Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

Found 1,109 reviews matching the search
booz
Services Project Manager (Facilities) (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 20, 2017
Company culture is annoying. Mid level managers are like sharks fighting for power and employees under them so they can advance in their careers. Much better companies out there. Also the benefits suck Aetna for medical is horrible and 15 days a year vacation time to start. Most companies give you at least a few more days or sick days or something.
Talent Hoarder
Cyber Strategic Planner - Fleet Forces Command (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDApril 19, 2017
If you have a skillset that Booz Allen wants, they will reach out to acquire that skillset. Even if they do not have a contract for you to work on immediately, they so value your skillset, that they are willing to let you ride the bench until a position or new contract is awarded. They want the best of the best.
Pros
Free good coffee at the corporate offices.
Cons
If at client site, it is hard to keep in the know at corporate level.
Fast paced, rewarding
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here. There were a lot of expectations, but nothing I couldn't handle. It was very fast paced, but we accomplished a lot. I was part of some great teams. We all worked together to accomplished our missions.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Sometimes it was the "Good ol' boy network".
Good company
Associate - Senior Subcontracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, BMApril 18, 2017
Great company, good work life balance, salary is up to par with the DC metro area market and especially good for those coming into the company with experience.
okay entry level company - go to industry for better career development
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 18, 2017
It was developing too many ppt's and not substantively focused enough. I worked there, but they beat a powerpoint to death... In industry you have to move much faster and be much quicker from problem to solution to results.. No wonder why military healthcare is so slow to change
Na
Associate/Senior Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 14, 2017
Life at BAH is fine. They pay well. Work environment is nice. Benefits are good, medical could be adjusted. Managers do care about work life balance.
Associate Consultant
Site Lead/ C-IED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort McCoy, WIApril 13, 2017
Oversaw equipment in excess of $500,000 and training of up to 38,000 soldiers in the counter improvised explosives devices with training or survival, recognition and counter IED operations.
Great place for career growth and endless opportunities
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 12, 2017
Working in client environments can be very challenging, but the skills you acquire make it totally worth it. The teams I have worked on have been very supportive and I've had wonderful managers. Much of your experience at the firm is dependent on the management team and client. I have worked there 11 years and have been lucky to have been promoted 3 times and lead my own team and contract.
Pros
stability, opportunity
Cons
no bonuses, government staff augmentation
Translate forum indo asia pacific defence magazine english-thai
Translate magazine English-Thai (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2017
I'm love to this company.
I most enjoysble is I can use my nature language in this job
Flexible on time line. I can work at home on my computer
Pay on time.
I have a Helpful Management.
Your career manager can make or break your experience
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 11, 2017
Pay is solid. Benefits are solid. Hours are good--no one works crazy hours. However, your project team and the culture they create can make all the difference. Management is not great, if you have a bad career manager it's very difficult to complain against that person and have some actual follow up action as a result. People at the top just stay at the top now matter how terrible their managerial skills are.
Very professional and highly regarded supplier of technical services to the U.S. Army.
SIGINT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDApril 11, 2017
A feather in you cap to work for one of the olders technical supplier firms in the country. A true think-tank environment where ideas turn into next generation realities. Very happy I chose to work there.
Too Many Overhead functions to perform because Management doesn't
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAApril 9, 2017
Poor Management, Don't like having to do performance reviews on total strangers because Management doesn't.

Tired of having to constantly upsell or expand contracts.

Getting paid once a month isn't fun either
Good culture with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDApril 7, 2017
I appreciate the opportunity to work with many intelligent individuals. For the most part, people are engaged and more than willing to help with anything. I received a lot of support and I've learned many useful things about my job. I can take the time to learn and grow within my job, but I also have the opportunity to branch out and become involved in other things. It's been a great experience so far.
Professional Organization
Fianance and Risk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 6, 2017
Great place to work. Great people. Interesting and rewarding projects. A lot of opportunity for growth and development. There are also great benefits that come along with the job.
Most interesting place to work
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 5, 2017
Average day was to keep the office users happy and operational. I learned a lot about the world of large scale consulting from observing the work there. Stellar management who stood by their people. In this workplace there were many people with various expertise who were all happy to share knowledge. The hardest part of the job was the 2 hour commute each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was how well people got along.
Pros
Team building and learning was plentiful
Cons
Could not advance without further education
Nice company
Agile Coach /Scrumaster (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 5, 2017
Pros

Great culture, and there is always work as an associate Subcontracts admin. Most Client Staff are great to work with. the Subcontracts team is very interactive and work closely with each other. If you dont know it, just ask, no one will undermine your work.

Cons

The internal and Government processes are intense and takes a lot of know how.
Some client staff are difficult, but manageable because of great Subcontracts Leadership

Advice to Management

Great Subcontracts Management team, although work is hard, the management is great.
Moderately decent place to work at
Junior Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 4, 2017
Too much micromanagements. Not a great company when it comes to salary raise which is quite marginal compared to other company salary raises. People overall there is great to work with though.
Good people and fun company
Associate 3 (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 3, 2017
met really good people with this company and the work was challenging.the culture is a work family life balance. the commute was difficult but the job was fun.
Age discrimination is practiced
Software Engineer Lead, DHS (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2017
Booze Allen prefers and recruits college graduates. It seems that is there specialty and preference. Vets 50 + and older workers are not valuable to the company. When an assignment ends, the companies have preferences on seniority regardless skill sets. Orientation keyword is networking will get you far. IIt creates a culture of knowing someone will get you your next task.
Senior Co-workers scratch each other back to elevate their promotion status.
Pros
It is easier for BAH employees ttranstioning to being Federal employees, BAH favors that in order to have bigger contract influences.
Cons
Networking and socializing with key personnel will get you to the Golf course of ooportunities
Workplace Culture
Associate, Analyst - Targeter (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 31, 2017
The workplace culture is great at Booz. They take care of their employees and make sure that everyone continues to advance within the company and on the job site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval