Borden Dairy Employee Reviews

Nothing good to say about it.
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2015
Struggling after Meyer Dairy was purchased by Borden Dairy. Family culture changed for the worse. Dysfunctional leadership not willing to help better the Factory.
BILLING ANALYST
Billing Analyst (Current Employee), DALLAS TEXASApril 9, 2015
Pros: ACCESSIBLE
Cons: NOT FLEXIBLE
PROCESS AND SEND OUT DAILY, WEEKLY, BI-WEEKLY AND MONTHLY BILLING FOR MULTIPLE BUSINESS UNITS. PRCESS CUSTOMER ADJUSTMENTS, DEDUCTIONS, AND CREDIT MEMOS.
Good place to work, good pay, decent benefits.
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee), London, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Good place to work if you're motivated, and willing to get physical with your job. Strenuous work, high demand shipping environment. Management tends to show favoritism with different shifts, but if you don't let that bother you, it can be an enjoyable environement.
great pay no time to self
Route Sales Driver, Independent Vendor (Current Employee), New OrleansOctober 22, 2014
dont wish to discuss this job. it has great pay and great benefits but management lacks communication. early morning 4:30am sometimes late days 2 to 3pm
Received Double Pay for Holidays worked.
Route Manager / Route Training and sales. (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 22, 2014
Pros: unlimited chocolate milk or sweet tea to drink on breaks. health insurance was good.
Cons: sometimes had to eat on the run, with the demanding time schedules.
Various work on different days. Sometimes coordinating Hot Shot deliveries to customers. Due to a production shortage, ordering error, or excess unpredicted business. Learned that cases of milk get really heavy at the end of the day. Hours were long and very physically demanding. Trained route drivers in different areas of the state. Sometimes spending an entire month with them, 100+ mi. from home.
This was a great place to work and I enjoyed this job very much !!
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), cowarts, alAugust 20, 2014
This was only a temporary job position for me due to the fact that this company was sold several years back and a portion of the accounting department was being shut-down here and relocated to home office. So this meant that several of my co-workers had been employed here for many years and were losing their jobs too. This was very sad but we all made the best of a bad situation. Everyone I met was very nice and friendly and I enjoyed the atmosphere very much.
Productive and busy workplace to work at.
Lead-Man (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJune 18, 2014
I learned alot and had the opportunity to met and work with some great people.
Productive and rewarding job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: company car and expenses
Cons: long early hours
Get to work early, check emails and get all data needed for the day. Go visit regular customers and potential customers. Take care of any problem areas for the day.
Wonderful people to work for
Account Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Wallington, NJMay 3, 2014
Work to the best of my ability to be kind to my vendors answer any questions they have and pay their invoices in a timely manner..my co workers were the best we were all like family.....the hardest part of the job was when the place closed......the most enjoyable were the Holidays............we had many good times
Productive and very busy.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2014
Nice enviroment with great co-workers. I learned to unerstand Life Insurance, Annuities, Mortgage Insurance and Final Expense Insurance.
Borden
Route Settlement Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2014
The company isn't too bad. A typical day ranged from laid back to very stressful due to management. As far as the culture of the company and benefits it's fine.
Just horrible!!
Route Sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 10, 2014
Cons: going under quickly
Walmart is in the process of buying out 11 Borden Dairy and if that happens, their won't be any jobs for milk delivery drivers. Money not worth the physical demands of the job.
Learned a good part of what I know today
Boiler and Refrigeration Operator (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: i learned so much there.
Cons: i had to leave for better pay. milk men were making more than i was
I worked in the plant and on every job in the dairy.
The last 4 years there I went into the Maintenance Department. later I went into the boiler and engine room. I had a few older guys take me under their wing and taught me a lot about this line of work. I was very fortunate
What I have learned
A/R DEDUCTIONS SPECIALIST (CONTRACTOR) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Being apart of implementing different tools for Adesso was a rewarding experience.
like my job,have learned alot
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good place to work, good benefits
Cons: sometimes no lunch, third shift no life, sleep and work
I have a wide range of experience and a fast learner.
work good with co workers and management.
willing to learn more if needed.
I have worked 12hour days when needed with no day off.
im a hard worker and love to see the weekend
up to date trucks
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2014
I enjoyed delivering milk to the schools in the mid-del area. All of the people I dealt with were honest hard workers.
Good work enviroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no set working hours schedule
No set working hours, could work morning shift, one day and overnight shift the next day.
poor working coneitions
diesel mechanic (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: no help on parts
could not get a trilor in the shop all the way would not order parts
Good company.
Transport Driver (Current Employee), Madisonville, KYOctober 26, 2013
Pros: good group of people to work with.
Cons: company is closing facility.
Good benefits, good pay, four day schedule was okay. I would not necessarily currently be seeking other employment except for plant being closed. I have sought and will continue to seek employment opportunities which provide room for personal growth and job stability. This employer has provided stable income for me and my family up to this point and we hate to see the facility close for the sake of all current employees.
Great Company
Field Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Wallington, NJOctober 20, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, achievable goals and objectives
Cons: lack of evident upward job growth
expansion with new contract with Walmart has increased our portfolio presents throughout the entire region. there has been some ups and downs but through hard work and follow through we have grown tremendously as a company. the employees work as a team to meet and exceed corporate goals and objectives. immediate management is easily contactable and very true with their wants and needs as well as follow through.