Boots UK Employee Reviews

poor
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 20, 2018
never liked this job. no chance for advancement. difficult working life around work schedule. very monotonous. work as hard as you want you will never have done enough
job at the store
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIFebruary 15, 2018
its just a job for me not a career im going to school to become a massage thearapist so this is just a job to me I go in I do my 8 hrs and go home don't care about doing anything but going there doing my job and going home
Pros
na
Cons
na
fun to work environment and equipment
Photographer (Former Employee) –  nottingham UKFebruary 11, 2018
The people I worked with took their job seriously and were very professional and they managed to create a very relaxed and fun environment.
I gained a better understanding regarding time management and the ability to work with others under pressure.
The management could have been more hands on with the stuff and to hire a more well equipped stuff.
The workplace culture was very good.

Hardest part of the job was the fact that part timers or contractors had the second used equipment such chairs and desks as well as computers which slew down the working speed and the stuff lacked energy by the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself as well as the results.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
second hand equipment towards the contractors and part timers.
Project Manager - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2018
- Good people,
- good management,
- engaged leadership,
- great programs for self development,
- great atmosphere,
- ability to work remotely without a problem
Walgreens and Boots Alliance
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FL 33444February 9, 2018
This is the smartest alliance, that I had the pleasure of being involved in. Working with Walgreens first at the training store was wonderful.

I saw new stores being built and staffed. Many managers from many stores trained at my store.

I had a great experience with Walgreens and the manager who promoted me to Cosmetician was caring and focused.
Pros
Second Job
sucks
Beauty Advisor / Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 18, 2018
I worked as a Beauty Advisor at Walgreens. I admit that experiences may vary across these stores, but the pay was really low for the amount of work that a Beauty Advisor does on top of the work of others in the store. Management does not care about your well-being.
Quick paced environment when it comes to making one call then having another immediately after.
Walgreens call center agent (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALDecember 31, 2017
You are sitting around a lot of people and you can hear and see a lot while on the phones which can be struggling if you are serious about your job. It can be fun, there are dress up days and they bring food in every few months to give out, like in bake offs and a cook out. It can be a good job for you if you can avoid the stress and maintain a great attitude!
Pros
There are 2 breaks and a lunch
Cons
It is a drama set environment
Great place to work.
Sfl manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 11, 2017
I started as a pharmacy technician here and have worked my way up. I have been with the company for 16 years and it’s been great. I just want something a little different in the medical field because I enjoy helping people who are in need of care.
Pros
Chance for advancement
Enjoy working with staff and customers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2017
A typical day at work s fast paced and needs to be planned out daily.I have learned how to run a successful and profitable store every year I have worked as a store manager.One of the most enjoyable things I enjoy is mentoring staff and provide personal relationships with the customers of my store.The hardest part of my job would be working with a restricted low budget and providing excellent customer service.It is very difficult to provide great service in a high powered very profitable store.I feel that not giving the customer great service will ruin the relationships in the long run.
Pros
Paid very well, great staff, excellent customers
Cons
Budget, not being able to proper train stafff with limited time
very tough to work because of staffing
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  boynton beach,flDecember 7, 2017
very stressful never enough help to do job right pharmacy district management was not very helpfull the people i worked with were great the best part of the job was to be able to help customers most of whom were very appreciative the hardest was trying to keep up with all the work that had to be done
Pros
the people 1 worked with
Cons
no lunch breaks
typical retail - once you reach management level there is little room for advancement
MANAGER - RETAIL AND PHARMACY OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCDecember 5, 2017
It's a good job and I've done well. There is a lot of uncertainty about where this industry and company is headed. It's hard to attract and keep good people on your staff because the pay is low.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation/PTO
Cons
Retail - Compliance managed on every aspect of the business.
Ok
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose , Middleton MaDecember 1, 2017
Overworked and overwhelmed. Front store manager sets the rules. Uneducated, inexperienced who sits in the office all day and offers minimal help.
No lunch break and get paid 42 hours weekly yet work at least 50+ hours to get the work done.

Atmosphere is dangerous , understaffed..
If you want a fun , professional employer who values your hard work and looking for work/life balance with a great quality of life.....look elsewhere as you won't experience that here.

Can find a better place to work elsewhere and probably get compensated better

..................................................................................
..........................................................................
Pros
A job
Cons
Over worked under staffed makes a dangerous situation
Great company that lost its way...
Manager, Health System Specialty Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2017
This used to be a company that was on the leading edge of training and technology. They invested in their people while being financially responsible. Now they are so focused on cost savings that they no longer develop people nor do they hold their people accountable. Everyone is so busy trying to get promoted that they lack authenticate leadership and transparency. The company is promoting new people and not paying them as much to replace more seasoned and qualified individuals. No real patient focus anymore. Use to be an industry leader. All the previous company leaders have left. Turnover is at an all time high. Now they are just like a Walmart.
Pros
Locations, benefits
Cons
Poor management, traininf, support staff
Company has changed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 29, 2017
Walgreens used to be a great place to work. Recently they have undergone organizational changes that have changed the company culture from being people oriented to being strictly business oriented
Pros
PTO. Profit sharing.
Cons
Lack of career advancement. Stressful corporate culture.
Full time pharmacist
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
Retail pharmacy experience. Patient provider relationships with emphasis on patient wellness. Help patient outcomes with medication counseling, compliance reminders and immunizations.
Good Company - continuous restructure
corporate (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 27, 2017
Walgreens is a good company with good people and in general a very solid work culture. They have been challenged after the takeover by the Alliance Boots leadership along with the challenges of the US Healthcare industry which has created a ton of turnover and constant restructure.
N/a
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2017
• Transcribes and verifies prescription information into a computer terminal.
• Applies and maintains appropriate licensure/registration, as required by state regulations.
• Interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Reads and understands Walgreens prescription data entry guidelines and procedures.
• Reads, reviews, and enters prescriptions into the system; troubleshoots to obtain missing information in order to resolve (utilizing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, pharmaceutical mathematics, conversion measurements and percentages).
• Inputs images of prescriptions into the computer.
nice workplace
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 24, 2017
i learned something new everyday and management always was so helpful i loved helping customers find products that would match there needs loved meeting new people everyday and having regular customers come in every week for me to help them with what ever they needed the most enjoyable part was being able to satisfy customers without having to go to management for every little thing came up but was there to help if needed
Pros
great workplace
Cons
Frustrating company as goals were not aligned
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2017
The typical work day was filled with challenges but the quality of the hourly workers and managers made up for it. I worked at Walgreens for 15 years and enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Compensation, people
Cons
unclear goals
Unpleasant work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with pleasant, friendly customers however those were infrequent. I learned doing favors for the corporation doesn't mean the co will return favors to you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.