Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa Employer Reviews

Busy workplace with great coworkers by your side.
Costumed Beverage Server (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 13, 2014
Pros: my co workers
Cons: work in cigarette smoke
Borgata is a great place to work. The bar I work in is a 24 hour bar and the shifts are 8 hours long with a half hour break whenever needed. As soon as you come in you go straight to work in your section. You are constantly moving and assisting customers as much as you can, whether its beverage service to giving directions to answering customers questions about what is open and available in the casino. For example, restaurants, shops, where they can get cigarettes from etc. Our managers check in on us if we need anything, but if they are busy doing other things they are just a phone call away. My co workers are definitely the best part about my job considering the atmosphere we work in. They make it fun and when we are stressed out we make each other laugh. I learned how to be organized and to multitask. As I check on half my section I put in orders and as those drinks are being made I check on the other half of my section and do the same all while cleaning up the tables and getting rid of as much empty glassware as I can. This job makes me financially stable and gives me great benefits as well.
Borgata Casino
PIT CLERK (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no protection against any customer abuse
The job entailed working on the computer in the gaming department - where I opened and closed tables, put in fills and credits, and issued markers. Low security in any job and double-standards applied to any job..
Positive and prouctive work place
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch at buffet
Process guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments Handle & coordinate room assignments and pre-arrivals.
Handle guests' concerns. Offer referral for services and handle requests for information. Assist other departments as required
fun
Ambassador (Former Employee), AC NJOctober 28, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: heathcare
had fun made lot of money long days long nights
lots of running back & forth
Fun and exciting environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch, tips
Cons: very strict rules against employees
Typical day was always fun, exciting and challenging. I loved working with my co workers and management was professional and fair. The hardest part was breaking up fights and dealing with intoxicated belligerent people, the best part was helping customers.
Its ok
Sales/ Sales Rep (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJAugust 7, 2014
The company is a great company to work for. The management for the department that I worked for had to many problems.
Fun work place
Busser/ Euro (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJuly 30, 2014
Cons: 1 hour brake
It was a great job working with great co-workers. It was a pretty fun job 1 hour brake and a lot of energy there but i could say management needed a lot of work.
Fast pace, very strict company policies
Customer Care Representative / Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch, some positions gratuity based, and great facilty
Cons: tough hours, tough and many customers, too many managers
They have a competitive pay based on location and other companies. The hospitality department is very strict when it comes to policies of employee actions both personal and professional actions. Advancement and transfers between departments were very difficult for me. I have a bachelor's degree in math with 4 years experience in hotel audit and could not even get an interview in the finance office in 3 different positions because the requirements were finance or accounting degrees. Most requirements are flexible with experience but not with this company.
An average day you will deal with 100's if not 1000's of customers. It is very loud when working on the casino floor. You must love to talk with customers sometimes arguing for what they want while maintaing calm and courtesy while satisfying customer. Management is very diverse dealing on a daily basis. Most departments require uniforms that are provided to you but are kept and laundered at the location. Flexibility to come in a few minutes early and leave late for given shift is a must. Coworkers are very diverse with most doing there absolute minimum to get thru the day. A few coworkers do more than required and do get rewarded, but the rewards given are not worth the effort in my opinion. The most enjoyable part of day was always lunch hour. Cafeteria is free lunches and dinners and was very high quality food and desserts.
Fast pace environment with great opportunity to grow.
Box Office Intern (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMay 10, 2014
Pros: one-on-one meetings and reviews with the management team.
As the Box Office Intern I assisted in managing the box office and usher staff and created staff schedules. My job duties also included assisting the coordination and set up for showroom events. I built events for internal and guest usage and created ticketing maps with New Era and Matrix P.O.S systems, distributed tickets to local radio stations, titanium guests and internal employees. Dealing with an usher staff further improved my interpersonal skills and how to be a team leader. I was able to absorb countless management skills from my employers and put them to use by the end of my internship. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the high clientele at the Borgata. Each customer had their own specific wants and needs and learning to adjust to all of them was challenging in the beginning. The most enjoyable part of this internship was forming great relationships with my management team, usher staff, and returning guests.
productive fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
I like the job that I was doing because I dont see myself doing that for the rest of my life. But dont get me wrong it was a productive fun workplace, nice place, and good coworkers.
Horrible Place to work
Crowd Control Specialist (Former Employee), Atlantic CityApril 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: horrible management, juvenile atmosphere, snobs who think theyre working on wallstreet
I was a crowd control specialist. Borgata varies much by department. The nightlife is a horrible place to work at. The management is juvenile and they treat you like a kid. Do not believe these reviews. Borgata will fire you without hesitation if you ask for more hours. They want to pay you what they want, you will not ever move up because Atlantic City is dying and the management will do anything to keep their spots because they are uneducated and the town is so small. Believe me this is an unprofessional place to work, ton of people eating in a cafeteria, its like high school all over again with people who want to work in a casino.
Very well established
Workforce Planning Manager, Customer Care (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 31, 2014
Pros: well established, very organized, very well managed
Cons: pay, hours, overworked
Great Management group but a little over worked and under paid. In a competitive but dying industry.
Educational and productive work
Lead Spa Attendant (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: sometimes no breaks because of busy shift
A challenging experience every day in working and solving customer complaints and supporting the quality of customer service. A diverse community in the behavior of employees and cleint satisfaction quota Learned a great deal in problem solving techniques and providing feedback to customer to assist in finding positive results and soutions.
Fun and exciting place to work
Prep-Cook (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 17, 2014
They treat you very well here. Free lunch, great health insurance, Christmas gift cards.
fun work
poker dealer (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 6, 2014
best job ever just not enough days, very friendly management same as co-workers. Nothing really hard at this job maybe some drunks customers once in a wild but thats it. .. .. .. ..
Friendly Atmosphere
Wardrobe Attendant (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 12, 2014
A typical day at work would be assisting team member with uniform needs such as ironing, providing clean uniform, hanging uniform returned from cleaners, and sorting soiled laundry. I learned how to work in a team. Management was very helpful and informative.The hardest part of the job would be when the conveyor would not function and having to remove garment bags manually. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that team members had the necessary uniforms to make a difference in the customers day.
Dont believe the reviews here
Cashier (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: compensation
Worse place to work in AC. I was terrified by the amount of good reviews here. These reviews are definitely misleading because things can vary by department. Borgata definitely beats other casinos in AC by business volume, but it does not necessarily mean better tips or job security. They will fire you without hesitation. Their compensation is the worse in town. They make money here, but barely give raises to employees stating economic conditions. My recommendation is to not read the reviews here and think its a wonderful world like i did.
Sales Specialist
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free parking, working with celebrities and interesting personalities and all walks of life
Cons: department was very small- no way to move up!, low pay for to much responsibilities
Recommend and engage improvements to maximize revenue, raise profits and heighten internal service levels.
-Oversee inventory control, store merchandising, theft protection, and negotiating and securing management contracts.
-Negotiated price points to better suit business needs
-Researched top products
-Recruit, train and counsel new hires on department policies and procedures, goal achievement, and professional development.
-Supervised five personnel.
-Evaluate and prepare operating reports and discount/damage logs to effect continued improvements in product purchasing, merchandising, and financial integrity.
-Resolve customer inquiries and concerns promptly and to their satisfaction.
-In manager’s absence, ensures efficient operation of stores while maintaining accuracy, extending superior customer service, and exceeding customer expectations.
-Perceives the impact and implications of decisions
-Providing functional staff advisory services
-Independently plans and carries out workload

- Free parking
- free lunches
- easy work
-Easy people to manage and work with
- interacted with everyday people to celebrities
-Hardest part of the job : being short in staff and working countless hours, business being excruciatingly slow , no profit

what I learned-There is no way to move up in the Casino Industry , you are just a number and they use you until they are done!
Fun place to work at. Young staffs with knowledgeable and friendly managers/ supervisors
Front Desk Agent Intern (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 1, 2013
Pros: free meals, entertainments, and hollywood hotpot for movie shoots
Busy, yet fun place to work at. Management staffs are wonderful group of individuals to work under. Very friend staffs and you meet at times pleasant people.
great place to work and always productive and creative
Parking Cashier (Former Employee), 1 Borgata Way, NJ 08401November 13, 2013
nice and friendly environment and a great understanding between all the coworkers and a great place to be and if continues guranteed a better future.

1 2 3