Bosch Security Systems Employee Reviews

small and good stater job
Value Added Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 14, 2017
It is a warehouse so the climate is not fully controlled. Hot summer and cold winter. No room for advancement and management does not promote it. Lack of employee engagement.
Pros
work schedule is monday thru friday
Cons
benefits cost increses at a faster pace than the pay rise wich is only once a year
The warehouse is new and overall unorganized
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 27, 2015
I learned how to manage and progress independently. While at Bosch, I learned how to operate a warehouse from the ground up.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks, unorganized management
High quaility high paced warehouse enviroment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 23, 2015
We are now just a distribution center, manufacturing was moved from this site about 3 years ago. At this point in time I am a re-stocker operating a swing reach piece of equipment to put away and to replenish active pick locations. Pick, pack ship is what we do now. I have learned in the inspection environment how to read parts drawings and determine what measuring tools to use to take measurements. This includes CMM and optical comparator equipment. Record keeping tracking supplier history, working with engineers on inspection of new or changed parts record exact readings to determine if parts are ok to use in production. In the warehouse environment learned to home product to proper active location according to product line, size and fit to active location zones. Learned inventory process doing a wall to wall inventory activity each year. The hardest part of the job at this time would be the weight of some of the product often stacked high and difficult to bring down from overhead. I have learned to operate the swing reach, tow motor and a wave all pieces require training and recertification as required. I enjoy most of my co-workers many of us have worked together many years. I work ok with the management team. The reason for my job search is my location is moving to another state and moving to that state was not an option. I will be without work sometime in April in May at which time I am available for new opportunities for both myself and a new employer. The company did offer very hourly wage rate, benefits, vacation time and overtime was available. It is a good company  more... to work for.  less
Pros
We have a Cares team so we get perks at times, we have a saftey team co we are in a safe workplace, it is clean, warm and have AC.
Cons
I don't care to make any negative statements because the pluses just far out weigh any negative.
very stressful and no flexibility
Repair Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYDecember 29, 2014
Get into work, log into the phone system, answer repair calls, input orders. Some project work.
Excellent Company
MICROWAVE ENGINEER COOP (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYDecember 22, 2014
Great co-workers, highly skilled with HFSS and SolidWorks. Experts in RF as well as mechanical, plus expert in Labview development Management can be a bit uptight, and try to maximize every bit of performance out of a product, without really doing a redesign that's overdue.
Work life balance is unbalanced
Sr. Member of Research Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 28, 2014
There is a big difference on work environment between Europe and US. Employees in Europe has always better advantages than employees in US.
Valued experience with a lot of gained knowledge
MP Warehouse Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARApril 14, 2014
My almost 8 years I was employed with Bosch, I held several positions gaining a considerable amount of knowledge with each position. My manager had the confidence in me helped me broaden my experience in leadership roles.
Horribly managed company
Senior Customer Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 20, 2014
Horribly run and managed business. There is an absolute lack of leadership and vision. Fortunately the pay is decent and the hours are good for a family, but not a company to advance your career.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
leadership
Boring place. Boring work. Lack of Energy
Product Management & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 24, 2013
The company is steeped in beauracracy. It is difficult to make a decision without getting multiple approvals. Business moves very slow and the company is antiquated. The company is micro-managed by the German parent company whose representatives are not often present.
Fun place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 13, 2013
Every body is natural and well inform of their company. Everyday is something new and all your ideas count
Interesting Work place
Director, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GAApril 5, 2013
Fine place to work, good people, provides a full range of products to sell, many existing customers, high tech products
Pros
well estabilished
Cons
well estabilished
Not the ideal place to work at
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 3, 2013
You are expected to be there from 8AM to 5PM. There isn't much flexibility with your work hours.
It is a very strict work place with a lot of protocols to follow. The good part is that they don't expect you to work overtime, or spend long hours outside of working hours.
The bad thing is that they have too many rules in place and the pay is low.
Great Place
Mechanical Drafter Intern (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNFebruary 1, 2013
Bosch was a great place to work. They were very flexible with me during my internship. I learned valuable skills from my co-workers.
Productive with High standards
Production Material Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNMarch 29, 2012
Within the company, they would try to promote with in. They were family orientated. Health care was a high priory as well as safety.