Boostability Employee Reviews

Fun Culture
ON-SITE COPYWRITER (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 18, 2017
Typical work days are pretty basic, but there are a lot of different kinds of work you can do to help other companies succeed online. The culture is fairly fun and nerdy, and there are always lots of fun activities and service opportunities (monthly birthday parties, summer festivals, Earth Day cleanup, etc.).
Pros
free lunch every pay period, opportunities to earn small rewards like gift cards
Great place to meet new people.
Jr. Web (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTFebruary 23, 2017
I loved the work that I did and I loved learning new things on the job, but when management got changed up the expectations were not clear and the workload increased without much further compensation. The atmosphere is great, it's always nice to have free coffee and soda. It was also nice to take a break from work to play ping pong. The hardest part of working there was getting accustomed to all of the adjustments, it was going through some growing pains while I was working there and it was very evident in almost every aspect of the company. I enjoyed meeting all of the great colleagues I have gotten to know through that job the most.
Pros
Free lunches and Ping Pong
Cons
Excessively frequent meetings, not a lot of clear expectations
Productive and fun workplace with basketball hoops.
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 5, 2017
I would come in early and get on the compute assigned to me. I would then make 100 or so quality comments on various websites during my 6 hour shift. We would take a break in the middle of the shift to play a game of basketball. The hardest part was there unreasonable expectations. They expected us to do a lot more than what was physically possible.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
High Expectations.
Mixed Bag
Account Management Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 30, 2016
Boostability is a mixed bag. Management seems more invested in being the "cool" place to work than they are in developing their employees into proficient digital marketing operatives.
Pros
Free soda, relaxed culture
Cons
Poor benefits and aloof management
I enjoy it so far
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTAugust 28, 2016
It work with a number of high profile clients which makes the job challenging - I like challenging. One thing I don't like, however, is that the company is down sizing so we wont even have a Christmas party this year.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
no holiday party
Great Place with Growth
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 26, 2016
Management believes in the possibilities of each individual and has a realistic view of things. Work-Life Balance is an absolute must. Compensation for most could be better but they are trying. When they are growing, they are solid. They have recently plateaued, which has stymied some of their employee engagement and satisfaction initiatives, but it is still a cool place to work. The people are great to work with and the most enjoyable part of the job. If you want to learn, there are opportunities and mentors to help you, but you have to have a desire to learn.
Pros
Management, Healthcare, 401(k), Opportunities
A high energy workplace with a goal-oriented atmosphere
SEO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJuly 15, 2016
I worked for the Sales department, in Sales Development. My typical day included receiving proposal requests, completing audits for websites, and walking clients through my findings.

I loved working with my proposal team; we were very tight-knit and had a lot of fun together.

Aside from that, the hardest part of the job was not knowing what was actually going on within the company. Because I was in Sales Development, we weren't involved with much of the goings-on, so when important changes happened in the work force or products, we were the last to find out.
Pros
high energy work place, fun people
Cons
no communication between departments, constant fear of losing your job
Great, chill job for college students and those looking to learn a little extra money.
SEO Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 23, 2016
Great place to work, lots of fun, and you get plenty of breaktime (45 minutes for each 3 hours and 15 minutes of work). The supervisor and coworkers were all fantastic, and you it's really chill in so many ways. My only things against it are that you have to work at least 20 hours a week, and work can become a bit repetitive at times. All in all, it's a workplace that I would recommend to friends!
Pros
Great work environment, good coworkers and supervisors, plenty of fun/break time, free soda machine, flexible hours
Cons
20 hours minimum per week
Boostability
Keyword Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 7, 2016
I love the people I work with, and the company as a whole. The culture is very laid back but when it comes down to it we get our work done.
Boostability- SEO Q&A Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Great for college students. Always very flexible and understanding with schedules. Love to give out incentives and team leads love to help their teams succeed.
Great place to work.
Team Lead - SEO Client Services (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 10, 2016
I had a great time here and it was very hard to leave. They even tried to get me to stay. Unfortunately, I have to move on. Thank you to everyone at Boostability for making it what it is today.
Pros
Health care, activities, KPI based rewards.
Cons
They do not have a Colorado office.
Great culture with free soda, cheap snacks and good structure
CUSTOM WEB PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 29, 2016
You really learn to hone in skills that are relevant for 2016. SEO, SEM, Websites, etc.

Culture is very structured 9-5 with good PTO, Benefits, etc.

Learning all about content, design, dev, and account management is great to really get you serious experience to build your career.
Pros
Fee Soda, Cheap Snacks, Ping Pong, Food trucks
Cons
No 401K match
Friendly people, awesome culture, and lots of incentives
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 29, 2016
I love working for Boostability! They are such a fun up-and-coming company! The management here is incredible! Everyone is very friendly here, so expect to hear a good amount of laughter when you come to visit. Managers and team leads do one on one meetings with you often to follow up on goals, discuss concerns you have, and work with you on how to reach your goals. This is one of my favorite parts of the company because I can tell my manager is really interested in helping me progress in my job here but also in my future endeavors. Good hearts, good people, lots of fun, and tons of incentives here at Boostability! Such a great place to work. I leave with a smile on my face every day!
Pros
Free lunches, lunch and learns, competitions, wellness program, Swag, awesome co-workers, etc.
Cons
No PTO for those who are not salaried employees (this includes vacations and holidays)
They Take Care of Their Employees
Custom Websites Content Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJuly 29, 2015
I have been at Boostability for almost 4 years. One of the best things about the company is that they really want people to be happy in their jobs, so there are a lot of opportunities to move around within the company. They also really inspire loyalty by taking care of their employees. They like to hire within. I also tend to be a perfectionist and for awhile I was staying late. I was actually encouraged by management to leave earlier...so basically they were encouraging me to have a better work-life balance. I feel like that kind of attitude is rare. Additionally, Boostability has a great culture that celebrates nerd and geekdom. At the Lindon office, for example, all of the conference rooms are named after locations in Middle-earth. Each office also has ping-pong and/or fooseball tables, so that's always fun for a quick break.
Very welcoming and open minded SEO
business profile specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 7, 2015
I arrive at work, and during the day I create local business listings for local small business online. I've gained incredible computer skills on xcel, word, web crawler, and other search engine domains. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the reward for hitting out set goals that we made during the current pay period.
Pros
free paid period lunches
Cons
benefits for hourly employees
Excellent company!
Channel Partner Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTMarch 15, 2015
Working for a company that truly helps business owners establish an online presence via SEO and Social Media is very rewarding.

The management is outstanding!

The culture is really what separates this company from any of my previous employers. It's really a testament of good hiring.

Every business and industry needs Boostability's services.

Great place to work!
Excellent Culture
Co-Team Lead SEO Quality & Education (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 7, 2015
I worked in the Fulfillment department for almost 2 years. My days were spent training new SEO Fulfillment Specialists and making sure existing specialists were up-to-date on current SEO standards. The people I worked with were the greatest and very passionate about their jobs. We tried to make things as fun as possible all while maintaining productivity.
Pros
Rewarded for hard work.
Cons
Communication isn't the greatest.
Okay
DEX - Dedicated Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 3, 2015
Work environment is okay. Co-workers are okay. Pay is decent. It can get a little stressful at times. Always cover your butt. It's a job.
Love it
Offsite Content Writer and Content Strategist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Great management. Low pressure atmosphere.
Growing so fast they're in limbo
Copywriting (Former Employee) –  OremSeptember 9, 2014
Boost has a great culture and flexible schedule. They focus on training entry-level employees and I learned a lot. However, their rate of growth and hiring of mostly college students detracts from their ability to provide a real career opportunity.

It's an exciting industry and an exciting company to work for, but don't expect high pay. Do expect a great deal of flux in management, employees, and policy.
Pros
Focus on inviting culture. Flexible.
Cons
No real opportunity for a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boostability. Our community is ready to answer.