BorgWarner Employee Reviews in United States

poor management poor planning
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 23, 2016
management is terrible, double triple even quadrouple handling material because of stupid decisions made by upper management. they expect the impossible to be done with limited resources, space, and people. the list of job duties grow but pay remains the same. i dont see the place running much longer unless new management comes in that has common sense and can fix the mess.
Pros
bonus, good benefits
Cons
very poor management
Horrible
Wash Line/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 20, 2016
Horrible management. They seem to only hire the worst people.They work you non-stop and treat you like dirt.I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Everything else
great work environment and job until politics come into play...
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 18, 2016
I love this job and I'm sure the company is great but the structure leaves much to be desired as acquiring a job is not based on job performance. It is solely based on who you know. Not a company i can see myself being a part of
Pros
Great Job people
Cons
Terrible Ethics and integrity
Good Work Environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 29, 2016
Fun place to work at. Strong interaction with many cultures. Learned to utilize extensive customer service. Co-workers were good to work with. Hardest part of the job was losing contracts due to employees failure to complete job assignments.
Pros
Challenging Opportunities
Cons
Low Salary
Best job I had so far.
Process Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILJune 8, 2016
Loved working at BorgWarner I miss old coworkers and some facilitators. Most of the people there was friendly and when enjoyed the time there making the best out of our job. The company events was always a blast including see some of the HR personnel have a good time for a change.
Run Away!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILMay 31, 2016
This is the worst High School you will ever attend. They let the people run that place. They talk about one another all day long. The Supervisors there don't even know how the machines run but expect you to make the numbers.
Pros
Cons
Bad Supervisors
Very hot potentially dangerous place to work
Heat Treat Operator (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 17, 2016
A typical day at borg warner was working in a sweat box. I learned a lot about safety working there as this could be a very dangerous place to work if your not careful. You were only a number to the management but everything went well as long as you did your job. My co-workers were all men. The hardest part of the job was being able to put up with the heat. The most enjoyable was payday.
Pros
They would work with you when time was needed
Cons
Too hot
bad place to work
assemler (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILMay 10, 2016
they do not care about the employees or about safety
all management cares about is getting the product out the door and their raises.
Pros
good benifents
Cons
dirty and unsafe
liked this place
assembly (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NC 28732May 3, 2016
I enjoyed working here.The people were helpful and management listened.I was able to work as much OT as i wanted. I learned alot about the automotive business.
Great Company with vision
PC&L Integration Leader (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, INApril 14, 2016
A company that operates from its vision for the future and is very aligned around the operating philosophy. Solid company with a solid future.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILApril 14, 2016
a typical day @ work was always a adventure.
I've learned nothing in life is Guaranteed.
management more worried about quaintly over quality.
like most very good people my co-workers.
the hardest part of my job was absolutely nothing.
the most enjoyable part of the job was when the company cared for their employees .
Pros
great pay benefits
Cons
overworked & unappreciated
The BEST place to learn and grow!
Intern, Innovation and New Concepts (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 10, 2016
Within the Innovation and New Concepts group at BorgWarner Turbo Systems, engineering positions often defy concise description. Over several projects I have made contributions to every phase of prototype development, having created both tangible and electronic tools to facilitate the eventual launch of production.

My experience within the group has focused on data analysis, vendor negotiation, logistics, design and tooling, modeling and simulation, manufacturing quality, knowledge transfer, and internal/external marketing. In short, if there is a definable gamut in engineering, I have provided assistance across its entirety.

My supportive colleages are like family and have my greatest respect and gratitude.
Pros
incredibly supportive team
Very Productive
Senior Verification Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 5, 2016
Very good company with very interesting applications.

Have nice compensation for employees.

They take care of the employee career path.
very cleaned organized and productive
Receiving clerk & mco (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSMarch 28, 2016
A typical work day - I would come in and go to work - we loaded, unloaded, and put up freight all day - very enjoyable place to work
Okay Workplace
Line Assembly (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSMarch 9, 2016
The work was real easy it was a okay job. I learned how to build transmission parts for cars. The Management was horrible everybody showed favorites in co-workers. It wasn't nothing hard about the job just working 7 days a week with 2 boys that go to school an seeing them once a day. The thing i like about it most i was making money providing or my family.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCFebruary 17, 2016
fast paced environment
great opportunities to learn news skills
work environment is great and people are easy to get along
nice place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 10, 2016
good work hours and has overtime if you wanted it.safe work enviroment advancement can be done but job bids only avalible for 72 hours.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
union dues are a killer
Good people to work with
Heat Treater, Green Tumble Operator (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Helpful people to work with. Training is very easy to understand. Employees willing to help each other. Always doing something different every day.
productive fun enviroment
Commercial Vehicle Assembly/ Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCJanuary 18, 2016
very cool job. building turbochargers for a living always amazed me.management didn't notice improvement that well. feel like they should pay better attention to their hourly
Global Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 5, 2016
Good place to work. I would recommend that anyone with automotive experience consider working there. Well organized clear career direction.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BorgWarner. Our community is ready to answer.