Boostability Employee Reviews in United States

Boostability
Keyword Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 7, 2016
I love the people I work with, and the company as a whole. The culture is very laid back but when it comes down to it we get our work done.
Boostability- SEO Q&A Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Great for college students. Always very flexible and understanding with schedules. Love to give out incentives and team leads love to help their teams succeed.
Great place to work.
Team Lead - SEO Client Services (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 10, 2016
I had a great time here and it was very hard to leave. They even tried to get me to stay. Unfortunately, I have to move on. Thank you to everyone at Boostability for making it what it is today.
Pros
Health care, activities, KPI based rewards.
Cons
They do not have a Colorado office.
Great culture with free soda, cheap snacks and good structure
CUSTOM WEB PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 29, 2016
You really learn to hone in skills that are relevant for 2016. SEO, SEM, Websites, etc.

Culture is very structured 9-5 with good PTO, Benefits, etc.

Learning all about content, design, dev, and account management is great to really get you serious experience to build your career.
Pros
Fee Soda, Cheap Snacks, Ping Pong, Food trucks
Cons
No 401K match
Friendly people, awesome culture, and lots of incentives
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 29, 2016
I love working for Boostability! They are such a fun up-and-coming company! The management here is incredible! Everyone is very friendly here, so expect to hear a good amount of laughter when you come to visit. Managers and team leads do one on one meetings with you often to follow up on goals, discuss concerns you have, and work with you on how to reach your goals. This is one of my favorite parts of the company because I can tell my manager is really interested in helping me progress in my job here but also in my future endeavors. Good hearts, good people, lots of fun, and tons of incentives here at Boostability! Such a great place to work. I leave with a smile on my face every day!
Pros
Free lunches, lunch and learns, competitions, wellness program, SWAG, awesome co-workers, etc.
Cons
No PTO for those who are not salaried employees (this includes vacations and holidays)
They Take Care of Their Employees
Custom Websites Content Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJuly 29, 2015
I have been at Boostability for almost 4 years. One of the best things about the company is that they really want people to be happy in their jobs, so there are a lot of opportunities to move around within the company. They also really inspire loyalty by taking care of their employees. They like to hire within. I also tend to be a perfectionist and for awhile I was staying late. I was actually encouraged by management to leave earlier...so basically they were encouraging me to have a better work-life balance. I feel like that kind of attitude is rare. Additionally, Boostability has a great culture that celebrates nerd and geekdom. At the Lindon office, for example, all of the conference rooms are named after locations in Middle-earth. Each office also has ping-pong and/or fooseball tables, so that's always fun for a quick break.
Very welcoming and open minded SEO
business profile specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 7, 2015
I arrive at work, and during the day I create local business listings for local small business online. I've gained incredible computer skills on xcel, word, web crawler, and other search engine domains. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the reward for hitting out set goals that we made during the current pay period.
Pros
free paid period lunches
Cons
benefits for hourly employees
Excellent company!
Channel Partner Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTMarch 15, 2015
Working for a company that truly helps business owners establish an online presence via SEO and Social Media is very rewarding.

The management is outstanding!

The culture is really what separates this company from any of my previous employers. It's really a testament of good hiring.

Every business and industry needs Boostability's services.

Great place to work!
Excellent Culture
Co-Team Lead SEO Quality & Education (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 7, 2015
I worked in the Fulfillment department for almost 2 years. My days were spent training new SEO Fulfillment Specialists and making sure existing specialists were up-to-date on current SEO standards. The people I worked with were the greatest and very passionate about their jobs. We tried to make things as fun as possible all while maintaining productivity.
Pros
rewarded for hard work.
Cons
communication isn't the greatest.
Okay
DEX - Dedicated Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 3, 2015
Work environment is okay. Co-workers are okay. Pay is decent. It can get a little stressful at times. Always cover your butt. It's a job.
Love it
Offsite Content Writer and Content Strategist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Great management. Low pressure atmosphere.
Growing so fast they're in limbo
Copywriting (Former Employee) –  OremSeptember 9, 2014
Boost has a great culture and flexible schedule. They focus on training entry-level employees and I learned a lot. However, their rate of growth and hiring of mostly college students detracts from their ability to provide a real career opportunity.

It's an exciting industry and an exciting company to work for, but don't expect high pay. Do expect a great deal of flux in management, employees, and policy.
Pros
focus on inviting culture. flexible.
Cons
no real opportunity for a career.
Sinking Ship
Senior Content Strategist (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 5, 2014
Management is disorganized and incompetent. The constant turnover in the company is a result of that. The pay is terrible and well below market value. They make decisions based on - well, I don't know what - but it's certainly not for the good of the company. They keep people in upper management positions who do a demonstrably terrible job and fire or drive away their best employees. I quit as soon as I saw the writing on the wall. Run away as fast as you can!
Pros
not a high pressure place to work. very relaxed.
Cons
everything else.
Apply if you like getting paid less than your worth.
Partner Account Manager (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 14, 2014
Full time employees dont get benefits even though they work 39.99 hours. The management was horrible and very useless. They have no respect for other peoples opinions and wont work with you. They let employees go for even the smallest things. They will not listen to your complaints and believe their team leads fecal matter dont stink. They dont pay you what you are worth and pay you less to do more.
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
management is terrible, team leads know nothing about seo, and they wont address employee complaints.
productive
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 18, 2013
productive place to work at. They take care of their employees
Boostability
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 15, 2013
My time at Boostablility was an overall positive experience. However the managers are all very inexperienced and it is obvious that it is the first time that they have ever managed a group of people as well as a project of any size or scope. This made is so very difficult to accomplish anything of note and the worst part about it is that in terms of career development the management in many cases new very little and other times had never even heard of the concept. Fortunately the rest of the employees were very pleasant people and it made up for a lot of the negative aspects of job. I spent my days in front of a computer managing clients and potential clients with their support issues and selling them new products and services. The pay was also quite a bit lower than any other fulfillment team that I have been on or even heard of for that matter.
Pros
great working enviornment, good people/coworkers which enhanced the work experience
Cons
management was extremely in-experienced, extremely poor with employee development and career path
Make Boostability your last stop when job-searching
WEB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 10, 2013
A spectacularly poor-managed company still trying to climb its way out of startup status. They have a good sense of business and have qualified employees, but their communication leaves something to be desired. Terrible pay, for what most people do and how much time they put into doing it. It was also hard to stay motivated when your boss is walking around, apparently looking for people to share stories with or waste time talking to.
Pros
laid back environment, a lot of autonomy
Cons
poor management, poor communication, bad pay
Very focused driven SMB SEO
SEO Manager (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UtNovember 27, 2011
Overall it is a really place if you are just starting out. I would go there to get your feet wet so to speak.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boostability. Our community is ready to answer.