Boral Employee Reviews

reveiw
CONTROLS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAApril 11, 2017
fantastic place to work!
a real team environment with solid company goals and fiscal responsibilities, management is supportive and ingauged.
all around a great experience.
Abundance of work to do
SENIOR REGIONAL ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 19, 2017
Boral offers the chance to learn a great deal about the business. There is always an abundance of work and chances to show your skills. The opportunity to advance is limited.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement
I enjoyed working there!
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Juliette, GA 31046March 7, 2017
It was one of the best jobs that i have and worked the longest for. The co worker i worked with won't that bad. The only problem that i have was the traffic and the ride getting there have me late a few times.
Decent Pay Great hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 4, 2017
great people to work with; great training and easy hours
hardest part of job was dealing with customers picking out their products for their home and making sure the builder gets the brick or stone as they need it
enjoyed working with the sales rep all of the team
Pros
Decent Pay and Great Hours
Cons
no room for advancement
productive company. a place to grow
Ps1 (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCFebruary 17, 2017
very productive company. have opportunities to grow. enjoyed the different jobs I was introduced to and things learned. good benefits
Work at your own pace
Brick Hacker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Boral brick is a very laidback but hardworking company. Work four or five days on and a day or two off. Rain or shine. Back breaking but decent pay and good hours.
Decent Job for most
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXJanuary 27, 2017
For the area, Boral Brick is probably one of the best paying jobs. However, management seems to overlook employees needs and aim focus too much on product and production. MONEY HUNGRY. There are some Cadillac jobs out there and there are some back aching and back breaking jobs. Teams are not responsible for safety and housekeeping and they do not take pride in keeping a neat and hazard free environment. There is a high lack of leadership in most departments who rather point fingers and never execute or take responsibility of their employees. Just my experience. 2 Star Employer
Pros
You dont have to worry about being fired
Cons
No teamwork or Personal Responsibility for Safety
large operation
Location Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 18, 2017
good company, good benefits, enjoyed working with most of the people, communication with upper management not the best, too large to accomplish some changes to make for a smoother running organization.
Is an allright place to work for the pay
PS II Color Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJanuary 8, 2017
A day at Boral,was loud most of the time, bright lights, and hot in summer seasons, and cold in winter seasons. I moved around consistently in many different position so i could be used in more than one place. I worked with different people, work conditions, and different atmosphere. I can fit in any where and around any co-workers, because I work well with others. My hardest part of the job is trying to accomplish a difficult task, but I enjoy having the pleasure of overcoming them all.
quick to learn
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CADecember 29, 2016
cool experience with co workers and management was always looking out for the well being of employees. I enjoyed working with everyone. the only difficult thing was that it was kind of exhausting
hands on job
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CADecember 19, 2016
typical day at work would be clocking in at 3am and begin a quick morning meeting. Then when the meeting was over we would go over and start stacking the daily roofing tile , there was a goal to meet every day. would stack and stack until the day was over. hardest part of the job was none stop stacking 25 pound tile daily. most enjoyable part of the job would the people I have met there. management was not the greatest but they did try to make the work environment a better place.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Pretty good job
Strap line (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALDecember 12, 2016
The hours were good and they didnt care how much overtime you got!!!!! I wish they would reopen plant four i loved that job you could smoke on the job and go on break when you got tired no set time lol!!!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Environment
Fun Place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 6, 2016
things could change on a regular basis. I learned accounts payable. management was easy to work with. Great group of people. Month end was the hardest part of the job. Small group of people that were great to work with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Working in a construction trailer
Productive place of employment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 5, 2016
A typical work day at boral is a long and very tiring day that takes a lot of dedication and hard work. I learned a huge amount of job skills that I feel would make me a great candidate for employment.
Productive place to work.
Kiln Operator (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALNovember 21, 2016
Boral brick is ok. You get 40 hours a week. No overtime was available when I work there. Management was not vety fair. They micromanage everything. Pay is ok.
Pros
Learn alot of skills
Cons
No overtime
Great place
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  NortheastOctober 31, 2016
A very good culture, established by a strong management team. A typical day varies based off events, where I am located in the northeast territory on a given day. The hardest park of the job, but the best part of the job, is traveling to different locations.
pretty good company overall
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COOctober 14, 2016
I have to say it is one of the hardest jobs i have ever had. its physically demanding and mentally demanding. It would be a great company if there training was better. for me it was really here is your machine fix it. i would not recomend working there.
Pros
pay was better than some
Cons
work life, how much insurance was, very demanding, management
overall
Packer (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 26, 2016
The main thing is you go in and do your job and that is all. The job is fast pace and and stay busy on your toes. The production base makes your shift go by quickly and the schedule line up was okay.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Boral was a fine place to work and allowed me the opportunity to learn a new industry. With a lot of travel and touring of different areas.
Unsafe working conditions
Screeder (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJune 30, 2016
Company has no value regarding employees that work there. Not a fun place to work. Labor camp which only look at their employees as a number.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boral. Our community is ready to answer.