Bonfils Blood Center Employee Reviews

Great staff to work with on a daily basis.
Lead Donor Tech CDL Driver (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 15, 2014
Pros: variety!
Cons: working in adverse weather conditions from time to time
Working on mobile blood drives obtaining life saving units of blood to help out community. Working with a variety of donors. Providing great customer service to the community which include donors, liasions, coworkers, etc. The hardest part of my job would be the actual loading but our team always makes it fun! I have two most enjoyable parts of my job: 1. my coworkers make everyday a good day. They are Fun and hard working. We have a great bond and work together like a team is supposed to! 2. Each person that comes in to donate blood. The fact that they take the time out of their day to provide such a life saving gift is amazing to me!
A company that srtives to provide a quality product to all clients.
Specialized Lab Technician IV (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 11, 2014
Bonfils is a company that works to produce a quality product as well as provide a safe working environment. In the lab a typical day would consist of unpacking, qualifying and processing whole blood and blood products. I found the management and my co-workers to be helpful and always willing looking for process improvement.
Great Job, Fun People- I can't say a single negative word!
Phlebotomist/Driver/Mentor (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 19, 2014
Pros: pretty mcuh everything, especially the normal weekly schedule
Cons: n/a
Prepairing for mobile blood drives, loading up to 1,200 lbs. of equipment. Drawing up to 25 units of blood for donation purposes per day. Also interviewed potential donors to make sure they are going to meet all the health requirements for donation.

I learned a lot from this company. Six weeks of training before you even stick someone. S.O.P.'s are still with me even after a six year absence. Learned great customer service skills. Witnessed bad reactions from people donating blood, relied on my EMT skills help to make them more comfortable until they recovered.

The best part of the job was the people I worked with and getting to draw blood daily! The hardest part of the job, the occasional person who is really hard to locate a vein on.
Overall I think that this was a great company to work for.
Wholeblood Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 30, 2014
Pros: they offered great incentives like free massages, etc.
A typical day consisted of registering donors in to donate, having donor to go through a screening process to make sure they qualified to donate, taking donor to the donation are drawing a pint of blood from them, having donor to go to the canteen area after donating to rehydrate themselves. I learned a lot working a Bonfils Blood Center, I had great co-workers, there was nothing that was really to hard about the job, and the best thing about the job was meeting different people everyday.
Company has a postivite mission statement to fulfill
Quality Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 9, 2013
Pros: serve the community
Cons: limited advancement
I was inspired by this company's postivie mission statement and the fact that the work they do saves and enhances lives. The healthcare industry is enjoyable when you realize you're making a difference for someone elses life. I have had the opportunity to learn more details about federal based regulations and how they apply to the operational areas. I have acquired expereince working within the regulatory environment and have facilitated the importance of achieving compliance while recommending process improvements to gain efficiencies. The difficult thing about this company is there is limited opportunities for advancement within the Quality Assurance department. For this reason, I consider the work I do for this company as a stepping stone within my career.
Enjoyed my job duties and coworkers
Appointment Center / Data Entry (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, and department meetings
A typical day at work was to enter data regarding the donors information given on the donation card. Also to verify travel to areas of malaria risk.
My co workers were a pleasure to work with.
The work hours were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great organization serving the community of Colorado
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 6, 2012
Pros: fun environment, education opportunities, career development
Cons: open 24 hours so some jobs require working nights and weekends.
I worked for Bonfils 8 years and loved it. I started out in an entry level position and grew into a management position. They offered an amazing career path and lots of opportunities for professional growth. For example, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People training, Leadership development program, phlebotomy training with no experience, tuition assistance, etc...

The people are phenomenal and work hard but also have fun.

I left the organization in 2006 to pursue a new opportunity. In many ways I regret leaving Bonfils and some day hope that an opportunity would be available for me to return to this incredible organization.
Very good workplace
Donor tech (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: all
Cons: hours
Enjoyed work atmosphere very productive, environment was nice , traveling
Productive workplace
Team-Lead Collections Tech (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 6, 2012
Pros: saving lives
Cons: ability to be mobile/traveling
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that everyday you report to work your playing a very important part in saving someone's life. I've worked in this field for 20+ years and it has been very rewarding in alot of ways. I've learnd the importance of providing customer service/customer care to every donor that's giving apart of themselves also to save a life.