Boomtown Casino Employee Reviews

Good
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LADecember 15, 2016
Great work place, fast paced, friendly staff and co workers. Decent pay and benefits. Was able to learn a lot while there. It's been a good experience
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39530November 22, 2016
Overall a great company to work for. Everyone is friendly but not much chance for advancing in the accounting department.
Pros
Free lunch, fantastic fellow workers
It's a dark PIT.
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 6, 2016
When I started there everyone was the best to work with. I would deal craps most of the time loved that. As the years went by, management got worst, and the environment was squeezed to smaller environment for the dealing body.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management, Shift
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 17, 2016
I've learned to imrove my customer service. I learned by treating the people that bring their business to Boomtown like "guest" and not "customers" makes them feel like family and attracts them to coming back.
Was a rewarding job because of the regular customers & benifits
Ms Bartender/Cocktail on Grave (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 28, 2016
A typical shift included a good staff as well as supervisor. Also the regular customers were always glad to see me when I got to work
Pros
employee dining room, benifits & staff
Cons
short breaks
marine op (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 27, 2016
The years that I spent here at this job I learned a lot. I worked a lot and wasnt able to continue to work 14 hour shifts with no days off.
Great people to work with
Grill attendant /General Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 25, 2016
My coworkers were the best part of the job, because they were always there. They understood the environment of a casino and had to work through the fast pace as well. Hardest part of the job was definitely the long hours and less than 12 hour turnarounds
Pros
the community of people
Cons
short handed
Pay
Harvey La - Slot Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAJune 3, 2016
Great company but the compensation/ benefits did not level with the amount of work that was required. Chances for advancement is possible but challenging.
Pros
culture
Cons
short breaks
productive
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 27, 2016
I loved working at boomtown, I loved the people and the enviorment, it was a face upbeat enviorment and the customers were great. I be came a lead within 6months because I was a good and fast worker. I loved and trained my new employees and co-worker and we mastered what ever we needed to.
Pros
great place to retire
Cons
no cons
car dealer
car dealer (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAApril 26, 2016
• Provides accurate and efficient dealing at assigned table game
• Follows game procedures when dealing Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Poker, Baccarat, and any other form or variation of table games
• Receives wagers from customers and pays the appropriate game outcomes
• Maintains game security and protects company assets at all times
• Assists customers in understanding the rules and ensures adherence to established policies and procedures
great enviornment to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAApril 10, 2016
great place to work. I learned how to unload shipment fast pace area to work in. I was lifting a lot of heavy boxes learned about safety protocols
Pros
healthcare lunch breaks
Cons
no advancement to grow
worked 40+ hours on a schedule that only had you on it for 37 hours
Steward (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 6, 2016
Rinse all plates,cups,silverware then stack them in a tray and send them through the wash . On the other side of the wash we would stack them in their proper place. we would scrub the pans and pots then send them through the was and put them in the proper place. after everything was put up we would then wash off the machines and walls then clean the floors . I learned that just because you are a part time employee dose not mean that you do not work full time hours.The hardest part of this job was when your schedule ended dose not mean that it is time to go home.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
A part time employee working over 45 hours per week, No benefits because I was a part time employee, scheduled to work only 37 hours per week, but we could not leave until the job was completed
Lot of excitement
CAGE/MY CHOICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 15, 2016
Boomtown gives you the opportunity to meet guests of all types. You will gain the knowledge of learning how to communicate with guests and team members. The opportunity for growth is definitely a part of the casino's development.
Pros
Fun and Excitement
Cons
Family Balance
great place to start your career
Dishwasher/Stewart (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 11, 2016
learned a lot about washing dishes and sweeping and moping floors and taking out trash and standing on my feet for long time it was agreat place to start my career
Pros
free lunch every day
Cons
30 minutes breaks and 45 min breaks
Not a good experience the last fue months with the leadership of the company
Supervisor of Security and Transportation (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 11, 2016
Expectations were unrealistic in the daily work environment and there was always a sense of waiting for the expectations to change. No guidance or oppurtunity to obtain goals.
Pros
Cons
management
Fair compansation but, minimal advancement potential with unstable job culture
Slot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 21, 2015
Due in part to poor location and part to inconsistent management the work environment is fair at best. This casino has failed to retain many of its unique qualities that set it apart from other casinos. Recently, management had decided to align its property management values with its other properties. The results has been a loss of the properties original character and the loss of many devout patrons.
Pros
Great guest service, veriety of entertainment value
Cons
average food qaulity, poor theme
SLOT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LADecember 17, 2015
Laughter and fun is encouraged and rewarded. Management is understanding and fair. Atmosphere is relaxed and upbeat.
Pros
Interaction with customers is encouraged
Cons
Pay is not competitive with area
Steakhouse Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  BOSSIER CITYDecember 14, 2015
It was okay. Management not so awesome. Dont care for the employees.But the ppl are nice and friendly and all the worked there. So with that beeing said. Its a job.
Disappointed in the way that management handles employees
La. Bartender/BeverageServer (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAOctober 29, 2015
Although hired to work swing shift, shortly after starting there, I was told that if I didn't go to graveyard that I was to be let go. I worked this (1:30 a.m.- 10 a.m.) for three years and as soon as an opening came for another shift, I was found ineligible to transfer. The management decided to let a beverage server take the bartender's position. I was also on FMLA for a pinched nerve in my neck at the time.
Pros
Fellow team members were like a family.
Cons
Dishonesty from management and Human Resources
A good job managing working teenager
Supervisor of Boomtown Casino's Family Fun Center (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 18, 2015
A typical day at Boomtown's Family Fun Center was a challenge everyday. I was the night supervisor and was full of teens calling in, and no shows having me call around to find someone to fill shifts on the floor. Most of my nights were very busy but fun. I enjoyed working with and supervising children and teens. One of the hardest parts of the job was not being home in the evenings with my kids. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got to work with some creative and fun young people.
Pros
A fun and challenging job.
Cons
Missed my own kids because I had to work all night shifts and weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boomtown Casino. Our community is ready to answer.