Boot Barn Employee Reviews in United States

Great store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 14, 2016
The Baytown location was a great store.

Overall company is terrible, the corporate office made everyday for management hard. They want everyone to do good but don't offer the tools to do so. They have no idea what it is like to operate at store level.

no room for advancement and they barely give enough payroll out to stores to operate.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 4, 2016
My typical day involved assisting customers with finding what they are looking for, product recovery at the end of the night/shift, light cleaning, cash register, and inventory transfers for customers. I learned a lot of different things about the products that were carried and I furthered my customer service skills. Management was outstanding and thoughtful. Made sure to help with whatever they could and always answered any questions. Most of the co-workers were helpful and nice. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the information for certain products. The most enjoyable part was making new friends and seeing customers leave satisfied.
very friendly and fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDJanuary 20, 2016
the management and co-workers were awesome, very friendly place to work. everyone got along and were always smiling, laughing and enjoying their time at work. the hardest part of the job would be having to greet the customers within 30 seconds of them walking into the store. the most enjoyable part of the job was all of the people you got to interact with, there was such a variety of people who came into the store, it was a great experience.
Great product and customers!
3rd Key Sales ICS (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WY Rock Springs, WYFebruary 1, 2016
Great product and customers! High expectations that are unrealistic set by management. I was not recognized or advanced for meeting and exceeding company set sales metrics. Kind of disappointing and misleading about where to go within the company. The left hand doesn't talk to the right hand. A lot of back door or closed door meetings that cause mistrust and low morale.
Pros
management works with your schedule
Cons
favortism
Can be very boring to work here.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 28, 2016
Can be interesting but very dull. The management could be a lot better. I enjoy helping people who want help. I have learned how to deal with certain customers. A typical day at work is folding clothes cleaning boots and selling merchandise.
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
The boss.
Great place to work, learn and grow.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 1, 2015
I was exposed to many challenges, and learning experiences.

As a retail very fast peace environment, it is always exciting to go to work.

My ADP knowledge was expanded with the daily utilization to do my work.

I can't complain about management, I guess they did their best.

I had one of the best experience working with my co-workers there.

The hardest part of the job was the challenge to do two people's job at one point.

I really enjoy working at that company! specially, because every day was different, and you never know what to expect, the constant communication with the manager's supervisor's and employees of all of the stores around the USA.
Pros
No strict schedule, positive work enviroment, cassual dress code, steady growth of the company.
Cons
extremely busy, more personnel needed.
Boot Barn
E-Commerce Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 16, 2016
Great Company with a great team spirit, Team Building, Retail Support, E-Commerce, Human Resources, Great Benefits, Made in USA,
Pros
Team Spirit
Boot Barn
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 18, 2016
Boot Barn ' s pay stinks. Makes you feel as if you overall worth is bottom dollar. Working 65+ hrs doesn't make being a Store Manager worth it at all. The challenge of hiring people is really hard when you can only pay peanuts. I did have a good DM. But to be away from the family and getting phone calls at home all the time from the asst. Manager or 3rd keys makes your overall dollar worth really low.
Pros
Bonuses/Vac time
Cons
Hiring/Pay/upper communication/work life balance
Fun place to work and challengs all employees to reach the next level
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Goal orientated place where everyone can enjoy working as a team.
time management and inventory control are important aspects of the job. They provide training to make you the best prepared for customers questions and concerns.
Pros
401K, benifets and vacation package
Positive enviroment
Lead Inventory Control Specialist /Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 21, 2016
During my time at the Boot barn I learned how to deal with stressful client/customer situations. For 2 years I did shipping and receiving, now I work on the floor as a sales associate. My management is great, very helpful and knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep every customer happy.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Self-motivating job with friendly environment.
Floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Helping customers, folding and hanging clothes, cleaning dressing rooms, working the cash register. I learned to operate the cash register. I learned to countdown the register at closing and to open the register. There was one store manager and two assistant managers. The hardest part of the job was the schedule. Not knowing if I was going to be able to attend a family function. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers.
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 25, 2016
It's a learning environment with great potential to promote. It pushes you to be your best and give the best customer experience you can.
Pros
bonus opportunity if sales goals are met
Cons
management can be close minded
asdfasdfsadf
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 13, 2016
this is the worst place in the world to work nobody should ever apply for this company, they only care about sales and could care less about employee retention, while paying you close to nothing
Pros
fdsaf sda
Cons
fdsaf asd
Fun Place to work
MIT (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WyomingMarch 12, 2015
FUN AT FIRST BUT THEN TURNS AWFUL: It was a fun place to work. typical day was opening the store, opening up tills, helping customers, putting away clothes and putting away new stock over the course of your shift. District Manager was nice but played favorites and had favorite stores. Liked working with all of my co-workers we had a blast when working together. Only thing I can say is watch your back. My manager was fired 2 weeks before me. I am sure my coworkers and district manager don't like people who actually get the job done and can think for themselves instead of being mindless pawns. How to survive if you need the job? 1.) Save any and all receipts of merchandise you buy. 2.) Don't try to excel at your job. 3.) Be a pawn for the manager/district manager to do with what they wish.4.) Don't get involved with the drama.
Good Luck in applying for Boot Barn
Pros
discount, co-workers
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Productive and developmental company.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2016
Boot Barn is all about development and promoting from within. Good work life balance with time to get done what you need to do.
Retail
3rd Key Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORApril 8, 2016
Retail job, decent management the 2nd time around. First manager terrible. Poor advancement. Good discount. Good training. A lot of pressure placed on you as a sales position. Metric numbers required to keep at certain levels.
Fast growing company with a lot of potential
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 17, 2015
I loved this job, but it was extremely demanding when it comes to time. Worked way over 40 hour weeks, and that made it hard to balance anything else in my life, such as family and free time. Associates are incredible, and so is corporate. The hardest part of the job was getting associates to focus less on their goals and more on meeting the needs of the customer, because when that is done meeting one's goal comes with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing associates' confidence grow, and seeing them put their personality into their work, in which they benefited the store as a whole.
Productive and fun workplace with an awesome team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoy my job at Boot Barn. I work with an awesome group of people, and the customers are friendly and fun to talk to. I enjoy learning about and selling western style boots and clothing as well as the country lifestyle.
Pros
discount on boots and clothing
Cons
Not enough hours for employees
Workplace was an okay environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Overall the other associates and customers were a delight to work with and assist. I was able to learn many great skills including communication, team work, organization, and much more. Meeting new people and hearing their stories was truly the highlight of this job.
It was fun while it lasted.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, CAOctober 8, 2015
It could of been a great place to work.... Store Manager never around. The Key Holders were treated with no respect from the Store Manager. The Assistant Manager was very pleasant to work for/with. The Assistant Manager and Key Holders were fantastic with training me and the rest of the new people.... there were about 3 or 4 of us hired around the same time.... none of us work there anymore due to craziness with Store Manager. Co-workers were great beside a few bad apples that were disrespectful when we would tell Store Manager she would not do anything about it. Hardest part of the working there besides with the few bad apples and Manager were trying to meet your sales goal. Sale's were always stolen from other employees so that affects your pay check because you get commissions of certain product's.
Pros
Co-workers, customers, great assistant manager
Cons
General Store Manager, drama, never get days off

2.9