Bonaventure Senior Living Employee Reviews

Great Company with Great Values
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 21, 2017
I am a new to the Bonaventure Team, but in the time that I have been here I have seen so many things that have confirmed my reason for leaving the company I came here from.
The team I work with specifically as well as the staff we support all have the same visions. That truly is for people to see Retirement Perfected! The goal is to allow for seniors to live retirement the way they want and with Bonaventure, they get that.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Great Pay, Exceptional Management Team, & Hands-On Owner
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about Bonaventure Senior Living
November 27, 2017

Thank you so much and welcome to the team! We are very pleased you enjoy working with Team Bonaventure so much. Feel free to send me more details or any thoughts or questions anytime and we can continue to improve and offer Senior residents Retirement Perfected: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Great Company
QMAP/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 7, 2017
If you stay focused you can move forward with this company you grow to love the people you work with and most of all the residents they make Bonaventure
November 10, 2017

Thank you for being a valuable part of Team Bonaventure! Thanks for the positive feedback and feel free to send me a note anytime if you can think of anything else we can do to make them more enjoyable for our awesome residents: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Horrible experience! I was verbally and mentally harassed and sabotaged by current employees there and management allowed them to harass
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 19, 2017
Being harassed for 2.5 months watching current employees steal&abuse the resident that live there. Employees steal narcotics.no morals or respect from anyone.
Pros
Cons
Poor management decions. Employees that are bad people working as a trainer.
October 23, 2017

Thank you for your comment and I am sorry that you left us with this unfortunate perception. As a company, we are proud to have an open door policy and of the high level of integrity of our awesome Bonaventure team. We value each and every one of our employees and we will continuously strive to improve as we move forward. If you would like to send me more details in reference to your concern, please feel free to e-mail me at: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Residents Residents Residents
care giver (Current Employee) –  OregonOctober 13, 2017
For me, its all about the residents. My senior residents make every day coming to work a blessing. I enjoy working with and around seniors and plan to do so as my career progresses here at Bonaventure.
Pros
my residents
Cons
none really
October 23, 2017

Thank you for being such a valuable part of Team Bonaventure! We really appreciate it when somebody takes the time to share what they enjoy most about working with our Senior residents. Thanks again and feel to send me a note anytime if you can think of anything else we can do to make them more enjoyable for our awesome residents: Gashby@livebsl.com.

recently promoted
Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonOctober 12, 2017
I have been employed at BSL for 3 years. I have been given the chance to train, learn, grow and advance. I love the company and what we stand for. Our residents are the most important aspect and we know that. HO can be demanding, but I enjoy the challenge and look forward to continuing my career here.
Pros
long term stability
October 16, 2017

Thank you for being a valuable part of Team Bonaventure for three years! We really glad you appreciate our training, learning, growth and our opportunities for advancement. Thanks again and feel to send me a note anytime if you can think of anything else we can do to make them more enjoyable for our awesome residents: Gashby@livebsl.com.

I am hard working and organized and like it!
AED (Current Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 11, 2017
I have been at my community for just over a year. I love my residents and the staff, both on-site and at the home office. We are pushed to work hard, but our seniors are worth it. I also believe the advancement opportunities are wonderful.
Pros
the residents
Cons
more training would be beneficial
October 12, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are so glad you love Team Bonaventure and our awesome residents! Feel free to send me more details or any thoughts or questions anytime and we can continue to improve: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Growing all the time
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 10, 2017
I started here less than a year ago and we are opening new communities in 3 different states. The growth potential is very good and the training is getting better. I hope to be an ED within a year.
Pros
growth and advancement
Cons
long hours and holidays
October 12, 2017

Thank you for being a valuable part of Team Bonaventure. We are glad you are taking advantage of our growth potential and training! Please send me a note if there is anything we can do to assist in promotion opportunities: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Good Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonOctober 10, 2017
I like working at Bonaventure. It is very quick paced and you have to stay on top of your job to stay ahead. It is rewarding and I enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
good growth potential
Cons
not always flexible
October 12, 2017

Thank you for the comment. We are so glad you appreciate how rewarding it is working with Team Bonaventure!

I really enjoyed working at Bonaventure!
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 7, 2017
I loved going to work every day! My co-workers were the nicest people ever and the residents were so sweet. If you work hard and are good at your job you are rewarded.
Pros
Management, benefits, work family balance.
October 12, 2017

Thank you! We really glad you appreciate Team Bonaventure end our awesome residents. Thanks again and feel to send me a note anytime if you can think of anything else we can do to make them more enjoyable for our residents: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Bonaventure Senior Living
Past Employee (Former Employee) –  Salmon Creek, WASeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work can vary day to day depending on whats going on. I've learned a lot with the company, but not a whole lot to advance. The management could be better in a few departments, but not all. The work place culture can be depressing at times not everyone there is there to work nor do they love their job, their just there for the money. The hardest part of my job would have to always staying busy as there isn't always something to do. I enjoy interacting with the residents the most. Its always fun to hear their background and life story.
September 22, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are so glad you learned a lot as a valuable member of Team Bonaventure and you enjoyed interacting with our awesome residents. Feel free to send me more details or any thoughts or questions anytime and we can continue to improve: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 16, 2017
I was a manager, I really loved my job as program director but the hours I worked was 350+ per month and with being paid at a rate of 16.85 per hour but salary i was working for pennies and no family time. The Ed I had at the time was non supportive and cut throat all the way. I would still be there if corp heard my frustrations
Pros
Little micro management
Cons
Too many hours, pay
September 18, 2017

Thank you for your comments and your feedback. We so happy you loved your job! As a Company, we take great pride in being very supportive. We value each and every one of our employees and we will continuously strive to improve as we move forward. If you would like to send me more details in reference to your concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Love my job!
Care giver (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 15, 2017
Bonaventure is a great place to work They really care about their employees and the senior residents. There is a great culure here. I feel like it's one big family. I love coming to work everyday.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
September 18, 2017

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are so glad you appreciate how much we care about our employees and residents. We love having awesome people like you as part of the Bonaventure Family! Feel free to send me more details or any thoughts or questions anytime and we can continue to improve: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Great place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 15, 2017
Bonaventure is a great place to work. I loved the environment and culture within the company. I highly recommend Bonnaventure Senior Living. I loved going to work everyday! My family relocated or I would still be there.
September 18, 2017

Thank you! We really appreciate it when somebody takes the time to share what they enjoyed most about working with Team Bonaventure!

Work hard and get rewarded
RCC (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoy working at Bonaventure, the culture is improving and we are growing at a really good pace. Work hard and learn your position because promotions can take place rather quickly. I hope to stay with Boanventre for years to come and see this as a great career opportuity if you enjoy senior living.
Pros
good people to work with and the residents are fantastic
Cons
Census is important, but sometimes its consuming
September 15, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are so glad you appreciate our continuously improving culture and our quality promotion policy. We look forward to having you on Team Bonaventure for years to come! Feel free to send me any thoughts or questions anytime: Gashby@livebsl.com.

It's a nice job to start with
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WASeptember 5, 2017
Depending on what time you go in is what you get to do. I went in in the afternoons and as soon as I got there i had to make coffee and start putting waters out on the tables so the residents had something to drink. when the manager told you it was time to take orders you had your own tables to take orders from and send them to the kitchen and later bring out their food. You had to make sure they had other drinks if asked for besides water and start busting at a certain time to be finished on time.
September 8, 2017

Thank you! We really appreciate it when somebody takes the time to share what they enjoyed about working at one of our beautiful communities. Thanks again and feel to send me a note anytime if you can think of anything else we can do to make them more enjoyable for our awesome residents: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Relaxed humble enviorment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bonaventure, even though some would consider it a stressful environment, as for myself i loved the company as well as the residents.
September 5, 2017

Thank you! We really appreciate it when somebody takes the time to share what they enjoyed most about working with Team Bonaventure. Thanks again and feel to send me a note anytime if you can think of anything else we can do to make them more enjoyable for our awesome residents: Gashby@livebsl.com.

This place is a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAAugust 29, 2017
Don't work here. The management is ridiculously rude to certain staff and treat them like a red headed step child. Residents needs go unhandled for weeks and months at a time. The thing I notice most is the fact that getting the new residents in was much more important than anything else. The almighty dollar... Greed does not belong in a place like this...
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Yes they're con artists.
September 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your concerns. We are truly sorry that you left us with this unfortunate perception. Making sure that each and every one of our Senior residents are well taken care of is our top priority. As a company, we will continually strive to improve and stay focused on our mission… to deliver Retirement Perfected to all of our Senior residents. I encourage you to please reach out to me at any time, as your input is always appreciated: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Poor upper management and cultural issues
RCC (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 29, 2017
Was bullied on several occasions by home office. They don't provide you adequate training but will threaten to term you for not doing it right. They say "support is always here when you ask." We asked for support on several occasions and we never received it. The staff moral needs work. Corporate management focused too much on pushing sales and not enough on resident care. If your resident care and staff morale is there then the census will follow, not the other way around! In my opinion, corporate management needs staff morale and culture training for Bonaventure to improve.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Almost everything else
September 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your concern. We value each and every one of our employees and we will continuously strive to improve as we move forward. We do believe that training our employees, embracing our Bonaventure culture, taking great care of our residents and building a strong staff morale are all very important! I encourage you to please send me more details in reference to your concern. You are welcome to e-mail me at: Gashby@livebsl.com.

Enjoyable work and a really good team to grow with
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  WashingtonAugust 25, 2017
I have been employed for just over a year. The team I work with is hard working and fun. Night shift can be harder, but working days is better as we get to interact with more of the residence which is very cool.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Some of the care staff cleaning duties.
August 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you enjoy working with Team Bonaventure and our resident interaction. If you have any thoughts on how we can improve our awesome resident care at your community, please send them my way: GAshby@livebsl.com.

We really are retirement perfected
Sales (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 25, 2017
My work is rewarding, but can be stressful. I enjoy the team at the Home office and everyone appears to work hard but still enjoy it. I plan to work here for a long time.
Pros
401k program is great
Cons
Can be stressful
August 25, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad you enjoy working as a valuable part of Team Bonaventure at the Home Office and you find your job is rewarding!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonaventure Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8