Boone Hospital Center Employee Reviews

was a great atmosphere to work
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 26, 2017
Moving to a new town, a new work place, physicians-- Was a great way to start my work life in Columbia MO!! Everyone was pleasant, team building environment.
Cons
working two different nursing jobs and trying to schedule between the two places was difficult
Team work
CNA Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 9, 2017
The thing I loved most about Boone is that everyone on the general medicine floor worked together and came together when it got really busy. Supervisors and most nurses helped out too. Great support.
an okay place to work. liked my coworkers
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 1, 2017
I worked midnights alone in Radiology. Most nights were okay and easy to get through. I didn't mind working alone as long as the workflow allowed me to work at a reasonable pace. I don't care for working over nights but I loved the people I worked with.
A positive work enviroment to work in
Certified GI Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 30, 2017
I really enjoy working at Boone hospital and making a difference in people's lives. A smile can brighten someone's day and excellent customer service.
Typical day
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 19, 2017
Day to day, was answering emails and handling emails but that would to lead to other things. You have to be very flexible with your day to handle to the work load.
Time for a change.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 18, 2017
I worked 12 hour shifts. I try to learn something new each day. Management was in transition. Work culture was stressful and fast paced. Hardest part of my job was working with a younger generation. The most enjoyable part of my job was my patients.
Excellent Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 4, 2017
The employees of Boone Hospital Center make it a wonderful place to work and receive health care. There is a sense of community within the organization that makes you feel supported and loved.
Great people to work with
Senior Lead Performance Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 11, 2017
Dedicated to the well being of the individual that comes in through the doors. It maybe stressful at times, but management is aware of the stress level that the workforce encounters. People care.
Fun work place to learn new things
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MO 65201August 20, 2017
This job has shown me a different type of work environment , it is fun learning new things and gaining different types of skills. The hardest part of the job was not being able to interact with the public.
Would recommend Boone to family and friends
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 14, 2017
Professional group of caregivers, would recommend Boone to friends and family. Unpredictable patient flow. Many days with no lunch breaks. Rarely, if ever get any 15 min breaks.
Pros
Good group of caregivers and staff to work with. Would highly recommend Boone to others
Cons
Rarely get a lunch, and if we do, rarely get a 30 min lunch
my review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 25, 2017
Boone was an amazing place to work, all of the staff was very helpful and there was great team work. No matter what floor you worked on the staff was very nice and helpful.
Love love love
Departmental Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 24, 2017
I loved every minute of working here, if the compensation could have been competitive I would still be here. The boss was one of the best I've ever had and the staff were great
Pros
staff appreciation
Cons
lack of competitive pay
Not enough caring faces to mamy burnt out nurses
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 18, 2017
I was a tech and witnessed many things that were not great with this hospital. Nurses who would rather gossip than check on patients, being very judgemental, calling people needy etc. I was very disappointed in this company and chose to remove myself from the situation. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Insurance is great
Cons
No breaks, no structure, compassion fatigued nurses.
Busy never a dull moment
Telecommunication Operator-(part-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 16, 2017
you are always learning new things and new procedures. We were family and we helped each other out and covered shifts when someone couldn't make it in.
Pros
everything
Cons
more recommendations of all what we did
Overall a pretty good place to work in building maintenance.
Plant Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MO 65201May 14, 2017
Typically there is no typical day at work in hospital maintenance. We are the first responders for everything from clogged toilets to exploding transformers or burst pipes. In addition, we also perform routine preventative maintenance tasks on beds, the pneumatic tube system, kitchen equipment, HVAC equipment, among other things. I feel well supported in being given the tools and supplies to tackle whatever challenges come up in a workday. I have been provided with on the job training courses and have learned a lot from my coworkers. Department management has not always been receptive to employee concerns and often lacks follow through. The job is pretty laid back much of the time, but major challenges that can affect patient experience do arise, and require swift response to avoid impacting either the patient directly, or the clinical staff's ability to deliver exceptional patient care, so at times, this responsibility can be pretty stressful. It is rewarding to know that we are all team members that are helping patients through some of the biggest challenges that they might face.
Pros
Excellent benefits and ample paid time off.
Cons
Pay is low relative to healthcare maintenance jobs at other local hospitals.
Loved the floor I worked on.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 8, 2017
Great place to learn, you will be able to float around the hospital on different floors to get all the experience needed. I worked on Oncology and I absolutely loved the patients.
Pros
Tons of overtime.
Cons
Short breaks if any
everyday life
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 11, 2017
i really liked working at Boone and if i didn't move i would still be working there. i loved talking to patients and staff it was a real friendly and caring enviroment
Pros
great place to work
Cons
sadness just working at a hospital watching people in pain
currently responsible for supplies for 4c
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 1, 2017
Currently responsible for ordering & putting supplies and way in the medication rooms. Keeping all items updated. Go to warehouse & pull orders as put into system.
Pros
free lunch, once a month along with meetings.
Cons
I'm maxed out on salary.
Caring people but a grueling schedule
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 30, 2017
It's a hospital job. Long hours with lots of responsibility but you are properly compensated. Terrible work life balance, insufficient breaks and lots of unneccessary charting. Need to have better nurse to patient ratios.
Boone Hospital
Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  PCSS OfficeMarch 13, 2017
I have been employed here for years and looking for a different type of nursing now. Boone has great benefits to offer staff. The pay could improve and staff retention isn't as important as it should be.