Borden Dairy Employee Reviews

Great company
Louisiana - Route Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2017
My day begins at 3 am every morning and I've not had a weekend to myself in the last 15 years.

I have had opportunity for advancement and management sans compensation for added responsibilities.
It is with a heavy heart that it is time to move on and seek greater challenges and opportunities elsewhere.
Worst Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 22, 2016
In November 2015 there was new executive leadership, hired for the Omaha division along with new HR. Since then the turn over has doubled. The environment changed to a political, good old boy club and micro managing culture.
it literally was like walking on egg shells every day. After a while, it starts to wear you down, no ones health is worth the stress full work environment.
Pros
employees
Cons
Human Resources
Very relaxed and comfortable atmosphjere
Financial Analyst / Accounts Payable / Payroll (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 24, 2016
The office I work in is very relaxed and a good environment. The only problem I have with the company is that I was promised advancement but about year after I started working there, the corporate office made the decision to downsize our office staff and move most of our office functions to Dallas Texas. I was one of the very few that was chosen to stay but it left no room for advancement within the company.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Raises and advancement is fairly non-existent
Stressful place to work wirth unrealistic goals.
Director Of Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2016
The Management teams set unrealistic revenue growth expectations, $150 million to $300 million in on year, and as a result the day to day stress level was high and goals were unachievable. The company ended up missing the 2016 goal and it resulted in a 20% reduction in force while management maintained their jobs.
Fun environment work place
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Borden was a great company to work for, i enjoyed working with great co-workers and very supportive company to grow with. They offered great benefits to their employees and always made sure the employees were happy.
Pros
great benifits
Flexible schedule
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London KYDecember 28, 2016
Borden Dairy has great benefits such as 401k, paid vacation, paid time off and a flexible schedule. The employee is provided a company car as well as a gas card.
Pros
independent work environment
Cons
Heavy lifting
productive and fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2016
productive and good workplace, good contact with other people and i have learned a lot in this job, good benefits, this job is a good job and the people there are a good people too.
Long hours with no appreciation for the work asked of employees.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Dis functional management. Long hours, very little home or family time. Fires people at own discretion. Company does not follow proper steps when it comes to corrective action.
Pros
Healthcare, benefits
Cons
Long hours, no family life
I worked with very pleasant people and had great respect from the employee's
Cooler Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, KY 40741January 3, 2017
I was supervisor of 72 different men and had great respect for me and I respected them. Very enjoyable people to work with and had the pay was compensatable for the job.
I made several new friends and enjoyed my job.
Pros
Flexable regarding appointments etc.
Cons
A couple of the other supervisors weren't comforgtable working along side of a woman
Borden offered several pinics and barbeques during the year. This always created a lot of fun and enjoyment for all the employees.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 19, 2016
The typical work day involved checking my distribution centers in Albany, Columbus, Macon and Valdosta, Ga. No two days were ever the same. There were always new opportunities and problems to solve. Management did a good job of providing you with the tools needed to get the job done. Co- workers were always willing to help The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was having to terminate employees.
Pros
Great support from central office
okay workplace
Truck Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, TXJuly 3, 2016
10-12 hours work day learned how to deal with general publc management is good,work well with coworkers hardest part is hours work
Pros
free safety stuff
Cons
heath care
Good
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2016
Fun plenty of work.We all got along.It was fast paced .Long hours.Learned to prioritize.Management was good.Hard part physical labor.Fun part travel.
an ok place to work
Raw Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2016
as a raw materials receiver you have to work out in the elements. on the weekend you are pretty much by yourself doing your job and the qc job also. there is a lot of going up and down stairs all day but as long as your not afraid of a little work then this is a good company to work for.
Productive and great place to work for
Back dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2016
Nestle is a great place to work for the people there are great and it is a great and exciting place to work for only thing is poor management I learned a lot from this company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short lunch breaks
Good job
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2016
Good company but stressful.
I worked in sells for four years.
Distribution for tween one years.
I ran routes, in bobtails and tractor trailers.
The terminal is poorly ran but could be better if the terminal.manager consider that we have familys.
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 18, 2016
Just not a good environment for a family man. Favoritism for certain drivers and time off is like pulling teeth. We have designate routes that we service Walmart and Sams in the Atlanta market.
Pros
Na
productive work place
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLApril 22, 2016
Manage warehouse activities and insure safety for daily activities. Product ordering and inventory control. Shipping and receiving duties.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
late trailers
Productive and lots of overtime
Cooler Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 13, 2015
My work day consists of documenting work completed and supervising employees to the standard and guidelines of the company. While working here, I have learned alot about prioritizing and time management. Also, my communication skills have increased. Most workers here have a great attitude, but the hardest part of my job is dealing with those with a negative attitude. I love coming in to work knowing that I am a big contribution to this company.
Pros
Great benefits and hours
Cons
In the middle of downtown with no security
Its alright
Route Sales Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 24, 2016
Good place of business
Pay and Insurance not good
Management needs a little work and they don't pay enough for the job they want you to do.
job was ok at bordon dairy
Truck driver and dock worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 30, 2016
drive a truck make delivery work the dock 10 to 12 hrs a day 6days a week wen there was no computers did all billing by hand written in voices for every delivery
Pros
8hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borden Dairy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9