Job Description: The Assistant Store Manager – Hourly is responsible for assisting the store manager in scheduling, supervising part-time employees, and in the day-to-day duties of running the store. This position will lead the store and perform the functions of the Store Manager in the absence of the Store Manager. This position will help train, develop, and communicate clear expectations to associates in order to achieve company objectives consistently.
1. At least one year of experience at any level in a customer related business or retail store
2. The ability to command, motivate, supervise, and take responsibility for the work of individuals under themselves.
3. A fundamental understanding of computer systems including Microsoft-based products, Internet-based products, and general computer troubleshooting
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. The drive to continually improve the company and individual performance
6. The ability to multitask between customer and employee needs in a stressful, fast-paced industry
7. The flexibility to handle the increase of peak season hours
8. A high school diploma or equivalent; some college is preferred
Salary: Salaries are negotiable based on experience. This position will be on an hourly pay schedule with hours fluctuating based on the seasonality of the textbook industry.
Company Mission Statement: To be a leading textbook company that uses technology and innovative ideas to provide the highest quality service and lowest price to college students.
About Us: In 1999, BookHolders.com created a revolutionary consignment-based interface to sell college textbooks efficiently and fairly. Our system is designed to offer students the most money for their used textbooks, while simultaneously selling textbooks at prices consistently lower than the campus bookstore. BookHolders.com has had substantial growth in both local and web based markets, expanding from our flagship store in College Park, MD, opened in 1999, to a total of seven retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region. Thanks to our successful sales model, our company is still growing and we need dedicated, creative individuals to join the BookHolders team.