Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

Great company
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 6, 2015
Was a wonderful corporation to work for. Had the opportunity to become an assistant kitchen manager after only a few months on the line cooking.
Fun workplace built around teamwork
Server/Headwait (Current Employee), Tustin, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free meals, flexible schedule, vacation days.
Cons: Low pay, nights and weekends.
Everyday I am able to communicate with different individuals and provide excellent customer service. My coworkers all strive for teamwork in order to provide a better working environment. Management is always available to help and make the job worth it.
Server, Head Waitress and Trainer
Head Waitress, Server, Trainer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2015
Pros: I get to work with amazing people and I get to meet some wonderful people too.
Cons: the hours are a little crazy.
I give guest a wonderful service an I try to give them the best experience at the restaurant.
At the end of the night I count all the register. I also do the inventory and the sip share. I also get the opportunity to train the new hires the proper Bone Fish way.
Enjoyable Work Environment, Great Teamwork, Good Management, and Good Food
Part-time Hostess (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable Fast-pace environment, employee meal discount, great team work, and great management
Cons: Slim Window to Advance Within Company, Too many hostesses so did not make enough tip share
As a hostess I made reservations, answered phones, bussed tables, seated guests, coordinated, greeted each guest, and served appetizers to guests that were waiting. I learned the most about customer service here and that the customer is always right. The management was excellent. The store was ran very well and it was strictly about business. My hostesses were amazing. All of us were there to work as a team. I think the fact that we all got along so well made the job very enjoyable and a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job was standing up for so long. The most enjoyable part of the job was we all worked as a team and helped each other out.
It's a typical restaurant job
Trainer/Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Johnstown, COMay 19, 2015
Pros: Fast easy money
Cons: Nepotism
The money is excellent, but I didn't care for the amount of nepotism due to the manager/owner culture. If you are a student, this is a great place to work.
productive and fun workplace to hone skills as a budding restaurant professional
Server (Current Employee), Tustin, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks if any, lack of management, long wait times
typical day of work starts with trading waiting sections because management was uncapable of thinking shifts through.

lack of management left the servers the ability to do anything they want, give away free food, run own comps,

had the ability to come in and understand how a restaurant should not be ran

learn how a relationship between employeer and employee should play out
Provided great food in a fun atmosphere
Service and Beverage Manager/Culinary Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 13, 2015
Bonefish Grill is a fast growing concept in the Bloomin' Brands Restaurant Group. It was a great company to work for with benefits. A typical day for me was spent as a closing manager for the store with the title as a Service and Beverage Manager overseeing the Front of House staff. I got enjoyment out of seeing our staff succeed and receiving compliments by guests for the outstanding job they did day in and day out.
Enjoyable and nice restaurant to work at.
Server (Current Employee), Middletown, NJMay 8, 2015
Pros: free food and fairly short hours
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day at work is opening or closing the restaurant. Then opening the doors for the public to greet and serve. The management is very well run and the entire staff is extremely friendly.
Great starting job.
Busser (Former Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCApril 24, 2015
Excellent job to learn what a job is. Great management and a fun fast pace environment and you really get to start learning about customer service.
Interactive team oriented workplace with a flexible schedule.
Lead Server (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAApril 14, 2015
Bonefish Grill has a wonderful, supportive atmosphere that enhances themes of teamwork, professionalism,self-management, and public relations. Management and employees work together to produce an excellent dining experience and are invested in daily improvement. The company endorses work and lifestyle balance by providing a flexible schedule, encouraging life goals, and family time.
Pretty good place to work
Head Waiter (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 3, 2015
This job is a job im happy with for the most part. It's your standard casual fine dining restaurant. A typical day at work is pretty standard, take care of guests, have side work to do and what not. I feel like i haven't learded much which is part of the reason i'm looking elsewhere. Co-workers and managers are in the same category, i like them on both a personable and business level. Hardest part would have to be balancing a bunch of tables, while the most enjoyable was waiting to be checked out.
Very unprofessional and closed minded management.
Server (Former Employee), Sunrise, FloridaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Discounts of meals, however if you ordered lobster, the proprietor would threaten your job.
Cons: Everything else than the discounted meals. Worst restaurant I ever worked for.
Very unprofessional in the Sunrise location. It doesn't seem that the proprietor knew what he was doing. Didnt care about the feedback from employees who heard from the customers on a daily basis. The functionality of the restaurant was very weak. Complaints on a daily basis and no care to fix any of the recurring problems through a managerial perspective. No show of emotion towards satisfaction of customer service.
Overworked and underpaid
Proprietor (Current Employee), Marlton NJMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any anymore
Cons: Weak inexpierenced managers being promoted or brought onboard
It was a good company 7 years ago but now has become a company of weak managers and the reliable ones are overworked and underpaid
Top line driven company
Joint Venture Partner (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 24, 2015
Bloomin Brands continues to be a leader in the industry. Strong focus on quality and people are the foundation of success.
great company to work for
Server (Current Employee), nanuet,nyMarch 18, 2015
A great company to work for. Family oriented. I feel like my personal life isn't compromised by the job. Working as a server is a great way to make money. It's a real family environment, managers are very understanding, it's really not a stressful environment but it's still professional.
Excellent Growth Opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Iselin NJMarch 6, 2015
Quality of life isn't as great as it should be, the hours are long and tiring. But the opportunity for growth is exceptional. Bonefish is a great company to start your career.
Polished-Casual Working Environment
Server (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILMarch 5, 2015
Job Responsibilities: Waited on guests; prepare the restaurant for opening (set up dining room, patio area, server line in the kitchen); required to handle money; promote dinner specials; provide customer service to guests; Team Bus all dining tables; run food and various beverages prepared at the bar.
A place to serve
Bartender and Server (Current Employee), Matthews, NCFebruary 26, 2015
This is a good place to show up, keep your mouth shut and make some good money in four hours. Don't expect a lot after that. Culture is lacking
great place to work and dine
Server/Trainer (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 24, 2015
This is a great place with amazing food and a fun atmosphere. The staff is very knowledgeable and service is always offered with a smile. Management is very helpful and personable and of course the food is outstanding.
Sorry it closed
In Store Coordinator and Head Bartender (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 21, 2015
This was a wonderful job during college and thought me many new things about wine. The management staff was very well organized.
Headquarters