Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa Employee Reviews in United States

Great Learning Experience
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 9, 2016
I am grateful to have worked with wonderful, dedicated people who were excellent mentors and motivators. I am able to multi-task like no other because of the multiple jobs I worked on the property. I know more about the innerworkings of a large hotel and casino, from plumbing to poker. It was rare that customers were unkind because of the overall high level of service, but sometimes it was difficult to deal with. However, I had a lot of fun and learned so much.
Pros
Great food, fun events, community involvement
Cons
management issues
fun workplace with friendly associates
Crowd Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 2, 2016
Typical work day includes watching over party goers, making sure they have a fun and memorable experience with our casino, while also making sure they stay safe. Some nights might require you to intervene in a fight and control the situation in a manner that is professional and safe for all involved. Other nights might just require you to be sociable with the patrons inside the casino, which can be rewarding in itself for the fact that you can meet a lot of interesting people you might not normally meet.
Exciting Casino to work for
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 8, 2016
This is the number 1 casino in Atlantic City New Jersey. I was always proud of my place of employment. The world wide company that owns this resort knows how to compensate their associates and show gratitude for a job well performed. If my family did not relocate to Kentucky I would have stayed there.
Pros
Free lunches, plently of comfortable break space, clean and updated regularly
Cons
free lunch, there is a lot of food available and no gym to work it off.
always productive and fun place work
LINE COOK / BORGATA CASINO RESORT (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 30, 2016
I"m prep and organized all food and kitchen ready to open every day, I learn new ways of doing things to improve efficiencies, customer service and job performance, friendly and positive with my co-worker and I treats others with dignity and mutual respect.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Borgata
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 24, 2016
Borgata is a well managed Casino Health Spa that promotes safe healthy lifestyle,with room for advancement.Worker were friendly professional Borgata. Casino has maintained profits by reinvesting back into property.Employees have on site college credit casino related courses training for free.
Pros
Advancement Training Programs, Credit Approved Training, Health/Nutrition coach
Final Evaluation
Retail Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 6, 2016
Over the course of me working for The Borgata casino, I've learned that networking is very vital within this industry or any other company that may come my way. Building small work relationships with co-workers or people in general within different departments by using simple but consistent greetings such as Good Morning, How Are You or Have a Nice Day can really go a long way. I say this because you'll never know how someone's day started off or was currently going at the time. Doing so can really change people's negative perception about working a stressful 9 to 5 job and to also keep people within a company on a good note. Ultimately, we can all maintain our focus on providing excellent customer service, and to do our jobs successfully one by one as a team to achieve great results.
Pros
Great health/dental benefit, 401k Retirement Plan
great place
F&B Dept (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 21, 2016
one of the best places to work
great team work
fantastic invironment
hightly recommended for work experience
any department is enjoyable to work at
meet enormous amount of people every day
great customer service
Strong advancement opportunities
Customer Care Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 24, 2016
Great company that relies heavily on culture and experience. I have worked in several different departments in hospitality and all have been great.
good workplace
security officer (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 15, 2016
we working as a team all co-workers very help full.
customer care is main goal in borgata. you learn everyday new thing in borgata casino and spa.
Pros
free lunch and parking and ect
Cons
two 30 min break
awesome place to work
Dual-Rate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 24, 2016
always action , good players , high paced , fun to work there , good employees , good management for the most part. good benefits , great food for employees
Pros
great money, fun place to work
Cons
a little clickish with managers
good place
Valet Runner (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 22, 2016
very good place to work. its a guest oriented place therefore its busy during the summer but teamwork is required. good energy, recomended.
Exciting place to work
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 22, 2016
This is the most beautiful place I have every been to. The job was fairly easy and very fun. Some of the Borgata customers could be challenging to please, but most were very excited to be in such a beautiful place and were ready for fun.
nice work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 21, 2016
i very much enjoy working at the Borgata everyone was so nice and also love what they do at this Casino i felt safe there while i was doing my job
Hard work not for everyone
Count Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 8, 2015
I believe this job is only capable for certain ages and physical abilities. The job requires that you work well with other. You must be able to work together with a team for at least eight to ten hours in a confined space. Management should evaluate the team performance on a weekly basis but it is not done. The hardest part of the job would be the physical stature that is involved to complete the entire process. The enjoyable part of the job is being able to socialize freely while you work.
Pros
free lunches, leave when finished
Cons
confined to a room with no windows for eight to ten hours a day
Great Casino to work for
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 11, 2016
To work in the casino industry, Borgata is the best one to work for. Great training available to keep growing. While the idea of Borgata is Vegas it still holds it original Boyd roots.
great company
Spa Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 31, 2016
great company to work for i started with claires as a sale associates and in 1 year i became the assistant store manager great benefits awesome accessories!
High volume, electric atmosphere, productive environment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 15, 2015
Each day started off with a pre-shift with our manager on duty. He explained our forecast for the day and how many check in's we'd be expecting plus the daily rates. Depending on the day we will check in 100 plus guests. My job duties were to make sure all guests checked out at their appropriate times. Greeting each guest like they are my first. Checked them in, handled reservation making at hotels, ticket sales for shows and comedy events. Set up romantic packages for couples. Responsible of fixing any type of issue with a customer.
Pros
Complimentary meal
Very fast-paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 9, 2015
Being able to promote different products and knowing about different events was really awesome. Co-workers were great an so were the staff members. Upselling products was very intense an the most difficult part about the job. Being able to explain information to people was very enjoyable.
Fun work place
General cashier & hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 5, 2015
Working at the Borgata Casino was great. I worked there until I had to leave due to be having children and my son was ill. This job is only hard only if you have a family or your trying to build a family. I loved working with everyone. I had no issues with management.
Pros
free food, great pay
Cons
short breaks
Room for growth and improvement
Cashier/Server, Dining Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 23, 2015
Gives you the opportunity to grow and learn new skills. Strives for good customer service. Co-workers are very loyal. Lots of people and fun entertainment.
Pros
Nice staff, good employee lounge
Cons
Terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa Reviews by Location