Booker Employee Reviews

Fun, fresh place to work!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 28, 2016
Booker is an exciting and great place to work! It is full of professional advancement with a strong emphasis on developing skill sets. They have a good product to provide many small businesses with a solution to simplify their day, making it easy to sell.
Great company to work for
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 19, 2016
-Happy helpful staff and management team
-Team environment
-Most enjoyable part of the job, working as a team, team support, and team building activities
-Most difficult part of the job, keeping up to date on the many changes that occur do to the industry
-I learned to be self sufficient, and self motivated
Pros
Room for advancement, in a realistic time frame, at a constantly growing company
Cons
You have to learn to be independent and work with a team ( Not really a con)
Bad experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 4, 2016
I had a terrible experience the staff treated me horrible that had been there longer, and the managers were non existent on helping at all. I would NEVER recommend this business to anyone ever!
Every other department is happy, but this one!!
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2015
This position would be better if the compensation was good and the management team was better. This position does a lot and does not reap the benefits for the contributions made and the strides made. This position is the lowest of the totem pole and management doesn't make you forget it. If you are one of the favorites then you are treated like royalty, if you are not then they stunt your growth. The most excited part of this job is probably the managers in the other departments. They are kind and supportive, unlike what management is in this client success position. Nothing is exciting about this position.
Pros
company events
Cons
requests constantly denied, poor management
a fun place to work with great management
loss mitigation mortgage default specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas N.V.August 19, 2015
A typical day at work included proof reading loan modification documents to make sure all the terms are correct.Once this is done the terms are entered into the computer and the loan is balanced to match the loan documents.The terms are then locked and the loan is funded.I was always learning something new about state laws and notary requirements.The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team with my co workers to meet out goals.
Pros
team oriented, quality oriented
Cons
Great company, specific poor leadership choices
Manager, Database Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2015
I was brought on to manage an 8 person dev team. I've been a bit jaded because I started about 45 days ago and they basically did a reorg and turned the product and tech orgs upside down and moved my people all over the place. They didn't involve me in these decisions so I resent them for that. It's my team. Or is it? Now that they have moved them to a bunch of other teams it isn't. I know that's not typical. Normally their manager would be involved in the decision, and it's totally normal for the manager to feel resentment if they are not.

Needless to say, I have a serious beef with the leadership team in the tech and product orgs for this reason.
Pros
Agile, young group.
Good Company to work for.
Enterprise Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 20, 2015
The company is solid, good pay and benefits. There is room for advancement, and the executive team is very personable. Good place to work and great environment.
Great place to start a career!
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2013
This company has a great culture! I would recommend Booker as a great place to begin a professional career. There are many advancement opportunities and ways to contribute to the overall growth of the business. Communication between departments is a little lacking, but this is a start-up with lots of potential and many passionate professionals.
Young, Energetic Atmosphere
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2013
Strong work/life balance

Hands on CEO

Commitment to giving back to the community

Booker sponsored social outings
Pros
convenient location (downtown, by nearly all subways)
Cons
low pay / little opportunity for advancement
Lack of focus
Associate Product Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 9, 2014
Chasing too many enterprise deals and ignoring our SMB product.
Pros
free beer
Cons
very poor compensation
Work Hard, Play Hard
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
Booker is a great place to work. People are friendly and the culture is great. The company is growing so fast!
Young tech start up
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
A 9-6 job that allowed me to learn and understand the world of sales.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
paid too little