BOS Solutions Employee Reviews

Over all great job
Solids Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Would love to work here again if they opened up near duncan, or I moved back to west Texas it's a decent sized company that takes care of its employees
its all about who you know
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PANovember 20, 2017
If you want to advance in a company and aren't in tight with management, then forget about it. On average raises come about every 2-3 years after begging and threatening to leave. Will fire you in a heartbeat to keep there pretty track record looking pretty.
Pros
N/a
Cons
horriable upper managment
Excellent culture and managemnet
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDOctober 20, 2017
A prime example of how an oilfield company can successfully operate. Management is honest and fair with employees at all times Deserving employees are recognized and rewarded accordingly. The compensation package is well above average for like companies in the oil and gas industry. If you conduct yourself in a manner that reflects honesty, dependability and a commitment to doing the right thing, opportunities will be availible.
Pros
Management style. Pay. Equipment.
Great Company, great pay, work hard and you can advance.
Field Technician III (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDOctober 20, 2017
Great place to work if you are willing to put in the time and hard work. Good company, benefits and management. If you ever have any problems you have a support team that has your back. Good work is noticed and makes room for advancement. If you want to be in the oilfield this is a good place to be. I have been lucky enough to travel with this company and see things I would have never been able to otherwise.
Pros
Company vehicle, benefits, management, company phone
Office position at Corporate
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  CorporateOctober 9, 2017
While I know that the Field Tech positions are tough due to the work hours and weather conditions, working for BOS Solutions in an office position is great. The leadership team is strong and committed to employees, not just shareholders. They believe in life/work balance even allowing some to work from home several days a week.
Pros
Leadership team
Cons
No annual increases or bonuses since the downturn a couple of years ago.
Good job if you dont mind being away from home
Solids Control Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 14, 2017
A good place to work with good benefits. I was always treated fairly by this company. The management was fair, but changed personnel often. Overall I was happy with this employer.
Great Pay - Industry Unstable
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
Due to the decline in the oil and gas industry, job security at this company leaves much to be desired. They have had several shifts in leadership, and still seem to be searching for the right fit. The pay and benefits are wonderful, but management can be very reactionary at times.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Unstable Industry, Unstable Management
terrible untrustworthy management
Field Service Tech / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
you get 4000-5000 a month and a new company truck to put up with constant badgering and zero support from your superiors. Poor training and terrible employees with no experience and aren't qualified. privacy issues. a ridiculous amount of paperwork (2 hours a day) which you have to do off the clock. if the money is worth it to you, go for it
Pros
nice truck, decent pay
Cons
everything else
Keep looking
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  North dakotaMarch 17, 2017
There's good and bad with every company. This one used to be like a family owned business but now everything is corporate top down management. Lots of paperwork and favoritism but you're a favorite if you drink with managrment or are related.
Pros
Co truck housing
Cons
Low pay for oilfield, contract work so expect layoffs
it is a good oil field job
Field Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2017
12 hour days on oil rig location very dirty job with 100% weather exposure if you are tough enough its a good job. the time away from home is difficult but it was a great job for me
Mgmt
Technician/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I was very disappointed after original manager was promoted. He transferred to corporate. After that happened, everything changed. Supervisors hiring family and friends and safety was no longer held as a top priority.
I was the original hire in the NE and feel how we built this company had lost its integrity.
Pros
Great Equipment
Cons
Management --Hiring and preference of friends and family..
fast paced oilfield
Shop Tech (Current Employee) –  graDecember 22, 2016
great company, would like to work here full time. worked here before in Colorado and North Dakota. great company, safety oriented and understanding and growing company.
BOS Solutions: Redefining favoritism
Field Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAJanuary 22, 2016
Good pay and they give you a company truck. However, the truck is their baby. They make-love to their trucks apparently. They kiss them goodnight before bed by GPS tracking them in real-time, tracking every little move you make, as if you were a terrorist. I understand their reason since they're paying the insurance on the vehicle, but it gets extreme/ridiculous sometimes. They have the trucks on a time-curfew and you have to call your daddy (the supervisor) if you are taking it out before/after the curfew. The truck is a nice perk, but they need to chill out. It's the fastest way to get fired. There are some co-workers who were irresponsible, so the answer to that isn't micro-managing and vexing all of your employees, the answer is that some people shouldn't have got hired in the first place, but that ultimately falls upon management to a certain extent, and of course, like anywhere, they'll never admit to that. When the company first started, you could get your buddies in. No background screening if you knew the right people, so is it a surprise that some people had an unsavory work ethic? --or a criminal record?

Pros: They train you to be the best at your job, IF you want it. (there were some lazy people cross shift of you that could make your life a nightmare. So if you were lucky, and had a good three man rotation, life was great at BOS. They also have arguably the best equipment (when it's serviced - remember what I said above about lazy people cross shift from you?...) I learned so much about solids control, as well as the overall drilling operation, that I was confident
  more... in my knowledge to become a consultant shortly after working for BOS, so for that much, I am grateful for my time with this company.

Cons: Nepotism, favoritism for promotions, regardless of knowledge or quality of performance, political back-stabbing at all levels. Some degree of immaturity scattered throughout.

Overall, the company was arguably the best job I ever had, when it first started. I sincerely LOVED my job. I would commonly work my week off because the pay was just that good and the job was great. And management left you alone and trusted their employees to get the job done. They also trusted their employees to call/escalate to supervisors when necessary. The DM sincerely cared about his employees, and it showed by his actions, so we worked extra hard for him as a sign of mutual respect. He was also open to letting the technicians implement new strategies on the fly, and if successful, became the new SOP, thus mitigating down time and increasing efficacy. They paid their employees top rate in the market. The fuel card, company phone, and truck was great until certain field technicians had to ruin it for everyone else. (Think back to what I said about some people should have never been hired in the first place). Over the years at this company, you could clearly see a declivity in career satisfaction from the time when the first district manager that left Canada to start that Smithfield office, to the time after his leaving for Texas, and hence, people were put into management positions based on political affiliation by their boss, through favoritism, not always by merit, knowledge, or performance. This caused a ripple effect, and consequently, the general consensus from all the employees eventually was that it has dissolved from the former company that it once was, and it is not a great place to work now. It's a shame, because it really was such a great place to work at one time.
Pros
Top rate of pay, company truck, fuel card, company phone
Cons
Micromanaging the company truck, favoritism, nepotism, current lack of promotion for great performance on the job.
Poor management, liars, not afraid to sellout their morals for a buck!!
Corp. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2015
Stay away from this company at all cost. they do not care about their employees or their customers. The Board of Directors of this company should be ashamed of themselves.
Pros
Cons
Liars, liars, liars!
great oppitunity and work great pay
Solids control technician (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDDecember 30, 2015
The people that I worked with were great to work around but management need to train people better before sending out into the field because it was a two man job and when something went wrong both guys had to be out there on site and a lot of time with no sleep and had to pull a lot of hours. but over all learned a great deal of experience on the job.
Pros
poeple, pay and good experience good benifits
Cons
long time away from family
Good pedigree
Lead Closed Loop Operator (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 10, 2015
BOS was an awesome place to work but of course once certain people in the office get replaced it falls off. Life work balance is difficult. You get a week to catch up on your personal life before you are sucked back into the drama of work life
Pros
good money
Cons
clueless office, all responsibility is on you
Only care about the bottom line
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  CO,WY,UT,ND,TX,NMSeptember 2, 2015
I worked for BOS for almost 5 years and enjoyed my job.That being said they don't care about their employees at all. When the oilfield slowed down I was laid off without notice and it was like I never worked there before. No one said thanks for your time here or anything. You are constantly passed over for positions if you don't kiss your supervisors butt. It's a huge buddy system there. They do have the best equipment in the industry, but not good management at all.
Pros
Best equipment, cool coworkers, good pay
Cons
management, buddy system, we are just a number.
Good company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Rio Vista, TXAugust 19, 2015
Loved this company just wish had more family time and more work. They stopped giving raises because oil field was going under so I ended up laid off.
Great place for pay, bad for no home life
Solids Control Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 4, 2015
Was thrown to the wolfes, made it out in the end. Great pay and plenty of hours to go around, if you're willing to fill your life with oil field work. Best oil field company for solids control, etc. Have worked rigside before but prefer solids control, esp. Bos Solutions.
Pros
Great Pay, benefits, opportunities, entry level ops
Cons
Bad home life. Home like 4-6 days a week, not inlcuding travel
good place to work
Field tech/mentor/troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 14, 2015
was a better co. in the beginning got worse as time went on. still one of the best solids control co. out there. good benefits and pay
Pros
co truck
Cons
you are just a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOS Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4