Boots Retail USA Inc Employee Reviews

Boots USA
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: You get to work i a store and connect with you're manager via phone
Cons: We are located inside dian reads and Walgreens
Fun Trainings
Easy to follow up
Nice Staff

Working for this company you get to have different choices for locations because they are inside of Duan Reades and Walgreens all over the city. Guaranteed hours. In this position of Beauty advisor your job is to do make overs and sell the product.
Beauty Advisor for Boots Retail USA in Target
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: customer's satisfaction with product and annuity purchases.
Cons: unrealistic sales goals
Boots Retail USA is based out of Norwalk, CT. Boots is the largest pharmaceuticals/ cosmetic company in the United Kingdom. Boots produces an effective high end beauty product that sells at a Target price point. The mission of the Beauty Advisor was to familiarize the American buyer with the Boots product line hence stimulating a purchase. Make -up applications enhanced the probability of a multiple product purchase. Beauty Advisor would interface heavily with Target store management. Corporate provided ongoing training and steady paychecks.
I love my job
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
Everyday I have the opportunity to make men and women feel younger, beautiful, and renewed. It is very fulfilling working for a company that is the leading beauty retailer in the UK, and made their way over the pond, to bring quality skincare and cosmetics to the US. I love supporting brands that need that extra boost here in the United States, but it certainly helps when the company comes packed with a punch; great products that everyone comes into our outlets wanting to know more about. A secret weapon! I love working with my team, women of all ages, developing their skills, and having the input to make a difference in their experience at Boots Retail USA, and be the troubleshooter, creative enthusiast, sales and product coach that I am! Even on days when the weather might get me down, or when I feel like I need a big hug, as soon as I get to work, "lights ON," the show begins, and I've already forgotten about stepping in a few puddles on my way in. Boots Retail USA has been one of my most favorite companies to work for.
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Boots is a very good company to work for. If you are entry level, you will learn the fundamentals of good customer service and you may increase your education in basic Cosmetic and Skin Care knowledge.
Do not plan on potential advancements and furthering your career to advanced positions because they are far and few between and may depend on what district and part of the country you are working in.
All In all, if you're looking to get started in the Beauty Industry, this is a great place to get started.
If you are more advanced, you may want to look to companies that will match your experience and knowledge.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 4, 2013
I have been a temp at the company for months now. It is a great company to work for. They all work as a team. I was able to be creative while working here.
Was Amazing
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: nice bonuses
Cons: heathcare
It was a great company then the polices changed. You work in a Target store and help with beauty products, loved helping people find what they needed but got to the point where it was not about the customer but more about the money.
Loved Working For This Company!
(former Beauty Advisor for Boots) (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TexasNovember 27, 2012
Pros: freedom for own business
Loved working for this company, and was new company at the time, and had a lot of freedom to do my own marketing for business making own fliers, signs, hand out gifts to help promote business! Won 2 competition sales and felt great to be part of company!
Some issues with communication between Target and Boots
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: wonderful products, easy to sell
Cons: working every sunday not enough control of my stock orders
I arrive hoping to find that the tasks that are required by Target team members are carried out. It do have to rely on others to order and stock the product .That is the most difficult area ,I am always running out of product and the time between arrivals of product is too long.I do love working with my guests and I have strong costumer service qualifications. Interacting with the guest and making a person feel better is the best part of my day.
Great feeling to brighten someones day with color
Beauty Advisor Representive (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 22, 2012
Pros: independent self motivated in store on site beauty advisor
Cons: less sales less hours less work.
The hardest part for me would be the ecconomy, when it got slow the sales were more difficult to reach the required goals, decreased sales, decreased hours. I really enjoyed my work, interacting with people it was exciting to brighten up someones day with a mini make over, new nail color or advice to help them with any issues or concernes they may have about health or beauty, I learned so much information about skin care applications, products, vitamins, plant extracts and how they are important and vital to our health. Feed back from other Beauty Advisors advice incuragement and support is very important. Management insured we were well infrormed with classes, meetings, and ready to support the brand of BOOTS USA, INC.
Great company to work for!
Vendor Rep/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Ventura, CAApril 26, 2012
Pros: great classes
Cons: hours
I enjoyed my time so much at Boots, and would love to work with them again!
Be prepared to supply your own materials if you work for this company....
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Wellington FloridaJanuary 17, 2012
Pros: little or no supervision
Cons: you have to clock out for a half hour break, regardless if you want one or not, if you finally acheive your monthly goal, the next month is higher
I was quite surprised when I actually interviewed for the beauty advisor position that I would be working in an aisle at Target. I found this to be a challenge and what a challenge it was. You not only have to deal with rude Target employees that make minimum wage, and are reluctant to help or do product research so you have product to sell, because of the daily, weekly and monthly goals you have to make, you do not get much support from the management of Boots either. Many times I brought issues to my superiors, but I was left to fend for myself most of the time. I had to get and pay for my own supplies like a table to do weekly events, tape, scissors, white out, or yes even my own client book was supplied by me. Christmas was a joke, you can go to the Dollar store for bags and tissue paper, I think not. I spent over $40.00 of my own money making a basket for the Susan Komen event I did in October, did I get any compensation of course not it was expected. They are just like every other cosmetic company and I have worked for a few just with a different cover. I am really not bitter more relieved that I am no longer employed at this company. I made a boo-boo I clocked out from my cell-phone, but I could never get to a Target phone without either an evil eye or feeling of dispar from the employees. Oh yes, if you go to another store because they say you may have to do this beware they do not pay milage, but make other promises that they do not keep. Like I was promised a commission from I store that I traveled almost an hour to get too. So if you think the grass is greener on the other side....please think again.