Boomerang Tube LLC Employee Reviews

Alot of hours, but most weekends off for me
Liberty, Supply chain (Current Employee) –  PurchasingFebruary 13, 2018
I started at Boomerang Tube, Liberty Tx Plant, in May of 2017 so far the pay hasn't been bad I've been getting 60 plus hours a week and we do get quarterly bonuses.
After Hurricane Harvey they gave all hourly $500 gift cards and if you had damage they gave you another $500, we were back to work in less than two weeks after the storm.
I've seen a lot of reviews that talked about how some of the management was not up to par, we are an oilfield supplier, most of the management team are experience with the division that they are in. Management with me has been very professional with me.
Pros
Good pay, insurance, bonuses, paid vacation
Cons
Hours
Good place to get your start in the industry, with great benefits.
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXJanuary 4, 2018
This is a fairly new company that has struggled to keep afloat with the recent oil plunge. That being said, considering the hardships the company had endured with this, they are still here and running pipe daily. That shows they are doing something right, customer satisfaction is always met. The hours aren't bad, but the scheduling could be planned better.
Friendly fast paced working environment
Machine Operator/Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXOctober 31, 2017
A typical day at work usually starts in the lunch room. show up for daily orientation and safety meetings followed by shift change. Complete tasks at hand while working safely.

Prior to on the job training employees must complete some osha industrial safety courses. I learned a little bit about mill machinery operations, how to visually examine industrial tubing for flaws and how to do some maintenance to mill machinery.

Management and staff is always helpful.

In my opinion the hardest part of the job is the amount of fatigue a person must experience when working long hours.

The friendly working environment.
Working at Boomerang.
Production Line Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXJuly 18, 2017
Pay was good. Work was hard. The people at Boomerang are good hard working people. they ware nice and fun to work with. I learned a lot working at Boomerang.
A pipeline manufacturing plant
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXMay 31, 2017
Boomerang Tube was a learning experience I worked very hard for them. I learned a lot on how to be safe because I saw people get injured on the job. They paid well though.
good job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXMay 10, 2017
I loved working here. this company was like a family to me but when oil is down don't expect to pay your bills. the company is not top of the chain so when oil is down so are you.
okay place to work
QA Technical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXApril 12, 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced and ever changing. You learn something new every day. The hardest part of the job is advancing if you are a woman.
I loved working there, but there were bad days
Mill Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXMarch 28, 2017
To many bosses and all trying to do something a different way while the employees see it all. Not good for employees to see faults in upper management.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Allot of hours away from family
Great Personnel
QC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXMarch 14, 2017
not my type of industry. long hours and many days worked in a row until a schedule was put in to place. did learn a lot about an industry i never worked in before.
Pros
healthcare, bonuses
n/a
General Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2017
typical day at work 8 hrs.
management changed.
workplace culture is acceptable.
the hard part of the job is to keep up with chsnges

Want to know more about Boomerang Tube LLC?

Ask a question
Great management, poor supervision.
Inline UT Operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXOctober 6, 2016
This was one of the better jobs for me as the hours were abundant. I was always asked if I could work an extra shift, or stay over or come in early. The infrastructure of this company was very well established. The only downside is that aside from management, supervision seemed to have been hap-hazardly chosen. I have seen supervisors that deserve to be management, but maybe one or two. All of the management I encountered were extremely knowledgeable and experienced for their positions. Supervisors however often knew less than the employees, and were in place as task-masters for lack of a better word.
Pros
1 hour paid lunch, immense amount of hours when the market was up
Cons
Some supervision seemed clueless
never going back.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXAugust 22, 2016
This was one of the worst places i have ever worked. they only care about their bottom line. they will tell you that safety is number one then quality but its not its all about the production and safety is the last thing their concerned with. and they dont really care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
the whole place
i really enjoyed my job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXJuly 20, 2016
wish the company would pick back up. I enjoyed the eople I worked with and overall I enjoyed my Job. I would get there early and leave late to ensure my job was done to the best of my abilities
Average
Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2016
Good company, nothing special, nothing bad. The work is very straightforward for my position. I might consider working for them again.
Poor place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXOctober 22, 2015
Management ruined what could have been a great place to work. The maintenance manager would not allow promotion from within and would go so far as to lie about positions. The production managers allowed poor work practices to continue and would not bring accountability to operators tearing up equipment. As long as you are a buddy of the supervisor, you could do whatever you want but if not, don't even sneeze wrong. Equipment is falling apart due to management not getting parts needed for proper repair. The company seems to be run by people that either don't know or don't care. Finally had all I could take and jumped on a better opportunity. Seriously consider not working here if you have ANY other option.
Pros
Trying really hard to think of one
Cons
Productive and Challenging place to work
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXOctober 15, 2015
Worked at Boomerang since its inception in April of 2010. I learned an awful lot while working there. There are a lot of good people that work there that are very dedicated and great to work with. The best part of the job was that I truly loved working there.
Pros
Good employees that turned into good friends
Cons
Corporate politics
Honestly, I have really nothing to say.
Full time - Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXSeptember 24, 2015
I have honestly nothing to say, I was there temporary. But, i would say this company didn't seem united as in being valued and being a team.
Pros
Cons
review my comment
Great job
Swamper/Yard hand (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXSeptember 13, 2015
workers are funny, the bosses are great to work with and for. They are very understanding when it comes to family emergency.
Unstable company
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  LibertySeptember 8, 2015
No organization or communication. Complete lack of planning and management. Operated on the insanity principle. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results
Terrible
Quality (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXJuly 2, 2015
Had the potential to be something great. Management pretty much ruined that. Lack of experienced personnel due to low starting wages. Chaos is another good way of explaining this company.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boomerang Tube LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9