Boral Bricks

Boral Bricks Employee Reviews

Productive close knit group suffering through a deep recession in the building products business.
Regional Production Manager South West (Former Employee), Henderson, TXJuly 23, 2014
A typical day depended on which plant of the 20 I was visiting and their plants SOP. Generally a group meeting with all employees sharing the past 24 hours success / challenges and what we needed to be aware of especially related to non standard task and always Safety.

I learned that the people in the factory new what needed to be done and for the most part needed to be coached and encouraged. I was amazed at the ability of people.

For the most part I was management and learned to communicate and reassure employees that my job success and the company's success was directly impacted by a team approach

My co-workers were tools used to present the companies values of Safety and quality and needed to be the cheerleaders and communicators of our common goals.

The two hardest parts of the job was when I failed and someone had a Safety "near miss" or had to be separated from the business.

The most joy for me was when the team comes together and the sense of accomplishment when the group is pulling together and solving problems and taking responsibility for each other, focusing on safety, quality and low cost production.
Once was a Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 8, 2014
Pros: once was the people
Cons: hours, heat, production is #1, nothing else, business dying
This company is an Australian company, whose primary goal is profits. Over the years the US has lost them millions of dollars. Now everyone is working 50-60+ hours, less benefits and workers are subject to heat extremes (ok they give you water to drink) They say safety is #1 but it is not, if any one does something unsafe they are fired. Other brick manufactures in the US have taken over the share of the market that Boral once owned. The lack of using bricks in construction has lead to the decline of Boral.
learning experence
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: you had no one looking over your shoulder and yelling instruction
Cons: sometime the bad weather you had to work in
load and unload trucks, clean up areas you were assigned,in my 37yrs there i learned quite a lot from older co-workers.. managment is managment, you have the ones who are hard nosed and the ones everybody wonted to work for.. the guys i worked with were great guys to be around and work with. the hardest part of the job, was when you had nothing to do, i.e no trucks or boxcars to load or unload.. when you were busy and the day when by fast and easy..
descent place to work
tie setter (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 6, 2013
Pros: nice employees
Cons: bad enviorment
some of the machines and equipment were very old and the computers on the machines were way out of date.
A very productive workplace
Dehacker Operator/Safety Team (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: the company rewarded employees for exceeding expectations
Cons: there were alot of long days that turned into nights
Every day my department had a quota to meet before we went home. I learned how to operate different machinery, quality inspection, leadership, and most important of all teamwork. I was also a part of the safety team in which we had to collect data everyday and go over it in out weekly meetings.

About Boral Bricks

Boral USA is stacked and that's a fact: It is the nation's largest manufacturer of brick and clay tile for exterior commercial – Read more