Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

great company to work for
Server (Current Employee), nanuet,nyMarch 18, 2015
A great company to work for. Family oriented. I feel like my personal life isn't compromised by the job. Working as a server is a great way to make money. It's a real family environment, managers are very understanding, it's really not a stressful environment but it's still professional.
Excellent Growth Opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Iselin NJMarch 6, 2015
Quality of life isn't as great as it should be, the hours are long and tiring. But the opportunity for growth is exceptional. Bonefish is a great company to start your career.
Polished-Casual Working Environment
Server (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILMarch 5, 2015
Job Responsibilities: Waited on guests; prepare the restaurant for opening (set up dining room, patio area, server line in the kitchen); required to handle money; promote dinner specials; provide customer service to guests; Team Bus all dining tables; run food and various beverages prepared at the bar.
A place to serve
Bartender and Server (Current Employee), Matthews, NCFebruary 26, 2015
This is a good place to show up, keep your mouth shut and make some good money in four hours. Don't expect a lot after that. Culture is lacking
great place to work and dine
Server/Trainer (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 24, 2015
This is a great place with amazing food and a fun atmosphere. The staff is very knowledgeable and service is always offered with a smile. Management is very helpful and personable and of course the food is outstanding.
Sorry it closed
In Store Coordinator and Head Bartender (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 21, 2015
This was a wonderful job during college and thought me many new things about wine. The management staff was very well organized.
What a great experience!
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: long breaks, great team members, fun environment
Cons: inconsistent pay
Working at Bonefish was one of the best jobs I've ever had. I lover working with people and providing customer service, talking and laughing with people has to be the easiest job I've come across. All of my co-workers were great to be around and management was very understanding and easy going as well. The job was very enjoyable overall, being a server will provide you great practice with communication skills and soon enough it won't even seem like you're working anymore.
Corporate restaurant
Bartender (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Consistent quality food and drinks with a potential career path for those that are interested. Good work environment and support from management overall.
Great place
Line Captain/ Grill (Former Employee), Novi, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Fast paced, customer centered atmosphere. Serving the freshest sourced seasonal seafood. You will never be bored. A very fast kitchen
Decent working environment with med-high avg bills
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
A typical day in this working environment is very similar to nearly any other restaurant. The management and co-workers are proficient and make the work day bearable. The average check amount makes it possible to earn a decent living off of the tips you earn.
Host (Current Employee), Streetsboro, OHFebruary 2, 2015
This was a great place to work, and to gain restaurant experience. Also helped to work on phone skills and talking to customers. I was responsible for answering the phone, and taking to-go orders as well as seating people according to rotation and what was comfortable for the customer.
productive, fast paced, organized, fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJanuary 29, 2015
i learned a lot working in the food industry. You definitely need to have patience and know how to handle every situation that can occur. I think it made me more outgoing and hard working having to be on top of my customer service skills all the time. my co workers were very helpful and easy to get along with which made my job more enjoyable. The hardest part was probably not knowing how busy we were gonna be each night so having to prepare for the most was difficult but in no way did it effect my work ethic.
fast pace
Server/ Head waiting (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 28, 2015
great place to eat but not the best place to work. I love working with people and it was great for that.
Good management
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Good strong leadership and organization. It shows that the company has a strong backing by Outback Steakhouse Inc.
Give you the tools to be a great manager
Manager (Current Employee), SavannahJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: you will always be learning, moving, and you have the ability teach
Cons: benifits, family life, direction the company is going.
Bonefish is a great company that I have worked for since 2007. It has always been fun because it is always changing. The only issue is the lack of care by some in the higher levels of management that seem to have forgot how it was to be an hourly or even a store manager. It seems when most reach the level of managing partner they belive it is their time to relax when that should be the time to give it your all.
The waiters and waitresses where nice to me.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: yea i used to get free dinners
Cons: no breaks
Like I said the waiters and females waiters where nice. The one they were not nice to me where the cooks I felt like they where taking advantage when they used to bring the pots and pans all together at the same time when they waiters used to bring me the dishes
Fast paced enviroment
Culinary Manager (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Oversee all opening and prep cooks for opening procedures and recipe prep. The hardest part was the miscommunication from home office on menu rollouts. Loved everything else.
Fun workplace with good coworkers
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 13, 2015
A lot of work with minimal return. Great friendships made but high turnover rate.
multi task and give great customer service
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Montgomery, alJanuary 13, 2015
I worked multiple stations and cleaned back line, prep food by grill, worked cash register
Great Place to Work... But Don't Expect to Move Up
Host (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: no opportunities for advancement, low pay
This place was so much fun! It's so busy on the weekends that my shifts never felt long. However, I was only here for 4 months. the tip share system for hosts tended to screw us over so it isn't a place for someone to try and make a living. They say they like to promote from within, but there were girls here working for 4+ years as hosts, trying to be servers, and never got the opportunity. It creates a kind of hostile working environment when there are good, qualified people in line for open positions and they bring in new faces instead. The management is hit or miss, some were great while some were super incompetent. Work here, but don't expect to move up.
Headquarters