Boots Employee Reviews in United States

terrible place
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 13, 2015
this was a part time job for me in college which ended up being a full time. They didn't take my school life into play such as classes, test, projects or anything. Manager was terrible and eventually ran down the business and forced the owners to close it
Wonderful workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSAugust 25, 2014
The management here is awesome. I love my boss. I learn something new about sales and about different styles of boots everyday. My co-workers are absolutely amazing and very fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting customers and meeting different people and also seeing repeat customers.
Pros
management, employees, close to home
Cons
no insurance benefits
New store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 29, 2014
Set this store up from the bare walls. Had a lot of pride in this store.
Some days I was at the cash register and some days I was on the sales floor. I learned a lot about horse feed, and saddle fitting and all things western/english in the horse world. Mixture of co-workers. Some very hard working. Manager used to ask my advice for issues concerning the running of the store. Hardest part of the job was making sure when a person brought their horse that I was getting the best fit for rider and horse. I loved the positive feedback from those customers.
Pros
the discounts, and one co-worker i worked very well with.
Cons
no rules/policies, or handbooks existed.
Engaging and stimulating place to work.
Senior Beauty (Current Employee) –  New York, NY Home OfficeOctober 16, 2013
Making sure my tester are out ready to receive customers.
Check inventory.
Sale.
Clean when necessary.
What I have learned is that, the tried and true methods are there for a reason. Being creative does not always work, you end up making more work for yourself than necessary. The management team was heplful . Giving you praise when we you derservie it aslo letting you know where you need improve in a constructive and heplful way. Co- workers make it easy to support them and give praise . We also have fun with at our staff meetings. The hardest part of the job is realizing the successes and failures are your responsibility. It also gives you personal growth and realizing that you need to accept and correct your failure and move on. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a genuine connecting with the customer, listening to their needs and to help them make the correct choice for them.
Pros
very supportive senior staff encouraged learning and growth.
Cons
having to work every weekend, due to my assignment having a very long drive.
Productive and enjoyable
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingfisher, OKMarch 20, 2013
Load ann haul saltwater from oilfied well-site. unload at disposal sites. In addition, haul fresh water to the drilling well-site.
Pros
doing what i enjoy most.
Cons
sometimes it seems like theres not enough hours in a day.
Worst Place I have EVER worked.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  SurreyFebruary 7, 2013
I am a Graduate who has had a bit of a touch time finding a job. I finally managed to get a job in Boots as a Customer Assistant, and at first was thrilled at the opportunity to work for them, being aware of it's respectable reputation. However, after working there for 6 months, I can certainly say it is the worst job I have ever had. I worked unloading lorries at 6.30 in the morning and putting delivery out to shelf, as well as helping customers and serving on tills. The customer assistance part wasn't bad at all. In fact, I enjoyed helping the customers and serving them at the tills with a friendly manner. However, behind the scenes it was a different story. We were understaffed due to budget cuts, and we were expected to do double as much work to make up for these cuts, within a tight schedule. The ops staff, as we were called, were constantly told we were not performing to the ridiculously high standards that were set by the company. We were constantly being reviewed and threatened with being fired if we didn't improve. I had barely got out of my probationary period before being stuck on a "performance improvement program" which is pretty much a written warning leading to suspension and inevitably, termination. I was told it was nothing to worry about as "other people were or had been on it", and my colleagues said it was basically a scare tactic. I even tried to get a transfer before this, but then was given the paper which blocked me from transferring, saving them from hiring someone else and training them up.
There were also health and safety regulations, that we were
  more... expected to know, but they were violated when we were told to do so.
I spent 6 miserable months there before I managed to find a new job, where I am now appreciated and it has really helped rebuild my confidence which was shattered in Boots.
I'm sure there are other branches which aren't as bad as mine, however the way staff were treated in my shop was despicable. A lot of people were unhappy and the only ones that weren't were management, who were in a "clique" of their own, oblivious to other people's unhappiness, even when we tried to speak to them. A lot of people did leave when I did, or where planning to and I don't blame them. The working conditions were terrible, the training was inadequate, the expectations unrealistic and the management just completely unprofessional. Everyone I have spoken to has agreed with me, it was the right choice to leave.
Pros
discount, i suppose?
Cons
terrible staff treatment, no job satisfaction whatsoever
Awesome Team work experience gained whilst on the Job training field.
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Finchley Road London.December 12, 2012
I gained a tremendous experience in Team playing and learnt how to be pragmatic with resolving customer/clientel challenges without recourse.
Working with this company gave me a greater edge in the area of priotizing overall.
Pros
effortless interactions with both clients and employees at wll. communciation skills
Cons
short breaks.