Boral Bricks

Boral Bricks Employer Reviews

learning experence
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: you had no one looking over your shoulder and yelling instruction
Cons: sometime the bad weather you had to work in
load and unload trucks, clean up areas you were assigned,in my 37yrs there i learned quite a lot from older co-workers.. managment is managment, you have the ones who are hard nosed and the ones everybody wonted to work for.. the guys i worked with were great guys to be around and work with. the hardest part of the job, was when you had nothing to do, – more... i.e no trucks or boxcars to load or unload.. when you were busy and the day when by fast and easy.. – less
descent place to work
tie setter (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 6, 2013
Pros: nice employees
Cons: bad enviorment
some of the machines and equipment were very old and the computers on the machines were way out of date.
A very productive workplace
Dehacker Operator/Safety Team (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: the company rewarded employees for exceeding expectations
Cons: there were alot of long days that turned into nights
Every day my department had a quota to meet before we went home. I learned how to operate different machinery, quality inspection, leadership, and most important of all teamwork. I was also a part of the safety team in which we had to collect data everyday and go over it in out weekly meetings.
slow days - not much to do
Receptionist - Casual Three days a week (Current Employee), GeelongJune 18, 2014
Pros: caned knowledge
Cons: not many hours
There isn't much work to do there for the days go slow, no chance for advancement, no change for full time work
Leader in product developement
State Yard Distribution Leader (Former Employee), Badgerys Creek (now closed)February 8, 2014
company closed Badgerys Creek and Moorebank operations. all staff made redundant
you are just a number
Export Coordinator / Team Leader (Former Employee), BrisbaneFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great team players
Cons: you are just a number
loyalty is rewarded by redundancy, they don't care about their employees
focus on productivity & quality none personal environment
National technical engineer (Former Employee), brisbaneSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: none that i could see
Cons: very long hours, on call 24/7 365 days for over twenty years.
I've worked for the company for some time and was able to compare it to my previous employer CSR, both are very much the same, wanting productivity/quality.
In my role a typical day would be to ensure production/quality targets are meet and that the various projects that I am managing are on schedule.
Management like all companies are focused on their – more... objectives and are mostly from other industries placing their trust & relying on your expertise to oversee the technical aspects of the business.
The hardest part of the job was trying to engineer the equipment to cope with the ongoing increase demand to productivity, quality & insistence in raw materials.
Being responsible for all aspects of engineering, tunnel kiln & dryer operations I always enjoyed seeing my changes whether mechanical or program come together to deliver a great product. – less

About Boral Bricks

Boral USA is stacked and that's a fact: It is the nation's largest manufacturer of brick and clay tile for exterior commercial – Read more