BoRics Employee Reviews in United States

Borics' is a great place
Cosmotoligist (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAApril 14, 2016
Was a upbeat kind of place. Customers and other stylist got along great together. I loved transforming people with new color and cuts. Easy place to work for. Great time working there.
One of my favorite jobs
Manager/ Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INNovember 4, 2015
The work was all about the clients. I learned that I loved working with people. Management wasn't around a lot. My co-workers were a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job was picking up others slack. The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
Lots of time on my feet.
Enjoyed being informed of new styles and techniques.
hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 29, 2015
Supportive management with possibilty for personal growth and developing new skills. enjoyed using a variety of hair care products alongside my colleagues and learning new styles from them.
Pros
discounts
Cons
over priced
not the best place to make money as a manager
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  westland MichiganApril 14, 2015
Great place to get hair serices done but a bad place to try to make a living. meeting their productivity standards is very hard and the amount of commission is a joke. Every salon is short handed. and under paid.
Pros
great place to get hair services
Cons
Very hard or near impossible to make an income worth staying
tramatized
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Wharton sq. southside pa.March 13, 2015
I worked for borics twice. The first time I was just starting out, and I loved where I worked becides for the fact I was making penny's on the dollar. I LOVED all my co-workers, we were all extreamly different from one another, which was a really good thing. We concider ourselfs as the "island of misfit toys". It was a extreamly relaxed place to work. I stayed for two years, then dicided to try my luck else where.

The second time I worked for them was EXTREMELY UNPLEASANT. The management was just so backwards. My manager seemed professional to clients faces, but once she got to the back room that was all over. See starting out working there my mother was very sick with cancer, and while working there she passed away. I wasn't always in the best emotional state of mind, but never the less I showed up did my job with a smile on my face. But somehow that was never enough. She follwed us girls around critiquing every single little thing. And if we didn't do exactly what she said, she'd start talking about us to customers, other employees, mumble curse words under her breath, slamming things, pretty much throwing a tantrum. Instead of being adult about it, she turned the entire salons feeling hostile. She was a 40 some year old woman that made the smallest error the biggest thing. I couldn't bare to be disrespected much longer and had no choice but to quit. What really set me over the edge was that I am a bus taker and in order for me to get there I had to get on two busses, sometimes I worked till 8 which didn't really leave me much time to make it to my second bus in order to
  more... get home because the buses stop running around certain times. But on a normal night I'd have just enough time, but she had discovered that all of the products were labeled with the wrong prices that same day and me and one other girl were working from the moment we got there in between clients to get the prices finished for her, and the entire day almost she was in the back room not doing any of the prices with us. Well when 8 o'clock came there was still maybe a sheet or a sheet and a half left to do, and before she said that she counted the register and she was throwing one of her tantrums that she threw quite often like I said before and miss counted it, she of course accused me and my coworker of taking it and she said we'd have to put in the difference out of our tips, I was like oh no no no. I went over and as figured she was wrong the register was perfect. Then after that she said we couldn't leave till the labels were done,which would mean I would miss my ride home and be stranded 2 bus trips away from home. I said no flat out I had had it with her episodes and tanturms, my coworker had a 1 year old baby to get home to on top of that. So I told her all about herself in that cause I just couldn't restrain from doing so any longer. She should of been working with us putting them labels on, and for her being the manager she sure didnt show any care to how I would be getting home that night, or the one year old baby my coworker needed to get home too. I couldn't help but to snap especially cause my emotional state on mind. I'm normally a relaxed person and easy to get along with but she sure did bring out the worst of me in that instants. I wasn't fired for telling her off, actually she didn't even write me up or mention it to the district leader. She knew she was wrong and she would've gotten in more trouble then me. I shortly walked out on the job after that, and didn't even go back to retrieve my license and scissors. She made me second guess my whole perfession. I was traumatized. But not to worry I am back up on the horse with a new pair of scissors. She can't keep me down. My salon home is out there somewhere  less
Pros
cool coworkers
Cons
pay, management
Okay place to work
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIJanuary 27, 2015
I loved my store and loved the people I worked with. I wasn't able to make much money and I felt like I was easily replaced.
If you enjoy what you are doing you will enjoy your job : )
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIDecember 29, 2014
Salon Manager Duties my responsibilities were done on a weekly base include scheduling, productivity, closeout book, product orders, cycle counts and WIG huddles. As a hair stylist I give a great haircuts and shampoos to every client. While working with clients you should be able to ask if they need their hair color refreshed or perhaps a waxing service. I like to recommend hair products to clients that would be ideal for their hair type and introduce them to promotional products as well. Here are some of my daily responsibilities were review my goals, logging in clients properly and keeping a clean work station and salon. My monthly responsibilities were to clean product shelves, attend store meeting along with learning salon coupon codes.
I loved working here
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 31, 2014
When I first started with this company I loved it. They taught me everything I needed to become a great hairstylist.
Pros
working with some great women
Cons
bad pay
Terrible Work Enviornment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 29, 2014
My short lived experience was awful. I told them during the interview that I hadn't worked in over a year because I was raising my daughter and they still agreed to hire me. A few day after employment they let me know they were concerned about my lack of skill and told me I would be working with the manager for a couple of weeks and then go from there which did not help my confidence. The girls were very snobbish and mean. One girl slammed a door in my face and one day the district manager came by and ordered lunch for everybody but me. The whole time they were going on about how delicious the food was as if to rub it in my face. The next day I got yelled at by a client and as if I wasn't already upset by that enough they wrote me up and told me if I didn't start improving within 30 days there going to fire me. They suggested things for improvement. They even told me if I wanted to bring in models it would be free. That told me this coming week not to take clients but to just observe. That coming Friday I got wrote up again for not taking clients; doing what they told me to do! They told me if I didn't bring in 2 female, 2 male and 2 child models by Monday they were going to fire me so I quit. It's obvious the didn't want to take the time for me to refresh my skills, but isn't BoRics a place where beginners start out to better their skills in the first place???
Cons
dirty break room/office, chair on my station broke
My experience
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Jeannette, PAJuly 27, 2014
The salon I work at has a great team. Everyone gets along with no problems. Our manager is an excellent and supportive manager. The area we are located in is still being built up, so not much traffic flow.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low salary.
Fun Enviroment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 12, 2014
Challenging and intriguing. You're not bored often. Always busy. Retail and customer service is your main focus.
poorly run
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Harrison City, PAApril 29, 2014
the hours are horrible the staff is nice but the manager is whiney and can punish you for the silliest thing... sliced my finger wide open and needed stitches she punished me for having to leave work (not busy at all)
Slow Salon with Unstable Manager
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 21, 2014
At my location we would tend to sit there. We did a lot of cleaning because we were slow. I would do maybe 3 clients if i was lucky, so I would mostly sit and read. At nights we always had 2 employees there, so even though we were slow, we still had to take turns taking walk in clients.

The manager at my location was the kind that liked to play favorites. She also would talk behind employees backs to other employees and it made for a hard work atmosphere where I dreaded going into work everyday.

I know other managers at different locations that were not like this, and tried numerous times to transfer, but my manager would not approve it even though she knew I was not happy there and lived too far away for 7.40 an hour with maybe 6 dollars in tips for the day to live off of.
Pros
hourly pay
Cons
no raises ever, slow, cookie cutter haircuts
A typical day at Borics... it had its busy moments and of course its slow hours. I enjoy keeping myself busy at work.
Hairstlist (Former Employee) –  Holland,MIJuly 31, 2013
The hardest part of my time at Borics had to be, finishing my services in good timing. That is one of the reasons why I want to train and learn a much as I can with others that are great and willing to pass down some tips and education.
Pros
i gained some experience
Cons
faking it till i make it
BoRics
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Harrison, OHJuly 26, 2013
Working at BoRics I dealt with different people all day and interacted with all kinds of people. I've learned patience with people, responsibilities at the company as in dealing with money and opening and closing the shop. Management was lenient, not very strict. Everyone who worked there was able to get along. The hardest part of the job had to be learning how to deal with difficult clients and keep a positive attitude. I enjoyed meeting new people all the time.
was checking on all stores , total,bank deposit on a daily basis ect .
Supervisor of 13 stores (Former Employee) –  chicago ill 60638July 17, 2013
i would say the hardest part was not to bring my job home. my co workers where a great bunch to work with if they are trained wright the rest wii fall into place,
Pros
working with terrific people
Cons
new mangment
I hated working there
Hair Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMay 3, 2013
I came in to work set up my station started working on clients, answered phones, while working on clients, cashed clients out, cleaned up my station and the salon. I learned how to do payroll and schedule people for work. Management ended up being me, as asst. manager another woman they hired and the district manger and I was not pleased with them at all. The hardest part of my job was that when I started the job there was a full staff and then I came in one day and there wasn't. I was asked to be asst. manager and worked alone and I had a personal obligation that was most important that the District management made a joke of. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
management
vivacious atmosphere and friendly work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 25, 2012
i worked as a receptionist at this borics. i learned a lot about different techniques to do hair. coworkers were amazing and had a bond with each one of them. it seemed as if the manager was more concerned with being friends before being a manager. she and i didnt see eye to eye on her ways of handling conflict in a professional manner so that caused my leaving.
Enjoyeable, Friendley
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, stadium BlvOctober 1, 2011
Enjoyed working there. I liked my co-workers very much.
Pros
friendley, willing to help you, productive, business likegood
Cons
divieding up jobs not good, thats all, thats all i can say neg, thats it