Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

Polished Casual Management
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 19, 2016
Working for Bonefish Grill under the OSI umbrella is a fantastic and rewarding experience. Quaterly menu updates and a constant supply of fresh menu ideas keep the job from being monotonous. The flexibility of upper management and their willingness to work with you are indeed a bonus.
Pros
$400 per month meal bonus, full benefits, hotschedules online program
Cons
slowed growth, multiple executive changes
Terrible place to be employed.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 14, 2016
The manager that were employed at Bonefish were more child like then my little cousin, It was like I had went back to my middle school days consisting of wining immature brats. There were groups and popularity was apparently important. The managers would schedule who they like best and leave the rest to have the most undesirable schedule and any other task that was least favorited. They would argue with employees talk about them behind close doors and degrade them. I was injured wile working due to water on the floor, "maybe if managers were not worried about there popularity, it would have been cleaned up". After I was injured I notified my manager and she could not have cared. A few days after that I was fired.
Productive and Busy work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2016
A day at Bonefish Grill is usually very busy and hectic. I've learned how to deal with customer problems first hand and multitask at the same time. It is very well managed and my co-workers are always willing to lend a helping hand. The toughest this about this job would have to be the long hours of standing/walking etc. It's only after several hours of running around that it begins to get hard on you. I enjoy the working environment and how everyone is willing to help each other.
Cons
Work hours
Gsa
Assistant Manager/Guest Service Associate/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 7, 2016
I love working at Bonefish Grill. Its a fun place to work and the food is really amazing. Management is really good with working with your schedule and because they are open for lunch too, I'm assured 40 hours a week.
Pros
flexible schedule/fair pay
Cons
its a restaurant job
Good company
Cook (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 3, 2016
GREAT Staff and company . Competitive pa . The food is good all the employees are nice and friendly. Its in a nice location and is a very clean restaurant
Pros
Good food
Cons
Short hours
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 27, 2016
Managing Partner is wonderful at his job, very caring about not only the restaurant but his employees as well. Taught me everything I was willing to learn and made sure I was always happy.
Do not work there
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2016
Horrible place to work! They use favoritism for everything. They single people out, and their corporate office does not return phone calls in regards to employee issues.
Wonderful work place
KEY SERVER/TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 11, 2016
Bloomin Brands and Bonefish Grill are an exception place to work and get your foot in the door of interacting with people.
Productive, fast-paced work place
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 8, 2016
Fast-pace restaurant environment.
Typical shift included making sure customers needs were met and they left satisfied.
Learned to work as part of a team.
Great
Training Sever/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 7, 2016
Great place to work. You make your own hours. Good place to make future connections. Great coworkers. Management is amazing. Very little turnover with employees.
Fun place to work for good income
Server (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 31, 2016
Bonefish is a lot of fun to work for. The menu is incredibly extensive and takes a lot of work to get memorized, but once you do, you have all the knowledge you need to succeed there.
Fun and challenging
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJuly 30, 2016
Bartending was a blast here, drinks were fun yet labor intensive. Serving was great too, upper management left a lttle to be desired but i have heard that issue is a lot better now.
Easy going workplace
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLJuly 29, 2016
Work environment was comfortable and tasks were set. I personally learned how to handle food properly and clean dishes. Co-workers and management were easy-going. Everyone knew and did what they needed to do. The hardest part of the job was closing the kitchen.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Closing, low pay
They gave me my start
Waiter and trainer (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 13, 2016
Bonefish gave me my start in the business ,and for that I will always be grateful to them for that. They gave me the fundamentals that I needed to be a success at what I was doing.
Great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32405July 12, 2016
This is a great place to work with wonderful management and staff. Great atmosphere and food and worked around my school schedule pretty well.
n/a
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 10, 2016
it was an ok place to work even with the long drive.co-workers were ok but upper management were only worried bout themselves .
great work environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 7, 2016
Well managed , good structure ,great food , an all around good place to work - they do "line up" every day where we would get to taste 2-3 different menu items so that we could properly describe them to the guests.
Well organized company with most delicious fish anywhere
Server, now GSA (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC / Stuart, FL / Boca Raton, FLJune 29, 2016
Excellent corporate plan for servers and the atmosphere for the work place. Very busy every evening. No problems pleasing the guests as they have only the best seafood and steaks. Add a full and reasonable bar, the perfect combination.
Pros
Fun and fast place to work.
Cons
Only con would be with SC min wage compared to other states but that is not Bonefish fault.
Fun and good place to work.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 19, 2016
Worked for this restaurant chain for 9 years. I enjoyed working for the company and had plenty of opportunities to advance. Worked while I was in school finishing my bachelor's and I was so thankful that the management always worked with my schedule.
Pros
Healthcare and PTO available to employees that work over 35 hrs/week
Cons
A lot of turnover, short breaks
productive and fun workplace
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Safety Harbor, FLJune 15, 2016
learnd a lot, gained a lot of experience and had fun doing it! made a lot of good reliable business contact`s. and gained a lot of good work ethic
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short breaks but made the day go fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonefish Grill. Our community is ready to answer.