Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace
Host/ Server (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLDecember 30, 2015
I had a lot of fun working at Bonefish for the time that I did. I learned interpersonal skills, and further my teamwork attitude. I am still friends with my co-workers, whom I got a long with all throughout my time at Bonefish. The hardest part of my job was the amount of time I was working. However. the most enjoyable part was learning new skills, and getting to know the people that I worked with.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Hours
Enjoyed my time here
Server (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMay 3, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time working at Bonefish Grill in Ormond Beach, Fl. The management and staff here are very professional. The location is great, right across the street from the beach.
Classy Upscale Restaurant
Hostess & GSA (Guest Service Associate) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 13, 2016
This job was nice as long as we were busy. On the slow days, you don't make as much money as you do on a busier day. That's the worst part about the job.
Strong Culture
CULINARY MANGER (Former Employee) –  Crescent Springs, KYMay 1, 2016
The core values make it a great place to work. Some days and weeks were long, but compensation was fair. I learned a variety of skills during employment that i can carry with me.
Fun
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 31, 2016
Best restaurant to work for. I learned my first job through this place as well as learn invaluable things along the way. Ability to move up is easy with hard work.
Pros
Great fod
Cons
non
The job of many faces
Host Manager/ Trainer/ Server/ Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work for me at Bonefish grill was usually very long. I did a lot with this company i started as a host then moved to being a host manager and trainer, then a server and event server, and then a brand ambassador. My day would usually consist of me moving to at least 2 or 3 different jobs in a day. In the mornings i would be the opening manager and was responsible for the set up of the front of the house and other minor things. After lunch i would go into the office for a few hours and do some marketing work or go out and do field marketing or call several people about booking large parties. Then at night i may serve or manage the floor. The management team had problems within its own. Although i was an entry level manager, i did not have to deal with a lot of their issues. My coworkers were great, our turnover was very low and we became a big family. The hardest part of my job was dealing with none of the upper level managers never being on the same page with each other. the most enjoyable part of this job was the food, opportunities, and the staff. Overall i loved the company i only left because my original store closed and my new store was too far from where i lived.
Pros
staff, free food, job enrichment, job advancement, and the guests
Cons
conflicting managers
They treat there guest like family
Server/Host/Bartender/FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2016
Everyone is always welcoming. Given me the chance to move up within the company. Everyone is always supportive. They are consistent within all of their restaurants.
no regrets
Virginia Beach - Server (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 15, 2015
I haven't worked for this company in years. When I was there it was horrible. The GM would always be hungover, the kitchen had no leader ship and the management played favorites with the FOH crew. It was very hard for me to make money at this place. I have no regrets leaving there.
Fun environment
SERVER, BARTENDER, HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 23, 2016
World class training and a lot of opportunity to make money and advance. This was a great place to work and develope personal life long relationships.
Great company
Assistant Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 9, 2016
I love my actual job! It's great pay and fast advancement. Everyone tries to teach you something new everyday so you can move up faster.
No review
Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 8, 2016
My experience was fine. A typical day was fine. I learned a lot. The management was fine. My co-workers were fine. The hardest part of my job was rude customers.
A decent place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 24, 2015
I didn't mind working here. Definitely had supportive supervisors. They promote within for those who work very hard and exceed expectations. The most enjoyable part was talking to guests and problem solving at a moments notice. The most difficult were the long hours.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Long hours, evenings and holidays
Great team atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2016
Great team effort, but it is difficult to have a good section with veterans that have been with the company. A really nice food and beverage program.
Great management, until it all changed
Key/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2015
• Provided professional foodservice duties at a very busy fine dining establishment
• Managed the front of the house as a ‘Key’ employee
• Counted liquor for inventory and ordering
• Contacted liquor reps and placed liquor orders for the restaurant
• Ran training program classroom for all new servers / bartenders

I learned a lot about liquor inventory and ordering. I also learned that great management means a lot to maintaining happy employees.

Co-workers were great until the entire management staff turned over leading to the rest of the staff leaving and a whole new group of people were hired.

Hardest part of the job was getting used to new management.

I met a lot of great people here, I was new to town before I started and had a lot of great friends when I was done working at Bonefish.
Pros
Great people in the beginning
Cons
Complete management overhaul
Good serving job for part time
Server (Current Employee) –  OrlandoSeptember 14, 2015
Fun atmosphere, just no room really to move up in the company. There is definitely favoritism with management. Management should improve in aspect of taking recognition of whos working harder and actually listening to employee concerns.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great food and drinks, easy up sells
Cons
Listen to employees more
Enjoyable Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. The reason that I chose to leave was because of how difficult it was to obtain health benefits.
productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 22, 2015
good company to work for new opportunists friendly co-workers. I would of like to have more hours and once I learned all the stations I was promised a raise I did not receive.
excellent/ ive transfered to new location
GSA/HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 30, 2015
wonderful place to work with excellent guests. I have learned so much from working here. things about hospitality and front of house management.
Fun Work Place
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 24, 2016
Great Staff, Managers. Enjoyed meeting the guests and making regulars. The atmosphere was fun with the live music and tropical theme.
IT is good experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 5, 2016
This is a good stepping stone for some people but you have to work and fightlike heck just to get it or you will fall short and fail. it is a hard and fast paced enviroment but if you can do it by all means try