Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

Found 1,110 reviews matching the search
Good stepping stone until you plateau
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2017
The company has been good to me while also holding me back in certain ways. A bad manager can sidetrack your career for a couple years if he or she doesn't like you/ doesn't put you in a position to succeed. Luckily, I have had several managers over the years: some good, some bad. I made the most of the years under the good ones and earned myself some raises/promotions. I've seen some amazing work by smart, enthusiastic team members. I've seen some poor performers who skate by while earning 20-50% higher salary than their fellow team members. Overpriced mishires are the #1 killer of morale and retention. It's a mixed bag - and leadership doesn't always recognize or address problems. I guess that's any organization, though. I've ridden through multiple re-orgs since I joined in 2011, with nothing truly changing. Squeezing the most IL/DL out of staff and the stockholder dividend payments still rule corporate decision making. Even the VP level (except Corporate Core VPs) have little say in steering the ship. No burning desire to quit Booz... but constant wondering that I'm vastly underpaid has got me looking outside the firm (again). Last time I looked, I stayed at Booz. We'll see what happens this time. Not a lifer.
Pros
Depth and breadth of the client work
Cons
Mediocre salary, poor benefits, account group "fiefdoms"
BAH Review
LEAD ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 6, 2017
Booz is a large, multinational corporation. As such, it contains hundreds, if not thousands of teams and sub-teams, all of which have their own identity and culture.

Don't listen to anyone trying to generalize the whole company.
Great place with the right team
Training Officer/CIED training Integrator (Current Employee) –  DelawareJune 6, 2017
Throughout my tenure with BAH, it has been a great experience. It is just with the transfer of programs, you run the risk of working with employees that cannot release their past positions within the military and let go of the hierarchal mentality of leadership. It can be very one dimensional leadership at times, but overall a great company.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Weak leadership
Booz Allen Hamilton is a Good Company to Work
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJune 4, 2017
Booz Allen Hamilton is a very good company to work. They have many contracts for their employees and always applaud their employees for a job well done. The workplace culture is of a professional and enjoyable environment.
Pros
Keep their employees informed of all situations
Booz Allen
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2017
Booz Allen has a culture that is rich in government support/consulting that aligns perfectly with transitioning military personnel looking to get involved in the civilian sector.
Pros
Familiarity with the work, terminology, jargon
Cons
Bias among friends versus most qualified
Work for free
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAMay 31, 2017
Management expects you to attend pointless meetings in person at the booz office unpaid. You have to make up whatever time the meeting takes even though theres a dial in option for almost all meetings
BAH is great at Empowering Employeees
Sr.Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2017
Overall great place to work. They have alot of perks for employees. They will have onsite training to help you assist the customer in any fashion. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Excellent
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2017
This is a formality. I would rather speak to my experience in direct communication rather than filling out an online review simply to post my resume. I enjoy my time here.
Strategy Consulting Firm
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Great training ground to develop knowledge of the consulting process. Firm provides great exposure to various types of projects and offers opportunity for meaningful work experiences.
fun, and interesting
Geospatial/Multispectral/EO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHMay 27, 2017
The work was interesting and fun. fast past and quick turnarounds make the day go by very quickly. I learned many ways to collaberate information with other entities
Good launching pad
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2017
While I enjoyed the work, the promotion opportunities were limited. They are many great people that work at Booz Allen. I learned a lot and do not regret my time at this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Limited growth
Great place with ample benefits.
Technical Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIMay 25, 2017
I have only been at this position for about 6 months. This company has an extremely sufficient benefits package. There is also great opportunity in learning skills other than those you are hired for.
Great
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2017
Wonderful place to work, talented people, strong culture. Management is focused on what's next. Company should continue to focus on the future, consider broader acquisition targets
Good summer experience
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, WAMay 24, 2017
Decided not to work here full time as I wasn't a good fit with the company culture. Despite Booz's separation from Booz&Co. The company is known for great talent.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Casual environment
Great learning experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 23, 2017
Bright people utilizing top notch cutting edge tools and approaches. They provide the right solution over profit margins.to their clients if unforeseen requirements appear.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Culture has changed
Access to training
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDMay 22, 2017
During my tenure Booz Allen Hamilton I had access to training both on location and offsite. I learned a lot about my job and the Firm. However, upward mobility is tough.
Pros
Access to training and certifications
Cons
Difficult to promote up
management problems
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 22, 2017
The contract was written for a typical Monday - Friday person where most of the employees working are all shift workers. Management wants to change schedules for some employees like it's not a big deal. The job itself is great, smart people, and the mission is fun.
Amazing Kick off opportunity
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 22, 2017
I definitely enjoyed my time at Booz Allen Hamilton. I learned a lot from the work environment and my bosses. Great level of professionalism and positivity.
Amazing Summer Internship Program
Intern, Strategic Innovation Group (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDMay 20, 2017
Booz Allen's SIG summer internship was a blast! It was not only fun, but extremely educational. We had the opportunity to present our project and ideas to a board of executives and received positive feedback from them.
Pros
professional work environment, multiple locations in DC area
Too political to be productive
Lead Game Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2017
In my first year there, I had five different lead associates in my chain of command. In my three years there, I had 11; they kept on leaving. I had three Senior Associates (the big boss), only one of which had any background in software development. Because management doesn't understand how software is made, they make unrealistic demands. The current Sr. Associate fired me without severance and tried to say I was unqualified for the job so I couldn't get unemployment, even though I'd been there three years and gotten a raise and my games had gotten rave reviews and been reprinted multiple times. The politics is insane as they NEVER promoted from within to Lead Associate, so every Associate was in a cut throat competition to try and get promoted (although none were in my time there). They are unethical and happy to throw anyone under the bus. They do not spend any money on employee development. They're just about the cheapest lot I've ever seen.

My understanding is that Booz in the D.C. area actual cares about turnover rates, corporate culture, and ethics. I didn't see any of that on the IMAG team in San Antonio. The only reason I didn't blow the whistle to the client was that I have friends still working there, and Texas being an at will state it wouldn't have gotten me anything. My two prior managers both were fired after five years or more with the firm, both with no severance; they are evil people in San Antonio.
Pros
Lots of motivated worker bees
Cons
Untrustworthy management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval