Booking.com Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2017
Working here is nice, the pay is good, and there are benefit she like ping pong table, massage chairs, and couches. Also the job is very easy. The company is also very diverse.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Management, Short breaks
Pretty office
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 20, 2017
Pretty office but really boring work. Angry customers it is really just a pretty standard customer service call center job. Management is nice and the free fruit is pretty cool.
Pros
free fruit
It's an okay place.
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2017
The people you work with are really nice. They pay well compared to other companies, but we deal with complaint on a daily basis. Also, even though we are dealing with customers, they want to time us and make sure we finish the calls quickly. Also, they required us to tell about our surveys. Surveys about our service, where we always received negative results due to the hotel's fault.
Pros
Free food and fruits.
Cons
Complaints, complaints, complaints.
thoroughly diverse and cutting edge
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 10, 2017
The most forward thinking management that I have worked for, very open minded and inclusive. Very positive experience. Great benefits lots of overtime.
Pros
great diverse culture
Diversity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2017
Working at Booking.com is easy as the system that they use is updated and fast.
I learned to how to handle a difficult situation with the customer and how to turn it into a good experience.
Good Company for Growth
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 27, 2017
This company helps with learning new cultures and places. It is very inclusive and I can see so much growth here. I love this company and do not wish to depart but I must take care of my health issues.
Excellent
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 22, 2017
Booking.com is one of the most diverse companies I've ever worked for, they give you a lot of benefits with a good salary. Amazing environment and culture.
great company
direct manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
great company with a work life balance. day to day changes often as this is still a growing company with more potential to grow. the workplace culture is open and laid back.
Excellent place to work!
Credit Control Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 5, 2017
I cannot say enough great things about this company. Company international travel, fantastic staff, caring management all the way to the CEO. Would work for them again in an instant!
Low Pay and Zero Job Security
CSE (Current Employee) –  BerlinJune 1, 2017
Salary much lower than the average for this type of work and somewhere near the salary that a professional cleaner or anyone without any qualification would be making (without any exposure to the stresses of this particular type of job).

You are supposed to leave your desk exactly at 5:30 if your shift ends there, you are not supposed to do more than what your job specification entails.

Reporting "unethical behavior" is encouraged within the company and employees are invited to "give feedback" on the performance and commitment of other employees which makes for the unpleasant feeling of being constantly under scrutiny (and this is quite separate from your metrics, that also come on top of all that measuring).

An awkward silence comes if you say anything slightly critical (even if it is a joke) about the company.

The greatest drawback of working for this company has been the zero job security. You start with a one-year contract and the probation period is 6 months. Then there is a possibility for contract renewal but this is only for another six months or for another year. So you are constantly stressed if you will get extended, your life is secure for only another 6 months or for another year. If you want to apply for a loan or for a nicer apartment, if you have a family or dependents to provide for, or if you have to convince the immigration authorities, this contract is not going to get you anywhere.

If I were to be entirely fair, i think i should rate it at 2.5 but having to choose between 2 and 3 stars, I would go for 2 because giving the full 3 stars
  more... would be a misrepresentation.  less
Pros
international teams, interesting colleagues, competent and helpful management
Cons
no job security, poverty wages, tactics to keep people docile, stressful interactions with customers or partners, you have to speak all day
Good work life balance
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2017
Work time is flexible and work load is fair.

People are friendly and helpful.

Sometimes needs to communicate with other develop team outside the country, need to fit their schedule.
Good place
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2017
Great benefits, pay did increase since I left the job. Structure for bonus has changed so did performance numbers. More PTO, always had the option to work or bank holiday pay. Get to go to Amsterdam. They have gotten rid of some managers that really didn't know anything. I didn't like it when they took the seniors and made them their own team, however, they should have had one senior there for support at all times.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Terrible Managers, No work/life Balance
Productive and fun place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 26, 2017
At Booking.com, we have a very unique and fun work culture. Our workforce is friendly, open to change, embraces diversity, always willing to help out one another, and I really feel appreciated for the work I do. I love the environment that I work in, and there are several perks to working for this company (on site gym, great benefits, transparency in communication from Management, TONS of booking swag items).
Pros
Open office environment, Recognition from Management, helpful colleagues
Best Job i ever had
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 22, 2017
I will always regret screwing up my time at booking.com, because they were honestly the best company i have ever worked for. They treat everyone they are involved with with the upmost repsect. always will recommend them to friends
Startup culture with 14k employees
Business/Product Manager (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 18, 2017
Booking.com has great culture; dynamic, innovative and constantly growing. Leader go though a lot training to ensure they focus on effective execution and employees' growth.

I grew tremendously as a leader and individual contribution, but most importantly an influencer.

I enjoyed the focus on customer, continuous testing to make our front end the the most efficient in the industry.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
HQ in Amsterdam
Amazing how this company care about the employer
Senior Customer service Senior (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 18, 2017
Amazing how this company care about the employer
The environment is very family oriented and the peers that I work with are amazing and meanwhile we work we also enjoy the day with some fun activity
Pros
Value and opportunity to growth
Cons
to many opportunity to choose
A challenging place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMay 6, 2017
I lost multiple days of benefit time while working for Booking.com. This company is geared to millennials that do not have families.As an agent during their peak session you can expect nothing bu call after call.
Pros
Trips to Europe - pay is okay
Great place to learn from each others
Trained Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 3, 2017
Working at Booking has been an incredible experience. The entire personnel is very friendly and helpful when in comes to guide and teach newcomers. The managers are patient and really want you to succeed and stabilize in the company.
Does make its employees feel appreciated
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2017
Good company to get into. My dilemma was there was really no set path to go where I wanted to go (marketing). Everyone just states keep doing a good job to "set yourself up" but no clear indicators of what to do next. Operations theres a clear path as is project management, but besides that not much else. This job was a customer service job so eight hours on the phone, but several breaks are scheduled and the lounge area is nice place to relax in. Company does its best to celebrate holidays, if you are working you'll be fed and may receive a trinket or gift. Benefits are good with paid time off given in set amounts and cannot take them into the next year. Set schedule and may swap and request off as needed. My advice try to get a morning shift or if late shift a four day week as coming home at 1-2 am can become draining and two days off is not enough.
Great Environment and training opportunities
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 26, 2017
Amazing team atmosphere to help achieve goals,. Lots of opportunities for training and my manager was supportive and helped me to improve each quarter.
They seemed to really take the time to help you develop and achieve in your position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booking.com. Our community is ready to answer.