Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

Disappointing
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 13, 2015
My assignment was cut short because I could not produce the document that verifies my citizenship. My US passport was expired and did not qualify for identification purposes; although, I had a valid Virginia drivers License. I had no access to internet and had to wait outside to be let in for work.

The Security person told me to get an updated citizenship certificate and come back. Really. Being a temporary employee did not give me the perk of them paying for it.

The employees were friendly and invited me to their pizza party. Some employees complained about project ending abruptly or bosses moving and leaving them to scramble for a new position. they all felt the company was a great place to work.
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee), Mid-USJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: tuition assistance; benefits package
Cons: middle-management communications to employees
Overall a good company to work for. Like any company supporting the US Government and defense sector in a consulting capacity, resources have become more tight, leading to changes in the company in order to account for those decreased resources.

In general, the company is most beneficial for those around the headquarters in the McLean, VA area and surrounding offices. In the smaller offices, opportunities for advancement are harder to come by.

The company does provide solid benefits and has done relatively well holding down costs on insurances, etc. The company does provide extensive training and tuition assistance, though the on-site training is mostly geared to those in the Washington, DC area.

Management is good, overall, though in some cases managers at the middle level do not communicate with employees as well as they could. Given that many managers and their direct-report employees are in different locations across the US, this lack of communication can be frustrating for employees.

Again, overall a good company to work for.
Great Company With Great Experiences
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), St Louis, MissouriJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: pto
Cons: contracts
I have worked at BAH for almost 5 years, right out of college. Good benefits, salary, and a great way to build experience. The only negative is working contract to contract, but I have never been without work. Plenty of opportunities to move to different states.
N/A
Security Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Please refer to my ratings. It is a great company and I was very delighted to be pat of their team.
Okay but getting worse
Internal Financial Professional (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits for the most part
Cons: no career growth, raises lower
Focus has shifted off of the employee and is all about the bottom line. Chances for raises and growth potential are completely stagnant.
Good Company
Associate (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 29, 2014
My overall experience to date has been a positive one. It's a good company with very talented people.
Great Learning Experience and great people to work with.
Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and great environment.
Cons: i am not getting paid for what i am worth.
Throught my career at Booz Allen Hamilton, I have learned a great deal of information. It has developed me into a entry level personnel to a management level candidate.I am very thankful for the experiences that I have encountered here. Through my career I have learned about financial/project management/Acquisition management. The best part of my job is the fact that I enjoy doing what I do.
Good Company Overall
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 23, 2014
BAH is a good company overall. Each experience is very different depending on your client, the project, and your BAH home team. If you have a tough client your day to day life will be tough but hopefully your BAH team will be there to support you and help you through and rough spots.
Interesting work; Consulting and advising
Systems Engineering Associate (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: people and working with client
Cons: long hours; very demanding
Inundated on a daily basis with meetings between client and contractor. Constant meetings providing updates and statuses to client project tasks. Caused compressed work schedule for allowing work on tasks to be completed. I learned a lot about project management; lean six sigma concepts; and the ability to provide consulting services to clients given contract tasks. Worked daily with a team (co-workers) managing contract tasks and reporting to client leadership regarding results and required feedback. Hardest part of job was working towards a deadline while ensuring your individual tasks fit within the team tasks required for client review and approval. Most enjoyable part of job was the constant feedback from the client and company. You always knew your position in terms of performance and productivity (results).
Fun place to work
Subcontracts Administrator (Current Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 15, 2014
Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to work. Management does a good job with staying connected to their employees. There should be more opportunities for training and growth.
Highly professional organization that takes care of their people.
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 14, 2014
Booz Allen is a great company to work for. They have great health and retirement benefits that few employers could match.

My job allowed my schedule to be quite flexible, which is great for family life in that I could work weekends to make up for hours or to build hours ahead of a planned vacation.
Once Industry Leading...
Lead Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VADecember 12, 2014
Pros: job experience, co-workers
Cons: cuts to benefits, the joys of being a public company.
I have watched this once great company move downmarket. To be fair the market realities and economy have forced the firm to cut costs. However as a long time employee I feel they have gone too far and feel we are not below our competitors for compensation and benefits.
Meh
Game Developer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2014
All I can say is meh. I have gotten a lot of good experience but have dealt with a lot of crud. Just like the real world I guess but after all the promises made I just get let down a lot. At an early point benefits began to be reduced. All I can say is meh. I have gotten a lot of good experience but have dealt with a lot of crud. Just like the real world I guess but after all the promises made I just get let down a lot. At an early point benefits began to be reduced.
Very professional environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), McLean, VADecember 8, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: department relocation
Booz Allen is your typical "Corporate" job. A typical work day includes getting coffee, sitting at a desk, attending meetings, arranging meetings, arranging calendars, and setting up for more meetings. Management at Booz Allen in my experience served as encouragement for growth. They encouraged myself and peers to get involved in Toast Masters, Brown Bags, and other ways to develop. My co-workers served as a team. This team formed a group, a support group. A group of Executive Administrative Assistants. It was our backbone. The hardest part of the job was coming out of myself in order to develop as needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was facing the challenge to do so.
Leading consulting company with support to the government, provate, and social sectors.
Associate - Org. Development and Change Management (Current Employee), McClean, VADecember 4, 2014
Booz Allen is an extraordinary firm to work for that gives you opportunity to experience many different types of project work and support for different clients.
Very productive
Planning, Policy and Business Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VADecember 4, 2014
Pros: truly professionals
Cons: long meetings
My typical day will begin with revising policies and creating automation forms. Developing processes for the sharepoint. I truly enjoy the people on my team.
Efficient and Proactive
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Stresses careers and not a job. The team work is great. People enjoy helping their clients succeed.
Receptionist
Receptionist (contract) (Former Employee), Falls Church, VaNovember 30, 2014
Great people and clients.
Hand out Id's to clients, when coming from different site of work..
One of the best companies to work for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Application C&A Project Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VANovember 24, 2014
Just okay
Senior Security Policy & Oversight Advisor (Current Employee), Arlington, VANovember 21, 2014
Booz Allen is just okay and it takes awhile to get acclimated to the "Booz Allen Way." Very stressful work environment and not a lot of opportunities for advancement. I've worked for better companies.

About Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen Hamilton has been at the forefront of strategy and technology consulting for 100 years. Booz Allen is committed to – Read more

Booz Allen Hamilton Salaries