Boot Barn

Boot Barn Employee Reviews

The customers make the job enjoyable, especially when they learn something from you.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: monthly workman's comp money for pizza
Cons: drama, immaturity, poor communication
There is never a day that goes exactly the same. Sometimes the customers want your help and sometimes they don't. When the customers don't want help you find something to do which is usually freight or cleaning up the store. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to get customers to purchase things they can't afford or don't really need. The most enjoyable is when you get that customer that wants to learn and listen to what you have to say and they take your advise. I enjoy working with people, but the management at this location could use some improvement.
Love being around people.
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, NMMay 2, 2015
Very busy place to work. I learned a lot about boots. The management communication is not that great among one another. Coworkers make the job enjoyable as well as working with the public. The hardest part of the job is the driving time. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference for the company .
Fast paced sales environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMarch 31, 2015
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at Boot Barn would include me greeting customers who came into the store and recommending merchandise to them based on their individual requirements. I also provided advice to clients regarding particular products or services along with assisting in the display of merchandise, and maintaining records for inventory control. Very often I handled purchases and accepted payment through cash, check and credit card.
Through working at Boot Barn, I was given the opportunity to work in sales with direct customers for the first time. I learned that I am comfortable being competitive in a work environment, and I became educated on how to discuss products in detail and convert aspects of the products into qualities that the customers were interested in.
The management at Boot Barn was very good about setting goals for the sales team to achieve, which gave us motivation to win. We received different forms of prizes each time we achieved our goals.
My co-workers were mostly college-age students whom I got along with very well. Occasionally there would be one co-worker who slacked and the rest of us would have to pick up their slack to get things done, but I always respectively confronted the employee or our manager about the issue.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with unruly customers, but I learned a lot of patience from dealing with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job was watching happy customers leave the store with an outfit that I knew they loved.
Awful place to work.
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Discount was decent, but not good enough to be worth the headaches.
Cons: Short breaks (if any) long shifts, nothing to do, managers micromanaged or didn't give any direction and took everything out on the sales personnel, .
A typical day of work began with harassment from management or coworkers. I have worked retail all my life and I have NEVER been so stressed as I was at Boot Barn. I was medically advised to leave, and upon putting my notice in I was harassed by management.
Western Retail
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 19, 2015
Being a sales associate was fun at Boot Barn. There was never any down time. The days went fast because of this. I also loved being able to listen to country music all day long.
Fun Place to work
MIT (Former Employee), Riverton, WyomingMarch 12, 2015
Pros: discount, co-workers
Cons: short breaks, long hours
FUN AT FIRST BUT THEN TURNS AWFUL: It was a fun place to work. typical day was opening the store, opening up tills, helping customers, putting away clothes and putting away new stock over the course of your shift. District Manager was nice but played favorites and had favorite stores. Liked working with all of my co-workers we had a blast when working together. Only thing I can say is watch your back. My manager was fired 2 weeks before me. I am sure my coworkers and district manager don't like people who actually get the job done and can think for themselves instead of being mindless pawns. How to survive if you need the job? 1.) Save any and all receipts of merchandise you buy. 2.) Don't try to excel at your job. 3.) Be a pawn for the manager/district manager to do with what they wish.4.) Don't get involved with the drama.
Good Luck in applying for Boot Barn
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: work every weekend
Boot Barn is an enjoyable place to work! I learned a lot about western wear products and the management team was absolutely great and understanding, but don't allow horse play so when you come to work...be ready to work!
Overall a very good job
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great discounts. good people.
Cons: compensation not always at market value
I really enjoyed my time at Boot Barn. I was a very hardworking and fast paced environment and many times I did need to work overtime to get the job done. But everybody else was working just as hard. I loved being part of the e commerce team and my co-workers and Managers were right there with us working and making the job fun.
The hardest part of any day was if there was a last minute emergency project and we all had to say late...but we would get it done and save the day. Saving the day was always the best part of the day.
ICS
ICS (Former Employee), Casper, WYFebruary 13, 2015
Was a great company with a lot of potential. I loved the majority of my co-workers, however, the management was poor. Lack of communication in a lot of areas.
Fun, laid back work place
Sales Person / Cashier (Current Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, not strict
Cons: short breaks, weeekends
Helping and assisting customers and cashiering, how to do layaways, more about boot products. Management is laid back and understanding, the co-workers are easy to work with and helpful. Hardest part of the job in working nights and weekends, and the most enjoyable part is the people
rewarding
Customer Service Specialist (seasonal) (Former Employee), anderson, caJanuary 23, 2015
it was pleasant working at boot barn, my coworkers really appreciated so much of what i did
seasonal Help
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: work hours
Working at Boot Barn was okay, it was just something to help pay for Christmas. I would only recommend working at Boot Barn if you like extremely fast paced and stress full environments.
Good work environment to help foster career potential
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Paso Robles, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: not enough consistency with upper management
Within the 5 years I was an Assistant Manager for the company I was able to exercise my abilities of the former management experience I had and in turn learn new skills to help me learn more qualities for future employment.
Great place to work and have fun
3rd Key Holder (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 25, 2014
Your typical day is selling to fun customers. Stocking shelves with cool merchandise. It is always fun to see what new items are coming in. The management is always trying to teach you and help you become better at your job.
The only thing I miss are the customers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Marshall, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: discounts, customers
Cons: manager, district manager, favoritism.
There is so much I could say about this place after working there for 3 years. The manager likes to pick on people, and not in a fun way either. The DM was very inconsistent in what he expected from his stores. The Assistant Manager is treated with little to no respect.
Overall okay experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXOctober 18, 2014
Cons: poor managment
Great sales associates and customers, but awful manager and strict policy changes.
Typical retail job, nothing to special.
3rd Key (Former Employee), AZOctober 13, 2014
I have learned so much since I have started my job, skills and qualities that I believe can only be obtained by working retail. Every day is very monotonous, although I still get excited when my regular customers come in to see me. My co-workers and I get along very well, some of them I even see during off hours. Most enjoyable part of the job for me is interacting with so many different types of people every day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant pressure to always be improving on store and personal metrics and dealing with the lack of appreciation and motivation.
Has some positives
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: no benefits for part time
Store manager doesn't like to come out of the back room but will complain if she isn't making her sales goal and everyone else does. They keep on associates that don't work and don't acknowledge those who actually care and put forth effort. District manager wants anyone who does "wrong" to be thrown under the bus. They say customer service is number one but talk badly about customers while they are on the sales floor. Your sales are number one in their eyes and they want you to get people's information so they can send email blasts 3 times a week. You will get written up if you don't follow through with these. If you are good at selling and can push boot care products on customers then this is for you.

Plus, even part time you accrue PTO. 40% off discount in store but the company is very strict about discount abuse. You can go through training websites and get up to 65% off. My store was fairly good about scheduling around family events. But the turn around is very high.
Laid-back work environment, maybe too laid-back
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Billings, MTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: easy, low expectations (if that's what you like), a lot of down-time, good discount
Cons: not enough hours, lazy coworkers, messy store
This was the easiest job I've ever had. Unfortunately, I felt like I was always doing more work than my coworkers and I resented the store always being a mess when other coworkers were working. I loved my manager as a person, but as a manager she could definitely have been better. She gave the laziest people the most hours and falsely told me I would be working fulltime when I started. I loved merchandising and folding jeans and putting away boots, even talking to customers and helping them try on boots and clothes. I feel I would have had a lot better of an experience if there had been standards set and followed for what was expected of workers. It was at times embarrassing to see the condition of our store when it could have easily been solved by putting in a minimal amount of work such as vacuuming and refolding clothing.
great place to work
ICS/Sales Floor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2014
Pros: staff was friendly and great to work with
Cons: was temp job
The typical day at work started about 8 am and we would start tagging merchandise if we didn't have anything to do in the back room I would go to the floor until the ups and fed ex trucks arrived.

1 2 3

About Boot Barn

At Boot Barn®, we honor America's western heritage. We believe in quality products and good value. And we've stocked our shelves – Read more

Boot Barn Salaries