Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews in United States

My first serving job
Server/Bar Tender (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 8, 2016
Ive been with the company almost 2 years. in that time Ive been trained as Server, Bartender, Headwait, and Certified Trainer. I do like the variety of going from serving one day to bartending the next. Benefits for servers are expensive, and I'm almost scared to use them on account of how much i will have to pay. How can a company big as Blooming Brands have such lousy benefits for its frontline employees.

Sometimes it feels really corporate and every t has to be crossed and I has to be dotted. it gets monotonous. management is usually okay for the most part. unless they decide to go by the books one day out of the month and drill you on everything.

some days when I'm a double, i will work 14 hours with no break at all (unless i sneak out to smoke for 5 minutes)

The best part of the job is the coworkers, and some of the tables you get and the people you get to meet.

The new menus trying to attract people with low priced meals, mean I'm working 3x as hard for less than half of my typical tip.
Pros
coworkers, tips, can transfer to other concepts.
Cons
no breaks on doubles, strict for Overtime
Good food, and a fun place to work.
Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTFebruary 20, 2016
Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was watching management get on the same page. Excellent benefits, and the possibilites for advancement within the company is great.
fun workplace with opportunity for advancement
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 7, 2016
Workplace was well organized, management was always helpful if needed. There was always room for advancement. Schedules were flexible.
Pros
friendly staff, fun workplace, room for advancement
Cons
not enough hours given
Great Company with room for Advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCMarch 8, 2016
Great opportunity for hard working individuals who are looking to move up in restaurant business with limited life obligations.
Pros
Advancement Guaranteed
Cons
Requires Long Hours
Great Job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed cooking and learning to work. This was my first job and taught me much about getting along in a work environment. I learned many skills that have helped me up to today, such as teamwork, helping without judgement, getting through a stressful situation, and working long hours. Management was fair and I enjoyed his direction and manner of tone. Co-workers were all wonderful to get along with. I never found anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was the end of the day we would chat while cleaning and share stories.
Pros
Great atmosphere
My first big break
Salad Chef / silverware roller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2015
I couldn't have gotten this job at a better time, it was a lifesaver. They gave me a chance when no one else would and I will always be grateful for that. But that does not excuse being taken for granted. I loved working in the kitchen and I truly enjoyed my coworkers. Aside from that though, we are all there with the promise that there are chances for promotions and raises. After a year of diligent performance I didn't appreciate that my opportunity for advancement was stagnated by management. We respectfully disagreed about my value in the kitchen and parted ways.
Pros
Free lunch, great discount
Cons
small breaks
Fast-paced, hospitality and customer service based facility
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 4, 2016
At Bonefish Grill, employees (Anglers) are expected to uphold the 7 Bonefish Ways to ensure that the restaurant runs smoothly and the guests have an enjoyable experience. The restaurant is generally a fast-paced environment and requires hard workers with a good work ethic. I have learned to manage time well as well as how to use a cash register; gift card transactions and to-go orders were also a key part of my job. Co-workers and management have been a pleasure to work with/for. Hardest part of the job is to make sure that every single person is leaving happy, even if that isn't the most reasonable goal. Most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with guests as they keep coming back to enjoy the great environment, food, music, and people that Bonefish Grill has to offer.
Great food and life long friends
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 30, 2016
A great place to work and the culture is amazing. The hours can be long sometimes but the family culture is great. Great training and chance for advancement.
Polished casual atmosphere where regulars enjoy great seafood and drinks
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 4, 2016
A typical day of work at Bonefish Grill is enjoyable but can be busy and hectic at the same time. I have learned the "Bonefish way" of food service including menu presentations, food preparation, and drink recipes. I have learned that guests' positive dining experiences are the most important part of my job. My management is very helpful and professional, and I would say the same for my co-workers. The hardest part of my job has been learning to bartend, but I continue to learn each day. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to guests and seeing that they are pleased with my service and their dining experience when they leave Bonefish Grill and then, when they return.
Pizza
Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 14, 2016
If you are in mangement you will be offered zero benefits, work long hours, and paid slightly better than the hourly employees. Franchisees have very little control of their own store.
Above average restaurant chain. Great for advancement opportunities.
In-Store Training Coordinator, Key Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 2, 2015
Overall great place to work. Great job for a college student. Management encourages advancement in the company, which is very respectable. Company has high standards in doing things the right way.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Lack of benefits, Balance outside of work.
Server lifestyle
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2016
I learned how to speak to people professionally, I learned to read people and what may be best for them or what they wanted they could speak to me about. I learned how to handle payments whether cash or credit. I learned how to work as a team, smile, be personable. the hardest part of this job is dealing with an upset guest and the only way to turn this hard part around is getting a manager involved. The most enjoyable part of this job was how flexible they were with my school schedule and with me working another job. Working with co-workers was team effort and everyone helped everyone out.
Pros
Great food, fun place to work
Cons
management never communicated certain situations properly with staff
Great
Host (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 6, 2016
Great job for those who are attending college. Bonefish is very flexible with your schedule and will always work with you! My coworkers were always dependable, as was I; however, management did not take any excuses with regards to being late or bad work ethic, which is absolutely understandable!
not really the best of worst
Grill/line supervisor (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCMarch 15, 2016
this place {at least my location} shows at lot of favoritism. If you're not apart of there "click" , then you can forget about any type of promotions regardless of how dependable and good you are
Pros
very fast paced makes the shift go by fast.
Cons
hours are very limited
Experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 20, 2016
It was a busy restaurant but the management lack in guiding their employees. I worked the managers to set up a sanitation procedures and a way to maximize employee capabilities while the employee felt happy working at the restaurant.
Pros
Shift meal
Cons
lack of management skills
Great atmosphere to work in and company to work for!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 10, 2015
This was my first serving job and it made me fall in love with the field as well as the people and the atmosphere!! Management was great as well. A great company to start out at with room for advancement as well. Opportunities to work as much as you would like and income was the skys the limit as well.
Pros
Customers, coworkers
Cons
Customers, coworkers
wonderful place to work
Host/Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 30, 2015
fun, fast-paced workplace with a highly active and hardworking management team. the company takes very good care of the staff and are very eager to move their employees up in the company. everyone is very supportive on one another and everyone works together.
Pros
fast-paced, teamwork, benefits
Cons
long hours with no breaks
Upscale Dining
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 24, 2016
A typical day at Bonefish Grill starts off with a team line-up to go over everything ahead for the shift. The shifts start out a bit slow, but when the dinner rush hits, it hits hard. The guests are very particular about what they want and have extremely high expectations. That is why as a server it is important to be on your A game and have a very extensive knowledge of the entire menu.
I learned a lot working at Bonefish Grill. There are a lot of food shows to be attended, and they teach you a lot of the different types of fish, food and wine pairings, and also how to be a productive sales person on the floor. It is where I learned a great deal of my serving experience.
Management at Bonefish Grill was ALWAYS extremely professional. However, there was a high turn-over rate for managers at the Southlake location.
Co-workers at Bonefish were always professional, poised, and respectful of each other.
The hardest part of the job was learning the background of the wine list offered at the restaurant.
The most enjoyable part was being able to do a full menu presentation and impressing the guests with what the restaurant had to offer.
Pros
50% employee meal discount, flexible schedule
Cons
management turn-over
Fun
Guest Service Associate/Server (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 9, 2016
At my location I work with a great staff. They all are very helpful and considerate of one another. Management is more than willing to help.
Well organized company with most delicious fish anywhere
Server, now GSA (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC / Stuart, FL / Boca Raton, FLJune 29, 2016
Excellent corporate plan for servers and the atmosphere for the work place. Very busy every evening. No problems pleasing the guests as they have only the best seafood and steaks. Add a full and reasonable bar, the perfect combination.
Pros
Fun and fast place to work.
Cons
Only con would be with SC min wage compared to other states but that is not Bonefish fault.