Boone Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Productive and active with community
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 1, 2016
I learned to work well with others especially with communication. I can easily adapt to new surroundings and environments, as well as work as a fast pace with quick deadlines. I appreciated the ability to meet new people and brighten up their days even if it was just assisting them with something throughout the hospital. I learned to have compassion and learn to empathize with others especially not knowing what they are going through but the small talk could go a long way.
Some of the challenging parts about the job were not being able to uplift everyone's spirit upon their stay giving their situations, it was hard growing connections with some patients and hear that they may have took turn for the worst.
Things I really enjoyed were making persons around me happy and helping them in any way that I could.
Historically excellent
Attending Physician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 23, 2016
Suffering in recent years from the pressures of corporate medicine.
The administration pays more attention to their control and the bottom line than the physician-patient relationship.
Great Environment !
Talent Acquisition Coordinator - HR (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 24, 2016
Great environment, very friendly and family oriented. I would recommend everyone and anyone to apply for a position here and also highly recommend if ever need medical care.
Pros
location
Cons
currently in temp position
This job requires you to be able to multi task and a high level of productivity. A desk job with little room for advancement.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 25, 2016
Magnet Hospital
Charge nurse on nights for 60 bed unit (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 20, 2016
One of the premier hospitals in the mid-central Missouri area. Quality from top to bottom. A magnet hospital which is pro-active evidence-based health care facility.
Pros
Positive working culture.
Cons
Learned a lot about time managment and customer service skills
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 13, 2016
A typical work day for me included but not limited too:
food prep
making sure food was at safe temperatures
stocking
cleaning and wiping down workspace
assisting customers at computer checkout
transitioning between meals

Struggling to find balance in new work flow

The best part of my job is interacting with my co workers.
The hardest part of my job is trying to cover multiple positions when we are short handed.
A Job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 4, 2016
This is a job with out a lot of perks. There are benefits but in this position they eat up a chunk of one's check. Middle management does what they can to help, but they are getting the squeeze from the top.
Pros
Job security
Cons
If you are 1 min late they penalize you. High turnover.
Patient Care Technician, Surgical Specialties (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 28, 2016
Wonderful staff and realistic work-load. Every day I was able to learn something new and exciting. Management were wonderful as were coworkers.
The hospital was completely remodeled. The staff lounge is beautiful.
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 1, 2015
A Typical day of work included nurse to nurse verbal reporting, data entry, constant communication with the doctors and nurses, feeding, bathing and wound care of the patients.
Pros
people heal from your care, and you could change someone's life.
Cons
the job is physically painful
Bhc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maternal Child HealthSeptember 2, 2015
Currently a MCH RN working night shift and on call shifts in Labor and Delivery/Pospartum/Newborn with floating experience in the intensive care nursery.
Well...
Surgical Technologist-Obstetric Services (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 26, 2015
There were good and bad days! The nurse were catty and at times very mean to fellow staff members. I witnessed a scrub tech making a nurse cry!
Enjoyable place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 19, 2015
Boone Hospital is a facility that the employees are proud of. I enjoyed working there. The location was great, good parking and friendly employees.
Pros
Great location and pay.
Cons
Overstaffed all the time.
Still a good place to work but changing rapidly with health care reform.
Food Service Supervisor / Food Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 10, 2015
Boone Hospital is a great hospital with a wonderful staff who give outstanding care to patients and their families. But the unknown effects of healthcare reform are changing the culture at Boone to that of a big corporate giant. As Boone loses its local identity to supposedly improved processes, it will be interesting to see how these changes come out in the near future.
Pros
Fairly good benefits
Cons
Pay needed to have a market adjustment
Used to be a great place to work
scheduler (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 8, 2015
Benefits are being taken away, becoming more and more expensive. Less coaching more grouching and dumping on people. IF they don't like you---they will push you out. Its becoming a sad place to work.
Cons
Expensive place to work
Great hours, good pay, great doctors
Senior Radiologic Technologist, RT(R) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 18, 2015
An employee can in a short amount of time move to desired work hours. Competitive pay and fantastic physicians. The equipment used on a daily basis is cutting edge technology.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
part of BJC hospital megasystem
Great Company
Biomedical Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 10, 2015
This company was a great place to start out, they had on the job training and respect their workers. Awesome place to work.
Great starting place for my respiratory career
o Registered Respiratory Therapist, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 6, 2014
I stayed busy at work, not hard not to be. The physicians kept the orders flowing on the floors and the influx of critical patients in the ICU made sure your days were long and full of surprises.
I worked with an outstanding group of coworkers. Communication was key and we all knew it. That is what makes a great team.
Pros
Our own office/private space.
Cons
Not often did we get to use it during our shift.
great work enviornment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 19, 2014
the staff was really co-operative and helpful. there was frequent breaks and lots of fun.
Enjoyable worrk place
Unit Secretary of Medical Oncology (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 15, 2014
I learned a lot at Boone Hospital and enjoyed me job. There are many opportunities to learn and grow.
Staff Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 4, 2014
Working nights was amazing with the crew that I had the pleasure of working with. Management had some issues but over all this is a place to go and you can enjoy who you are working with
Pros
The best co workers in Columbia
Cons
Affordable care act screwed up the health care package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boone Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Boone Hospital Center Reviews by Location