Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

Found 1,080 reviews matching the search
fun, and interesting
Geospatial/Multispectral/EO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHMay 27, 2017
The work was interesting and fun. fast past and quick turnarounds make the day go by very quickly. I learned many ways to collaberate information with other entities
Good launching pad
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2017
While I enjoyed the work, the promotion opportunities were limited. They are many great people that work at Booz Allen. I learned a lot and do not regret my time at this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Limited growth
Great place with ample benefits.
Technical Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIMay 25, 2017
I have only been at this position for about 6 months. This company has an extremely sufficient benefits package. There is also great opportunity in learning skills other than those you are hired for.
Great
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2017
Wonderful place to work, talented people, strong culture. Management is focused on what's next. Company should continue to focus on the future, consider broader acquisition targets
Good summer experience
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, WAMay 24, 2017
Decided not to work here full time as I wasn't a good fit with the company culture. Despite Booz's separation from Booz&Co. The company is known for great talent.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Casual environment
Great learning experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 23, 2017
Bright people utilizing top notch cutting edge tools and approaches. They provide the right solution over profit margins.to their clients if unforeseen requirements appear.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Culture has changed
Access to training
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDMay 22, 2017
During my tenure Booz Allen Hamilton I had access to training both on location and offsite. I learned a lot about my job and the Firm. However, upward mobility is tough.
Pros
Access to training and certifications
Cons
Difficult to promote up
management problems
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 22, 2017
The contract was written for a typical Monday - Friday person where most of the employees working are all shift workers. Management wants to change schedules for some employees like it's not a big deal. The job itself is great, smart people, and the mission is fun.
Amazing Kick off opportunity
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 22, 2017
I definitely enjoyed my time at Booz Allen Hamilton. I learned a lot from the work environment and my bosses. Great level of professionalism and positivity.
Amazing Summer Internship Program
Intern, Strategic Innovation Group (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDMay 20, 2017
Booz Allen's SIG summer internship was a blast! It was not only fun, but extremely educational. We had the opportunity to present our project and ideas to a board of executives and received positive feedback from them.
Pros
professional work environment, multiple locations in DC area
Too political to be productive
Lead Game Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2017
In my first year there, I had five different lead associates in my chain of command. In my three years there, I had 11; they kept on leaving. I had three Senior Associates (the big boss), only one of which had any background in software development. Because management doesn't understand how software is made, they make unrealistic demands. The current Sr. Associate fired me without severance and tried to say I was unqualified for the job so I couldn't get unemployment, even though I'd been there three years and gotten a raise and my games had gotten rave reviews and been reprinted multiple times. The politics is insane as they NEVER promoted from within to Lead Associate, so every Associate was in a cut throat competition to try and get promoted (although none were in my time there). They are unethical and happy to throw anyone under the bus. They do not spend any money on employee development. They're just about the cheapest lot I've ever seen.

My understanding is that Booz in the D.C. area actual cares about turnover rates, corporate culture, and ethics. I didn't see any of that on the IMAG team in San Antonio. The only reason I didn't blow the whistle to the client was that I have friends still working there, and Texas being an at will state it wouldn't have gotten me anything. My two prior managers both were fired after five years or more with the firm, both with no severance; they are evil people in San Antonio.
Pros
Lots of motivated worker bees
Cons
Untrustworthy management.
Not bad room for improvement
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ofallon RegionMay 19, 2017
BAH is a good place to work. They are revitalizing the firm's vision and attempting to posture it toward the future. As of yet the effort is to new to truly be evaluated.
Great company with lots of opportunity for growth
Cyber Threat Analyst (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDMay 17, 2017
Great company with lots of opportunity for growth. Opportunities to learn malware analysis, network analysis, cyber threat intelligence, etc. Training is a priority.
Really enjoyed working here.
Linux Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 17, 2017
Good Benefits, management, however they needed more ability to move people around internally. Overall a good company to work for. I would work for them again.
Productive work environment and diverse training
Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 15, 2017
During my experience I have deemed it as a productive work environment and offers diverse training. Each level at the firm provides plenty of opportunities for growth and promotion.
Interesting people and work
Lead Associate (Software Development Manager) (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 13, 2017
Had the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, hard working and coolest people on my team. I was also fortunate to be able to work part-time as needed. The hours were flexible and it supported my work life balance.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, many learning opportunities, work life balance
Cons
Very client centric, constantly changing company core values, difficult to move to new projects
Great work with great peolpe
Senior Border Security Specialist/SME contractor (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAMay 12, 2017
Great work with professional people. A definite ONE TEAM effort. A real purpose oriented job. Enjoy the travel and variety of duties and work. enjoy coming to work.
Professional and enjoyable place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2017
Maintained calendars, activity reports, checked emails and corresponded as necessary. Scheduled required meetings and travel arrangements, along with submitting expense reports. Answered incoming calls as necessary.

Management Executives were retired Military staff and very well respected, which provided a very pleasant atmosphere amongst colleagues. They expected top performers and that was achieved on a daily basis.

The culture of BAH was Military based and respect was highly regarded on all sides....Everyone was respected regardless of your position in the company.

The hardest part of the job was adjusting to Military lingo and protocol, but within time, it became second nature.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the collaboration of the Executive Assistants. Each EA provided support to each team to bring a common goal in completing tasks.
Pros
Great salary and great benefits, along with great teamwork
Cons
Government sequestration was always in the back of your mind, fear of losing your job
Productive place to work
Consultant/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 10, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the innovative and talented people I work with everyday. The work life balance is a plus and the workplace culture is exciting.
Smart and talented consultants
SENIOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2017
Work with some of the brightest management consultants in the business. Have access to some great training and certification opportunities. There is a lot of bureaucracy and politics involved in potential promotions and advancement.
Pros
Access to a ton of training/certifications, Great talented staff
Cons
Work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.