BOS Solutions Employee Reviews

Mgmt
Technician/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I was very disappointed after original manager was promoted. He transferred to corporate. After that happened, everything changed. Supervisors hiring family and friends and safety was no longer held as a top priority.
I was the original hire in the NE and feel how we built this company had lost its integrity.
Pros
Great Equipment
Cons
Management --Hiring and preference of friends and family..
it is a good oil field job
Field Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2017
12 hour days on oil rig location very dirty job with 100% weather exposure if you are tough enough its a good job. the time away from home is difficult but it was a great job for me
fast paced oilfield
Shop Tech (Current Employee) –  graDecember 22, 2016
great company, would like to work here full time. worked here before in Colorado and North Dakota. great company, safety oriented and understanding and growing company.
great oppitunity and work great pay
Solids control technician (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDDecember 30, 2015
The people that I worked with were great to work around but management need to train people better before sending out into the field because it was a two man job and when something went wrong both guys had to be out there on site and a lot of time with no sleep and had to pull a lot of hours. but over all learned a great deal of experience on the job.
Pros
poeple, pay and good experience good benifits
Cons
long time away from family
Poor management, liars, not afraid to sellout their morals for a buck!!
Corp. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2015
Stay away from this company at all cost. they do not care about their employees or their customers. The Board of Directors of this company should be ashamed of themselves.
Pros
Cons
Liars, liars, liars!
Only care about the bottom line
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  CO,WY,UT,ND,TX,NMSeptember 2, 2015
I worked for BOS for almost 5 years and enjoyed my job.That being said they don't care about their employees at all. When the oilfield slowed down I was laid off without notice and it was like I never worked there before. No one said thanks for your time here or anything. You are constantly passed over for positions if you don't kiss your supervisors butt. It's a huge buddy system there. They do have the best equipment in the industry, but not good management at all.
Pros
Best equipment, cool coworkers, good pay
Cons
management, buddy system, we are just a number.
Great place for pay, bad for no home life
Solids Control Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 4, 2015
Was thrown to the wolfes, made it out in the end. Great pay and plenty of hours to go around, if you're willing to fill your life with oil field work. Best oil field company for solids control, etc. Have worked rigside before but prefer solids control, esp. Bos Solutions.
Pros
Great Pay, benefits, opportunities, entry level ops
Cons
Bad home life. Home like 4-6 days a week, not inlcuding travel
Good pedigree
Lead Closed Loop Operator (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 10, 2015
BOS was an awesome place to work but of course once certain people in the office get replaced it falls off. Life work balance is difficult. You get a week to catch up on your personal life before you are sucked back into the drama of work life
Pros
good money
Cons
clueless office, all responsibility is on you
challenging work day in and out. never knew what to expect on a daily basis
Level 3 feild tech. (Former Employee) –  Jal, NMMay 17, 2015
i learned to always get along with the people you work with and always have good communication about the job at hand. became very familiar with safety procedures and how to work in a safe manner. the hardest part about the job was only being home about 6 days a month and not being able to see family.
Pros
good money
Cons
never home
Good place for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Vista, TXMarch 22, 2015
Working with Field Supervisors to ensure daily required reports were completed for the customer and the company. Creating all delivery tickets to submit to the customer for signature and sending them to billing for payment. Meeting with supervisor's ensuring we are following all HSE requirements to keep out hands safe and equipment. Taking multiple calls from equipment operators and helping them trouble shoot problems over the phone. Responsible for all logistics when moving equipment on and off customer locations. Meeting with vendors to ensure they meet all company and customer requirements.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
We had ample training at the EO level but not enough training at management level
Good money but management puts you in unsafe situations
Solids Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDMarch 7, 2015
The job was great . The supervisors are lazy and have no sense of leadership . Most of the techs were really cool and easy to work with . The rest were lazy pigs . The contractors BOS hired were mutants that took up space and got in the way of good techs trying to get the job done . 20 and 10 schedule was perfect in my opinion . If you got put on a good rig life was good . If you got put on a bad rig you were left for dead .
Pros
Company truck, pay, benefits
Cons
Lack of Management, Safety is a joke, Supervisors
Tough, but fair
Solids Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2015
Typical day you will be on your feet all or most of your 12 hour shift, you will be mixing chemical and balancing the exchange of water to and from the rig while drilling ahead. The best/worst part of the job is the same thing; you work alone, no supervisor, no other coworkers, just you. It can be overwhelming when things breakdown, it also allows you to manage your day as you see fit, as long as you meet the needs of the rig.
Pros
Good $, Great healthcare, company truck
Cons
Work alone, weather always a factor, Safety first (laughable)
productive place to work. excellent compensation
Lead Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PANovember 2, 2014
Bos is a good company to work for. The balance between career and home life can be difficult. compensated very well for the work being done. The only issue I have is that the company doesn't follow through with many of its promises. mostly referring to raises and promotions.
Pros
salary and benefits including a work truck and gas card
Cons
very long hours. very little home life. promotions and raises
productive workplace and nice living quarters
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Rio Vista, TXSeptember 27, 2012
a day at work consisted of transfering cutting and servicing equuipment,i liked everyone i ever worked with on an oil rig and learned alot about operating heavy machinery forklift,front end loader ect. i think the hardest part of my job was that i traveled alot wich was the most enjoyable and hardest part of my job because i was able to see and spend time in alot of places around the country i had never been to wich was really cool but i was away from my wife and kids alot wich was tough.
Pros
good money
Cons
away from family alot
Great work place if you want to have no life and make a lot of money.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado branchJanuary 23, 2013
It's a great company if you don't want a life. Your schedule will consist of usually three weeks straight of work, working 12 to 16 hour a days. Your always working in remote places no where near home. After three weeks you get a week off. I do have a positive though they do give you a company vehicle to get to work and the benefits are pretty good. You will never see a raise and the company cares more about there equipment And contracts then they do about you.
Pros
good health care and a company vehicle to get to work.
Cons
long extended work hours. no family time, and the company does not care about you.
Good if you are willing to work a lot. Not quick to give raises.
Solids Control Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Rio Vista, TxJanuary 26, 2013
I get a lot of hours so I make good money but only at my own sacrifice. Constantly asked to conform to new policies and protocol but rarely rewarded for hard work. Ive been here two and a half years and make about as much as new hires.
Pros
good money if you will work the hours
Cons
no time at home with family
Productive and Growing Company
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Rio Vista, TXSeptember 13, 2012
I learned the operations of the rig and that completing minut tasks set forth from the requests of our clients each day makes for a sucessful and productive day.
Twelve hour days is what i enjoy most along with meeting new people(co-workers, cleints).
Pros
everyday is a new challange
Cons
always something needing to be fixed
would be a good career if oil wasnt so volatile
Field Service Hand (Former Employee) –  Rio Vista, TXMay 11, 2015
typical day was around 13 hrs
learned a lot about drilling
hardest part of the job was being away from home a lot
best thing was working with my hands and making good money doing it.
Pros
work truck
Cons
away from home too much
great pay, but dirty noisy working conditions
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 1, 2015
long working hours, in extremely dirty condition, in all kinds of extreme weather conditions, from -38 below zero to sweltering heat and humidity
Pros
great pay
Cons
long work days and long periods away from home
Ok Work Environment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Rio Vista, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Overall good company, but lacks support in the area I am currently working in. It is very difficult to get needed tools and other equipment needed to perform the job correctly and inexperienced supervisor.
Cons
inexperienced supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOS Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4