Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews in United States

decent place to work as far as average money, hard to get past other long time employees to advancement ( top $ shifts). Management changes frequently
Server (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 3, 2015
One half of fellow servers and bartenders friendly and helpful to newcomers other half tight knit "click" of unfriendly veterans. Makes for an uneasy work environment. Most of the kitchen staff are great though and have no problems when an error has occurred and are quick to fix the problem ASAP, unlike other places I have worked.
Educational Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 16, 2015
Wonderful learning experience for anyone interested in the restaurant industry. It is a challenging experience with wonderful opportunities to meet people in the service industry.
A experience
Cooking Chef (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 11, 2015
Fresh cuttings of different types of fish, reading and producing recipes. Opening and closing procedures along with the proper production of great dishes.
Very unproffesional
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 7, 2015
They hire an abundance of people all at one time and then fire most after a month. The managers do not know how to run a restaurant.
Pros
tips daily
Cons
everything but pay
Productive fun environment that was filled with product knowledge
Server (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg IllinoisSeptember 1, 2015
A typical day would start with a team line up and review of specials and something to focus on during the shift. The goal was to advance our product knowledge so that we could further better service our guests.
Pros
Free meals for all day shifts.
Cons
Long hours on some days.
all in all great.
Fine Dining Waitress (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 4, 2015
I loved my job here. Co-workers were mostly great. I enjoyed all but one manager and the food was spectacular. I liked the way everyone came together as a team. I dislike bad tippers.
Fun and delicious
Server (Former Employee) –  Brandywine, MDNovember 27, 2015
Great people, great food and laid back environment. I really enjoyed my time working there. Willing to work with school schedule.
Pros
food discount
Cons
short breaks
Great place to eat and work
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GASeptember 11, 2015
Bonefish Grill is a fast pace and high stress environment but the people that I work with allows me to enjoy my time while I work. Management are very good supporters and helps anytime I need it.
Pros
short shifts with great money
Cons
no breaks and always on your feet
productve and fun worplace
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 4, 2015
Learned how to control food costs and write schedules. Also learned how to maximize time and supervise kitchen staff before and after service.
benefits
wonderful place to work
Host/Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 30, 2015
fun, fast-paced workplace with a highly active and hardworking management team. the company takes very good care of the staff and are very eager to move their employees up in the company. everyone is very supportive on one another and everyone works together.
Pros
fast-paced, teamwork, benefits
Cons
long hours with no breaks
Great Coworkers Horrible owner and managers
Host (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJuly 2, 2015
Starts off slow but picks up quickly.
Learned how to serve but was never put on because manager does not promote from within.
Management needs a lot of work to be successful.
Co-workers are great people never had an issue!
Dealing with the owner and managers.
Spending time with the coworkers and learning from each other and getting help when needed from great people.
Pros
Great coworkers, Great atmosphere
Cons
Does not promote from within, Owner is manipulative and awful to be around
excellent/ ive transfered to new location
GSA/HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 30, 2015
wonderful place to work with excellent guests. I have learned so much from working here. things about hospitality and front of house management.
Productive and Fun
Fry Cook (Current Employee) –  McCandless, PAOctober 5, 2015
Opens 10/12/2015 so far very fun and productive. Food is excellent and a very good work environment. Fast pace work conditions very clean and up to osha standards. Nice food display polished casual dining.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 20, 2015
Bonefish Grill in Charlottesville, Virginia is a top restaurant in the area. The management always makes sure employees are well taken care of, which in turn makes employees want to do well at work. Teamwork is emphasized very heavily and it really makes the restaurant run smoothly. Most of the customers who come in are looking to have an enjoyable night out and Bonefish provides the perfect atmosphere for whatever the occasion may be.
Pros
50% off meals, good hours, good pay
Head Wait/ Entry Level Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I had a good experience with this company as a part of their corporate culture i was able to exceed expectations and operate as a corporate trainer and as a assistant manager
Pros
able to advance
Fast paced!
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 30, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive managment. Ambitious sales goals. Ability to increase salary based on monthly bonus. Clear direction. Very fast paced. Great co-workers. Hours are tough.
Face paced, Worked with great people
Server/Cocktail/Food Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOJune 7, 2015
Took care of multiple tables and handled tasks for all the guests. Helped my other employees with whatever they needed. Learned how to manage my time more efficiently and how to deal with and upset customers. Management was new, but still worked well with them. Absolutely loved my co-workers. The hardest part was dealing with guests that weren't satisfied with cuisine or drinks. I loved every part of working here though.
Server, Head Waitress and Trainer
Head Waitress, Server, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2015
I give guest a wonderful service an I try to give them the best experience at the restaurant.
At the end of the night I count all the register. I also do the inventory and the sip share. I also get the opportunity to train the new hires the proper Bone Fish way.
Pros
I get to work with amazing people and I get to meet some wonderful people too.
Cons
the hours are a little crazy.
Great management, until it all changed
Key/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2015
• Provided professional foodservice duties at a very busy fine dining establishment
• Managed the front of the house as a ‘Key’ employee
• Counted liquor for inventory and ordering
• Contacted liquor reps and placed liquor orders for the restaurant
• Ran training program classroom for all new servers / bartenders

I learned a lot about liquor inventory and ordering. I also learned that great management means a lot to maintaining happy employees.

Co-workers were great until the entire management staff turned over leading to the rest of the staff leaving and a whole new group of people were hired.

Hardest part of the job was getting used to new management.

I met a lot of great people here, I was new to town before I started and had a lot of great friends when I was done working at Bonefish.
Pros
Great people in the beginning
Cons
Complete management overhaul
productive and fun workplace to hone skills as a budding restaurant professional
Server (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 17, 2015
typical day of work starts with trading waiting sections because management was uncapable of thinking shifts through.

lack of management left the servers the ability to do anything they want, give away free food, run own comps,

had the ability to come in and understand how a restaurant should not be ran

learn how a relationship between employeer and employee should play out
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks if any, lack of management, long wait times