Boot Barn Employee Reviews

Loved it great place good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 9, 2017
Good place to work the management picked great staff everyone was fun to work with and working in a place where we had monthly competitions for sales was a lot of fun
Pros
Awesome brake room employee discounts
Cons
None really
Dont work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 8, 2017
Theres some lazy people that work here , And they dont treat their employees good , You bearly get 15 hours a week.. Some of the employees wont to sit around and do nothing and expect you to do it all
Fun fast paced work place
Ecommerce Order Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 3, 2017
I truly enjoyed the time I spent employed by Boot Barn. I would still be there if it weren't for the department lay offs. I worked early in the morning as my schedule was very flexible. I excelled at my position of e commerce order fulfillment specialist ensuring orders placed were filled and delivered on time by communicating daily with our vendors, warehouse staff, and customer service department, tracking shipments, updating inventory from the vendors daily and communicating back order notifications to the customer. Boot Barn was a casual, laid back yet professional place to work. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was the laid back environment.
Difficult at times
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado and CaliforniaNovember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed BB at first but it has changed in past 3 years. Management is hard to work with sometimes. A hard worker comes across as threatening rather than helpful. Management has a hard time giving credit where it is due. Key holders have a lot of responsibility with little pay.
Advancing with the company is next to impossible. Communication lacks within entire company, whether it be with store operations, reviews, promotions, or daily news and goals.
Corporate people visit often and never identify themselves. They leave the sales floor a disaster and act like they are above all of the associates.
Customers are great depending on location. Country and western culture is a "fad" now, and some customers treat you poorly if they find out you actually live the lifestyle.
If you get a good crew, you will enjoy the job, but it can be very demanding at times.
Pros
Spiffs, in store contests, friendly staff, good networking with customers
Cons
Pay, upper management, emotionally demanding
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 30, 2017
This was a fun place to work, especially if you like the smell of leather. Start each day by either straightening up the store or jumping in to help customers. Being able to share your experience with the products and hearing the customers really makes you a better Sales Associate.
OK starter job
Sales Associate, Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 28, 2017
Doesn't work well with needed time off for family, vacation or religious practices, discounts are a plus, no benefits or 401K, no advancement opportunity really
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits, paid sick or vacation, doesn't respect needed time off with family or religious practices
very stressful , absolutely the rudest team I've ever worked with
Associate (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CANovember 28, 2017
I only stayed with this company for two weeks because, not only was the pay minimum wage even though I have management experience , but I was treated as if I was in jail. I Was not allowed to talk to my other co-workers, I was not allowed to wear anything besides flannel shirts and cowboy boots , I was absolutely miserable. If it was under different management it could possibly be a god place to work.
Pros
good commission
Cons
horrible vibe
Leadership
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32317November 26, 2017
Can be a great place to work with the right leadership. Worked here for a little over 2 years. Enjoyed what I did until a new manager came in who was condescending, demeaning and a micro manager.
Great place to work, if you like boots
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 26, 2017
If you like boots, Boot Barn is a great place to work. The discounts are extremely nice -if you use them.I love my crew at work as well as my manager, however the pay is ridiculously low for what you bring in for the company on a daily basis.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Extremely low salary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 20, 2017
Boot Barn gives employees the opportunity to advance if they prove themselves on the sales floor. They will be given the opportunity to represent the company on special events all across the country.
Great Place to work! Fun Environment
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 17, 2017
Great place to work. Employees are happy and treated well. Nice perks & discounts. You will need to roll up your sleeves, but that's part of the entrepreneurial spirit.
management
Inventory Control Specialist/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 17, 2017
Unfortunate that HR allows for management to get away with constant harassment. It's also unfortunate that the only HR is located in Irvine California. If HR was available, 'in state' (or per district) this problem would be resolved. Also, this is specialty retail, not wal-mart. Raises should be based on percentage.
Pros
discount
Cons
management and raises
fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 16, 2017
Boot Barn helped me in so many ways I had the opportunity to learn and grow as a person.It was so much fun with my crew and our lovely costumers everyday.
Boot Barn
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NevadaNovember 15, 2017
Not the worse place to work for, but the prime spots seem to only be given to those in the know. Boot Barn does not seem to care how loyal one is to the company.

Advancement can take some time and many externals have been hired to fill high ranking positions within the company.
Pros
Discount on products.
Cons
Lack of advancement and training.
Great field team, room for improvement in corporate culture
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 14, 2017
I loved the product and field teams at Boot Barn. Having a fast-paced, sales-intensive atmosphere consistently pushed my team and I to achieve our best. I loved my talented team and the positive, productive atmosphere of friendly competition we created. Managing the store forced me to improve my time management, employee relations and merchandising skills.
Only good thing going is the local store management and store discounts
Retail Inventory Control Specialist (RICS) (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 14, 2017
My direct management was great most of the time, however past my Store Manager, there was so much micromanaging going on that no work could ever get done and then too much back and forth going on with decisions. The upper management levels (District & Regional Managers) did not care about any of the problems that we dealt with or us as workers and only cared about the bottom line; money. Expected us to fit 30lbs of poo poo in a 5lb bag.
Pros
Great store discount
Cons
everything else
It is a really good place to work just no hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 14, 2017
I love my job just not enough hours. I would really like to stay on with bootbarn and become a lead but I just don't get enough hours to pay all my bills
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enoigh hours
nice selection, ignorant upper management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 5, 2017
Lack of consistent leadership above store level. lack of understanding of simple business concepts by upper management combined with an inability to effectively analyze data.
Pros
great selection of western wear
Cons
rampant employee turnover
absolute garbage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXOctober 29, 2017
terrible company to work for with overbearing managers, overbearing district managers, overbearing regional managers, and bad workplace values. all they care about is their bottom line, quality of their products and their employees' quality of life be damned.
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
If you're a fan of Country music and engaging with people you'd like it here. Selling high dollar boots to your average joe feels good after the proper education

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boot Barn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8