Borough of Manhattan Community College

Borough of Manhattan Community College Employer Reviews

HRA liasion office support
Office Support (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
working with the public was challenging at times, as well as, working with management was also challenging at times
Great but only in the short term
College Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2014
Pros: lunch hour, flexibility, work environment, job security, fringe benefits
Cons: management, advancement, compensation, many unqualified workers.
CUNY and BMCC specifically will provide with a good preview of what a professional environment is supposed to look like. However, management for individual offices is horrible and advancement is strongly related to what degrees you have, regardless of skills. It may be frustrating to deal with screaming students at times but you will definitely get – more... a good look at a very diverse customer (student) base. – less
Fun working place
Software Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 16, 2014
Learning C# web application
Not hard of this job
Fixable working hours
Part time weekend position
Instructor (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 11, 2014
I enjoy teaching on the weekends. I am looking for a full time Mo-Fri position.
Clerical worker (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2014
Pros: work-study
Cons: low pay
i like this job because it is getting me back in the work place. it is a very productive place to work and the people are great.
A place to learn, & move up the ladder
ACT Testing Site Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: they are able to keep you on the job even if your dept was being downsize
BMCC was a wonderful place to work at, even when my department had closed they did not release me from employment they put me in another department, where I was able to continue utilizing my skills.
It is a great environment to work in.
College Assistant - Office of Student Affairs (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Usually busy during the regular semester.
This job requires wide variety of duties and responsibilities. For example, I collected and entered confidential student data, generated and prepared reports, maintained and tabulated statistical data for several student databases.
I supervised work-study students and other staff on a rotating basis.
The hardest – more... part of my job is being absent since i work directly with the Vice President.
The most enjoyable part of this job is that i work with a diverse population of students. – less
Assisted Faculty and Students
Computer Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: customer services
Cons: standing all day
setup computer labs
assisted everyone: students, staff, faculty, co-workers
meeting everyone
Interesting experience
Admin Asst. & Employment Specialist Asst. (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: studying where i worked.
Cons: blackout periods
A day in college life varied from quiet to lots of issues to resolve. We provided students with information and overall assisted in anything from Financial Aid preparation, Academic Advisement and Employment Assistance.

It was a truly educational experience because, in addition to assisting students in various capacities, I also pursued and received – more... my Associates at the same time.

Management was good and my co-workers were easy going and we worked well together.

Hardest part of the job was what was called blackout periods, this was the time when open houses and semesters were starting everyone had to be at work no vacation or day off unless it was an emergency.

Most enjoyable was Summer time work schedule, it was only four days a week giving three day weekends – less
Friendly environment
Assistant Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Employees feel safe and secure in their positions, and the job life span for multiple employees is over 20 years. Proving a secure work environment.
Great Programs, Multi Cultural and Interesting
Program Manager Allied Health Unit (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: meet different people each day
Cons: work long hours
Work long hours, different cultures within students and staff.
Productive and fun working place.
Conference Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: have the opportunity to meet alot of important people, professors whom you can keep a good contanct with.
Cons: do not get alot of hours.
Loved my boss. She was so helpful. She helped me with school work when she had the chance and taught me how to professionally work with people and students. I learned more and more everyday as I watched her advised students day in and out in her office.
CUNY what a place for the short term
Civil Service CUNY Office Assistant- Purchasing (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 3, 2013
Pros: unionized, healthcare, civil service benefits, its a paid job
Cons: petty office politics, poor policies or lack of hard cioy policy - verbal policy manking, not common to get raises/higher pay at start off
If you are looking for something to cover five years or less then this is your company.
If you are looking for a fight every time you turn around this is the place for you.
if budget cuts, over worked employees and under paid/appreciated is how you like to be then CUNY is the company for you
Productive and fun
CUNY Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: learn alot
Cons: students
You get to meet all types of people and it was interesting going to work daily.
Community college teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2013
I worked part time at BMCC. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a community college environment. The hardest part of the job was working only on Fridays when many of the senior faculty were not on campus.I learned about the difficulties students have adjusting to a new school setting and watching them adapt to their new surroundings.
Manageable tutoring job
Diction & Speech Tutor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: working at school
Typical day included helping students with speeches and essays in conjunction with voice diction.
good
Internship (Former Employee), new yorkAugust 7, 2013
its was fun . i had a great time working at there
its – more... was fun . i had a great time working at there – less
fun place to work if you like customer services.
Data Entry (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 2, 2013
Pros: people that appreciate your work.
Cons: low pay, and limited health care.
its a fun place to work, i think the co-workers play a important roll in that, having people that care for you it help you to accomplish more work. its like any other job but you learn everyday how to do your job better and how to approach every problem with different solutions. and i think thats important not just for the job, but for anything in life.
A great learning experience.
Assistant to Athletic Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2013
Cons: large worker population
My time at BMCC was uplifting and rewarding. I was asked to take on various responsibilities that I never before received the chance to take part of.
Clerical Aide
Clerical Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2013
I enjoyed working with the people at this office. I learned so much from the professors who I had the pleasure of working with.

1 2 3