Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

Bonefish Grill
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 5, 2017
Bloomin Brands is actually a great company to work for. Depending on management and your desire to work, you can make excellent money and advance. They also have a wonderful program set up for those who have had major life changing events. They do care about their people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no breaks
Server work, rewarding pay
Server (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 3, 2017
The days get long, but what day isn't in food? You have to have a lot of menu knowledge, more than normal, but for a good reason. Customers have a lot of questions so knowing everything is important.
Pros
salary, don't have to tip out bussers
Cons
no bussers, no food runners
productive
Culinary Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 3, 2017
Great place to work when your young and don't have a family. Long hours but not difficult to achieve your goal 28th the company. Great sister concepts as well
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTMarch 29, 2017
Overall, this was the best company I have worked with but was disappointed that the Bonefish location closed unexpectedly. The staff and management were so great and welcoming. The employees were great and the extensive training to learn the menu was very impressive, I really enjoyed that.
Pros
Hours, Staff, Regular Customers
Cons
Short shifts, location not open during lunch
good company
Server/Bartender/Headwait (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 28, 2017
I serve/bartend about 5 days a week while going to grad school. I love my co-workers, management is better than others in the industry, plus you get to eat the food at a discounted price, which is the best part, obviously. The hardest part of the job is learning and knowing the extensive menu by heart, as well as the drinks.
Fun but temporary
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2017
Not somewhere I would work forever. Management is good, there is a lot of focus on quality. Good job for a college student; money is decent and the job can be entertaining at times.
Great Place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 28, 2017
A dynamic workplace with great food and great people. If you like fun, fish, and a friendly work environment than this is the place for you. Definitely consider working there
Servers do everything
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
This is an okay company. Managers work hard but do care. Favoritism runs rampant in the restaurants, hindering the income and talents of other staff members. Large parties constantly screw servers on gratuities, no help from the company. Bonefish is the coupon and discount king, they seem not to care if service staff suffers from this policy. Lack of new product innovation. Same stuff all the time, no new menu items.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
Income is not equal to work put forth, Restaurant relies servers to do everything to save money. No help on large party gratuities.
Polish casual dining with great guest and quality food
Culinary Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2017
Great company with the right ideas. The structure they work within is great. Amazing opportunity of moving up within the company. They need a bonus structure and better choice of managers that are moved up. Too many acquaintances.
Pros
$100 free food from any sister company!!
Cons
No breaks, NO bonus structure.
Great place to enjoy making good money
server and certified trainer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 23, 2017
Very fast paced work but great employee culture. Every restaurant is different but every manager I worked with was way going ad supportive. Very easy to move up the ranks if you're a dedicated worker
It was a productive workplace.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2017
The management team was a breeze to work with. I like how everyone took care of one another. It was a very family oriented staff.They understood me when I had t leave the company due to my Grandfather becoming ill.
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTMarch 23, 2017
I worked here for 4 years. This is the best company I have worked for yet. I started as a server, and there was plenty of opportunity to grow (which I feel like a lot of companies offer, but few deliver). I did everything you could possibly do in a store- I started as a server, I was cross trained as a host and bartender. I became a trainer, and head of training in my own store. I traveled the country and opened new locations. I became an assistant manager, and then a manager. I learned how to work all of the back of house positions.
Bonefish grill is a family- not just a place to make money.
Decent experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40509March 22, 2017
This job has allowed me to work part time and finish college. It was a challenge but it was also a blessing because a lot of jobs would not have allowed me to make as much money and sustain myself while also being able to go to school during the days. Two of the managers are great, but the other one made it sometimes a struggle working in this environment. Again, I'm more thankful for my experience than unhappy but I'm definitely ready for a new chapter.
Pros
decent money, made many great friends
Cons
have to work nights and weekends, dysfunctional environment
Bonefish was a great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 20, 2017
I love my job at Bonefish Grill being a manager. I'm looking for better career opportunities. I want to go somewhere where I can use my skills and advance in the restaurant industry.
Great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 20, 2017
Great for upward mobility but unfortunately there is no leadership in any of the locations in the tri-state area except one. The corporate decisions led to over 40 stores being closed this past winter.
Pros
it is really hard to get fired
Cons
it is really hard to get fired
Depending on your position it is very productive
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandywine, MDMarch 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the kindness of staff members. A typical day of work usually include taking to-go orders, seating guest, and notifying guest about specials we offer.
Pros
Discount on food
Productive and friendly place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMarch 16, 2017
I have been working for bonefish grill since the opening day. I appreciate the friendly staff and fast work place environment. The tips are good and the location is perfect.
Pros
Its productive and a very busy restaurant
Cons
No advancment
Restuarant
Server (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 14, 2017
The time I worked for Bonefish Grill was a good experience with a great management team. Only open for dinner so my days were free for school. Loved the half priced food even when I wasn't working.
Pros
Half off food, only open for dinner
Cons
Had to roll silverware
Something I looked forward to everyday
Culinary/Dining Room Manager,Partner Intern (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMarch 13, 2017
traditional 12 hour+ days
Learned how to manage a team and restaurant
Opportunity to move in management
culture is what you make of it
Hardest part is when people come lie in wait to take your job from you instead of proving themselves
Enjoyed everything else
Pros
all
Cons
Certified angus beef, aged in house, cuts made in house
Bartender, Server, Corporate Trainer, Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 13, 2017
Bonefish grill is highly consistent with their slogan being, "quality carried on" the seafood they offer is brought in daily and prepared over a wood fire grill. The servers have a unique chef coat uniform and everyone works as one unit.
Pros
Consistantly busy
Cons
Is dependent on everyone doing their job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonefish Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval