Boral Bricks Employee Reviews in United States

Customer service skills were used daily
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this job. I was looking to work here until I retired. Due to economy decline in 2008 there was a lack of new construction and decrease in orders. I was laid off.
Pros
Great work environment, great people
Cons
Laid off to to lack of business
Once was a Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 8, 2014
This company is an Australian company, whose primary goal is profits. Over the years the US has lost them millions of dollars. Now everyone is working 50-60+ hours, less benefits and workers are subject to heat extremes (ok they give you water to drink) They say safety is #1 but it is not, if any one does something unsafe they are fired. Other brick manufactures in the US have taken over the share of the market that Boral once owned. The lack of using bricks in construction has lead to the decline of Boral.
Pros
once was the people
Cons
hours, heat, production is #1, nothing else, business dying
I enjoyed waking up going to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 27, 2015
my overall experience with Boral bricks was a success, I have no complaints about this job whatsoever. the supervisors were good and respectable we helped us out when we were short men, just an overall great company to work for.
Pros
Supervisors, Pay
Cons
N/A
Productive close knit group suffering through a deep recession in the building products business.
Regional Production Manager South West (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXJuly 23, 2014
A typical day depended on which plant of the 20 I was visiting and their plants SOP. Generally a group meeting with all employees sharing the past 24 hours success / challenges and what we needed to be aware of especially related to non standard task and always Safety.

I learned that the people in the factory new what needed to be done and for the most part needed to be coached and encouraged. I was amazed at the ability of people.

For the most part I was management and learned to communicate and reassure employees that my job success and the company's success was directly impacted by a team approach

My co-workers were tools used to present the companies values of Safety and quality and needed to be the cheerleaders and communicators of our common goals.

The two hardest parts of the job was when I failed and someone had a Safety "near miss" or had to be separated from the business.

The most joy for me was when the team comes together and the sense of accomplishment when the group is pulling together and solving problems and taking responsibility for each other, focusing on safety, quality and low cost production.
learning experence
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 22, 2014
load and unload trucks, clean up areas you were assigned,in my 37yrs there i learned quite a lot from older co-workers.. managment is managment, you have the ones who are hard nosed and the ones everybody wonted to work for.. the guys i worked with were great guys to be around and work with. the hardest part of the job, was when you had nothing to do, i.e no trucks or boxcars to load or unload.. when you were busy and the day when by fast and easy..
Pros
you had no one looking over your shoulder and yelling instruction
Cons
sometime the bad weather you had to work in
A very productive workplace
Dehacker Operator/Safety Team (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 3, 2012
Every day my department had a quota to meet before we went home. I learned how to operate different machinery, quality inspection, leadership, and most important of all teamwork. I was also a part of the safety team in which we had to collect data everyday and go over it in out weekly meetings.
Pros
the company rewarded employees for exceeding expectations
Cons
there were alot of long days that turned into nights
descent place to work
tie setter (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 6, 2013
some of the machines and equipment were very old and the computers on the machines were way out of date.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
bad enviorment