BONNEY Staffing Center

BONNEY Staffing Center Employer Reviews

If you like data entry in an extensive system, this is for you.
Talent and Training Specialist (Former Employee), Windham, MEAugust 5, 2014
It depends on which office you work at as far as how your experience will be. I worked in Windham where the manager had great knowledge of the industry and great rapoire with the client companies but people skills with applicants and employees needed improving. Since I left in June, 2014, the manager is no longer there so I am hopeful this situation – more... will improve. The other staff members are very strong and efficient so with the right manager, this office will be awesome! The manager's are responsible to provide training. The database system used is Avionte which is quite an extensive system. I was provided one day of training by the human resource person who has great teaching skills and knowledge. She taught me processes on Avionte, how to do safety and orientation, how to do the daily reports from Avionte/Excel, how to create and update ads on the website and on jobs-in-maine, and how to verify references. Occasionally, I got assistance from the Front office coordinator or staffing supervisor - this was so much appreciated. They, too, were struggling with the management style and how it affected them doing there job effectively.

I learned what a staffing company does...it is more extensive than most people would realize, but it is satisfying work in that you are helping people find a job and you are helping client companies staff with good quality employees.

The hardest part of the job is that there is more than 8 hours of work that must be accomplished in 8 hours as you are hourly paid as a Talent and Training Coordinator. I think this is very common in a lot of industries, not just staffing companies. – less
realy committed to them as they have with me.
JS McCarthy Printers (Current Employee), Augusta, MEJuly 28, 2014
Pros: have been flexible with me working two jobs
Cons: havent had much work latley
over all very polite and open to any ideas employees have. have been great to me and have now added health insurance plus a raise for us.
Ghetto employment agency
Admin (Former Employee), MaineJune 11, 2014
Pros: jobs
Cons: ghetto tattood staffer
This company told me I had 30 days to decide if I wanted to go with their employment health benefits or not. I elected to wait 30 days. When I chose that, I was pressured to sign a waiver exempting me from rights. When I said that I wanted to review the benefits before signing, I was pressured to sign a waiver, waiving my rights. Even after explaining – more... that I wanted to exercise those rights, I was told that I needed to fill out the form, encouraged to select to waive them and sign it. I even said, "if I sign this it waives me of these rights," they said that it did not. Clearly documentation says otherwise and they lied. This is about all I need to know about them. – less
Proffesional
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Auburn, MEMarch 4, 2014
This staffing Agency has nothing but the best interest of their clients in mind. Very professional
temp service
Temp service (Former Employee), bangor maineFebruary 18, 2014
this temp service was great at finding a job for you but there philosipy was not right the believe if they get you a temp job and you do not get hired you are fired. Hardest part of job was that you were only there for a short time no one got to know you because you are despensable
Fast paced and fun and positive productive environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, MeJanuary 31, 2014
Opening and closing of entire office daily.
Producing and editing correspondence, plans and specs.
Scheduling of all conference rooms and necessary travel arrangements.
Responsible for tracking and purchasing of all necessary office supplies.
Daily processing of company wide mail, FedEx and UPS deliveries and shipments.
Professionally directing company – more... wide switchboard and incoming visitors and clients. – less
Professional Job Placements
File Clerk (Former Employee), Lewiston, MeJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: staff, assignments, and employess
Cons: time off
Well established temporary employment organization. staff very supportive and available.
great in between company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Augusta, MENovember 25, 2013
Pros: good work enviorment
Cons: short notice
I worked in a call center. I truly enjoyed it. I loved my coworkers and managers. The hardest part of my job was remembering all the rules. Talking to people and assisting them with their problems.
ok company
Temp agent (Former Employee), Augusta, MENovember 11, 2013
Pros: fun jobs
Cons: no benifets
they were a temp agent who did what tey could to keep there employees working when they had work
The staff cared about placing people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), PortlandOctober 24, 2013
Pros: an hour for lunch
Cons: wating on work
Busy
How to create folders in Excel
management cared about workers
Enjoyable was working with other people
Work can be sparce but, pay can be good.
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee), Auburn, MEAugust 15, 2013
Pros: chance to try and, apply known skills also, learn new skills.
This could vary from assembly, to factory. Multi tasking Pretty much hands off provided you could handle the assignment.Generally easy going.The work could be sparce at times.Some stability.
Good Opportunity
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Portland, MEJune 23, 2013
I was grateful for the opportunity I was given by going through Bonney Staffing and the only down side is that the job is only temporary. I am interested in a full time position with benefits.
It's a temp agency
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEMay 19, 2013
Pros: good cost effecive benifits
Cons: no work is secure and longer than 6 months.
The Branch I worked with are good people but as it's a temp agency you don't have secure jobs. Though if they know you looking for permanent full time position with another company then you may not get much work placements. Even tho I haven't handed in my Week notice which is required I was left hanging time to time and they refused to give me some – more... other work places. So they kept me with one company when they needed me.

This in turn made my finances into a mess. If they have a week notices then it would of been plenty of enough time for them to find a replacement. So be careful what you say and keep it to your self much as possible. – less
Great company to work for
Temporary Worker (Current Employee), Windham, MEMay 19, 2013
Bonney Staffing is a great company to work for however, the one assignment I had with them was not with a very good company. The company was dirty the hours very long (mandatory 50 hrs). The supervision is in desperate need of some leadership training.
Temporary Company
Back up to Lead Verifier (Former Employee), Portland, MEApril 25, 2013
This company is very helpful in finding positions for their employees.
Helpful, Friendly staff
Temp admin (Former Employee), Bangor, meApril 7, 2013
Pros: free help with your job search
Cons: wish i could get more assignments!
Went to Bonney in May last year - couldn't find a job and needed immediate income. Staff gave me honest advice about interviewing techniques and sent me on some temp jobs right off. Checked in with me periodically to make sure all was well on the job - couldn't have had a better experience, especially considering they are free!
Productive and a nice place to work.
Handwork (Current Employee), Augusta, MaineMarch 20, 2013
A typical day at work would be to check in with my supervisor and figure out what the first job of the day is. I would then clock into that job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with and around other people all day long.
would not recommend bonney
machine operator (Former Employee), Lewiston,maineFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: im done with them
Cons: i used bonney in the first place
I was tereated badly by the interviewer and hope I never have to go through that again. I hope to give Bonney staffing all the free advertisement I can- (negative)
work
Manufacturing Laborer (Former Employee), North Berwick, MEJanuary 8, 2013
i learned Manufacturing (stapling) Seat Cushions and Backs,
Assembling Chair Arms, Installing Seat Cushions and Backs,
Bagging, Boxing and Palletizing Chairs
Painting steel parts on a paint line using pneumatic paint gun
Operating Hydraulic Presses to punch holes and bend metal,
Loading and unloading parts on paint line, Riveting
Drilling holes using – more... drill press, Cutting steel using
horizontal/vertical band saw, Spot welding brackets

worked long hours/weeks
it was tough working as a temp
the best part of the job was the close distance – less
Would never use again.
Temp (Former Employee), Augusta MENovember 24, 2012
Pros: i was able to get a full time job with someone else.
Cons: see review.
Very unprofessional and unorganized staff here. I was treated poorly, and disrespectfully, when I told them that I was taking a full-time job elsewhere, with a different employer.

The job leads I received were spotty and infrequent at best; some of them weren't even full time positions. I felt like they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I – more... spent far too much time calling THEM for job leads, and not enough time receiving a CALL BACK. Very poor follow-up from these people, but they expect nothing but the best from YOU, as an "employee". – less

February 4, 2013

I was treated with so much disrespect, that I called the Maine Human Rights commission to file a complaint against them.

February 7, 2013

I can't understand how they're still in business, really.....

February 8, 2013

The person interviewing me was extremely snotty, contrary & disagreeable with everything I said. I felt so frustrated. Hopefully their other offices are better than the one I dealt with