Boot Barn Employee Reviews in United States

asdfasdfsadf
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 13, 2016
this is the worst place in the world to work nobody should ever apply for this company, they only care about sales and could care less about employee retention, while paying you close to nothing
Pros
fdsaf sda
Cons
fdsaf asd
Retail
3rd Key Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORApril 8, 2016
Retail job, decent management the 2nd time around. First manager terrible. Poor advancement. Good discount. Good training. A lot of pressure placed on you as a sales position. Metric numbers required to keep at certain levels.
Can be very boring to work here.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 28, 2016
Can be interesting but very dull. The management could be a lot better. I enjoy helping people who want help. I have learned how to deal with certain customers. A typical day at work is folding clothes cleaning boots and selling merchandise.
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
The boss.
Boot Barn
E-Commerce Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 16, 2016
Great Company with a great team spirit, Team Building, Retail Support, E-Commerce, Human Resources, Great Benefits, Made in USA,
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
Fun workplace but not demanding.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 21, 2016
Working here was alright. The scheduling wasn't an issue but some of the coworkers were a little difficult to get along with.
Never hireing
Other (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Even if the job was posted 9 hours ago they won't hire. This place seen to be bass actawards. Why waste peoles time with posting for a job but your not hireing.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 4, 2016
My typical day involved assisting customers with finding what they are looking for, product recovery at the end of the night/shift, light cleaning, cash register, and inventory transfers for customers. I learned a lot of different things about the products that were carried and I furthered my customer service skills. Management was outstanding and thoughtful. Made sure to help with whatever they could and always answered any questions. Most of the co-workers were helpful and nice. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the information for certain products. The most enjoyable part was making new friends and seeing customers leave satisfied.
Productive and fun workplace with an awesome team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoy my job at Boot Barn. I work with an awesome group of people, and the customers are friendly and fun to talk to. I enjoy learning about and selling western style boots and clothing as well as the country lifestyle.
Pros
discount on boots and clothing
Cons
Not enough hours for employees
Great product and customers!
3rd Key Sales ICS (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WY Rock Springs, WYFebruary 1, 2016
Great product and customers! High expectations that are unrealistic set by management. I was not recognized or advanced for meeting and exceeding company set sales metrics. Kind of disappointing and misleading about where to go within the company. The left hand doesn't talk to the right hand. A lot of back door or closed door meetings that cause mistrust and low morale.
Pros
management works with your schedule
Cons
favortism
Self-motivating job with friendly environment.
Floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Helping customers, folding and hanging clothes, cleaning dressing rooms, working the cash register. I learned to operate the cash register. I learned to countdown the register at closing and to open the register. There was one store manager and two assistant managers. The hardest part of the job was the schedule. Not knowing if I was going to be able to attend a family function. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers.
Workplace was an okay environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Overall the other associates and customers were a delight to work with and assist. I was able to learn many great skills including communication, team work, organization, and much more. Meeting new people and hearing their stories was truly the highlight of this job.
Horrible corporation with no respect for customers/employees
key holder (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2016
The western wear store I worked at was bought out by Boot Barn, and everything went completely downhill. Instead of caring about customers and employees, BB only cares about making money and trampling over anyone in their way. The upper management was completely evil and two-faced in that they constantly told us employees/lower managers that they were not planning to shut our store down, and then we would hear through the grapevine that they were lying to us outright. Now, I understand their reasoning for shutting the store down. I understand not wanting to cause a bunch of employees to jump ship, so it makes sense to keep that info from us. But after repeatedly reassuring us that our jobs were safe, we received an email exchange between district managers which confirmed the shutting down rumors. The funny thing is we weren't SUPPOSED to get the email, but our store's email address was accidentally included in the "send to" box.
Also regarding employees, upper management expects you to practically live and breathe the job. They get mad if you are unable to come in to work on your day off, even if you requested that day off, they want you to drop everything and come to work. It doesn't matter to them if you have things going on or important plans. So if you have a busy lifestyle, this job may not be for you.
Now let's talk about their customer service, or lack of. Rather than giving good deals in the store or regularly sending out coupons, they have this "B Rewarded" program. It's a point system where if you spend money, you get points that add up. You get a point for every
  more... dollar you spend. When you get 250 points, you get a $15 dollar credit to spend within 60 days or it expires. That is the equivalent of a 6% coupon for every $250 you spend. Big whoop.
The company has a reputation of treating customers VERY poorly even though they boast about their excellent customer service. HA.
Basically this store is monopolizing the western wear market, buying out mom and pop shops, overpricing products, paying employees less than they deserve, and caring only about becoming "America's largest western and work store!"
Bottom line, don't work at Boot Barn if you care about people more than money. And if you do decide to work there, watch your back. Every single manager I've met has been corrupt and many gladly sabotaged other people's jobs in order to make themselves appear better.
Pros
Laid back customers, focuses on improving product knowledge
Cons
Untrustworthy management, poor service, greedy
very friendly and fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDJanuary 20, 2016
the management and co-workers were awesome, very friendly place to work. everyone got along and were always smiling, laughing and enjoying their time at work. the hardest part of the job would be having to greet the customers within 30 seconds of them walking into the store. the most enjoyable part of the job was all of the people you got to interact with, there was such a variety of people who came into the store, it was a great experience.
Great store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 14, 2016
The Baytown location was a great store.

Overall company is terrible, the corporate office made everyday for management hard. They want everyone to do good but don't offer the tools to do so. They have no idea what it is like to operate at store level.

no room for advancement and they barely give enough payroll out to stores to operate.
Nope, not agian
Full-time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 8, 2015
I had a terrible time. The pay was next to nothing, and the appreciation less than that. They never had enough people on the schedule.
Fast growing company with a lot of potential
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 17, 2015
I loved this job, but it was extremely demanding when it comes to time. Worked way over 40 hour weeks, and that made it hard to balance anything else in my life, such as family and free time. Associates are incredible, and so is corporate. The hardest part of the job was getting associates to focus less on their goals and more on meeting the needs of the customer, because when that is done meeting one's goal comes with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing associates' confidence grow, and seeing them put their personality into their work, in which they benefited the store as a whole.
Typical Day At Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 9, 2015
Customer service, supplying proper information to customers about specific items they are looking for, or promotions we were offering that day.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Hours
Great place to work, learn and grow.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 1, 2015
I was exposed to many challenges, and learning experiences.

As a retail very fast peace environment, it is always exciting to go to work.

My ADP knowledge was expanded with the daily utilization to do my work.

I can't complain about management, I guess they did their best.

I had one of the best experience working with my co-workers there.

The hardest part of the job was the challenge to do two people's job at one point.

I really enjoy working at that company! specially, because every day was different, and you never know what to expect, the constant communication with the manager's supervisor's and employees of all of the stores around the USA.
Pros
No strict schedule, positive work enviroment, cassual dress code, steady growth of the company.
Cons
extremely busy, more personnel needed.
It was fun while it lasted.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, CAOctober 8, 2015
It could of been a great place to work.... Store Manager never around. The Key Holders were treated with no respect from the Store Manager. The Assistant Manager was very pleasant to work for/with. The Assistant Manager and Key Holders were fantastic with training me and the rest of the new people.... there were about 3 or 4 of us hired around the same time.... none of us work there anymore due to craziness with Store Manager. Co-workers were great beside a few bad apples that were disrespectful when we would tell Store Manager she would not do anything about it. Hardest part of the working there besides with the few bad apples and Manager were trying to meet your sales goal. Sale's were always stolen from other employees so that affects your pay check because you get commissions of certain product's.
Pros
Co-workers, customers, great assistant manager
Cons
General Store Manager, drama, never get days off
Outstanding work environment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 29, 2015
Very friendly, down to earth, and care for their employees and their customers. Everyone is treated equally. The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with the customers to make the shopping experience more personal and make it remember-able!