Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

Found 1,137 reviews matching the search
maybe
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2017
good place to work for college grad, it was just not for me. You need to drink the Kool-Aid and attend every happy hour event to get recognized, it a young person place to learn.
terrible place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wash MetroJune 14, 2017
leadership makes terrible decisions - job security does not exist- i would not recommend this place to work to anyone quite frankly- you never know at any point if you are next on the chopping block
Pros
flexibility in telecommuting
Cons
terrible leadership
Highly trained technical staff
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 14, 2017
Highly trained technical staff. Challenging work. Great compensation. Very good 360 degree performance reviews. Very good benefits. Always learning something new.
Great place to learn and grow
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2017
Expect to develop analytical skills; coupled with amazing writing / presentation and client interaction skills. You will work with some of the smartest individuals in the work environment.
Pros
Great perks and benefits
Cons
Long Long work hours
Workplace Culture
Executive Assistant in FED Civil Account (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, WAJune 13, 2017
Very politically charged environment. Networking is key to success more so than talent. Each area of the firm operates differently. You may have success in one area of the firm and not so much success in another area depending on management.
Pros
Gym's are located in most locations and a focus on health
Cons
Work environment not supportive
Excellent Employer
Associate (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 12, 2017
Great company to work for and tremendous opportunities for career advancements. Excellent benefits and pay for seasoned professional. Would recommend as an employer.
Good stepping stone until you plateau
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2017
The company has been good to me while also holding me back in certain ways. A bad manager can sidetrack your career for a couple years if he or she doesn't like you/ doesn't put you in a position to succeed. Luckily, I have had several managers over the years: some good, some bad. I made the most of the years under the good ones and earned myself some raises/promotions. I've seen some amazing work by smart, enthusiastic team members. I've seen some poor performers who skate by while earning 20-50% higher salary than their fellow team members. Overpriced mishires are the #1 killer of morale and retention. It's a mixed bag - and leadership doesn't always recognize or address problems. I guess that's any organization, though. I've ridden through multiple re-orgs since I joined in 2011, with nothing truly changing. Squeezing the most IL/DL out of staff and the stockholder dividend payments still rule corporate decision making. Even the VP level (except Corporate Core VPs) have little say in steering the ship. No burning desire to quit Booz... but constant wondering that I'm vastly underpaid has got me looking outside the firm (again). Last time I looked, I stayed at Booz. We'll see what happens this time. Not a lifer.
Pros
Depth and breadth of the client work
Cons
Mediocre salary, poor benefits, account group "fiefdoms"
BAH Review
LEAD ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 6, 2017
Booz is a large, multinational corporation. As such, it contains hundreds, if not thousands of teams and sub-teams, all of which have their own identity and culture.

Don't listen to anyone trying to generalize the whole company.
Great place with the right team
Training Officer/CIED training Integrator (Current Employee) –  DelawareJune 6, 2017
Throughout my tenure with BAH, it has been a great experience. It is just with the transfer of programs, you run the risk of working with employees that cannot release their past positions within the military and let go of the hierarchal mentality of leadership. It can be very one dimensional leadership at times, but overall a great company.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Weak leadership
Booz Allen Hamilton is a Good Company to Work
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJune 4, 2017
Booz Allen Hamilton is a very good company to work. They have many contracts for their employees and always applaud their employees for a job well done. The workplace culture is of a professional and enjoyable environment.
Pros
Keep their employees informed of all situations
Cons
Competitive but innovative company.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 2, 2017
I certainly like the collegiate atmosphere even though it is hard for the team to work together in one office location. Without a clearance you are sitting around doing innovative but non-billable work for the first 6 months. It could get pretty isolating if you are consistently working without your colleagues around and if you like working independently or don't mind sitting in a closet somewhere at a client site this place is for you. The team is pretty responsive and open to communication and everyone is willing to help. My manager is excellent and very helpful. Coffee is terrible but compensation is more than I initially asked for and the team is smart and proactive.
Pros
Hard work but you learn alot
Cons
Not a lot of direction which is great if you want a hands off management
Booz Allen
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2017
Booz Allen has a culture that is rich in government support/consulting that aligns perfectly with transitioning military personnel looking to get involved in the civilian sector.
Pros
Familiarity with the work, terminology, jargon
Cons
Bias among friends versus most qualified
Work for free
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAMay 31, 2017
Management expects you to attend pointless meetings in person at the booz office unpaid. You have to make up whatever time the meeting takes even though theres a dial in option for almost all meetings
BAH is great at Empowering Employeees
Sr.Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2017
Overall great place to work. They have alot of perks for employees. They will have onsite training to help you assist the customer in any fashion. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Excellent
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2017
This is a formality. I would rather speak to my experience in direct communication rather than filling out an online review simply to post my resume. I enjoy my time here.
Strategy Consulting Firm
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Great training ground to develop knowledge of the consulting process. Firm provides great exposure to various types of projects and offers opportunity for meaningful work experiences.
fun, and interesting
Geospatial/Multispectral/EO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHMay 27, 2017
The work was interesting and fun. fast past and quick turnarounds make the day go by very quickly. I learned many ways to collaberate information with other entities
Good launching pad
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2017
While I enjoyed the work, the promotion opportunities were limited. They are many great people that work at Booz Allen. I learned a lot and do not regret my time at this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Limited growth
Great place with ample benefits.
Technical Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIMay 25, 2017
I have only been at this position for about 6 months. This company has an extremely sufficient benefits package. There is also great opportunity in learning skills other than those you are hired for.
Great
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2017
Wonderful place to work, talented people, strong culture. Management is focused on what's next. Company should continue to focus on the future, consider broader acquisition targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.