Bonded Building & Engineering serves the New York energy efficiency market as a young, and rapidly growing organization that creates and implements sophisticated and innovative solutions to the challenges facing America’s buildings. As a regional energy services organization, Bonded provides its services to New York’s buildings. Bonded is on the web at www.BondedBuilding.com.
Bonded is seeking a qualified senior energy auditor to support multifamily, commercial, institutional, and residential energy efficiency programs in New York. Candidates must possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of high performance HVAC and green design. He or she will oversee the energy auditing of existing, primarily residential, buildings and the energy modeling for new facilities. The Senior Energy Auditor will provide technical leadership and supervision to junior engineers and other staff involved in Bonded's auditing/modeling work. The Senior Energy Auditor will work collaboratively with the Energy Services team to analyze buildings to encourage energy efficiency and green building in New York City and the surrounding region.
The Senior Energy Auditor independently conducts energy audits of multifamily, commercial, institutional, and residential buildings, provides engineering analysis at both the project and program levels, designs and manages retrofit projects, performs green building assessments, and conducts a variety of technology and market assessments. The Senior Energy Auditor engages in research, data analysis, energy modeling and report production as needed to complete a range of project types. He or she is expected to be a self-starter, an independent problem solver, and a strong team-player.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct energy audits and in-field energy assessments, on-site diagnostics, field data collection and analysis;
- Lead and review facility audits, feasibility studies and reports, as they relate to projects;
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal quality assurance procedures;
- Conduct technical peer review;
- Work with senior engineering staff in managing energy retrofit projects including development/review of technical studies and installations;
- Perform/review calculations and assumptions used to estimate or measure savings due to energy efficiency projects;
- Perform commissioning and retro-commissioning;
- Perform energy modeling and building simulations;
- Perform renewable energy feasibility assessments;
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of baseline and replacement energy using equipment;
- Communicate with contractors and clients regarding program requirements;
- Write energy and green building assessment reports based on analytic findings which include detailed equipment specifications and cost savings analysis to summarize results and to recommend savings amounts and incentive payments.
Note: These job responsibilities may be revised over time to ensure the functional responsiveness of the Senior Energy Auditor to Bonded and Federal and State program requirements.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Architecture, environmental science, construction management or other sustainability related field, with a demonstrated interest in energy conservation and building science preferred; The ability to receive PE certification within +/- 1 year, or having PE certification strongly preferred;
- Minimum of two years' experience in multifamily and /or commercial building energy engineering;
- Knowledge of building systems, including HVAC, lighting technologies, building envelope, mechanical systems and combustion science energy efficiency technologies, green building and high performance design;
- Knowledge of energy efficiency program design and implementation or related environmental programs is a strong plus;
- Understanding of marketing strategy and market analysis techniques is a strong plus;
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Experience with energy modeling applications such as Treat, and eQuest are a strong plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused;
- Certified Energy Manager and Retro-commissioning agent certification is preferred;
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Knowledge and understanding of Local Law 87 and other related codes;
- Familiarity with utility, local, state and federal incentive and rebate programs;
- Ability to perform cost savings analyses and fuel data analyses;
- Sound technical writing skills and experience;
- Home Energy Rating Systems (HERS) rater certification preferred
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification preferred
- Experience with the use of energy modeling software a plus, i.e., EnergyPro, TREAT, EA-QUIP, eQUEST, DOE2 programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft software, including Excel but also Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Salary is commensurate with experience
Indeed - 18 months ago