Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation Patient Services
Title: Patient Services Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Patient Services and Programs
While a trip to the doctor may be vital, the experience can be stressful as patients deal with uncertainty of their diagnosis. The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) assists in navigating patients through education on Lung Cancer from early diagnosis and treatment options through emotional support by educating and advocating for the consumer through all phases of medical treatment.
General description of role: The PSC represents the patient in supporting and navigating their needs to the appropriate service, program or resource. The PSC will also assist patients in connecting resources to the patient. For example: referrals to physicians, medical staff or clinical trials.
1. Primary Duties:
o The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) is responsible for new patient intake answering patient inquiries about any and all questions regarding their care and provides information regarding the appropriate pathway for their care and treatment options.
o The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) will provide patient referrals, distribute educational materials and information about ALCF programs and make follow up calls to patients to inform them of new technologies/therapies, trials, drug/treatment announcements, program or service access that are relevant to their lung cancer journey.
o The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) will create data spread sheet tracking resource needs and service outcomes.
- Work with the Director of Patient Services to achieve the strategic goals and objectives established for overall program, education and patient support with a prioritization on exemplary standard of care
- Act as the initial point-of-contact to all callers and chatters, including patients, caregivers, and general inquiries.
- Use active listening and rapport building to represent the highest level of service with each interaction.
- Convey compassion, a willingness to help, as well as an ability to offer direction and hope.
- Accurately create contact records in CRM system.
- Send Director of Patient Services information in a timely manner.
- Develop relationships and track potential patients including conducting
- Purpose driven callbacks and understanding their true needs throughout their treatment.
- Actively participate in all new and ongoing patient service initiatives
- Provide personal knowledge and best practices to enhance patient experience and organizational productivity.
- Actively participate in all new and ongoing training initiatives; refine understanding of product and service knowledge regarding complex oncology and cancer treatment options and protocols.
- Monitor own effectiveness for the purpose of continued improvement.
- Develop knowledge and ability to access all available resources provided, efficient and accurate solutions.
2. Secondary Duties:
o The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) will assist Director of Patient Services with annual objectives around Patient Programs.
- Assist Director of Patient Services and Programs with Living Room Coordination, setup and Scheduling of speakers
- Assist with developing agendas and content
- Assist in Navigating Lung Cancer, 360 of HOPE edits and revisions
- Assist with processing and development of educational materials
- Assist with promotion and coordination of mobile APP awareness and tracking
- Coordinating Navigators in 360 Program – follow up and track data
- Ensure patient pages on web site are current and updated