Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

Team work was always a plus.
Personnel Security Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 20, 2015
Working at this company was a great advantage for my career. I gain a lot of knowledge and experience. The training I received helped me in the security arena.
Worked as a peocurement specialist supporting various government emergency response vehicles
Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), Lexington Park, MDMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great work environment and team cohesiveness, and employee focused organization
Cons: top heavy organization which slowed advancement
Primary tasking was to provide hardware acquisition support to the Naval Air Warfare Center-Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Special Communications Requirements (SCR) Division. Roles and Responsibilities were the research and development of acquisition strategies and preparation of applicable procurement documentation, including request memoranda, Urgency statements, Information Technology waivers, Master Equipment Lists (MEL), and procurement justifications (within FAR regulations). This effort also included preparing program plans, schedules and related work estimates, determination of costs and schedule performance, including the analysis of the impact of current performance on the overall program schedule and resource requirements. Worked closely with the client, other Booz Allen staff, and integration support contractors. Responsible for supporting the client from initial requirement through equipment delivery. Used Government Acquisitions System (Sigma/SAP) and SCR proprietary material tracking systems to monitor all stages of the procurement process. Responsible for briefing senior SCR Division leadership monthly regarding the overall status of procurements for their Branch’s. Provided instruction and training to other team members. Also have knowledge of Government Websites such as the Dept. of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration and Maritime Administration regulations, U.S. State Department, and U.S. Customs Services.
Challenging Work and Eceptional Colleagues
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: Professionalism, Company Values and Culture
Cons: None really...
The things that I miss most about working at Booz Allen and Hamilton, were the challenging work assignments and working with some of the brightest and talented people I have ever worked with.
First Company
Community Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 13, 2015
This is the first company I worked with after retiring from the military. I have no other experience with any other companies other than what has been told to me by friends. I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting and working with my co-workers and consider a few of them extended family.
Fun
Lead Dispatcher, Security (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: workers
Cons: breaks
observing and report was the main job duty and checking badges. was overall nice place to work. the hardest part was standing on post.
Booz Allen was a very good company to work for overall
Sr Sys Eng - HQ AFSPC/SMC - Space Sys Consultant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 11, 2015
Pros: philanthropic and employee programs were top-notch
Cons: delayed resources for relocation and cost of living differences when local work was unavailable
They really did have one of the best companies around until they went public rather than remaining privately held on the stock exchange.
NORAD and USNORTHCOM J522
NORAD & USNORTHCOM Cyber/IAMD Policy Planner (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 11, 2015
Working at NORAD and USNORTHCOM J522 has been outstanding. The ability to work in the Joint environment doing both Cyber and Integrated Air and Missile Defense Policy Planning as been a very rewarding experience.
Working at Booz Allen for 13 years has been truly outstanding. I have worked in Missile Warning, ITW/AA, Functional Managers Office in Omaha and Colorado Springs, Huntsville working for Missile Defense Agency, Stuttgart, Germany working Missile Defense Operations Planning, and NORAD and USNORTHCOM.
However, my wife is now the care-giver for her mother in Denver and I now have to make the move to Denver and support my wife in this endeavor.
NORAD and USNORTHCOM J522
Demanding Job Developing Strategic Consulting Solutions For Federal Government Problems
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: opportunity to do strategic planning, thought leadership.
Cons: work/life balance can be non existent.
Incredibly demanding, labor intensive job for high profile Federal Government consulting firm. Ability to work with some of the leading industry experts to develop high quality, strategic consulting solutions for Federal Government clients. As employees rise at the firm, the ability to maintain a work/life balance is virtually nonexistent.
Booz Allen Hamiton
Billing Consultant (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: Teleworking
Cons: Healthcare benefits
The experience of this company differs, depending upon the department you work. I enjoy the ability to telework at least three days a week, but not to happy with the current health benefits offered
Great company to work for
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), McLean, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: job security
I've had the privilege of working at Booz Allen for almost 13 years. It is a company with a great reputation and excellent leadership.
good work place
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Crystal City, VAMarch 7, 2015
the managers here are scared to let their employees switch fields. They are more worried about their next review, not yours. I understand that you have to look out for yourself, but when your job is a Career manager for other employees you have to be able to place their needs in front of yours.
Many perks
Administrative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long commute
Booz Allen was a great company to work for. They were located in NYC. They did a lot for their employees. I worked with Partners scheduling their meetings and their flight arrangements. I also did all of their expense reports.
Awesome place to work
Special Access Programs Systems (SAP) Trainer (Former Employee), Newington, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great pay and perks
Cons: not many cons, maybe that they went public and is no longer a firm.
Amazing place to work. The firm as they referred to themselves treated their employees with dignity and respect. A very classy place to work and amenities at the work place are hard to find like full gym on location and daycare for employees children.
Friendly place to work
Senior Consultant/Mid-level Business Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis JunctionMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed working with subcontractors. I worked with them to approve their invoices. Overall, worked with a few great managers. Will be will to return for work.
Good compensation package. Cold and impersonal environment.
Recruiting Administrator/Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee), MarylandMarch 2, 2015
Great company benefits. This might be specific to my work situation, but I found the culture to be sometimes cold and impersonal. It's a dispersed work environment so I rarely saw my teammates and supervisor and it's hard to establish relationships/friendships via email and instant messaging. Coming from a warm and friendly nonprofit organization, I found it hard to adjust.
Profit, Profit, Profit
Program / Project Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: solid reputation for individuals just entering the workforce
Cons: upward mobility beyond middle management is extremely difficult
When I joined the Firm we were privately owned. They were selective in contracts they pursued. They saw employees for their talent and worked hard to keep them employed.

Now they are publicly traded. Continuously cutting overhead to include senior leadership. Willing to take any contract position to include staff augmentation. And quick to terminate staff who aren't meeting billable targets.

Booz Allen is still a solid company but I have witnessed a downward trend from an outstanding consulting firm that was highly respected in the community to a run of the mill government contracting organization.
Operational Plans Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 17, 2015
challenging and rewarding. Exciting place to work that empowers employees and cultivates team work. A corporate culture that ethically aligns to my approaches in life.
A Top heavy organization
Task Lead, Senior Information System Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: well respected organization.
Cons: very top heavy and difficult to earn your place when new to the organization.
From my vantage point, it seemed that the management was top heavy, and a lot of management activities were delegated down the chain. I also experienced difficulties in earning my true value and upward mobility.
A positive experience with a distinct corporate culture.
Associate (Former Employee), Chanilly VAFebruary 12, 2015
Firm pushed integration and understanding of other corporate cultures. The firms culture based on a legal firm precepts was integral to a "day in the life".

About Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen Hamilton has been at the forefront of strategy and technology consulting for 100 years. Booz Allen is committed to – Read more

Booz Allen Hamilton Salaries