Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

Corporate restaurant
Bartender (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Consistent quality food and drinks with a potential career path for those that are interested. Good work environment and support from management overall.
Great place
Line Captain/ Grill (Former Employee), Novi, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Fast paced, customer centered atmosphere. Serving the freshest sourced seasonal seafood. You will never be bored. A very fast kitchen
Decent working environment with med-high avg bills
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
A typical day in this working environment is very similar to nearly any other restaurant. The management and co-workers are proficient and make the work day bearable. The average check amount makes it possible to earn a decent living off of the tips you earn.
Host (Current Employee), Streetsboro, OHFebruary 2, 2015
This was a great place to work, and to gain restaurant experience. Also helped to work on phone skills and talking to customers. I was responsible for answering the phone, and taking to-go orders as well as seating people according to rotation and what was comfortable for the customer.
productive, fast paced, organized, fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJanuary 29, 2015
i learned a lot working in the food industry. You definitely need to have patience and know how to handle every situation that can occur. I think it made me more outgoing and hard working having to be on top of my customer service skills all the time. my co workers were very helpful and easy to get along with which made my job more enjoyable. The hardest part was probably not knowing how busy we were gonna be each night so having to prepare for the most was difficult but in no way did it effect my work ethic.
fast pace
Server/ Head waiting (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 28, 2015
great place to eat but not the best place to work. I love working with people and it was great for that.
Good management
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Good strong leadership and organization. It shows that the company has a strong backing by Outback Steakhouse Inc.
Give you the tools to be a great manager
Manager (Current Employee), SavannahJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: you will always be learning, moving, and you have the ability teach
Cons: benifits, family life, direction the company is going.
Bonefish is a great company that I have worked for since 2007. It has always been fun because it is always changing. The only issue is the lack of care by some in the higher levels of management that seem to have forgot how it was to be an hourly or even a store manager. It seems when most reach the level of managing partner they belive it is their time to relax when that should be the time to give it your all.
The waiters and waitresses where nice to me.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: yea i used to get free dinners
Cons: no breaks
Like I said the waiters and females waiters where nice. The one they were not nice to me where the cooks I felt like they where taking advantage when they used to bring the pots and pans all together at the same time when they waiters used to bring me the dishes
Fast paced enviroment
Culinary Manager (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Oversee all opening and prep cooks for opening procedures and recipe prep. The hardest part was the miscommunication from home office on menu rollouts. Loved everything else.
Fun workplace with good coworkers
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 13, 2015
A lot of work with minimal return. Great friendships made but high turnover rate.
multi task and give great customer service
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Montgomery, alJanuary 13, 2015
I worked multiple stations and cleaned back line, prep food by grill, worked cash register
Great Place to Work... But Don't Expect to Move Up
Host (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: no opportunities for advancement, low pay
This place was so much fun! It's so busy on the weekends that my shifts never felt long. However, I was only here for 4 months. the tip share system for hosts tended to screw us over so it isn't a place for someone to try and make a living. They say they like to promote from within, but there were girls here working for 4+ years as hosts, trying to be servers, and never got the opportunity. It creates a kind of hostile working environment when there are good, qualified people in line for open positions and they bring in new faces instead. The management is hit or miss, some were great while some were super incompetent. Work here, but don't expect to move up.
Busy, fun and family environment
Bartender (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere, managers cared for their employees
Cons: nothing
Great place to eat and work. Constantly busy, great guests, great food.
dont work here if you looking for a good company
Cook (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: no break, not team work from manager, nothing good to say
this is not a good place to work the make you work like animal they don't care if you have 2,3 or 4 years working if you make 1 mistake you are out with no explanation BOH worker work like slave no break they have to do the work of 3 people at the same time of 1 and if you don't like they say you know where the door at you have to be looking at your hours if the go over the hours that they have for the whole crew they take 15 min,30min some time 1 hour and make look it was the system so watch out
Good restaurant to work at if you don't have serious bills.
Server (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun co-workers
Cons: essentially working for tips.
Enjoy working here but dislike the fact that servers are working for tips without any real substantial base pay. Customers can be spotty, some nights are great and others are horrible. Can be stressful at times dealing with upset customers, but most of the co-workers make this relatively bearable.
Making people happy
Server, Trainer, Headwaitess (Current Employee), Township of Brick, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Great place to work. Great bunch of people. The atmosphere is fun.
Management needs improving
SERVER (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 4, 2015
This is a great company, outside of Madison, WI.

The management here prefers to communicate with their staff by yelling, instead of maturely and professionally expressing ideas, etc. to their staff.

Management is inexperienced (especially the two, young male assistant managers) and tends to not value their staff's personal lives.

Often staff will work a double with just a 30 minute break to sit – more... down and eat. Managers rarely give breaks without being asked by staff to have a break, and by asking for a break, the management will probably think you're just complaining. Their approach to managing others is TERRIBLE and they need sensitivity training, or a new career. Oh, they think they're amazing at their jobs, though. Very self-absorbed they are.

I worked over 40 hours a week, picked up shifts for co-workers, and came in on days off if management asked me to. I was a hard worker and cared about the work I was doing. After being scheduled many many doubles over the holidays, including a double on new years eve and new years day (not to mention a double on Christmas eve and the 26th), I went in to have a conversation with the manager on duty. Unfortunately, the manager on duty was the most un-qualified of the three managers for such a leadership position, and I was asked to leave "for good" because I "complain too much."

Don't work here. Try Flemming's or another restaurant. Or, wait until new management takes over. – less
Server Trainer
Server Trainer (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 2, 2015
Provide excellent customer service to guests. Handle multiple tasks, train all new servers.
Excellent
Bartender (Former Employee), Collierville, TNDecember 28, 2014
The hardest part of this job was time management.
The most enjoyable part of this job was providing excellent customer service to guest.
Headquarters