Boral Bricks

Boral Bricks Employer Reviews

Once was a Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 8, 2014
Pros: once was the people
Cons: hours, heat, production is #1, nothing else, business dying
This company is an Australian company, whose primary goal is profits. Over the years the US has lost them millions of dollars. Now everyone is working 50-60+ hours, less benefits and workers are subject to heat extremes (ok they give you water to drink) They say safety is #1 but it is not, if any one does something unsafe they are fired. Other brick manufactures in the US have taken over the share of the market that Boral once owned. The lack of using bricks in construction has lead to the decline of Boral.
learning experence
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: you had no one looking over your shoulder and yelling instruction
Cons: sometime the bad weather you had to work in
load and unload trucks, clean up areas you were assigned,in my 37yrs there i learned quite a lot from older co-workers.. managment is managment, you have the ones who are hard nosed and the ones everybody wonted to work for.. the guys i worked with were great guys to be around and work with. the hardest part of the job, was when you had nothing to do, i.e no trucks or boxcars to load or unload.. when you were busy and the day when by fast and easy..
descent place to work
tie setter (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 6, 2013
Pros: nice employees
Cons: bad enviorment
some of the machines and equipment were very old and the computers on the machines were way out of date.
A very productive workplace
Dehacker Operator/Safety Team (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: the company rewarded employees for exceeding expectations
Cons: there were alot of long days that turned into nights
Every day my department had a quota to meet before we went home. I learned how to operate different machinery, quality inspection, leadership, and most important of all teamwork. I was also a part of the safety team in which we had to collect data everyday and go over it in out weekly meetings.

About Boral Bricks

Boral USA is stacked and that's a fact: It is the nation's largest manufacturer of brick and clay tile for exterior commercial – Read more