Boomtown Casino Employee Reviews

It's a good work place
Buser (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 5, 2017
A very easy job. Its layed back.Love talking with the customer. Good management, the hours are good. Nice employees, like the team work they give helping one another.
Pros
Swipe badge for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 22, 2017
I really liked working there even on grave yard shift,there was always different customers there and I never had any problems with any of them.Thought about reapplying there but unfortunately my ex still works there so it would still be impossible to work there
Pros
Loved the environment and the people
Cons
Honestly I can't think of any
Not for me
Casino operations (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LANovember 6, 2017
Being a Casino Dealer is a life style that i couldn't fit. I went through classes before hand and it wasn't nearly enough preparation.I never had a dealing mechanics infraction once.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Doing fast math at 3 a.m.
ok
Line attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 29, 2017
met alot of new and interesting people. most everyone was nice and friendly and the work was hard but learned alot. Had one supervisor who was unprofessional and rude but the rest were great
Productive and fun
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAOctober 25, 2017
Very loving company that cares. They will help you with anything they can. You never have to worry about disrespect or anything of that manner. Always Professional.
Hospitality is what it is
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LA 71111October 3, 2017
The pros of working in hospitality are working in a fun environment and around lots of people. The cons are the hours you work. Not the number of hours but holidays and weekends.
Great company
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 29, 2017
Loved my job there. Great people and atmosphere. Very organized. Very safe job. Company CEO was very nice and easy to talk to. If you needed time off it was never a problem.
Pros
great company
Cons
very face paced
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 5, 2017
Boomtown was a great place to work.i would recommend and tell everyone about this place. The only thing i didnt like was the pay.you dont get a raise.
Hourly Rate
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 5, 2017
Boomtown does not have competitive salary and benefits. The work environment was fun. Management was there but too many complaints wore the managers out. Co-workers were not given the right tools to efficiently do their work.
It's a nice place
Marine crew (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 28, 2017
It's a big place to work a lot of friendly faces always have to keep a smile on your face to interact wit all the new people you meet and have a positive attitude
Good Supervisors
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAAugust 18, 2017
I worked with great people at boomtown but we were saddled an incompetent and sleezy dierctor. People were friendly but the director was unfair and discriminatory in his promotion and hiring policies. The new director, Harold McKenzie is an excellent and fair and intellegent boss.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Discriminatory practices
Fun workplace
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bayview Avenue Biloxi MississippiAugust 17, 2017
Nice place to work, love the camping I work for, nice and friendly guess, I love when a guess win a jackpots and I get to paid them, also meeting new people.
Casino Life
Slots Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 16, 2017
Casino employment was fun. The opportunities to broaden your customer service skills are abundant. Casino staff is friendly and customers usually leave happy.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
High turnover rate.
Ok job
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAAugust 16, 2017
Left because agreements were not met. Loved the work but said would get a raise after 90 days and was there almost a year and no wage increase. Changed job for advancement.
Great place
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 1, 2017
Great pay fun place to work open Communications with management fun leaders would work for pinnacle property again. Over all awesome place So go for it
Pros
Family like
Cons
Drama
Bc
employee/guest relations (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAJuly 29, 2017
The people here are fine but the management sucks. They pay you by the minute, they don't pay you for your lunch, they make you pay for the lunch they provide and they give you no breaks
Challenging
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 28, 2017
Casino life is not for everyone, having to deal with rude customers on a daily basis and management does not want to hear about your complaints. Department managers refuse to work with one another and budgets and raises are biased.
It was a nice place to work n nice people to work with
Casino Porter (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 27, 2017
We had nice surrounding neat n clean everyone got alone the supervisors would aways help us out on the floor we laugh talk but we also made sure we did our jobs as well we greet every one with a smile friendly greeting if anyone came to us with a problem if we was not able to solve it we would always get our supervisor
Amazing Job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 23, 2017
This was a very good job for me. The environment was wonderful and I think it fit me very well. I am a people person and this job allowed me to utilize my people skill everyday. Unfortunately I worked at this job before I got a chance to receive the help I needed for my ptsd and other injuries that caused me to act and feel in ways that made me very anxious and depressed. Now I am better and would do well working there.
Fun Awesome Job
Food/ Beverage Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 6, 2017
This was a great job for me, My very first job in Food an Beverage Management.Typical Day= Walking all levels checking on staff checking bars for any problems. making sure staff has everything thry need to be sucessful.
What I learned= I learned alot from this job, how to manage people young an old.