon Secours Health System Employee Reviews

fun and learning enviroment place to work
Information Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 17, 2017
working at the hospital let me see the inside of the medical field and how everything runs throughout the hospital which was a great experience , management was great and they was always understanding when situations came up
Pros
good timing breaks, good management
Cons
n/a
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Orthopedics) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23226March 8, 2017
Great place to learn basic nursing skills and overall tasks. Can be stressful and heavy workloads and limited staff. Low pay and too much work. Poor management. Not a place to stay long-term.
Pros
Learn new skills
Cons
Poor pay and too much workload
Hectic, loving buy lunch on your badge
Med Call Center Telecom Agent (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 6, 2017
Typical day 2 to 300 calls. I learned: Listening and organizational skills. We engage in pot-lucks and department outings. Hardest part not being able to help someone
Busy and enteraining environment makes the time go fast
Phlebotomist/EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Warwick, NYMarch 6, 2017
A typical day at work consists of pulling up lab orders on our handheld computer and individually making our rounds to collect blood samples. The hardest part of the day is the morning rush, however, once it slows down a bit the day is more relaxing. The most enjoyable part of the day is making a difference for the patients; showing compassion and understanding for their situation is always key.
Pros
experience with traumas
Cons
very, very low pay
i love my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 6, 2017
i love my job and the poeple i met and got know its was a fun job a typical work day wood started like this i go and do my rounds and vital sign i learned alot about poeple and they health most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new poeple all walks of life and from all around the world ....
Pros
only working the weekends
Encouraging place to work where your job matters
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 6, 2017
Bon Secours Health System cares about their mission to bring good help to those in need. They do their best to encourage employees to do their best work each day, so that the lives they touch is positive and impactful.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Difficult schedule
Good work life balance, but not great patient care
Physician/Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 4, 2017
ICU is busy at any given time. High acuity and higher census the normal norm mostly due to high chronic disease burden in the community. One can learn fast how to navigate in high pace life in ICU.
Management at hospital level tries to accomplish many things, but don't get right support from the corporation.
Staff is cooperative , and would do anything for the patient. Unfortunately, due to chronic shortage of nurses adequate staffing in ICU is an issue. Collaboration between staff and physician is very good.
Pros
good benefits, right mission, and good cooperation from staff/physician
Cons
shortage of staff, turnover of mid level management, old facility
Hospice RN no work life balance
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 3, 2017
Poorly operated, chronically short staffed, very little clinical support. Horrible work culture. Medicare standards are merely a suggestion, which begs the question of ethical standards. Would not recommend this job to other nurses until substantial changes take place within the organization.
benefits
Cons
short staffed, over worked, poor work culture.
Fast paced.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 3, 2017
Management sets the tone and standards of what is expected and encouraged. Your goal is to provide help to those in need.
Great workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 2, 2017
they have great benefits and hours to fit busy schedules, they always have ways to better educate yourself they will get you monitor tech certified and more.
Great Company to work for
Food Associate III (Current Employee) –  West Ashley, SCMarch 2, 2017
Good job opportunities and opportunity to advance. Great benefits including PTO, insurance, etc.Great company to work for overall
Great place to work - had the best boss ever
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 2, 2017
Great place to work even though a hospital system is very challenging work for finance employees. Had the best boss ever! Wonderful co-workers. The mission is to heal and provide good help.
Good Experience
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 2, 2017
I come from a liberal arts background so my time at Bon Secours was eye opening. My position gave me an excellent crash course in health care administration for which I benefitted immensely. I really enjoyed the time I spent with my intelligent, hard working, and recklessly upbeat coworkers.
Pros
Job Security, camaraderie with coworkers
Cons
stress, heavy workload, lack of upward mobility, salary below market value
Iv's
PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2017
A typical work day would be to put in an IV, draw patients blood, the hardest part of my job would be trying to find a patients vein to draw blood for tests
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoy working for Bon Secours. Great work/life balance. Management seems to care about your well being on and off the clock. I plan to retire from Bon Secours.
Productive and fun workplace
Desktop Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 28, 2017
Typical workday - trouble heat tickets sent to the queue, re-image PC's, and go to meetings. A very great place to work. Hands down the best job I have ever had.
Pros
free lunches, flexible, friendly staff and management, great work envrionment
Cons
commute
Wonderful coworkers but management needs help
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 27, 2017
I love the philosophy of Bon Secours but the Management needs some work. Many instances of unsafe practice viewed to be ok.
lpn bon secours
LPN (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 27, 2017
i love the team i work with. management can be an issue. i work at a doctors office it can be stressful when you feel like your doing 3 jobs at once because youre under staffed.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
no over, no advancement
great atmosphere.
St Mary's Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 27, 2017
it was always a pleasure gong to work, the team was very enthusiastic and eager to help with any questions i had, management was very nice and helpful.
Pros
great place
Productive working environment
LPN Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 26, 2017
Bon Secours Health System is a family like atmosphere that treats patients holistically. These facilities will treat physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon Secours Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval