Bortz Technology Group is a consulting firm that specializes in helping a variety of small businesses choose, implement, and maintain Microsoft-based information technology primarily in the Southeast Michigan area. We are currently seeking professionals to join our small but growing technical services team. You will work both in our office and at our clients’ sites in the Southfield—Birmingham area (reliable transportation is required).
Responsibilities will include:
- Recommending, researching, and testing technologies prior to deployment
- Installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining server technologies
- Designing network/domain solutions
- Interacting one-on-one with end-users and providing basic over-the-shoulder support
Troubleshooting and research is a large part of this position. You must be comfortable working alone in a self-directed capacity, utilizing credible online resources and Microsoft and/or other vendors’ support to bring issues to resolution.
Please provide a cover letter as well as your resume. This is a full-time, salary position.
*A successful candidate must have the following:
- Industry certifications and/or degree in computer science, computer engineering, information science, management of information technology, or related field
- Previous professional IT experience, particularly in a solution-developing capacity
- Experience installing, managing, or maintaining a Microsoft domain network of any size
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2, AD, GPO, & PowerShell
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 365
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies. Our organization uses primarily Microsoft Hyper-V
- Would be a plus: Experience integrating Macs into an Enterprise environment, connection to AD, Extreme-Z, imaging, etc.
Bortz Technology Group is a consulting firm that specializes in helping a variety of small businesses choose, implement, and maintain...