Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

Quick-pace fun work environment
Hostess/Server/Headwait (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 30, 2017
I enjoy working for Bonefish Grill as a server. My managers are fantastic people who truly care for their employees. I have made life-long relationships while working here.
Terrible Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX 76092October 25, 2017
in the three years i was employed with this company, I had at least 10 different restaurant managers and one really unprofessional general manager. Previous manager was unprofessional, taking my phone at work and taking pictures of himself on my phone. Terrible place to work overall if you are looking to make money and work for someone who appreciates you
Definitely the place to be if you are in need of flexibility
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 25, 2017
The people are what make the job so great; the managers take care of you and treat you like a human being. The staff actually works as a team and feel like family. The clientele can be spotty, but the vast majority are well mannered and appreciative.
Pros
The people and the tips
Cons
can get slow at times
Bonefish Grill Summary
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 25, 2017
Great place to work, opportunity for advancement. I worked here for 4 1/2 years and I enjoyed working here. I started off as a server and advanced to a bartender. Schedule flexibility.
Not enough staff
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 23, 2017
They expect managers to work all the time for little money. Terrible home life due to bad hours. Restaurants aren’t staffed with enough managers to complete all expected work
very productive workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2017
Excellent place to work. The people and customers at my store in Jacksonville, FL were always so friendly and made me smile each day. I had to move away for school and i miss my Bonefish family!
Pros
discounts
Cons
work hard
Fast-paced seafood restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLOctober 21, 2017
Management makes poor decisions regarding most aspects of store. Managing partner is never there , assistant management is unprofessional and expects everything to be done without having to do any work themselves.
Pros
Food discount
High energy place to learn your cooking skills
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 20, 2017
I worked here a long time ago, but it was memorable. The people that work there are fun to work with, but if you're not prepared for a long hot day on your feet then this isn't the place for you. I learned a lot of cooking chops here.
Pros
Great people, good place to learn
Cons
Stressful
Bonefish was terrible expreience
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 20, 2017
Everyone was miserable and competetive and did not have a comfortable environment. There was no patience for new people or training people to be ready to deal with the challenges the restaurant had.
No quality of life, low pay.
Assistant GM/Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 17, 2017
My time as a manager at Bonefish Grill was extremely challenging.
Typical work day was 12 to 15 hours.
Management for the most part was good and worked well together.
Pros
Benefits and management experience
Cons
Quality of Life
poor everything
VA Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2017
poor everything was trash the food was okay management sucked they did not care about you unless you were calling out and then they would be mad they dont help as far as anything outside of work and even still when they are helping with work related issues they just dont care
Productive, great way to make fast money
Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced, team oriented, can make a lot of money.
Management is great, strict but fair.
worked there for over three years, loved it.
4 star polished restaurant
Fun workplace but limited advancement
Server/Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 9, 2017
I felt as if I was contributing to the daily goals of the restaurant, but felt as if there was minimal opportunity for advancement within the company. Was not a career choice for me, even though I really enjoyed what I was doing.
productive and a structered
Server (Former Employee) –  Talleyville, DEOctober 7, 2017
It was a great place to work, with great people and positive attitudes. Its a very fast paced environment and I learned a lot of information about different kinds of fish.
ADMINISTATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 6, 2017
Bonefish is a great place to work. Management is amazing and the staff is even better. The General Manager there gives you everything you need to succeed at Bonefish and even in life.
Pros
Discount on food and flexable hours
Cons
no breaks due to it being a fast pace restaurant
Fun workplace
hostess (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 6, 2017
A typical day at work is not bad at all. Easy swift shifts when everyone helps each other out. I learned that when there is one person that is deadweight and they are finally gone, it makes all the difference. Coworkers all get along, the problem is management has a hard time communicating promotions that are going on which is important for the guest to know. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the guests, because of a lot of the times, they are spoiled and if they don't get the exact table they want they get upset. The most enjoyable part of the job is that being there so many hours a week, the coworkers start to feel like another family.
server
Server (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 5, 2017
very fast paced. have to be quick on your feet and know great customer service. co-workers are great, guests are great and always enjoy my regulars coming in.
Fun work environment, but over staffed at times
Server (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJOctober 3, 2017
Luckily, I had a good well trained manager. But this job did have it's down falls. Sometimes management didn't take initiative for certain problems going on in the workplace. If people wanted to move up in this company it was a possibility.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Management had favorites
Productive, competitive workplace that is also fun to work in.
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLOctober 2, 2017
Working for Bonefish Grill has been amazing. I have been fortunate enough to work for a good company that has not only treated me well, but has also allowed me to grow personally and professionally.
Enjoyable company
Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 2, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working here until it became like I went back to high school. The "girls" and yes, I mean girls were very cliquey and made new female employees feel unwelcome until they found someone else to pick on. Besides that aspect, I gained some amazing friends working here and am thankful for that. The management here was super supportive and honestly, two of the best that I have had ever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonefish Grill. Our community is ready to answer.