Booking.com Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting to work with International Clients
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Basically you are answering calls from hotels and clients and problem solve for both. I have learned to problem solve quickly.

Our management is based in Holland, and I have not the opportunity to meet with them. The division in the states is based out of Grand Rapids and also have not met in person, we sometimes teleconference with them.

The hardest part of the job is when you have to tell clients what they do not want to hear. Also when hotels oversell their rooms and our
clients get to the hotel and they have no place to stay. It becomes
a challenge to find a place equal to what they booked within 30 mins to an hour. The other hardest part of the job for me is working nights til 1:30 am.

The most enjoyable part of working is the co-workers by far the best.
Pros
co workers, benefit package
Cons
working nights, low salary
Ever changing and fast pace environment
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 1, 2015
I love the culture of the company. It's very casual business, but also very innovative and ever-changing. The opportunity to travel is always great, however, I feel there should be a reevaluation of management positions and I think improvements are slower to come to action due to lack of proper talent for the field. The company is great, however, some realignments are needed.
Pros
travel
Cons
lower than market pay
Great Place to work with Wonderful Benifits
Accommodations Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 24, 2015
I really like my job at Booking.com and know that the company as a whole works hard to put the client first whether they be guests or partners.

At this juncture, I have no opportunity for advancement unless I relocate which at this time is not an option.

Management really works hard to make sure that all employees are valued for their efforts and the diversity of staff is excellent !
Pros
Diversity
Cons
No room to move up for me.
Aviod working here unless you enjoy unfair customer treatment
dealing with customer service (Former Employee) –  corporateJuly 2, 2016
I have never worked with this company but have been exposed to their policies in action. I am a travel writer with travel experience around the world and have never encountered a company with worse customer service policies in the hospitality business. They have no heart. No matter what extenuating circumstances a customer has, the bottom line is Booking.com's bottom line. Avoid
working here unless you enjoy constant stress of disappointing customers.
Pros
a job
Cons
unethical customer policies
Last resort!
Customer Service Executive 2 (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2016
If you are very desperate of a job, I would recommend Booking.com.. Yes, they give you a game room, gym, etc.. but that is only to try and cover up their poor management, and to distract you from the kiss a** promotions that everyone else is getting. I worked for 3 years, had 8 different "managers" and honestly can say only one was suited for the job. Many of the managers come to work high and just stare at the screen and are clueless when a solution is needed. Micromanagement is probably the biggest issue in the office. The company has turned from focusing on quality to quantity. Don't get fooled by the perks.. It would be better if they focused more on how to spend the "perks" money on setting up good management and pay their employers better.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
poor management
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 24, 2016
The company is well cultured and well structured outside of the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. The company is one of the best places for employment in the area, and that's as good as it will get on the professional level in Grand Rapids along with Amway. This is a industrial city thats behind in times. The people that run the office are the ones that are uncouth and unprofessional. The "higher up's" are the ones that cause the problems for the employees who are smart and do all of the work for the clowns that sit in the office and listen to the phone calls.... In my opinion stay away and get a job in a factory or better yet move out of the state.
Stressful workplace and negative environment
Customer service executive (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIFebruary 5, 2016
This place went downhill fast. Everything is numbers based and there is so much pressure to get high numbers. The website was not clear hence the high number of complaint calls. Some managers were cool but overall very stressful.
Pros
Trip to Amsterdam. Benefits. Pay was ok
Cons
Too much pressure. High Stress
fun people
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 7, 2015
The job is not bad and the people you work with are great the environment can get a little crazy with management being very strict and demanding.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no advancements
True Customer Service
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working at Booking.com in the customer service executive position.

There are no sales that have to be paired with assisting guests with this position, and no one day is ever the same.

The atmosphere/ environment is like working in a mini United Nations as there are many languages being spoken, cultures that are observed, and lifestyles that mesh together for the good of the customer needing service.
Pros
non scripted, no sales, team building, quick advancement, fun work environment
"Diversity" for the most
Bilingual Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2016
Management is horrible! This is a last resource job. The pay sucks for the stress guest and team leaders put on you. They truly try to enslave you. You have to stand up for yourself or else they will run all over you. Oh and HR SUCKS!!
Pros
Free coffee, game room
Cons
short breaks, managment
The Best People to Work With.
Senior Coordinator Hotels (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2015
Working at Booking.com taught me to find a work life balance at my next job because I found I thought and talked about work all the time. The culture is amazing, but the amount of work that is expected makes it difficult to enjoy the culture they work so hard to achieve. I did meet some of my best friends working here and am very grateful for the opportunity is make ever lasting friendships.
Pros
travel
Cons
no work life balance, too much work, too little pay
Best Company ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 23, 2016
I loved working at booking, they were great and gave us a feeling of appriciation. The pay rate was amazing and the ability to make money was always great,
Pros
pay, benefits, atmosphere
Cons
schedulle flexibility
Culturally diverse workplace w/ Opportunity to Advance
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2012
There is some favoritism in all departments, and promotions given that were definitely not deserved... However, I can honestly say this office helps anyone working there develop an understanding, and acceptance, of diversity. Mostly really friendly co-workers, very cool to hear so many languages and learn about other cultures. Long hours with very strict break/lunch times, 8 or 10 hour shifts. Low control for much of the Customer Care department, and the "cces" that do the most work are at the bottom. They must assist with huge overbooking situations multiple times a day, employees are now encouraged to place blame on hotel partners when assisting clients... Booking.com is never wrong.
Pros
benefits, some great colleagues
Cons
favoritism (though it worked in my favor) short breaks, big expectations
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 27, 2016
Each day would be used to its fullest. You would take calls dealing with either hoteliers or customers. Dealt with concerns and overbooking situations.
Productive and fun place to work with culture
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 10, 2015
Typical day at work would be working the phones for accommodations and guests for hotel reservations. I have learned a lot about managing time and productivity with work. Management is 5*. The hardest part is attendance policy, the scheduling of the job and pay.
Most enjoyable part is my weekends and the culture here.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Executive II (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 29, 2015
Supportive Management, Competitive Environment. Being a large corporation however they do have the tendency to ignore individuals in lieu of numbers.
Local office was wonderful and full of camaraderie.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2015
Booking.com was a wonderful place to be. I loved my job there. I liked the travel and meeting new people.I was able to put many life skills to use there.Management for the most part was supportive,
Unfortunately, the need for as many people as the local office had decreased and I was not able at the time to relocate.
I was caught in a Reduction in Force.
Na
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 10, 2016
The hardest part is the company's glowing pain, and the company changes everything very fast and it takes time to adjust to the changes.
customer service
Bilingual Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMay 12, 2016
Booking is nice to work at though very hard to better yourself and move up in the company, lots of unfair treatment when it came to promotions
Terrible!
Office Administrator/Event Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2015
While the culture may be fun, that only lasts for about a week when you realize people who are managers haven't graduated from diapers to potty on their own.

Sale people are subjected to their phone, half hour for lunch, if you're one minute late, you get points against you.

As for the admin side, while they don't do that (well last I was there), the Office Manager has serious issues of her own. The level of disrespect is an atrocity. The admin calls are a waste of time. All voices chiming in on how a job could be done better instead of taking those two hours and doing the job.

They expect you to life heavy boxes and the sales team can't help you if you ask for help, you get in trouble. ???? This coming from twenty something year old manager who does nothing but writing poetry all day on how much he loves the company and reads them during the Monday morning meetings (issues much?)

Then they're not sure who you're reporting to...are you reporting to the office manager or the manager on site who has secret conversations with the office manager and then come back and invent stories about you three months later.

The employees there have a lot of grown up to. Since my departure, they haven't found a suitable admin and agencies in New York refuse to work with them because they don't know what they are looking for.

If you're an admin, spare yourself from this circus. Trust me the Ringling Brother's treat their elephants better than you would be treated at this place. I still have physical issues from having worked there.

If you want stability this isn't the
  more... place. While the CEO is smart, the people they place in management are not and the turnover rate is astounding.

Any admin with well over ten years of experience should not be working here. The managers are spoiled and rotten to the core. Respect yourself and find something more promising with people that will respect you in return.

Oh top of that for such a large title comes a very small salary.
Pros
Cons
Everything a company shouldn't be!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booking.com. Our community is ready to answer.