Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen Hamilton Employer Reviews

Service oriented
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee), aberdeen, mdApril 4, 2014
You always provide great service to both fellow employees and the public. They always walk away with a smile.
Good company to work for, lots of opportunity for advancement
Associate (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 3, 2014
Global presence with expanding international presence. Great pay, benefits and training programs.
Solid company focused on customers needs
Airborne Mission Planner (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 3, 2014
Booz Allen is a very customer focused company that goes the extra mile to make sure the customers needs are satisfied. Great work experience.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Herndon, VAApril 2, 2014
Wonderful company to work for, management was amazing. Wonderful benefits and great work life balancse
Looks out for the almighty dollar
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLApril 2, 2014
The company talks about looking out for its people but it doesn't. When it comes down to it, it is all about money.
Great company
Consultant - Global Security Operations (Current Employee), Stuttgart, BWApril 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Excellent corporate culture, challenging work, and top-rate benefits package.
Great company
Management Consultant, Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), DMV areaMarch 31, 2014
Booz Allen is a great company.

Pros: lots of opportunities to advance skills, decent job security for government contracting field, some really great managers, lots of opportunities to find mentors, good pay and benefits, lots of formal and informal learning opportunities and forums.

Cons: ensuring employees rapidly find billable work means you can – more... sometimes end up stuck with work not in line with your interests or abilities – less
Giant temp agency
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), McLean, VAMarch 30, 2014
Work is not interesting. Training is not readily available. Very high attrition rate
Exciting, highly competitive job.
Associate, Strategic Communications (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAMarch 26, 2014
High risk, high reward work. Contract work that requires cutting-edge products and solutions.
Associate (Current Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 25, 2014
I enjoy working with smart co-workers and you get to do that at BAH. However, over the past decade the culture has changed to be more of a "butts in seats" consulting firm. The higher level, big brain, consulting gigs seem to be increasingly going to other firms.
Challenging, rewarding work in an increasingly difficult marketplace
Associate (Current Employee), Belcamp, MDMarch 24, 2014
While I enjoy the work that I do at Booz Allen, it has become more and more difficult to find the perfect contract vehicle to develop as a project manager and employee. Our exercise-based capability is not fully supported by the firm due to fluctuations in schedule and a general lack of predictability in the marketplace.
Great company; excelling in job diversity
Executive Administrative Officer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 24, 2014
Pros: working for people and coordinating to make things run smoothly
Cons: not having a back-up person when on vacations/sick.
A typical day at work would be to basically run the office from all aspects. Scheduling/Managing Video Teleconferences, "go-to" person for every aspect of the office, answering phones, scheduling meetings, ordering equipment, maintaining all office equipment/supplies, preparing all travel packages, sending clearances, setting up conferences, coordinating – more... events, briefings, hosting external, senior-level executive conferences. I learned all government language and acronyms. – less
Highly competive and quality-product-oriented environment
Operations Research Engineer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2014
Pros: excellent and very demanding.
Cons: contract will expire and no plans for renewal/extension.
Every day is very demanding; management is great as well as co-workers. Many decisions taken since "9/11 War on Terrorism" have been taken by the Department of Defense and the US CENTRAL command as direct (or indirect) results of the analysis conducted by our team.

The only negative aspect of the job is that the company can offer the services only – more... when the Department of Defense demands "the consultant-services" the company provides. The present contract that I have been working for the five past years (and 15 years before this period) will expire on 15 April 2014 and due the "present economy" there are no plans to extend the current contract in the future. Only government employees will continue our work. I will have no job after April 15th. – less
Work / Life Balance
Associate (Current Employee), Mclean, VAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: promotions are limited
Great People and Great Benefits.
You will meet long term friends at the company.
401K benefits were reduced.
Your experience will depend on your management.
Hit or miss
Associate (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 17, 2014
BAH depends on which client one is working for, & they range in terms of compensation & job satisfaction. I like my current client, but my salary is unsatisfactory.
Great Culture
Associate (Project Manager) (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: short contracts
- Co-workers very supportive
- Have a lot of say in your position
- Learn about business as well as engineering
- Most enjoyable part of the job - Challenging and learning more things out of your comfort area
Nonstop Production
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 13, 2014
Pros: competitive, motivating, pay
Cons: being a contractor and working under managment that reminds you of that consistently
In between my weekly breifings that I provide to the Chief of Staff and his Deputy Commander, I push myself to stay on task with my weekly assessments that I am required to submit to my company. I use the weekly assessments as a briefing to keep the Chief of Staff up to date on his unit being officially "audit ready". The client may be demanding but – more... it's trained me to make the best use of my time throughout my workday and I enjoy remaining busy at work and feeling like I'm needed to accomplish an essential mission. As the staff asks questions that I may not have all the answers to, I've learned to work with my team to figure who to go to for the best answers to various situations and I respect that in the Booz Allen atmosphere. I've become alot more experienced in designing spreadsheets from the numerous reports I'm required to export from GFEBS, which is the main ERP system and its feeder systems, such as DTS, AXOL, and GCSS-A. I also work on my monthly CBA invoice to ensure that outstanding charges and any unmatched disbursements are being reconciled. – less
Great place to start a Career
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the work ethic of people is across the board very good benefits pretty solid ecap was very good
Cons: heavy focus on billability vs intellectual capital development.
I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years
BAH
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), McLean, VAMarch 12, 2014
You can experience great success at BAH or great failure. Sadly, it really has nothing to do with how talented you are and more about your client and if you have a competent manager.
Productive and interesting place to work at.
Associate (Former Employee), Mclean, VAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Booz Allen is a very professional place where you always meet some of the best pioneers in the management consulting space.

About Booz Allen Hamilton

For almost a century, consultants at Booz Allen Hamilton┬áhave been helping US government agencies operate more efficiently at – Read more