Borden Dairy Company

Borden Dairy Company United States Employee Reviews

Horrible management in AR
FINANCE (Former Employee), DallasFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: location is convenient
Cons: management in ar is horrible.
I would not recommend this company ever. The management is a joke. Very disrespectful and jealous. Doesn't like when others have ideals that are better than their own. The moral of the team is based on the manager condescending attitude. I hated this company.
Joke of a Company..
Route Driver (Former Employee), New jerseyNovember 2, 2014
Pros: if you like unemployment..go for it
Cons: corporate idiots that don`t have a clue how to run a dairy business
Management ? What management

Never saw such a complete bunch of Idiots in 30 years

No direction to take the company in..

Only solution is to close plant after plant to justify there bloated salaries.

Many hard working people put on the street
I want to quit working here but don't have the time to apply any where else
Route driver ( current ) (Current Employee), Mercedes TxJune 27, 2014
Pros: free milk
Cons: no help from management !!!
Poor management , low wages , long hours ( go in at 12 am thur 12 noon ) no one help you. Truck are old ( no ac on truck ) they are always breaking down. You always over weight on trucks. And you do close to 20 to 30 stop a day.
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland ohioFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: liked the work
Cons: management hires their friends and favorizes, no policies but still can get written up with no warnings
The office I worked out of was very back and forth with all their policies and the communication was unreal. Management is terrible.
Traditional Values
Manager, Corporate Recruiting (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Leadership is working very hard to reposition the company into a leading consumer products organization.
Mgr. David Barnes (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2013
Very laid back, stress free work environment. The hardest part of the job is the early hours. I love being able to work independently.
One man position, responsible for all Hardware
Mobile Hardware Administrator (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FloridaSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: free ice cream products.
Cons: job was fairy routine
In general Borden Dairy was a good place to work. My position was Mobile Hardware which included Intermec Handheld and Printers. I was left on my own to complete the daily task of the position. My immediate supervisor worked out of North Carolina, and my co-worker out of Dallas, Texas. The company was purchase by LaLa Foods of Mexico, that resulted in my position being outsourced to Stratix Corporation in La Cross, Georgia.
Employees are nice, but corporate is a little slow.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), AlabamaAugust 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay and company car
Cons: communication
Overall, it's a good company to work for. If they lose the Walmart account in 3 years, I am certain there will be a ton of layoffs.
Good place to work, nice people
Route Sales/ Driver (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: good health care, nice benefits
Cons: hardley any time to grab anything to eat, often went all day with no food, early morning hours, sometimes close to 30 stops a day
Good place to work, just did not coordinate with what I wanted to accomplish in my life
Borden's was one of the friendliest and up beat places that I have ever worked. The plant was very clean and had very high scores from the health dep
Accounting Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: we received advertisement things. (like caps, shirts, keychains ect)
Cons: there were meetings all the time.
A typical day at work was very busy. It was fast paced and the day went by quickly.

Borden's sent me to classes to learn Micosoft programs and also sent me to Fre Pryers classes.

The management came through in the hardest of times. During the huricanes they brought gas in for our vehicles and fed us breakfast lunch and dinner. Also gave emergency supplies for our families. i thought that was special.

The co-workers were a good team. We all workded together. It was tight knit and we communicated very well.

The hardest part of the job was getting the trailors picked up before they got hot.

Elsie of coarse was a big part of our company. The Rodeo was a big deal around there. It was so much fun going down there and seeing her and the children interact. The concerts were also good.
Great company with lots of potential
Systems Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas,TXDecember 26, 2012
Pros: all the borden and lala branded products you can consume.
Cons: managment changes, lack of direction, poor planning.
Borden is a good diverse company with lots of potential. They appear to still be in start-up mode trying to intergrate systems and also adapt to management changes.
Start-up company working to integrate many plants and IT systems
Director of Procurement (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2012
Pros: good compensation benifits and ceo leadership
Cons: lacking supply chain and hr leadership.
Company is struggling to establish a culture and implement their vision that will enable the growth expectations of their Chairman of the Board.
good pay, got along well with all of the coworkers
supervisor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 26, 2012
the long hours of driving ,the coworkers took care of there job then helped the others finished theres.