Boot Barn

Boot Barn Employer Reviews

Overall a very good job
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great discounts. good people.
Cons: compensation not always at market value
I really enjoyed my time at Boot Barn. I was a very hardworking and fast paced environment and many times I did need to work overtime to get the job done. But everybody else was working just as hard. I loved being part of the e commerce team and my co-workers and Managers were right there with us working and making the job fun.
The hardest part of any day was if there was a last minute emergency project and we all had to say late...but we would get it done and save the day. Saving the day was always the best part of the day.
ICS
ICS (Former Employee), Casper, WYFebruary 13, 2015
Was a great company with a lot of potential. I loved the majority of my co-workers, however, the management was poor. Lack of communication in a lot of areas.
Fun, laid back work place
Sales Person / Cashier (Current Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, not strict
Cons: short breaks, weeekends
Helping and assisting customers and cashiering, how to do layaways, more about boot products. Management is laid back and understanding, the co-workers are easy to work with and helpful. Hardest part of the job in working nights and weekends, and the most enjoyable part is the people
rewarding
Customer Service Specialist (seasonal) (Former Employee), anderson, caJanuary 23, 2015
it was pleasant working at boot barn, my coworkers really appreciated so much of what i did
seasonal Help
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: work hours
Working at Boot Barn was okay, it was just something to help pay for Christmas. I would only recommend working at Boot Barn if you like extremely fast paced and stress full environments.
Good work environment to help foster career potential
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Paso Robles, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: not enough consistency with upper management
Within the 5 years I was an Assistant Manager for the company I was able to exercise my abilities of the former management experience I had and in turn learn new skills to help me learn more qualities for future employment.
Great place to work and have fun
3rd Key Holder (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 25, 2014
Your typical day is selling to fun customers. Stocking shelves with cool merchandise. It is always fun to see what new items are coming in. The management is always trying to teach you and help you become better at your job.
The only thing I miss are the customers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Marshall, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: discounts, customers
Cons: manager, district manager, favoritism.
There is so much I could say about this place after working there for 3 years. The manager likes to pick on people, and not in a fun way either. The DM was very inconsistent in what he expected from his stores. The Assistant Manager is treated with little to no respect.
Overall okay experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXOctober 18, 2014
Cons: poor managment
Great sales associates and customers, but awful manager and strict policy changes.
Typical retail job, nothing to special.
3rd Key (Former Employee), AZOctober 13, 2014
I have learned so much since I have started my job, skills and qualities that I believe can only be obtained by working retail. Every day is very monotonous, although I still get excited when my regular customers come in to see me. My co-workers and I get along very well, some of them I even see during off hours. Most enjoyable part of the job for me is interacting with so many different types of people every day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant pressure to always be improving on store and personal metrics and dealing with the lack of appreciation and motivation.
Has some positives
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: no benefits for part time
Store manager doesn't like to come out of the back room but will complain if she isn't making her sales goal and everyone else does. They keep on associates that don't work and don't acknowledge those who actually care and put forth effort. District manager wants anyone who does "wrong" to be thrown under the bus. They say customer service is number one but talk badly about customers while they are on the sales floor. Your sales are number one in their eyes and they want you to get people's information so they can send email blasts 3 times a week. You will get written up if you don't follow through with these. If you are good at selling and can push boot care products on customers then this is for you.

Plus, even part time you accrue PTO. 40% off discount in store but the company is very strict about discount abuse. You can go through training websites and get up to 65% off. My store was fairly good about scheduling around family events. But the turn around is very high.
Laid-back work environment, maybe too laid-back
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Billings, MTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: easy, low expectations (if that's what you like), a lot of down-time, good discount
Cons: not enough hours, lazy coworkers, messy store
This was the easiest job I've ever had. Unfortunately, I felt like I was always doing more work than my coworkers and I resented the store always being a mess when other coworkers were working. I loved my manager as a person, but as a manager she could definitely have been better. She gave the laziest people the most hours and falsely told me I would be working fulltime when I started. I loved merchandising and folding jeans and putting away boots, even talking to customers and helping them try on boots and clothes. I feel I would have had a lot better of an experience if there had been standards set and followed for what was expected of workers. It was at times embarrassing to see the condition of our store when it could have easily been solved by putting in a minimal amount of work such as vacuuming and refolding clothing.
great place to work
ICS/Sales Floor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2014
Pros: staff was friendly and great to work with
Cons: was temp job
The typical day at work started about 8 am and we would start tagging merchandise if we didn't have anything to do in the back room I would go to the floor until the ups and fed ex trucks arrived.
No Life Allowed
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 9, 2014
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: hours, favortism, training, pay, benefits
Typical work week was 45-50 hours.. I was told going to college was a waste of time and was forced to drop a class. Then they refused to let me go to the hospital when my husband was injured in a car wreck during my shift. I went anyway, and quit.
Old, rundown store with high school mentality
3rd key (Former Employee), Show Low, ArizonaMay 9, 2014
Cons: promised healthcare after 45 days...never happened
Undertrained as a 3rd key, store meetings consisted of do's and dont's of behavior for insecure store manager, no room for growth, manager kept sale based rewards.
Stable work environment
3rd Key Manager (Current Employee), Cordelia, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: health care benifits
Cons: no room for growth
Typical work day consist of processing incoming freight. Making sure the items are correctly labeled, censored, and placed in a visually stimulating way. Directing and helping customers decide on the proper fit of the boot for their need, assembling outfits, and providing boot education for proper care. Handle any customer issues such as faulty products, returns/exchanges, locating specific items, and of course dissatisfied clientele.
Management assigns daily tasks and product education to staff, completing price changes, corporate directives, customer returns and issues. Handling all aspects of banking and opening,closing procedures of the store.
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), alexandria louisianaApril 28, 2014
It is a easy job as long as you do what your told. All around it is an enjoyable job. Worse part is the pay.
fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Minot, NDApril 14, 2014
days were usually easy and fun
management was good to all employees
coworkers were easy to get along with
Horrible management
seasonal key holder (Former Employee), Missoula, mtMarch 20, 2014
Pros: nothin
Cons: everything
I helped open the Missoula store...first off the dm is an awful person..felt as though she played favorites. I was hired on as seasonal with the hopes of staying on. Although now I'm glad I didn't..If you aren't a skinny cowgirl you don't stand a chance. I was let go because I was seasonal told that my performance was amazing but since I was hired last they had to let me and a couple others go...Shouldn't it be based on performance?! Instead they chose to keep the lazy young skinny cow girls!
Store is great
Third Key Manager (Current Employee), Dickinson, NDMarch 14, 2014
This facility is great management is great. It is just the best environment

1 2 3

About Boot Barn

At Boot Barn®, we honor America's western heritage. We believe in quality products and good value. And we've stocked our shelves – Read more